Villa bali

keiki

i read somewhere about this place somewhere in alexendra road, heard it's like a mini bali... anyone been there before? or heard of someone who held banquet there before?

jez

hiya, keiki

itz called The VILLA BALI (fairly new - mayb oni 2-3mths ol')
address: 9A Lock Road
t. 6473 6763
setup wise is like mini bali but itz more of a wine bar than a proper dining place - to chill out perhaps

hope the above helps...

cheerios...!!!

keiki

hi jez! tks for your reply, almst forgot about this thread and when i saw it today, realised u replied! tks! haf u been there? what do you think about it?

chatterbox

hi jez,

Is there any landmark around it?
BTW, do they serve meal (dinner)?
If yes, what kind of food they serve?

Thanks
happy.gif

rhino

Hi chatterbox... place too small for banquet.... buffet less than 100 oso might be bit tight... outside caterer allowed if u rent their venue.

Behind SAJC opp PSA building...
happy.gif

coyote

Its Villafrangipani. I will be holding my AD there in Jan05. Anyone holding urs there too? Pls share your experience. Thanks ;)

babu

hi tiania,
got ur email just now.. u want my engagement fotos that held in villa bali, or wedding fotos in beaufort??
Engagement fotos abit troublesome, cos cos to scan...

zenith

hi babu! u're here! wah! u veri famous hor? ppl know where u hold yr wedding & engagement. jus like those celebrity. haha!

zenith

hi gals, i'll be having my ad & rom in little bali next yr. anyone else holding here too?

hi babu, are u angry with me? i jus joking only leh.

lux

Hi Zen.. me having my ROM there this year!

A pity i cant have the AD there together! *sigh*

babu

hi zeith,
no la, why angry?? silly gal.. i missed this post la..kekeke.. next time wanna to find me hor, i am at clubber thread.. anybody does that..kekekeke..

ya lor, i oso don know why ppls know, i guess it becos i did chat with someone in this forum b4 la..

how's every thing liao?? u need help bor??
269627.gif

babu

hi ceceli,
sorry i can't send now, cos i got to scan e fotos first...not like my wedding fotos got CD..i will try to scan this evening ya..
269812.gif

zenith

hi babu!
thanx for offering yr help. now i pestering fh to quickly ask his mum to fix a date. u know lah, she says june not good to get married mah so i ask him to ask her when is best. how u choose yr date huh? any shifu to recommend? cos i wan to get david loh to be my jp & it seems that brides in 2006 are already booking him. so i very gan jiong. scared cannot get him. i think i'll hv lots of questions to ask u in the next few mths. remember to show me yr pix at little bali once u scan!

hi ling!
when's yr ROM? u liaise wif wendy is it? which caterer are u getting? only can use theirs rite? can tell me more? so sorry for asking so many questions.

lux

Hi Zen..

Having on national day heh heh.. Wendy is co-ordinating but we arent particular picky.. I went down once at night.. and FH went in the afternoon a week later and he come back to tell me it is beautiful in the afternoon still! So I thought wow.. let's do it there! So I correspond with wendy via email to finalize the menu and stuff and we are done. we tried to keep it minimum fuss so wendy give me the choice of which pavilion to choose from but she say can change towards nearer the time of the event.

Caterer need to use their selected ones and we took patara (thai) to go with the ambience. We're expecting to spent at least 1.6k plus free flow drinks and because we want to open wine for the evening event.. we expecting 1.6 to go up.. Guests is approx 35+3

I was actually planning to do it at Flutes at the fort. Love the dinner there but it was pricey and the co-ordinater towards the end was giving me a lot 'can and cannot'

Hope the above is helpful!!

zenith

hi ling,
thanx for yr reply. ya, i must agree the place is really beautiful. but as we're having our rom cum ad there with a guest list of abt 60+, i'm hoping to get a caterer which provides better food. their list of caterer doesn't seem too fantastic though. moreover they only hv a fixed menu that we can choose frm. did u get to select yr own food or jus follow their menu?

lux

Hi Zen,

I think Purple Sage and Patara is not bad personally. I just choose the menu which I thought would be special and is not really pricy I think.I am not sure if this Patara is the one that they have at Tanglin Mall.. That restaurant is actually not too bad. I have a list of the carterers with different menu did you received it from Wendy?

Purple Sage I would reckon is rather class as well as a caterer. I am sure you can get Wendy to let you contact the caterer directly to change the menu and the works.

I tried to ask Wendy if we can get our own caterer but according to her that is not possible.

zenith

i've received it frm wendy but din really like the menu. maybe i'll contact the caterer direct once i confirm everything. cos my ad is actually next june, & they can't really let me confirm the venue yet. i'm still waiting for the reply frm wendy cos think she needs to check with the management 1st for next yr booking.

ebell

Zen: I am considering booking little Bali for my AD but booking for next yr not open so cant cfm. Also abit worried, read up thread on Purple Sage, v negative feedback.Going to write to Wendy and ask her if anythin can be done.

ebell

Zen : Next March.

How ur menu thingy? I went to outdoor wed today and spoke to the purple ppl and told them abt the negative comments on them, didn't get much assurance, mabe jus goto take the chance

zenith

hi ceceli,
r u having yr AD there as well?

hi ebell,
u mean the purple dage ppl didn't day that it won;t happen next time? aren't they going to improve their svs?

zenith

yup, i'm panning to hv my AD there next yr. how much do u hv to pay for yr PS to be shot there? i also thot of having my PS there.

ebell

Ling: No leh. Got ar ? tot it has to be purple Sage only and something else, cant rem what.

Zen: Maybe they didn't know abt the comments on the thread. But they really look gd soo...confuse confuse...

zenith

chocolate fountain? wats that? sounds nice leh. i'm a chocolate lover.

hi gals,
do u know that little bali is changing coordinator again? this is going to be the third coordinator i'm liaising wif.

ebell

Zen: ur tried the choco fountain at Fullerton, similar, a choco fountain and servings of fruits , abt 800+ for 60 pax.

yap, soo sad, Wendy left...now coordinator is a guy, dunno y somehow when come to wedding stuff I prefer women leh...

zenith

hi little ger & cecelia,

wah! both yr photographers r one of the best in town! must be veri ex! how's yr ps at little bali? share with pics can?

ebell,
i so sian when i learnt that they changing coordinator again. dunno when then i can book for my wedding next yr. i'm so worried that i'll not hv a place for my wedding next yr.

ebell

Zen: KNow what u mean...but wendy did say that by JUne will be able to view the new area and probably the booking as well. Y dun u write staright to the owner? She told me to do that. I may not wan Bali liao cos ding dong ding dong v uncertain...looking at boi

zenith

hi ebell, u choosing another place? i dun hv the email address of the owner leh. do u hv it? i'm still waiting for them to let me know when the new area is ready & when they're going to let me place my booking. i wait until neck long long liao.

zenith

hi ling & ebell,
r u still ard in this thread? wan to check with you whether u're wearing a WG & a EG for yr wedding at little bali. cos now i considering whether to wear or not. it seems that buying a set of resort wear is more appropriate for little bali. but it's a once in a life thing to wear a WG & EG leh. very confused now...

ebell

Zen: My fren got married there, she wore a WG, He wore a suit but casual and light color. For me I think both lor, once a lifetime mah and I intend to do it in the evening.

Maybe they not keen to rent their place that's y soo draggy. Maybe cos place v popular now and oso heard with the new area, they may up the price, dunno true or not. Problem is if keep waiting the last minute cannot then sian liao. I oso like hanging in the air. I may consider elsewhere, still thinking cos service v important to me. U met the new coordinator?