WATER HEATER brands

lyn6305

Hi Cat, i also dunno whether tat's a good deal...does the $160 includes installation? If dun need installation, dunno will be cheaper anot?

Me still looking for instant heater...Joven and Bennington are the 2 brands recommended one. Dunno good or not. Any one has use these 2 brands before...how are they?

cecilialim

instant heater already $160? then storage heater cheaper right? mine $220 with installation. will have hot water throughout... mine's Joven, first time buyer, haven't use yet.... house renovating now...

if 2 bathrooms 2 heaters $320.

cecilialim

instant heater already $160? then storage heater cheaper right? mine $220 with installation. will have hot water throughout... mine's Joven, first time buyer, haven't use yet.... house renovating now...

if 2 bathrooms 2 heaters $320.

slowwalker

Quoted same price at DAV & PohJoo.

But didnt get from "DAV" as "poh joo" manage to squeeze in for me @ 150eac (usually @ 160) after i brought abt 1k kitchen & toilet accessories from him. Plus was so tired after shop for few hrs..
so one stop at PohJoo save e travel.

Capacity not sure,Only know e model is 707 "Compact".

slowwalker

Attached an pix of 707 Compact.

328503.jpg

slowwalker

Not really big.
Very small and "compact"
happy.gif

U can goto IMM (Quoted me 210!!)or, DAV or Poh Joo to see e dummy set...
Actually almost every hardware store also carry it.

cecilialim

hi astrogirl, my whole house stainless steel piping costs $580... 3 hotpoints (2 for shower and one for MBR sink) $280... overall reno package got discount la, so not too ex... plus Joven storage heater 10 years warranty

cecilialim

the receipt only states JH25. think the is only one model for 25l Joven storage heater... actually i think instant heater no hot enough... these few days weather so cold and i have the habit to bathe beofre going to work, my current house uses instant heater, and i'm basically shivering even though i used the hottest...

cecilialim

cheapest quote i got one hot water piping is $120 for 3 hot points... they have to connect the piping from your heater to the location of the tap, so pipe along expensive. mine is stainless steel, so even worse...

avalyn

Hi anyone heard of E'Spa storage tank? we were recommended by the shop to buy this over Ariston, but never heard of this before ... supposed to be US brand. Anyone???

lyn6305

Hi all,

I bought my instant heaters last friday. When i reached my new place, then i checked the box. Then I realise that the box only have 1 hose for the shower head.

Is it common for all other instant heaters to come with only 1 hose for the shower head only? Then we have to buy an extra hoses for the inlet to the heaters?

rain_drops

Ava,I heard of this brand before.My colleague bought it.In fact she wanted to sell coz it doesn't suit the colour theme of her kitchen

prince

i have also got this 707 compact heater and i got it for $155 when buying this and another 2 taps.
Got it from Chuan heng at jalan besar,
Think there are 3 good shops at jalan besar area if you need.
In no terms of ranking.
1)Poh Joo
2) Eng soon huat
3) Chuan Heng

Chuan heng and esh are just beside each other.
both have 3 shops each

chancks

I stay in a HDB, have two bathrooms/toilets, one of which has a bathtub. For those who have the same in their HDB flats, can you advise what capacity of storage tank heater I should be buying? 30 litres? 35 litres? 40 litres?

Can you also share the brand that you're using, the power rating (1500W? 3000W?), and how long it takes to heat up the water before you can fill the bathtub? Any recommendations? Thanks so much!!!

nakedtoes

i also got bathtub... and i dun think i will fill it and use so aften so i will get instant heater... i also dun like the hassle to go out to switch on/ off the storage... if u insist to get storage.. i believe 35l is good

kpo

previously i was using the ariston one (30L storage)..lasted me a good 10+years..only got spoilt recently (leaking). i replaced it with AO-Smith..so far ok, but too soon to tell if it's really good..though the warranty is for 10years too.

stressedl

I just bought another Ariston 30L storage heater as Im doing reno for bathrooms.The previous one (same brand) is almost 10 years old,not leaking but showing some signs of rust outside. Bought at $220 from Poh Joo.Hoe Kee is selling for $250. I reckon for only 22 dollars per year it is a good deal so I will stick to Ariston. The design is compact as well.

aprilgal

Hi VL,
we're going to buy Ariston 30L storage heater also. got quotation at $230+5%.
May i know where is Poh Joo located? $220 nett?

What else Poh Joo sell? toilet accessories also?

thanks in advance!

stressedl

Hi aprilgal,
Poh Joo is at 159,Jalan Besar(opp Jln Berseh Hawker Centre).There is another branch opp Lavender Food Square.I bought at the 159 branch.Do look for Benjamin hp:98502821.He is extremely affable n friendly.Gave me discounts before I asked. Poh Joo sell all sorts of sanitary wares and toilet accessories.I bought taps n basins from him other than the Ariston heater.FOC delivery and nett price(no adding of GST)Do go there and have a look.

stressedl

Eh, how come benjamin wont sell u for $220? I told him dat pple bought for $215-$220. Maybe I got at dat price as I was buying other stuff from him. You have to say your friend bought at $220 lah.Only last week.

devilz

I went to Poh Joo at jalan besar to purchase my Joven 35L heater. Then I ask them is it possible to deliver to my place? then the boss said sarcastically " Hah? U only purchase heater only? see whether we are on the way or not, PLEASE make full payment, NO DEPOSIT!" ... The price there is cheap but then I would be willingly pay for the delivery charge if they ask. The price there indeed is cheap ... but I will not go there anymore ...
happy.gif

iceblue27

hi ppl,

i heard tt joven heater is now frm m'sia true?

any1 heard of hotwave? i got a 15l $200.

seems joven much cheaper

starmed

hi astrogirl
I'm currently using perla storage heater.. perla is actually a subsidary of ariston.. same company but diff names... the specs for Perla heater is exactly the same as ariston one.. so far so good..used for a year liao..
happy.gif

acid

hi,

wonder is aerogaz brand good? any review or comments? its currently having sales at imm.
comes with 5 years warranty, free delivery and free installation (id easily save $200 for 2x instant heater installation labour charges).
The below model cost $129 (comes with freehand shower head and holder/stand)

389362.jpg

acid

paiseh ;p its $179 for this model.
but when you buy the hood and hob, they can sell at half price without installation

ekardo

My house is using Ariston for over 20years....of course, changed 1 times before.

but both unit also have the Rust issue, and the flooring is spoilt by the rust...
sad.gif

jadz

Hi I got a Ariston 30L storage heater to let go. Anyone interested can PM me. It's brand new, selling becos I'm changing to instant heaters due to my toilet layout.
512182.jpg

cjs

Does anyone has the experience of this kind of instant heater? Looks slim and trendy.. but not sure practical or not. Or should I stick to the OLD brand 707. Does anyone knows the market pricing for the 707 Compact series?
547893.jpg

puffykel

Anyone heard of Rega brand. I bought it from CHongYing but I cant find webby on that brand.
SHould have done research. *sob*

lyn6305

Hi CJS, wat is the brand of floral pink heater? Looks v sweet...

Hi Kel, I think i heard of Rega...made in UK, rite?