To design our own inv card or use hotel provided card?

aiyoyo

hotel provided card is presentable. but of course not as refreshing if we were to design our own. we were thinking of giving hotel cards to relatives. and our own cards to our own friends, colleagues, ex-classmates. but the only drawback is of course more $$$ spent.

faith

Hi aiyoyo

We selected cards outside those designs given by the hotel's printer and the printer gave us a deduction $0.50 per card from our printing bill (this is the amount allocated to the hotel card) thus we end up paying slightly less than $200 for 260 cards (without insert, we print on card). So you may want to check with the printer if they do deduct an amount if you are not using hotel's cards.

aiyoyo

So far, I've only checked with our hotel's printer -> T-Dragon. Our hotel provides 2 types of cards. But we're not going to use them. We chose another type from T-Dragon. There's no extra cost, but also no deduction.

Which printer do you go to?

We go to our hotel's printer becos we've got a voucher from the hotel for the printing, so not to waste it.

lisa

Hi i also used the cards provided by my hotel. my fiance liked the red design, though i found it a bit too red, i went along with it.

but i didn't use the printers recommended by the hotel as i managed to find a printer that charge me much much more cheaper.

faith

Hi aiyoyo

We went to the hotel's printer, Focal Ad. No voucher just that the card is foc and need to pay for printing of inserts if we use them.

mvp

Hi all,

The cards provided by my hotels are not veri nice, just passable though the oriental is well favoured by my parents but somehow I feel that normally pple dun really keep the cards. Just like myself, I dun keep my frenz wedding cards too so maybe just doing those economic printing shld be fine. Wld rather spend on other things cos wedding prep involves sooooo much money.

fishball

hi,
juz add my 2 cents worth. k?

I read somewhere that somehow the invite card sort of sets the mood of the wedding, especially those with a theme. If your card looks nice, it'll help add some classiness to your wedding (this in turns reflect on the ang bao amount too!
wink.gif
).

For example, if the invite looks crummy (like my hotel's invites), then the perception of the hotel is lowered, thus the expectations of your wedding is also lowered.

For me, I'll be making my own cards, as I really can bring myself to give my hotel's cards. And I've calculated, the cost of printing the inserts is around the same as making my own cards, but then, my cards will be much nicer, more personal and unique!

aiyoyo

hi fishball, do u design ur own cards? are u a designer? which printer u intend to go to? i've a headache abt selecting printer. not sure which one has the type of paper we want, not sure which one is the cheapest for printing. so far among the list i gathered are t-dragon, hi-tech, jasvy, acepro. but havent contacted them yet becos i havent come out with my card design!! alamak!

hi mvp, i agree normally i oso dun keep the cards and making own cards means more $$$ spent. but when i see pple making their own card, somehow i've a feeling tt the couple is v loving. they doing something special which they can rem for life. i mean it sounds a bit untrue and silly, but tt's just my own personal feeling. i like things to be done more personal as it signifies it's urs and nobody else's.

hi faith, any contact for focal ad? how's their price, quality, service like compared to others?

hi lisa, which is the printer u go to?

pls give me comments on t-dragon, hi-tech, jasvy, acepro. i think so far hi-tech is cheapest if i'm not wrong.

fishball

Hi aiyoyo,
me no designer lah. Juz modify some designs taken from the Net. I'm printing my own card, so not going to any printer.

Someone from my other thread highly recommends Acepro; their pricing v reasonable n gd qlty. I've seen gd comments abt T-Dragon and Hi Tech too. I think u can juz go n get their quotes 1st.
happy.gif

chloe

Hi aiyoyo

Invitation card just serves as a mean of notification. Me too, will not keep my friends' wedding invitation card even if the card is very nice. Like MVP, wld rather spend on other things. That's my personal thought.

swan

Hi fishball and aiyoyo,

I agree that an invitation card sets the mood of the wedding. When a person receives the card, one can also tell if effort was put into the card. I'm one person who keeps every wedding invitation I receive:p And I totally support the idea of having your own design 'cos it'll be unique and personal.

In fact, I made all of my invitation cards together with my hubby and everyone commented it was very nicely done and even said they will keep it. The cost was not very much at all when compared to going to the printers.

faith

Hi aiyoyo

Basically we were quite satisfied with Focal Ad. In terms of pricing & quality, not sure how is it compared to others cos we didnt go to others for quotation. We just wanted something simple and they happen to have what we wanted.

Just for your consideration: Ours come in the shape of those long envelopes, ivory card, no insert, printed on card itself, with our photo 5.5cm x 6.5cm in black & white together with the english wordings, we printed chinese wordings on the left and english on the right. Front has our names at the bottom right hand corner. For these, they quoted us $1.18 per piece (before lessing the $0.50). Oh, becos we missed out on the map during discussion, we decided to use their already printed ones on a thinner ivory paper and insert at the back of cards. They wanted to charge $50 for printing maps on card but we decide to save on that.

We wanted something we like but we also dont want to spend too much, it turned out that the above printing was just abt $20 more than if we use the hotel cards.

You can check with Gina from Focal Ad @ 67492262, maybe go down take a look at what they have.. they are located at Blk 3015 Ubi Road 1 #04-206. But do double check they address just in case.

mvp

Ya, I do agreed that if we can do a personalised wedding card of our own, that wld be sweeter and more personal touch. I do hv a colleague who draws cartoon couple and design his own cards for his wedding which I find it to looks realli cute and pretty. But it's a pity I can't draw well. If the cost of making own card is equivalent to cost of printing, then it's woth a try provided u hv the time to spare too.

fishball

oh yea... I forgot to add that I hv only 20-odd tables, so invites amt to arnd 100+ cards.

I oso advise that if u hv more than 30 tables, it'll be more practical to take the hotel's cards. Saves time n effort n abit savings over making own cards due to economies of scale in printing.

lisa

hi aiyoyo

i designed my own church invitation card in a postcard style with wordings in gold hotstamping. the papers and envelopes are provided by the printer & i got to choose from almost 100 samples. they are very good quality and about 250 gm.

i also did gold hotstamping directly onto the wedding dinner invitation cards. Print inserts are cheaper but i don't really like the idea as we have tight schedules & would rather focus on other issues of the wedding preparations.

altogether i printed 320 (church & dinner) cards, i paid less than $220.

the printer is called sunprint centre at 35 Kallang Pudding Road #08-08 Blk A Tong Lee Building (Blue Bldg) Tel 6841-4873

aiyoyo

hi all, thanks for the input.

i'm thinking whether is there any printer which has better quality of textured papers. to me, besides the design, the paper quality oso v. important. i dun like filmsy type. so u see lah... so fussy... how to expect cheap price???

faith

Hi aiyoyo

a 'crazy' tot just occurred to me.. maybe i can send u my card to take a look at its quality :p we left quite a bit :p

seiko

HI All
happy.gif

we printed cards ( personalised wif our coloured pix ) fr T dragon, n fr the sample card, am v happy wif their service n quality of cards
happy.gif

The cards ( pathetic 2 ) offered by my hotel looks Errrr?, so decided 2 spend a lil more juz 4 peace of mind *HEE*

Tdragon's Connie's service is ichiban
happy.gif
Im using my ROM pix as cover page cos my PS pix wasnt ready then
happy.gif

maro

Hi seiko,

How much does it cost you to print yr cards (personalised with yr pix). How many cards did u print? Can tell me more?

Thanks

elaine

Hi gals,

I also designed my own invitation card...if you like to take a look, just leave me your email.

I send the design to my regular/usual off-set printer...those printers tat print brochure, posters, advs...not those tat specialized in cards. Those tat have to have color-sep 1st then printing. The only thing is tat I design the size of the card according to my hotel envelope size, thus I only use the hotel's envelopes & the cards are by myself.

You can look up the the yellow pages for those kind of off-set printers.

Hope this helps
happy.gif

seiko

Hi Maro
happy.gif

My card costs $3 each... we printed 210 ( 70 % of total attendance )
happy.gif

But the colours T dragon offered were so vivid!
Hope the actual card is as gd as the sample card
happy.gif

SHd be hor? *hee*

elaine

Hi Babybear,

I've just email you
happy.gif

I paid $150 in total of 300 pcs including color-sep ($0.50 per card).

My printer gave me a discount coz I always give him business in using him the print other designs like brochure, leaflet, corporate ID...but my card is of 1 pantone color, so cheaper too.

Color-sep is actually casting of 4 films when 4 colors are being seperated. For mine I only used black film & added a color.

tigerlily

to save money, i say use the hotel card but make some variations to it - add a ribbon, print your own inserts on nice paper... etc. since it's complimentary, be creative what u can do with it. unless it's really ugly hot pink. ahaaahaha..

T

turq

we're like tigerlily... wld make do with hotel cards... nobody is going to keep them anyway so don't want to spend d extra..
happy.gif
cheapskate huh?

blur

Aiyoyo
have you tried The Wedding Gift Shop in Marina Square? Heard that they have new collection and promotion lately.

chicklet

Hi gals, email [email protected]. She did a fabulous, Tiffany-like card for me. I loved it at first sight and didn't change a single thing - just gave her the copy! She even advised me where to get envelopes if I wanted to chose them myself (I've a choice). Fantastic service. Check out the website at www.inkengineers.com.

I've a PDF of the card but it's too huge to upload here, but I'd be happy to email it to you. Just drop me a line at [email protected] or MSN me at [email protected]

stupeed

hey, my card designers also designed a Tiffany themed card on request of one of their brides....so nice leh! I think that bride is truly a fan even her card and envelopes had the Tiffany colour!