Wedding @ HortPark

odie24

Hi everyone,

Anyone having or held their wedding or ROM at the lawn area in HortPark.

I need help can share your pic or how you did it?

clarius

Very few wedding photos of hort park online..i only managed to find one source. you may wish to look a look at this website:http://weddingsbydarrel.com/blog/wp-content/weddings/shaneandeileen/

Mine will be at Hort Lawn. When is yours?
happy.gif

odie24

Hi Celine,

Just saw your reply here. Maybe we can keep our postings here.

I will be having my ROM and wedding receiption at HortPark next year Jan.

When are you planning to have it?

This is my email address: [email protected]

Please feel free to add me to your msn so we can keep in touch and exchange ideas..

clarius

Hi Jajah,
I didn't manage to book hort lawn as weekends were fully booked in sept and oct this yr. They told me that next yr would be better. As we wanted it to be on sept this yr, we have chosen another venue, which is very beautiful too.. at raffles house, fort canning.
happy.gif

my email:[email protected]

odie24

Hi Celine,

Sad to know that you have chosen another venue. Thought i have found someone with the same venue so can discuss and help each other as it is really hard to find someone with e same venue.
sad.gif
Nevertheless, glad to know that you have found an alternative venue.

We can still keep in touch and see if we can exchange ideas...

geriko

Hi I'm interested to hold my ROM and AD at Hort Park but am not sure how to go about doing it.. Is there any website that I can go to to find out more? Not sure if they have an air-conditioned place for the banquet..

clarius

you can go to nparks website, from there, search for hort park website. They have a few venues for rental, including the multi-purpose hall which is airconditioned.

ellytusk

hi yep, i am planning for hortpark too. think it is the best with indoor and outdoor available. they have appointed caterer, any comments which is the best? smiling orchird, raseal, purplesage?

bubblepuzzle

Hey Tan,

I love Hortpark too but they are taken up for my wedding date. You can try Rasel, I'm booking them for my lunch and dinner. Tried their food in few wedding and it's delicious.

odie24

Hi have not been in here for a long time. I book mine for next year. I booked the Lawn, MPH and seed room too.. Do keep in touch..

olebb

Hi i'm about to book Hort Park Hort Lawn for my solemnisation on 19/6/10.

planning for a simple cocktail from 4-8pm.
i'm inviting about 100 guests. est cost >$100 per head. [venue, food, drinks, table chairs, cake, band, deco]

Not sure if Hort park is worth spending so much money and effort. i can easily get a restaurant with a lawn which cost less and i don't have to organise so many things.

just read the ruling that we cannot even put flower petals on the grass. sigh

i don't want my guest to sit on bistro table and bar chairs for 4 hours. but if i seat them inside MPH i am wasting the lawn.

waivering about booking hort park but after spending quite abit of effort and time researching on it.. will feel sad if i give up the place.

feeling pretty confused. any of ya care to share your plan and opinion?

clarius

Hi Aili,

Thanks, understand how you feel as I researched quite a bit before deciding on my rom venue too. Hort park was one of my shortlisted choices too. And hubby and I debated for a while too, whether we want to go through so many sourcing that you have mentioned eg caterer, logistics. And we decided that we liked the place so much that we decided to go for it. We were contemplating either renting the mph and lawn so that guests can eat indoor and solemnisation be outdoor, or booking the lawn only but building a tentage at the lawn. (have checked that tentage is allowed, but must get from a particular vendor) Anyhow, we did not get hort park in the end as it was not avail for the date we wanted.

Just would like you to know that my hubb and I got another venue (indoor and outdoor) that required all the sourcing by ourselves still, it was certainly hard work and yes like you said we could have gotten a restaurant with a lawn thats way cheaper, but we felt that its more impt that we liked the place and the sourcing process made the whole rom even more memorable.
happy.gif

Btw, it cost more than $100 per head?? I'm sure you can cut down some of the stuff that you intend to get.
happy.gif

olebb

hmm.. the officer says we need to book both MPH and Hort lawn from 8am-10pm. the bistro tables and bar chairs are also pretty expensive [about 20 per head]. so if you add in the food + wine. it's almost 70 per head already. then decoration, cake, band..... it's about there

odie24

Hi Aili,

I am holding my wedding there in Jan 2010. We will have the solemnisation in the lawn and the sit down lunch in the MPH. The logistics ppl are SengHeng Tentage. They are quite easy to talk to why don you get a quote from them if you have not decided on the place yet. If you need the contact you can get from me.

I do agree that there are quite a number of restrictions but it all depends on how you work ard them and how much you like the place. You may say the lawn is wasted but in a way we gave and take loh... We intend to use a bubble gun instead of having rose petals. After which we will give it to the kids to let them have fun rather then they sit in the MPH and get restless.

My advice to you if you really want to cut cost yet like the place so much, look into the things that are a must and those things that may have cheaper altertives like band etc perhaps can use amplifiree for music or play throught the AV system provided my the park as soft back ground music...

Well do let me know if you need any info. You can email me at [email protected].

olebb

Hi Jajah
good luck for your wedding!

i've gotten the quote from SengHeng, the bulk of the cost comes from the bistro table and bar chair[$30 per px] and they are not very comfortable to sit on for 3 hours. so it's like a warm, not very comfortable alfresco dining which looks nice on pic vs comfortable but ugly looking conference room. [and the reason why i wanted hort park was for alfresco dining coz i don't like enclosed space so it's really a dilemma now]

btw rose petals are allowed on the lawn! only not allowed on concrete ground due to potential stains... so we are continuing with the rose petals idea

the band actually doesn't cost too much more compare to renting the sound system from seng heng and it makes the party alot nicer.. so that we will prob keep

what time is your solemnisation? hope it won't be too hot, but at least the sun won't be in your eyes

odie24

Hi olebb,

I thought rose petals where not allowed in the lawn leh ... My ROM is at 11.30am but we will be having a slope tent and a small gazebo not all guests will be seated only family members and senior citizens.

Perhaps for the comfort of the guests change it to banquet tables and chairs... Set up a tentage if you really want in the lawn...

So how you intend to do deco of the place.

baby156

Hi,

I'm interested in having Hort Lawn for my ROM in Jan 2010 also. I only intended to rent the lawn, not the MPH. I don't want to set up a tentage coz it would "spoil" my garden view..

Please share how you would decorate the lawn
happy.gif

odie24

Hi Kelly,

Have you booked the place yet? Cos i heard the place gets booked up very fast.

If rose petals are allowed then you can use it to line the pathway for march-in. tie posy to the chairs, have some flower stand or use balloons if you want to.

baby156

Hi Jajah,

I just booked today, luckily the slot is still available
happy.gif

The receptionist told me that we have to put the platform/board before placing tables/chairs to avoid damage to the grass. i will need to contact SengHeng as they are the only approved contractor in Hort Park..

Thanks for suggestion
happy.gif
. btw, do you know where to rent fake flower stand? thanks
happy.gif

olebb

jajah: can't use banquet chairs and tables --> need to built platform which spoils the look of the lawn.... of coz we can built mini platform for individual table but not sure how it'll turn out

so i'll prob keep the reception indoor [ at least i still get a view of d lawn ] and solemnisation outdoor, save me one headache on d day in case it rains...

kelly: you can consider putting a few bistro tables and bar chairs around but they are pretty expensive. so far sengheng has a lower charge vs the caterer i've checked out so you can rent those from sengheng. if your solemnisation is short and simple considering skipping the bar chairs[they are very expensive]... let d young ppl stand around. can set up a VIP table along the corridor for d elderly to sit down in d shade. for fresh flowers stand you can check out fareastflora, fake ones i'm not very sure

odie24

hi Kelly,

May i know which date did you book?

By the way you can check out this florist, Blissfulthots they don charge very high.

baby156

Olebb: not sure how thhe platform will look like, hopefully it is nice. I will check with sengheng the quote for chairs with covers;the bistro set is too ex for us . We will have abt 60 guests.

Jajah: I booked for 17th Jan. When will be yrs?

odie24

The banquet chairs with covers will cost abt $5.50 thats what I got from Seng heng.

I booked on the 3rd of Jan. In fact i booked half a day of 2nd Jan for set up.

thommy

seng heng is their only approved tentage contractor? they are among the most expensive ones, no wonder the bulk of the costs come from there.

baby156

Jajah,

Initially we wanted to book on 10 Jan, but they are having renovation, so we had to change to 17 Jan. Anyway, it is still ok.
Yours is on 3 Jan, before renovation, so I guess you don't have to use the platform to protect the lawn??

odie24

Hi Kelly,

No idea abt the reno nor the platform though.

Olebb,

Not sure cos mine is in the day. Sorry not if much help.

nelotte

Hi all,

I'm considering to rent HortPark MPH. It seemed pretty cheap for only $680 (4 hrs), until I read this thread. Looks like there are a lot of unseen costs, like the catering, the band, chairs, set up etc.

So I would like to ask all of u a question. How much have you guys spent for holding your wedding there?

Anyway, I thought this is a perfect place for my wedding, coz I'm looking for a venue where I can have a church service, full band for praise and worship, followed by buffet dinner for 200-250 pax.

Hmmmmm.. any suggestion?

olebb

hi nelly,
indoor or outdoor?

first u may want to consider renting MPH for wetweather plan. that will push up your rental cost to >$2k [if u rent >8hr they give u d entire day rental]

they dont allow legged furniture on d lawn so need to build platform or rent bistro table n chairs. contact seng heng for cost

dinner cost abt $70 per px. refer to appointed caterer on NPark website

if outdoor dinner also need to rent lights and fans.

if outdoor solemnisation indoor dinner about $110 per px. if full outdoor about $130 per px. if stand around cocktail reception i believe can try to hit below $50 per px .

odie24

Dear Nelly,

I would say the cost is comparable with a hotel banquet but if you really like the place why not... You can speak to the vendors regarding yr budget and see what they can offer you.. No harm asking for a quote...

olebb

Ticketed Event: S$20 per couple ticket, S$12 per single ticket

Ticket sales: 12 Dec 2009, 11am - 7pm at HortPark (Goodie bags will be given out to the first 100 ticket holders)

Free Food Sampling: 2.30pm - 5.00pm

Jointly organised by National Parks Board and Wedding & Travel Magazine, the Garden Wedding Fair @ HortPark will showcase parks and gardens as enchanting and affordable alternative wedding venues.

The fair will feature a comprehensive range of exhibitors comprising caterers, bridal boutiques, photography studios, beauty & wellness, jewellery & accessories, displays & decor, honeymoon & travel, and other wedding service providers.

Highlights include talks and workshops, fashion shows and interactive activities.

Take the opportunity to also find out more about the wedding venues offered by our parks and how you can play a part to save the environment by taking up a Green Wedding package.

Don't miss out on this chance to explore the options for a garden wedding. Start planning for your big day now!

Contact Info : 6471 5601
Date : 12 Dec 2009 11:00 am - 7:00 pm
Venue : HortPark

joyle_t

Hi, anyone went for Garden Wedding Fair @ HortPark? busy with work so forgot bout the event.. hope to get some comments from the fair..

flover30

Hi All,

Need advice as I am planning for my wedding in Sept 2010. Due to budget constraints, want to make my wedding simple, so thought of renting the MPH @ HortPark.

Here is my initial plan, hope you guys can give me some comments =)

A solemnization wedding, church wedding style, so there will be praise and worship, exhortation, benediction etc..

Then follow by a Hi-Tea receptions and then photo taking... that all

Total guest will be @ around 150pax

Thank You in advance

olebb

=) sounds simple but very nice

MPH includes projector and sound system but the place is very bare. have to think about how to do up the place, can consider using balloons.

Hort Park provide chairs for use in MPH, i think there's abt 200 of them. may not suit your wedding but can consider using them to cut cost, ask emily[person in charge of hort park] to show you the chairs

if it's a stand around party can get a few bistro tables from seng heng [ISS provide a few tables foc as part of the package]

food wise, the higher end caterer- etc lavish purple sage prob has better quality and presentation
the rest are more economical. email the caterer for package, the response is quite fast.

hope this helps =)

olebb

ISS is one of the caterer, pretty competitive package. i've tried their food, not too bad. but heard some bad comments b4 re food quality and punctuality. look around for other comments first before you decide =)

the list of appointed caterer is on hort park's website
seng heng is the only appointed contractor

zerochristy

olebb> Hi you also here ah...

All> Just want to comment on ISS catering too... I order from Javalink which use ISS catering kitchen cut the story short.. some of my guest got diarrhea... than I highlight to the catering company I think partly they are so scard that this leak out so they say are willing to pay for the medical fee and rebate me 20% of what I paid.

Seriously I still dun feel good cause its my housewarming party and such thing happen feel that the housewarming party is not being done at all after this matter.

olebb

oh man....

i thought it's bad enough when my friend tells me the hands that wash the toilet also cook my food

zerochristy

Olebb> What I know is ISS is a big company and they go around to buy over company.. ISS are in catering, cleaning service, office support, property support.

If you google online should be able to find it.

I would still prefer to go back to Neo Garden which I had during my AD
happy.gif

flover30

Jajah: thank for info, it help lots =)

All: thanks for the comments of the catering, I think I will get Rasel, coz I read quite good comment on it =)

odie24

Dear Finz,

No prob just wanted to share my knowledge. As i did not have any reference when I started... So just wanted to share.

olebb

jajah

shares more details of your wedding?
how was the weather, was it too warm?
i thought your event was on the lawn how come it got shifted indoor?
who was your caterer, any comments.
how much did you spend roughly
etc etc

i'm finalising the details of the event, getting very stress!