Wedding planning advice

Evelyne

Hi everyone

My fiancé and I are planning to tie the knot in Dec 2018, and we haven't start out with our wedding planning yet as we are clueless on what, where and how to start off with the planning.

Recently we went to the bridal fair at Vivo but we didn't seal any deal as we don't know when the wedding date will be. And as both of us are Christian, we are looking for a church to hold our holy matrimony.

So some background on what we or rather I had done thus far. I've emailed the church we intended to hold our wedding in, and I Guess I'll have to immediately book it once the venue is available for our wedding date. We have also rsvp-ed to BOWS in October to view the bridal studio. We are looking for Actual Day bridal package because we will be heading to Melbourne next year June for our casual pre wedding shoot.

So what else do I need to look out for and have my planning go. Or is there like a wedding checklist or timeline to plan along

Thanks brides for the help.

jckoh

(1) Decide on the date first, consult both your parents if need to for calculation of dates. (2) Discuss if you like to do buffet luncheon after your church solemnization only or with a dinner banquet thereafter? If so, (3) Source for venues for your banquet as well. Once that is done then you should look for (4) PG/VG for actual day, as well as (5) Bridal Studios for actual day package of gowns, floral, make up etc. or you can do the aka carte route of renting gowns from Bridal Studio, then find your own make up artists and florists vendors etc.

Juneohzn

Hi everyone

My fiancé and I are planning to tie the knot in Dec 2018, and we haven't start out with our wedding planning yet as we are clueless on what, where and how to start off with the planning.

Recently we went to the bridal fair at Vivo but we didn't seal any deal as we don't know when the wedding date will be. And as both of us are Christian, we are looking for a church to hold our holy matrimony.

So some background on what we or rather I had done thus far. I've emailed the church we intended to hold our wedding in, and I Guess I'll have to immediately book it once the venue is available for our wedding date. We have also rsvp-ed to BOWS in October to view the bridal studio. We are looking for Actual Day bridal package because we will be heading to Melbourne next year June for our casual pre wedding shoot.

So what else do I need to look out for and have my planning go. Or is there like a wedding checklist or timeline to plan along

Thanks brides for the help.

I've also RSVP-ed to the BOWS event!! Since you still do not have the dates, you might want to see which hotel you are keen on so first thing when you have confirmed on the dates, you can call up your preferred hotel to seal the deal.

Since you are intending to take your PWS in Melbourne next year, instead of getting the AD package from bridal studio, maybe you want to consider going ala carte. I realised that purchasing AD solely from bridal shop does not seem to be quite worth the price. Maybe you can start making appointment with a few of your desired bridal shops to go and take a look first :)