The West and The East issue

booboo1010

hi guys.. now the problem with my friend is that her bf not only wants her to stay East <font color="0000ff">and also to stay with her future-in-laws..</font>

Staying with her future-in-laws is totally unacceptable cos her bf's dad is a compulsive gambler.. she don't want her future to be facing the loansharks or her kids to be affected..
This is also another reason why she don't want to stay East. .

powder

i dun see a problem, why can't they breakup and just be frens? like tat they will be more willing to meet and i'm sure they will meet more often as frens.

powder

btw, breaking up is the easiest solution than the logistics, the housing and getting the father to stop gambling... so i'm not joking here, i mean it.

simpleman

we are talking about pak tor and/or staying near parents/pil.. we are not actually talking about working.

for working, if really that incovenient.. then think about changing job

simpleman

icey,

where exactly you worked? I am curious.

and the bus route?

for jurong to serangoon north.. if I drive.. during off-peak, max is 30 mins..

When I drive after midnight.. from boon lay to seng kang.. I took < 20 mins.. (a bit extreme I know as I speed most of the way)

simpleman

milo,

No.. but just illlustrating.. cos icey saying 45 mins from jurong to serangoon north at 11plus pm.. that is like taking almost twice as long as I would when I am travelling further to sengkang.

I am just curious what sort of bus route icey is taking or the route of the taxi..

But really we are not talking about going from work to home and vice versa.. more like parents/in-law house to own house.. so normally it shouldn't be during peak hrs

miloice

ha.... didn't see that part. At off peak, its really quite hard to drive for 45 mins. That...i i gotta agree unless the cab driver is the super slow kind of driver.

simpleman

talking about driving.. KPE becoming white elephant.. not much traffic.. can get from sengkang to town in 10 to 15 mins.. really fast.. even to jurong.. plus another 15 mins.. so quite good now to use KPE even at 70 km/hr

simpleman

doll,

at least now it is white elephant.. think they must re-think about the 70 km/hr limit.. quite ridiculous leh..

Sm,
Care to share how to drive from Sengkang to Jurong via KPE? Me at Sengkang, Bf at Jurong. Hope to find shorter route for him hehe.

All the cars on KPE look like toy cars to me yest. All are like 'crawling'!

sgbabydoll

Yes, 70km/hr is a bit too forward-looking...not necessary when there is little traffic now...

There are, I think, six ERP gantries along the whole stretch of KPE waiting to be of service to us leh. Paying for ERP quite OK but can bang wall if it's gonna be like CTE - pay and still gotta drive slowly.

simpleman

green,

Enter KPE (you know where), travel along TPE towards changi and first exit (same exit as lorong harus). Then you will hit KPE.

Travel the whole of KPE and you will enter ECP and from there AYE and Jurong..

simpleman

Ya there are a lot of ERP gantries.. but at the current traffic condition.. they won't charge.. think they must even pay people to use KPE