Wedding @ HortPark

sian_12

Anyone has any good catering and setup for recommendations?

I'll be having my Solenmisation @ May this coming year..
Nothing big.. just the intention of like less then 15 close relatives/friends..

Thank you in advance!!

kimchi83

Why do we need to use the appointed caterer?

None of the catering company that i like
sad.gif

odie24

Qiuwen,

The one that we like was also not in the list of caterers but made do with one of them. I think Purple sage and Lavish is good but a bit costly compared to the rest.. Ask for food tasting loh..

annling

HelenAlex, im thinking of having my solemnisation at hortpark too
happy.gif

Anyone has any ideas for wet weather plans at hortpark? Ive at a look at their smaller rooms, aint too romantic for a nice wedding.

odie24

Hi Annling,

If you have your wedding in the lawn then its either you put up a marquee or you book the MPH as well for wet weather plans

rhyoxene

Hey,
I'm thinking of the MPH in dec 2011 but like very rushed and like no openings to book.
sad.gif
and then now I read all the really bad food and all so kinda freaked out, hahaha.
Is HortPark worth booking? Cause I'm going to have nearly 300pax :/

odie24

Hi R.Tan,

You can always email HortPark to ask if it is still available. Well as for bad food its very subjective I should say cos it depends on which caterer you choose so avoid selecting those with bad comments you should be fine.

HortPark is a nice place and different from a hotel setting .... Happy deciding
happy.gif

rhyoxene

Hi Jajah,
I emailed them lah, but they take awhile to reply. Calling them always end up in message bank leh. Sian!!! SO, so far I know Four Seasons is BAD. any others to blacklist? :p

aya, now looking at La Villa, HortPark, Beaulieu House and Changi Beach Club.
Anyone has comments on Beaulieu house?

lovetto

Hi R.Tan,
I chose to have my wedding in Dec 2011 at Hortpark too. I have booked my venue and food. By the way, if u are thinking of holding it in the MPH, I don't think can hold 300 pax. Max is 220 (22 tables). That's was what my caterer told me.

rhyoxene

Hey Lovetto,
I can't get HrotPark liao. they don't have the date open for Nov
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

I was thinking of that too, so venue hunting still lor.
Sian.

lulu_love

Hi all!

I've just had my wedding at the Hortpark on 2nd July 2011 and it was fabulous!

I had about 300 guests in the Multi Purpose Hall but it was not in one sitting as it's a buffet so it was just nice..I used the Seed Room for our solemnization..
happy.gif

xtra_l

Hi all, I've booked my wedding at Multi Purpose Hall, Hort Park on 29 July 2012. I am planning to have an afternoon event but I've booked the hall for the entire day. Any couple would like to use it for dinner so we can share the cost?

bridetobe5

Hi Fellow BTBs!
happy.gif

My fiance and I will be having our wedding party with just friends and colleagues at Hort Park this coming early November 2012.
We will be having our Holy Matrimony at the Lawn and then moving indoors to the MPH for a sit-down buffet..
Anyone has any caterer to recommend??
Am quite concerned about the quality of the food! Plus my budget of $30 per pax and below makes my choices pretty limited... :/

simplyberries2

My sis called to enquire for her wedding, they said they are working with caterers such as Four Seasons, Orange Clove and Rasel.There's many positive comments about Rasel in SB forum, get them to email their package.

qds

Planning to book hort park's MPH in late 2020 for a full day on saturday.
Any one keen to split the location to share the costs?

Would appreciate pictures and anyone who held theirs there too!