WATER HEATER brands

ada

Hi,

which brand of water heater would you recommend ?
Cornell, Ariston, Rinnai, or 707 ?

thanks!!

twosix

hi ada,

r u referring to water tank heater or just water heater?

if water tank heater, people always recommend Ariston 15l tank. I am installing it in my new flat and I also see many people using it.

If water heater, my current home is using Techogas brand. I like it cos' the water can be hot if I want it to be.

W

wildiris

i bought a cornell one too, made of acrylic, supposedly as good as copper. new material. don't get plastic kind. check for water pressure and warranty for whichever brand you buying.

W

wildiris

yup, prime and rega, and another brand, all the same parts, only outside chop with diff logo. that's what the heater person said.

orchid

Any comments on digital water heater? are they good? do they breakdown easily compared to the normal knob controls?

I saw a pretty cool instant water heater by Cornell - digital type, can set the desired temperature. $155 only. Previously $280. can buy?

K

kk

For those who bought the cornell heater, how much did u all spend? I can't remember what material mine is made of. I bought at Sim Siang Choon at $135.

Orchid, i saw the digital one at Sim Siang Choon too. But sometimes i dun really trust digital ones (although i am an engineer.. haaaa) so i chose a more "manual" one.

R

recommend

for cheap and good water heater, try the brand 'prime'. I got mine from IMM and cost me around $70. Heard that this brand is a very very old brand.

greenhorn

heard of joven? it is md in UK, thot it was one of gd brands too..any comments? the mini size one that i like cost $120 each, expensive?

alex

Hi all,

Those interested in 707 instant heater, there is only one that is manufactur and assemble in England. That is 707-Kingston. the rest assemble locally.

orchid

ya i know that already. but the kingston ones have ugly designs! hehehe.. very boxy. i bought the 707-compact. Nice curvy & slim. works well! cost me $180.

Y

yi

Hi gals,

i bought my cornell brand heater at S$130 each at sim siang choon at imm!

been working well for more than half a year liao!

nice design as compared to 707 ones!
happy.gif

angie

Hi all

My friends selling water heaters. He said any heater from UK are good, especially redding.

Angie

flowee

gers

anyone usin instant heater by the brand SPA???
was recommended 2 get this brand...
its made in UK...

B

banet

recently I bought Cornell model: HSB-2M water heater on sale at $99 from Harvey Norman. Stupid thing is leaking water since the first time it's ON when my contractor fixed it up for me. I wonder how it ever pass the "QC test". Made in Malaysia.

I'm calling up the service hotline. No wonder when I was paying, Harvey Norman offer me to topup $16 for extended wrrty, where I can get 1-1 exchange.

banet

K

kk

I heard that things on sale at Harvey Norman are sometimes second hand goods, or goods that are defective and been repaired before. So wonder whether that is the case.

twosix

Things at Harvey Norman is not cheap.

Try Jln Besar if looking for taps, sinks, hobs, hoods and water heaters.

It's definitely cheaper there. But check out the various shops there first before buying.

K

kk

banet,

my cornell heater is working fine
happy.gif

i bought it from sim siang choon the other time.

B

banet

update: the serviceman came promptly after I called them and he dismantled everything back, leaving the back panel still on the wall.

banet

bubbletea

hi!

i've bought a ariston 15ltr storage heater but was told by my contractor that i actually need two heater for my new flat, cause its a new premium flat & all the piping already done unless i want to do something to the piping. i'm quite confuse, anyone of you encounter the same situation?

forgetmenot

Hi bubbletea,

My case is the same as yours. I bought 2 ariston heaters to put in each bathroom.

I think that 15l is too small to use for 2 bathrms,the litres is oni just nice to use in one bathrm.

ordos

if HDB did not have such stupid waterpipes layout, a 30litres storage heater would have been enough for the whole house.
but certain house, including mine, need to have 2 separate heater at 2 bathroom

forgetmenot

ya lor..i agreed...n the funni part is tt there is no hot piping in the kitchen...

i mean if pple really wan to hve storage heater,they would wan kitchen to hve hot water too cos will definitely use it to wash greasy plates....

but the design now is tt hve to get 2 storage heaters to put in each bathrms n cant hve hot water in the kitchen..

of cos if wan to hve hot water in kitchen oso can but hve to redo the piping,but there will be ugly pipes running all over the hse instead of being hidden liao....

meowie

Hi,
Anyone used by the brand "Regent"? The person told me its energy saving and give warrantee rather than gurantee. Any comments please??

baby5556

Hi, bubbletea..i also having a storage heater,,my contractor did to the piping...becos my heater was installed in the common toilet and we using copper piping in our 2 toilets...for runing of piping..its best to ask contractors for suggestions, as my piping was runing from the kitchen hidden and thru wall to wall

astros

i just bought a ariston 30l. can link up both bathroom. was told if buy 15l, can only use one heater at a time.

vine

hi,

i bought gainsborough, it's all made and assemble in uk. there's even a sticker stick on the heater to show it's all made in uk, so far so good lor...

sherlin

just wanna confirm...using a water heater tank, is it using gas or electricity? Which one would be better coz like my parents' hse, there is no water heater tank.

wenn

Normally, it runs on electricity. For gas water heater tank, can get it free from City Gas. But I ain't sure whether the offer is still on or not.

We are using electrical 1 from Ariston
happy.gif

tarea

Hi all, I am using water heater tank all long. I personally prefer stainless steel type, cause previous heaters ofen break down after 3-4 years. Stainless steel last longer. But not many in market.

lyn6305

Hi all,

Does it means tat in order for storage heater to b used, contractor has to install extra piping so as to pump water to the 2 toilets and kitchen as well?

Me abit confused liao....
kao_confused.gif

redtail81

for storage heater unless ur house have built in cold and hot pipings, you will requires to have extra piping for the hot water from the storage tank to both your toilets or wat ever places u wan in your hse, even kitchen sink
happy.gif

same theory applies for gas heaters from CityGas

lyn6305

Hi all,

Ever heard of this brand Elmark (instant water heater)? A salesperson recommended me this as this brand is from UK.

adelinekhoo

Sorry to interrupt, i'm looking for instant water heater for my bedroom. any good and reasonable brand to recommend? then how abt the installation?

lyn6305

Hi JM9, i tot i heard Elmark b4 too but just cant recall where and wat are the remarks abt this brand. But this brand has 8 yrs warranty and also cover leakage of water. So should be not bad.

Hi Adel, me considering either 707 or Elmark for my new home. My family has been using 707 and i find this brand quite reliable. But now 707 is assemble in msia...last time is in UK. Elmark still assemble in UK.

jm9

Hi Lyn and Adel

I'd like to recommend Perla. Not sure where it is made but I've been using it for many years. It heats up water really fast and has a slim and simple design.

motherhen

Hi, Mine is Rheem Brand, made in Mexico. Is this brand reliable. I'm not sure as It was left behind from the previous owner. Did anyone facing problem when don't turn on the water heater for long time. Mine problem the water in the water tank will over flow. My husband said is very common for centralised water heater. Is it true? Adviced need.

starmed

lyn
Perla is actually under Ariston... I'm using Perla storage heater too..basically, the specifications of Perla is the exactly the same as Ariston...same company...
happy.gif
BUT it's cheaper than Ariston... got mine at Sim Siang Choon.

hello88

I used to be using 707 instant heater but recently got Champs recommended by my friend. its cheaper than 707. So far so good. Anyway, i only bathe and get out of the bathroom so just need to turn on and off the instant heater within sometimes 5 minutes..it depends on how fast I get out of the bathroom.

lyn6305

Hi Starstar, u know how much is Perla Instant heater? We only hv cold water pipe at our home.

Hi Sunnyday, how much u paid for the Champs instant heater?

So many choices...dunno which one to choose

starmed

lyn
pai seh I cna't help ya cos that time when I looked ard, I only take note of the storage heaters price...instant one not sure but I guess it'll definitely lesser than $180(amt I paid for my 30L storage heater.

lyn6305

Hi starstar, not to worry. I think storage heaters like pay lesser than instant heaters...we are buying 2 instant heaters and altogether will cost ard $300. But 1 storage heater on avg is ard $200+ lor...but we dun hv a choice as my home dun hv hot/cold pipes.