Wedding Bands - Titanium Rings?

ayukie

erm i read somewhere for titanium rings if u erm gt ya ring stuck hor den u b in deep probs ..
esp u know if u finger swollen etc coz .. titanium erm local dun have rite ? abit hard to get them off and fix them lor ..

tiffany1612

hi ayukie..

thanks for ur feedback. hmm.. for titanium its fine.. its still not as tough as tungsten. if its tungsten rings, then there will be a problem trying to get it out in emergencies..

yah titanium rings only available from US at the moment....but its quite nice leh.. i dunno also.. my fiancee likes it... .....

momento

Tiff....I have customized my wedding bands with my FH at Goldheart. Both of us fell in love in this pair of Zen titanium rings and got them for a discount of approximately $800. Same design for both male and female, no diamonds whatsoever. Simple yet elegant.

tiffany1612

hi dingdang.. thanks for the feedback.. can i check with u if the titanium rings are really more comfortable? also i heard that its less shiny... is it so??

monster6

Hi Tiff,

My uncle is a jeweller who made both my wedding bands & engagement rings.If u're interested in custom making ur rings,would u like a quote from him ?

PM me if u want his contact.

momento

hi tiff...as my finance really hates shiny and elaborate designs, titanium rings seem perfect to him! lol. titanium rings are not very shiny but neither are they too dull in colours. in my view, titantium rings are more worth it. however they can only be resized maximum 1 size bigger. finace says it's the best way to ensure that the two of us do not grow too fat after marriage too. haha.

well, I believe that the comfort of the rings depend if they are hollow or solid. You can check them when you ask for the samples and you see if it's a solid ring or you can see gaps between the ring and your finger. Some prefer the solid ones (especially if you have thin bony fingers) whereas others prefer hollow ones that gives more 'breathing space'. pick and choose those that fit both your style. good luck!
happy.gif

kopio

Hi dingdang,
Ur customised titanium rings were originally from Goldheart is it? Any idea if they do custom-make the rings?

tiffany1612

hi dingdang..

thanks a lot.. =) my fiance also do not like shiny rings.. so tts why he likes titanium.. we initially tot singapore dun have.. so we wanted to source elsewhere..

i will go take a look at goldheart! thanks a lot!

momento

caff.... yes, originally from Goldheart. I have learnt that almost all jewellery shop can change the material (from white gold to gold, or to rose gold, or to titanium) of your choice as long as you like their design and give them sufficient time to custom-make your rings.
happy.gif
no worries! To avoid disappointment, give them AT LEAST 10 weeks to custom make your rings. In case anything happens along the way, you would still have the option of changing design or shop :p

Tiff..yeah, in fact there are many ring shops in Sg. Recently I found another shop that sells very nice and unique couple/solemnisation rings in the newly opened shopping centre at Clarke Quay. Sorry, I'm not sure about the name of the shop. You can go there and take a look. Huge collection of rings and the most unique thing I can rem about the shop is that the sales people wear a glove on one hand almost all the time to avoid leaving fingerprints on the ring!
happy.gif
the designs are from japan, btw. You can find titanium rings there too. Have fun!

felicissimo

hi dingdang,

i've juz went to GH recently and saw a pair of 100% platinum wedding bands. it was really lovely but very ex, 2500 for both!! it was also from the zen collection. however, the biz manager did not mentioned dat they also carry titanium rings. does urs cost 800 for both rings?

may i noe wat are the differences between platinum and titanium?

ayukie

tats wad i figured most shops in sg do sell platinum but for titanium i don;t think its that common for those shops like g.h to carry them here.

ayukie

Titanium is a natural element which has a silver-greyish-white color. Titanium is the hardest natural metal in the world. It is very strong, three times the strength of steel and much stronger than gold, silver and platinum and yet is very light weight. Pure titanium is also 100% hypoallergenic which means that it if safe for anyone to wear as it will not react to your skin.

Titanium provides several unique factors that make it a good metal for jewelry. It is very strong, more dent, bend and scratch resistant than gold, silver and platinum, is lightweight and importantly offers an exotic array of colors which other metals simply do not.

One factor to consider with titanium is that titanium cannot be soldered, which means that titanium rings cannot normally be resized.

Titanium rings made using pure titanium can normally be cut-off the finger in the event of an emergency, though they are more difficult to cut-off than gold, silver or platinum rings. Aircraft grade titanium rings normally cannot be cut-off in the event of an emergency.
----------
Platinum is a white metal, but unlike gold it is used in jewelry in almost its pure form. Platinum is extremely long wearing and is very white, so it does not need to be rhodium plated like white gold does.

Platinum is very dense and heavy metal, so a platinum ring will feel heavier than an 18kt gold ring.

Platinum is, however, significantly more expensive than gold. With all other things being the same, a platinum ring will be approximately twice the price of an 18kt white gold ring.

Platinum is a prestige choice and is often chosen for its sophisticated appeal and popularity amongst the rich and famous.

Platinum is normally not used in the full range of jewelry products due to its higher price.

splash

dingdang (momento): The shop (The Kiss)is located at the ground level of The Central. Just above Clarke quay mrt station.

tiffany1612

hi isplash.. thanks for the info.. i just went today.. and found out that they got no titanium rings.. =( but they do offer very nice silver rings for all kinds of ocassion.. their wedding bands are not bad too.. but i was a bit disappointed cos they didnt bring in the full range as in their catalogue...

dingdang.. i also asked goldheart they got no titanium rings.. urs is titanium? or platinum?

how come all shops i go got no titanium... sad..
anyone knows of any shops selling titanium rings? my hubby insist on titanium..how.....

ayukie

erm ... maybe you can try those specific customisation shops bah ?

I doubt those like soo kee , goldheart , lee hwa etc will be selling titanium ..

A safer bet is overseas ...

hunnybunny

I recommend those with sensitive skin to get Titanium.

Recently, the white gold ring my Mum gave me started giving me allergic reactions - skin turned red, swollen and flaky + itchy around the area where the ring came in contact with skin.

This is because white gold is a mix of gold plus alloy... and sometimes contains nickel (which makes it white in colour)... a lot of people have allergy to nickel.

Stick to either 18k gold ring, platinum (which also does have some alloy mixed in but not as bad) or titanium (which is completely safe for ppl with sensitive skin).

graciie23

We're getting our wedding rings from www.titaniumera.com

Nice designs, and the prices are very competitive compared to the rest of the online websites for titanium. I seriously don't believe in paying sky high in Singapore coz part of it I'm paying for the shop space, rental, staff and advertising for these chain jewellers.

Highly recommend titanium rings coz they are more unique (white gold too common) and look very avant garde. My FH's fav metal is titanium too
happy.gif

ctgal

hi Gracie,

i like the titanium rings..
wondering how do u get those rings?
order online?
and how much is the shipping fee?

thanks

yenzy

Hey, I just bought my titanium ring from TitaniumStyle aka Avant Garde.. Apparently quite well-known.. hope you can see the picture.. Hmm received within 2 weeks.. Would strongly suggest before you attempt to buy online, walk around those Cut Throat gold shops to check on the Width of the ring and if it fits you, and also your size too. Mine is a 6mm width and is a bit big for me and looks better on my middle finger as it is longer. But overall, I really like this ring a lot. Diamond is so shiny and damn cheap.. Most importantly, the reason why we buy it is because it is gonna be an everyday wear... so we do not wish for Gold or platinum that will be scratch or change color and etc... Titanium/ Tungsten is something that can achieve that and it symbolise a marriage to me.. these views of the ring is purely personal thoughts and may not represent the rest..
happy.gif

1434500.jpg

jaslynn

How big is the diamond? 4mm??
oh n the metal iszzt v thick (like 2mm thick), like put on the finger n the ring metal is like v thick??? erm u get what i trying to say???

LOL v hard to explain...

yenzy

the diamond is 4mm according to my auda ruler but this auda ruler also measured 6mm for the width of the ring too.. but website states 3.5mm though.
the thickness is 2mm so you have to get the right size. Mine i bought it one size bigger to anticipate me putting on weight in future.. :p hence i felt the weirdness between my fingers. I think it is the 6mm that is too big.

If you intend to purchase from where i purchase from, fred not, as they will send you the sample ring for you to try on before finalising the final one.. I bought the Tungsten ring for my FH and we requested him to send me the actual one to try on before engraving.

dipd

Hi all,

Just would like to share.

My wed band is platinum with diamond bought from Goldheart, Celestial. Not recommend you all buying wed bands from Goldheart. The diamond dropped off by itself only after a year from purchase.

Very sad
sad.gif