WASHING MACHINE-which brand is good?

hotsnow

Thanks twt,

I agree with you you say, I have tried asking them the 2 HN outlets for warranty discount but they didnt give me any.

However I wont be giving the reviews so soon as the condenser dryer new stocks will only ship in to SG on the 26th Aug. Hence I have arranged the washer to deliver on the same day as the dryer which is on 28th... I needed dryer very badly.....

Will let you all know as soon as i got it. Keep in touch!!

steventay

hotsnow,

you mean you paid the HM price for the washer and add 15% discount for safety 5 ?

the HM price for the washer already cost more than GAB..

so the EXPO HM price is it the same as HM store show price.

hotsnow

Steven&Huijian,

The EXPO HN price is CHEAPER than the normal HN outlets, If you want BOSCH or ELECTROLUX washer, Hurry go there. NO BRANDT booth there so whoever want BRANDT washer pls dun go....

I was being served by the BSH representative, not HN sales guy. So if have any doubts, questions can them directly. I believe the ELECTROLUX also have their representative there to help out at the washer booth ba.

The prices I stated out are all for WAE 20260SG While I bought WAE 24460AU - 200rpm more, bigger led screen. The point is not the extra speed nor the screen.

I bought the higher model because $ of WAE 24460AU is =< than $ of WAE 20260SG. Which I tot is worth it. Current HN outlets are selling WAE 24460AU at $1399, I saw it on their computer screen. The rest of electrical shops, I didnt ask.

hotsnow

At HN (Jurong pt), I was asking for WAE 20260SG and how much she can offer together with the BOSCH condenser dryer.

She went into their system, check dryer price first then washer. After calculation, she told me WAE 20260SG increase price le, to $1399 but she can offer me at $1149.

But I saw her screen, it was staying at WAE 24460 model! Well i just kept quiet and told her I will consider first. I am not really keen to deal with dishonest sale ppl.

hotsnow

Oh ya Yes, I was given 15% discount for the extended warranty. (Actually I pushed it.) But I wanted to push for more but after my half day, rushed home and go EXPO there, I very tired le..

hotsnow

So you only want Thomson washer? I find Thomson washer's top load kind of inconvenient. (personal view) Probably I m quite used to see the clothes washing.

steventay

just asking

for the brandt premium front load 8kg the door handle is on the left side unlike other washer..
so door opening is on the right side... if i place the washer near to the right side on the wall.. which mean the door can only open 90 degree..

if place the front load washer in the middle of the washing machine base the right side still have around 20mm for the door to open, will it not look nice?

below is my SY picture

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/805/imag0332ye6.jpg

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/5992/imag0333gm2.jpg

steventay

hseinmess

i'm about to purchase EDC-67150 (7kg Condenser Dryer) and EWF1090 (8kg Washer) from HL for $2100. Best Denki salesguy told me AG ion cause cancer. showed me a chinese newspaper cutout. LOL! so i guess EWF1098 is out. Any advise or comments on these 2 machines?

My dryer broke down yesterday so desperately need to replace it. And i hate my current Bosch maxx 1000! So replacing both machines now.

Btw is LG washer/dryer good?

Thanks
happy.gif

hks_swift

HUH??? Best Denki people told u that??? They muz be JOKING!! Try to get the sales person name n complain it directly to BEST DENKI head office. If AG+ will causes CANCER i believe SAMSUNG or ELECTROLUX won't be so STUPID to came out with this function. Btw If u realli wan good price u can try HN Jurong Point, i got my washer there by a sales guy. Good price n good service. Btw For me i wun buy EWF-1090, iwould rather spend the $$$ on new model EWF-1098 coz function wise is the same oni EWF-1098 which got AG+. Price wise not much different. If u wan the saleguy name u can PM or email me to get it.

hks_swift

Hi tan... LG washer Dryer quite ok loh. Is juz that got oni HOT wash n no COLD wash. Somemore not advise to get 2 in 1 washer n dryer coz if u using the dryer wise, is not 100% dry. U still need to hang, might as well u juz buy washer. Lastly 2 in 1, 1 spoilt all spoilt. Dun waste yr $$$ on those 2 in 1.

zenfield

Hi ,

Any one can give some advise to me ?

I looking for 6.5 - 7kg washing machine.i need a very cheap washing machine.

Here is my choice.( all the below 3 is the same price )

1)Daewoo 7kg with 5 year motor and part waranty.Also got the Ag+ technology.

Is this brand good compare with LG and Samsung.

2) Samsung diamond drum 6.5kg. ( 5 year motor and 1 year part warranty ).

3) LG not sure the model but is 6.5kg.( 1 year part and motor warranty)

Thanks.

henrywoo1978

Yes I will agree with SwiftZC21 to go for 1098 rather than 1090. Anyway will not go wrong with either one as I am currently using 1090.

Cheers

happylace

Directing and acting show... You live up to the limitation of salesmanship. Low end skills...try selling tissue first or at least watch more Steven Spielberg movies.

ridhwan82

well so far not much research done on paper that really takes about the real use of AGion and also its long term use effect.

Just my thought yeah..i would think that is there not a real need to wash until such extent that clothes are bacteria free etc. such a clinical environment may actually cause more harm.,

There was this paper that mentioned (i must find back that paper) that between children exposed to dirt and grim like sand, earth, to some extent rain and dust, their immune system is stronger and less likely to suffer from asthma rather than those coming from super clean clinical anti bac sorta backgroud where everything is dettol here and there and everywhere.. the immune system is apparent not too resilient to last the child thru any major infection and more likey to suffer from asthma.

which even if i cannot find the article i would still believe as your immune system is only developed through exposure to strains. as in the case of vaccination where strains that have been deactivated are injected into the body to mimic an exposure to build anti bodies. so yeah.

cheers

ridhwan82

here is one of the excerpts okie...

Dr. P's Pediatric Journal Club

The study
These Dutch researchers measured levels of dust and bacterial and fungal toxins (potential "allergens") on the living room floors of 700 three-year-olds with allergic moms.

They classified exposure to these allergens as low, moderate, or high.
They then followed the kids for 4 years, looking for the development of doctor-diagnosed asthma and allergies.

What the study found

Children with high exposure to dust and mold at 3 months were significantly less likely to have developed persistent wheezing by four years of age.
Children with high exposure at 3 months were less likely to wheeze occasionally, but this outcome was not as pronounced (and not statistically significant).
Children with high exposure at 3 months had lower allergic antibodies (IgE) to one of the fungi.

Dr. P comments.
Why do farmers' kids have fewer allergies and asthma? Why has the prevalence of allergies and asthma increased, even as we conquer ever more infectious diseases? This study adds to the mounting evidence that the exposure early in life to a very clean environment (low on dust and various bacterial and fungal toxins) may play a role.

Here's the theory: The newborn immune system is tolerant and non-allergic to most anything (which is why it sometimes does such a lousy job of fighting off infection). When it is exposed to the usual allergy-causing antigens (such as dust and mold and dogs and cats), the immune system and allergens become lifelong buddies: a long-lasting acceptance and tolerance between them develops.

On the other hand, when an allergy-prone infant is raised in a very clean - almost sterile - environment, the immune system remains unfamiliar with these allergens. Then, when exposed later on, it reacts to them as it would to any alien invader, triggering allergies and/or asthma.

What does this mean?
Sloppy parents of the world stand tall! Your kids may have fewer allergies than will those of your hyper-sanitary peers!

Even if there is a family history of allergies and/or asthma, I think it's too early to actually recommend a little extra dust and mold in your baby's bedroom. But I do hope this information will help parents to overcome their messiness/germ phobia and free you to lighten up on obsessively trying to 'sterilize' your infant's world from all germs and dirt and crud.

Hey, life is messy. This study suggests that maybe that's not such a bad thing after all!

A caveat from Dr. P: It may be true that early exposure to mold and dust and cats, for example, will prevent allergies to them later on (in an already susceptible child). However, once that allergy has been established, the horse is out of the barn: cleanliness and even catlessness, etc. are then very important to prevent significant symptoms.

milo

hi, i'm looking for a 7.5kg topload washer, which is best &amp; cheap? My old machine is not spinning as dry as before, dont't know whether to repair or buy new ones. Kindly help me.

ridhwan82

well typically best and cheap doenst come together that quite easily.

Rather reliable machine for 7.5kg topload would be fisher paykel i would say.

typically the cost of repair for asian toploaders can get pretty expensive sometiems costing as much as half the original price so yeah.

zenfield

Hi ,

Any one can give some advise to me ?

I looking for 6.5 - 7kg washing machine.i need a very cheap washing machine.

Here is my choice.( all the below 3 is the same price )

1)Daewoo DWF-802W 7kg with 5 year motor and part waranty.Also got the Ag+ technology.

Is this brand good compare with LG and Samsung.

2) Samsung diamond drum WA85V3 6.5kg. ( 5 year motor and 1 year part warranty ).

3) LG not sure the model but is 6.5kg.( 1 year part and motor warranty)

Please help i going to buy on this weekend.Hope the expert here can help.

Thanks.

hotsnow

Hi all,

I did my FIRST washing on my BOSCH washer -WAE24460AU and drying (forgot the dryer's model).

WAE24460AU is very user-friendly (can adjust any pre set settings) and quiet (for 1200rpm)if use 1000rpm, even better cos i hardly hear anything. My old ARISTON used to have screeching sound when its spins as if there is fighter jet started flying in the kitchen. I think my previous ARISTON is only 800rpm OR 900rpm. I washed my dirty sofa covers (cotton stains + pre wash)and bedsheets (easy care function) and it does its job VERY well.

In short, It is user- friendly, quiet, reasonable washing time and clean.

Its not very long washing time too. I used 'easy care' setting, its just 55min. Haven try its 'mixed load' function yet. it states 50 min. I will try it next time

Dryer wise, its very easy to maintain condenser dryer. and drys well. Its lucky I bought 8kg one cos have more space for clothes to move in. Best of all, its very fast- like 30min drying (est time)

I remember when I use air vented dryer, i always have to wait like 2 hrs or more for it to dry. But now no more waiting. Maybe 1000 rpm speed does help abit or alot. Well, less drying time means less $$ to pay. Hehe!

catcat2020

anyone bought Bosch 18160SG model? the salesman said it's a new model released this year and replacing 18060. I'm currently choosing among the 4 models below.

1. Bosch 18160SG
2. Brandt EFH 1018A
3. Electrolux 984/1084
4. Whirlpool 7kg front-loader.

hks_swift

Hi apple.. samsung washer is OUT of the question. Coz the machine looked so fagile n when doing washing the machine so noisy. If u realli going for a budget washing machines u can try LG instead of Samsung. If u realli wan good brands, can try either BOSCH or Electrolux. Miele is too high end.

ski

I am looking for a washing machine with temp control. I don't mind a front load one but my previous experience tells me that the door rubber seal and the door switch always got problem. Because of the rubber seal problem, water leakage occured. And because of the door switch problem, the machine can't operate.

I have used a 10kg top load for 5 years now and no problem with it at all. But it doesn't come with temp control and that's why I am looking to change one.

Anyone knows of a 8-10kg top load washing machine with temp control? Thanks.

cmlee

Just ordered the Electrolux EWF-1084 from the recent HN Expo Sales. $899 with 2nd &amp; 3rd year extended warranty by HN. Hope I didn't make a wrong choice.

jetfree

Any review/opinions on these washers? Make, efficiency, water consumption, price, performance?
Ariston Washers AQXL95 &amp; AQXL109
Turbo TW812
Brandt WFK1018A

babyk

I have a TUrbo TWD6812 (washer cum dryer) though when I was out shopping for a replacement, I was contemplating between my current model &amp; TW812 (because of the latter has hand wash function &amp; it's A+ energy efficiency). Ended up with the 2-in-1 because my previous Turbo 2-in-1 served me well for about 8 years, so sticking to it despite a lot of negative comments on 2-in-1...Like to have the dryer on standby for rainy seasons.

Have used this new model for about 5-6 mths, so far very happy with it.

I like the timer thingy which I can set the machine to finish washing before I come back from work.

pretz

WF 7121

- Washing Capacity : 7 kg
- Spin Speed : Up to 1200 rpm
- Electronic with LED
- Big Door 30cm Porthole: 180o Opening
- 30 Min Quick Wash
- Anti Creasing
- Spin Speed Selection
- Rinse Hold Function
- Child-Lock Option
- Energy &amp; Washing Rating AA
- Colour : White
- Dimension : W600 x H850 x D590 mm

Anyone has any comment or experience using EF front load washing machine. Thanks

cmlee

My contractor going to drill a hole on the wall from the kitchen where my washer will be installed, for the washer's drainage. Can anyone advice me how high show the drainage point should be? Does it matters in the first place?

steventay

Yesterday i saw the Miele honeycomb washing machine and Miele honeycomb condenser dryer. both 6kg. promo package at Plaza Singapore Best Denki at $3888

starssy

Yes can see the miele threads for the picture.I posted them there. Very value for money,divided by 2,u only pay less than 2k each for a miele honeycomb washer and honeycomb condensor dryer.My most expensive,N MOST VALUE FOR MONEY buy of the yr!Grab it!

missyserene

hello..does anyone use Toshiba washing machine? There is no mention by anyone..reading their brochure makes me very interested in it but i need feedback from users how is it...

please help!! moving in a couple of weeks soon...need to get it fast.

princessminnie

HI, is here anyone needs brand new Electrolux EWF 1090 washing machine, rinnai gas dryer and electrolux fridge? All brand new and come with the new house. I have not moved into my new house yet. Anyone intend to buy please email me at "[email protected]". have a nice day.

aeina

I ve a panasonic washing machine and I hate it. Clothes i washed always turn out with a layer of dirt on part of it, and I ve to wash it for 2nd times. Jus washed my bedsheet... this time, it is even worse. A huge part of bedsheet with dirt on it. So angry cos I handwash my bedsheet with hot water before i washed them in washing machine.

starssy

Serene,I saw the model u mentioned is 2-in-1 made in japan,around 2yrs back!I like the look then,but its discontinued after coming out in the market for a few mths,last I heard.Now is being replaced by an identical washer,but made in china I think,around $1.2k.The design is gd for not bending down,but the features all plastic,is just like half front load,half top load.I rather u buy continental brand for front load.For top load,the problem will b like aeina"s panasonic.I think is the mold or detergent residue get stuck in the drum holes for 2 long,n because of the plastic parts i think. Top loaders always got this problem.

zhanglilian

Hihi, does anyone know when GAB quote a price over the phone...and on the delivery day...we will just pay the delivery man whatever is quoted over the phone rite? No extra charges for delivery hor? How about installation? Is it included as well?

winterglee

anyone can recommend me bosch washer about $800?

i looked through the website and there's so many models:
1)WAS24441ME
2)WAS32791ME
3)WAS28441ME
4)WAE24460AU

Any expert can share with me which are germany made and whats the difference or which is a better choice? thanks alot!