Waxing? i need help!!

purple_bathtub

hi ladies,
i bought a tub of wax from cathy costing me $120 including the cloth and after wax oil.
the person say just put in micro wave and heat for 2min then place it on desired area for 45sec and the hair will come off. i put for half an hour nth comes off. or do i need to get a pro wax heater? but the instructions say microwave will do. pls help ladies =( or anyone who knows how to use wanna buy from me?lifespan is 6-7 years. sticks included. 100% hygenic. cos nv double dip the stick..

latino

i am not sure what you did but you can follow the instructions below -

a. either heat the warm in a micro-oven or in a slow cooker

b. Once the wax has melted, use the wooden sticks to scope up some wax. Make sure the wax on the spatula is not too hot or else you will burn yourself.

c, spread the wax over the hair (in the direction of the hair)
eg. -------> direction of hair
-------> spread wax in same direction of hair

d. press the cloth on the wax

e. pull the cloth in the opp direction of the hair
*cloth
eg. [---------] pull from this end of cloth
--------> direction of hair

f. do the same steps if there are still some hair remaining. Use tweeze if necessary

Your skin will turn a little red on that spot. Use the wax oil to moisturise it.

I hope this make sense to you... Good Luck !

latino

Oh I forgot to add.

For e. before you pull the cloth, make sure you stretch the skin with one hand and pull the cloth with the other hand.

if you are not sure, would be good to find the video on youtube.

purple_bathtub

hi latino,
thanks for ur msg.
i did all the thing as wat u haf said.
but the thing is after 30 min nth comes off. and i use reusable cloth, how do i remove all the sticky wax?

latino

you mean you tried waxing but the hair still did not come out?

you can remove the sticky wax with the wax oil they provided.

if all else fails, go back to the person you bought the wax from and get some help cos $120 is alot of money. a tub of wax, wax oil and cloth wont cost so much.

in future, pls dont buy such expensive items if you are gonna DIY at home. it would be better that you go to a professional and get it done properly.

purple_bathtub

yes, only a few pathetic strands come off. i tot i could save money but in the end it was otherwise =( the cloth for waxing is reusable so i do not know how to clean it. it has been 2 yrs. i bring back also no point cos the shop don haf any micro wave or heating pot to demo. onli know how to bullshit. i called twice, they said the same thing, as in the instruction. so i dono if its i shd get a heating pot for wax or wat. but i m now hoping someone will buy from me lo. not hinting u la.. lol! =)

latino

Dont even think of selling it. Any sensible person will not buy such item from you cos you actually had it for 2 years.

Take it as you paid $120 to learn a lesson.

purple_bathtub

the wax can still be used, still have 4 more yrs to go, y would i be afraid of gettin caught?? idle? huh?

hey ariel.. i think the only solution is to join stripe, fast and clean..or honey pot $56 for all waxed out if i rem correctly.. =)

latino

Ariel, what do you want to get off? Hairs on your leg? You can buy Veet from Guardian Pharmacy. If you cant do it yourself, then get it done at any reputable waxing organisation, Stripe, Honeypot, Revive Wellness, and others.

Bathtub, if you are offering to sell something that does not work for you simply cos you dont know how to use it and the supplier is not going to help you, then I wish you luck and ask you to search your heart.

You kept harping that it still has 4 more years. Ok, go and advertise and see if you got any calls. Your price better be too good to resist...
happy.gif

If I want to buy a wax with warmer, I will make sure I buy a brand new one and from a reputable supplier, or at least with proper instructions to show me how to use it. Why would I wanna buy from you?
happy.gif

The choice is yours. Go advertise and I wish you luck
happy.gif

pink_sapphire

guardian sells wax at only 18bucks can last u at least 3 yrs & its easy to use type cos its the type that hardens when it gets cold

purple_bathtub

hey stupid latino,

whether i know how to use or dono how to use is none of ur business. i am selling something tat is still in usable conditon. so just shut the F* up and mind ur own buisness old biatch =)

u shd be searchin ur own heart on being such a kpo here, get lost old women! =)

purple_bathtub

ya its ex cos its a big tub with the waxing cloth reusable and after wax tea tree oil ma.. congratulate me for spending so much?? thanks huh.. =p

rubypumps

why not just throw it away? it's been there for 2 yrs and it's only 120 bucks.

even if go through all the trouble also sell for 100 only. still have to search for buyers and meetup etc.

olivia_nicholas

hey purple bathtub...
i just saw ur post... im north indian u knoe indian hair is very thick.. so use indian wax if ur hair doesnt comes out and i wax my self all the time... my wax cost me 10 dollars for a tub and wax strips for 5 dollars... try it ou..

go to JOTHI SHOP in CAMBELL lane in serangoon road its near tekka mall go insode all the sales person are MEN just ask one of them where to get WAX and they will bring u to the section i never tried cold wax i only tried hot wax so ask him for hot wax...

happy.gif
im glad to help... don bother what people say bout u... they don know who u are...

cadencetripp

i use Veet, the in-shower mousse for all over my body but the "sensitive" area. really works. been using it for years and my hair gets thinner and lesser after each time.

nearbtb

Hi all,
can i just check, i have never wax b4 but for the coming PS thinking of doing it but afraid tat the hair will get thicker after waxing, but some says otherwise. which is true??
Thanks

latino

Btb, it is NOT TRUE that hair will get thicker after waxing. Hair will only get thicker when you shave. By waxing, you are removing the hair from the hair follicle at the root.

There are 3 different types of wax - hard wax, hot wax and cold wax.

HARD WAX - Hot wax is applied to the hair. The wax is removed when the wax harden, thus pulling the hairs with it.

HOT WAX - Hot wax is applied to the hair. A strip is placed over the wax. The strip is pulled when the wax is cooled, thus pulling the hairs with it.

COLD WAX - Pre-prepared strip of wax is applied over the hair. As usual, the strip is pulled removing the hairs with it.

I hope you can understand my layman explanation.

nailsleparc

Or just bring the wax and come to Nails Le Parc

Great Price!! Great Service!! Up to date technique, equipment and products!!
10% off all services and products
...Call now for appointment 62462692

...520 East Coast Road #01-03

Come!! you will NOT REGRET it!!

purple_bathtub

hi olivia,
thanks for ur great recommendation, i would definitelty go to the jothi shop tat u mention.. thanks for being so understanding =)

henry, i will call the beauty palour asap.. thanks!

awaqas123

Hello Beautifull ladies in Singapore,

Amna's Beauty Services at Afoordable rates.

Sit back and relax in your own comfort and style at your own home while we bring out the royale life in you...

Our Services are:

Full body waxing: $50
Full Arms waxing: $20
Full Legs waxing : $20
Half Arms: $10
Half Legs: $15
Underarms: $5

Face wax: $20

Facial: $40

Full Body Massage: $50 for 30 minutes
$70 for 50 minutes

Menicure: $20
Pedicure: $25

No Transportation charges or Hidden costs

Plz call for Appointment at +6583077848

citybella

purple bathtub, i believe you will have a problem selling your stuff coz people are usually not receptive to buying used personal items to do with hygiene. Plus the fact that you said : nothing came off" would put them off too..

Side note ladies, does anyone know of a wax for the personal areas? With results that lasts for at least a few weeks? i'm too shy to go to a salon and shaving is out. Thanks!

citybella

Anyone tried the Bella Skin depilux system ( if i didn't get the name wrong) fronted by MarieFrance spokewoman Fann Wong?

I heard about that and Strip through a few of the cabin crew friends.. if i really can't find a self waxing product, i may have to try going to a salon!!! * blush

lonelyger

Isn't the Mariefrance ambassador Christy Chung, not Fann Wong? I read her latest interview by Yahoo and she said she was here in Singapore to promote the new slimming and beauty programme.

She really is a very beautiful woman. I saw her once in the 90s when she came to Singapore, her eyes a little pak jiao but it somehow made her even more innocent looking. LOL

girl2010

why don't try permanent hair removal. Long term save $$$. Now I have my fifth time of doing my half legs LHE(Light Heat Energy). Very effective...most of the hair had gone
happy.gif
50% discount @ opera beauty cottage near khitlab mrt. Recommended

dompz

My suggestion would be Nair Microwaveable wax kit. I've been using it for more than 8 years since the time I came to this country. Its very good. I often wear skirts to work, so I can manage for atleast 3 to 4 weeks with this wax. Usually one pack lasts for almost 4 times if you do both hands and legs. This kit comes with microwaveable wax, towelette and disposable wax strip (thick paper sheet).

kimberly14

I once went for a bikini wax, I had pretty much all of it off and it bloody killed!!

It was the worst pain i've ever gone thro', I screamed, I sweated and I nearly cried - I haven't given birth yet, after that I'm sure it'll be a walk in the park.

I now just shave down there, I find hair removing creams pretty useless and I end up shaving the bits it's missed anyway.

I paid around £10-15 but don't think I'd ever have it done again, it didn't seem worth it and grew back within a week.

cherylc

I did two sessions of ipl hair removal and there was some lightening after as well. there are many places that do underarm ipl hair removal... you can try musee platinum. i go to my doctor but it is more ex.

min_min_87

Hi all! I just went to sign for up musee platinum, underarm ipl hair removal, qoute cny promotion and it will be unlimited sessions for $138.. really glad there is no pushy sales at all.. never ask me to sign up for anything else.
happy.gif
and got referral program so refer 2 ppl got free 1 lower leg treatment.. anyway promo till feb 28th
happy.gif

senoritabella

If the ipl machine is powerful enough, there's really no need to have unlimited sessions for the same area. I have done abt 3 ipl sessions and now the hair grows very very slow and of course hair looks very fine too. I am only doing it once a month. It costs only $48 per session
happy.gif

meggie

senorita, looks like you have a gem hidden. i hope to achieve faster and better results for my hairy areas too.. *blush blush*.. can you tell me where you do ipl?

senoritabella

Hey Jaclyn and Annie

I've just sent the details to your email addys
happy.gif
Let me know if you don't get it so that I can resend it to you?
happy.gif

sparklelove

Is waxing really better? I epilate my legs and tweeze my underarm... so far i find epilate ok, the hair grow back not so rough and still quite fine. But i find tweezing very troublesome.. sometimes the small tiny ones that just grown out cannot be tweeze! So, I am actually considering to do IPL treatment... Anyone tried Bella's underarm IPL treatment before? Saw on their fb that they having a promo now.. Pls share with me how is the experience like! thanks many much! :)

truthwillreign

Hi Vic

I had mine done at a clinic by Dr Vanessa Phua.

think they call it BBL - super effective!

I did a comparison before with those of salon, etc. Honestly the price is similar but this medical grade one is effective
happy.gif
Until now, my armpit hasnt grown anymore hair, it used to be like jungle (genetics no choice).

I just received a notice from them - they are haivng a booth at Cozycot Gets Sensual this coming Sat...you can find out more then...cozycot giving out freebies!

im going with my gf!

modchicme

hey dears,

i epilate at times too but sometimes my hair breaks! so didn't get them out from the roots... after several occasions i decided to wax instead. Vic, if u want u can try pink parlour - their waxing's the best so far for me... you can also ask them about IPL, saw Dawn Yang's blog that she's also doing it at pink parlour.

all the best darl!

dodo_tay

I do leg waxing and pluck my armpit hairs .. but sometimes do feel that its really tiring to pluck armpit hairs .. is IPL expensive? is it safe?

modchicme

hi doreen, i have! for first timers, do look out for places that use only hard wax for their brazilian waxing (u can try pink parlour at orchard central, level 3 - highly recommended). this is becox the hard wax wont pull ur skin cosx it only sticks to ur hair. do try it! ull feel free n ull love it.
happy.gif