The Wedding Present

Discussion in 'Bridal Boutiques and Services' started by karen, Aug 17, 2000.

1. karen

karen New Member

My friend signed up with them and she was happy with The Wedding Present. She recommended me to check them out. I went and found them to be sincere and patient. They explained everything very clearly and encouraged me to try their gowns. I did - about 8-9 pieces!!! Each time I tried one gown, they explained what style is suitable for me and what is not. I thot that was good.

I want to visit Pure Bridal 1st before I make a decision. Unless Pure Bridal is even better, I kinda made up my mind to go with Wedding Present already.

Did anyone sign with Pure Bridal before? How is their service like?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2014

2. kate

kate New Member

My friend booked with pure bridal. she's quite happy with the service so far. Karen, if you want a package about 4k, pure bridal gives you off the rack but wedding present is made to measure. pure bridal doesn't give you any 'take-home' clothes so you might want to see your priorities.

3. karen

karen New Member

Kate,
    How much does Pure Bridal charge for made to measure? I am quite busty so I prefer not to take off the rack (as if I can!).

My budget is $4k including photography so if Pure Bridal is higher priced, then I think I will forget it. My hubby already warned me not to spend more :p

4. kate

kate New Member

karen, i think mtm is 4000+. not sure. mebbe near 5k. me too! im going for about 4k. if you find any do tell me :) so far dang & wedding present seem quite ok, about 4k or so and mtm.

5. karen

karen New Member

Kate,
    Just to let you know, I already signed up with Wedding Present (last Sat). Did not go to Pure Bridal since me and my hubby are already comfortable with WP. Am quite excited becoz my 1st appt is next month.

6. kate

kate New Member

Congrats karen!! tell me how it goes :) which photographer are you taking? when's your wedding??? :)

7. cindy_sim

cindy_sim Guest

Hi Kate,
    I am surprised to see a posting on Wedding Present. I just signed with them earlier this month - so far so good. I received my appt schedule (pleasantly surprised) so I know exactly what dates to block out for visits to the shop. Patrick is designing my gowns, so far he has been very friendly - my husband also feel comfortable with him.

Have you visited them yet? I like their shop best among all the bridal shops I visited.

8. karen

karen New Member

Hi Cindy!

I was also thrilled when I received the appt schedule from Wedding Present...didn't know that they planned everything so well ahead!

So..have u decided on your gown design? Have u seen those gowns with embroideries? I love them!! If u have seen the latest HerWorld, my dress will be something like the embroidered gown by Wedding Present featured in the mag. Tell me what u think abt it??!!

I read from HerWorld of a bridal show on 24 Sept...I think it's at Marina Mandarin. Are u going?

BTW which photographer did u decided on?

9. kate

kate New Member

Hi Cindy & Karen, I'm glad you're happy with your choice :) I'll be visiting them this sat to see if I can 'fit' their gowns etc... which photographer did you choose? I should be going to their fashion show. will you gals be there?!

10. josephine

josephine New Member

Cindy/Karen, how is service at Wedding Present? I like one of the gowns in Her World Brides (the flower embroidered gown). I called them and they seem friendly and willing to help (even on the phone).

Kate - i am also going to their fashion show. Have you got the tickets? They told me they have no tickets yet and will mail them to me. Anyway do tell me how their service is like - I only want to visit 2 bridal shops at most (shortlisted some already).

11. kate

kate New Member

jo, which ones have you shortlisted? yep the tix are not ready yet. are you talking about the blue mag? i haven't really scrutinized it yet heheh :) when's your big day?!?!?! :)))

12. josephine

josephine New Member

Hi Kate,
    I have so far shortlisted Dang, Wedding Present and Magaret Brides. Yep, I am talking about the new blue Her World Brides mag - i liked the flower embroidery (or lace I don't know really :) - must go see and find out). Getting married in May-00; have shortlisted Marriot and Regent for the dinner venue.

What about you? Have you decided on your dinner venue and bridal shop yet?

13. kate

kate New Member

hi jo, mine's may too!! hotel prob riverview cos of budget. not sure yet unless you have a good suggestion? :) bridal shop trying to decide...prob going to see dang and wedding present again.

14. eli

eli New Member

hello,
    Kate, how much does riverview cost per table?

15. karen

karen New Member

Hi Kate,
    I am not going to the show becoz there are limited seats only - but Patrick (my designer) already promised to let me see the video of the show after that.

Photography i chose imagegarden (my husband likes their pix - i have not much preference - they all looked quite similar).

Hi Jo,
    Service at WP is good (so far) - I saw them talking and laughing with their clients when i was at the shop to sign up so they cannot be that bad. The gowns I tried are not bad - Patrick is very patient and explains everything clearly.
    But I think you should feel for yourself. Tell me how it goes ok? Good luck ;-P

16. kate

kate New Member

eli, they have a range from 525 to 668 (all nett).

thanks for the info karen :)

17. kate

kate New Member

hi jo, have you visited any of them yet? i've been done to wedding present and their service is quite good. i don't know which photographer to book now though.

18. josephine

josephine New Member

Hi Kate, finally decided on WP. Photographer is still a headache, want Andrew Choi but the dates are a problem (becoz I can take photos only in Jan-2001). So i booked w/o photography 1st. Anyway Chris Ling is available and I don't mind his photos also. How about you? Have you confirmed with any bridal firms yet? I really feel relaxed now that the decision is made. ;-P

19. priscilla

priscilla New Member

Hi Josephine
    It's quite surprising but Andrew Choi's dates in Jan'01 are still available as I just booked a date in Jan'01 and was told that there are available slots so I am able to choose which date I prefer.
    Chris Ling is also a good photographer so whether u choose him or AC, u are in safe hands.

20. josephine

josephine New Member

Hi Priscilla,
    Did you book Andrew Choi directly or thru another bridal studio? Which bridal shop did you sign with? My friend is encouraging me to sign up with Chris Ling so I am in a fix now. Anyway I got to see only Chris Ling portfolio so maybe I will go with Chris after all. Thanks for your info!!

21. karen

karen New Member

Hi Josephine, I just came back from a 1 week holiday in Bangkok (shop, shop, and more shopping!) Happy that you also chose WP as your bridal shop - I think they are quite good - they reply very promptly to my e-mail query when I e-mailed them in BKK.

Anyway, for photography I do not know much (my hubby decides for us); but I heard Chris Ling is quite good. Maybe you should ask Patrick to show you portfolio for Andrew Choi so you can make a decision.

22. sarah

sarah New Member

Hi, I am considering WP after reading this forum. I visited them last week - they are quite good (especially Patrick - he is friendly and not pushy). I only required a wedding gown so was pleasantly surprised when Patrick asked me to try on gowns; he kept giving me suggestions on the various styles which I thot was good.

I am going to visit some other bridal shops for comparison before I make up my mind. Thinking of Ted Wu and Pure Bridal. Anyone have experience with them? Heard Ted Wu is quite expensive but his gowns are heavenly.

23. kate

kate New Member

Hi Sarah, have you booked with anyone yet? I've booked WP and am going to their show tmr. Hope everything's well with u.

24. joanne

joanne New Member

Hi, just attended Wedding Present bridal show on Sunday and must say their evening gowns looked fabulous. Kate, how is their price/service like? After the show, there were many people talking to them so I left before I had the chance to speak to one of their representatives. They seemed rather friendly so I am seriously considering using them.

25. sarah

sarah New Member

Just thot I drop a line saying that I got my wedding gown from Wedding Present. Went to their show and was impressed by it. My hubby and I went on following Tuesday and confirmed the gown then. Am so happy that my gown is settled - was getting too many choices and getting confused already. There ends the search for my dream gown! Joanne, have you decided yet?

26. kate

kate New Member

Joanne,ok it depends on which photographer you choose. The basic package is about 2.8k. try to book early as they may be revising the prices soon. Have fun! And oh, it's a nice place there :) I'm going for my designing session with them next week.

27. joanne

joanne New Member

I confirmed my package with WP already. I went with my hubby and since he is ok with Jordan (and Patrick - who will design my gowns), I signed with them. Did you get the S$300 discount with your package? I hear they might be revising their rates soon. Anyway, I did not get to try on some of their fashion gowns becoz they were reserved already (!!). But since my wedding date is end of 2001, I could still wait for the weddings to be over to try them on. Plus Patrick mentioned he is going to make new gowns after his Europe trip next year so I am looking forward to his new collection. How did your design session go? How is your design like? I am still waiting for them to send me my appointment schedule. Cannot wait.

28. rebecca

rebecca New Member

Hi there,

Who do you think that I should talk to when I am at Wedding Present? Which photographers should I go with and what theme do they offer for each photographers? Do you think I can get a decent package under S$ 5,000 with a considerable amount of photographs in the album?

29. sugarchoc

sugarchoc New Member

Hi Rebecca

If u are going down to the Wedding Present, u should try talking to Patrick-he is the designer that werks with the couple on their gowns and suit. U have to talk to him to see if u can communicate with him as well as to know his style. Try on his gowns when u are there to have a feel of their designs.
    They are tying up with Robin, Chris Ling, Andrew Choi and Image Garden. Have a look at the pix from each individual photographer's album (which is available there) and decide for yourself whose style is more akin to your liking.
    I signed up with them recently and I have chosen Chris Ling. I think u can get a pretty good pkg from them for less than $5000. Chk out their pkgs and $$$.

Good luck and have fun with the gowns! :>

30. serena ee

serena ee Guest

New here. Visited Wedding Present and found them to be quite friendly (especially Jordan - super chatty guy). Tried on a few gowns and I thot I looked good in some of them. Am tempted to sign with them but want to look around a few shops 1st (Pure Bridal and Ted Wu). Anyone got advice of what to look out for when choosing a package? My wedding is in Jul-01.

31. rebecca

rebecca New Member

Hi there,

My husband and I have visited a few other boutiques besides Wedding Present. We have visited Emmanuel, Pure Bridal and Charis and found that either the gowns doesn't suit to our liking or the price is a bit too expensive.

We have more or less decided on Wedding Present but can those out there who have signed their package with Wedding Present let us know what are the things we have to take note when we are signing the package with them.

How is the service provided? How is the quality that they offer? What are the accessories and shoes that they offer? How is the makeup and hairdo from the makeup artiste and who should we select? Any other things we have to take note?

Thanks for the help.

32. rebecca

rebecca New Member

Hi there,

Is there anyone out there who can help me?

33. rebecca

rebecca New Member

Hi there,

Would like to inform you guys that my husband and I has decided on WP. Looking forward to the 1st appointment.

34. serena ee

serena ee Guest

Hi Rebecca,
    I am also interested in Wedding Present but I saw the pictures in the Brides magazine so am interested in also Pure Bridal. How do they compare in terms of gowns and service?

35. rebecca

rebecca New Member

Hi Serena

Both Heath from Pure and Jordan from Wedding Present has very good service, nice and simple gowns and they are very easy to talk to. We think that Pure is slightly more expensive than WP. Maybe you should make a trip to both the shops and decide which one suits you. Happy shopping.

36. toastie

toastie Guest

Hi all

Went down to Wedding Present yesterday and I was impressed with the good service provided by Jordan and Patrick. They were really friendly...:)

Just wondering whether anyone here has any experience with the photographer IMage Garden ??
    Chris and Andrew may be alil expensive for us...so considering Image Garden.

Will appreciate all feedback.

Btw, Wedding Present is going to increase their prices in mid Jan next year, so for Brides-to-be interested in Wedding Present, you might want to sign up with them to lock in the price. :))

37. serena ee

serena ee Guest

Hi Rebecca,
    Have been shopping around (especially Tanjong Pagar area) last 2 weeks but still like WP. Actually Emmanuel B is not bad I think the service at WP is a little more personal. And they don't rush you into a decision. Have told Patrick that I am confirmed with them already and will drop in one of these days to pay my deposit.

Hi Toastie,
    You made up your mind yet? Personally I like Andrew Choi but don't have budget for him; so I am signing up w/o photo 1st and see if there are other studios around. Will probably ask Patrick for his advice (my budget for photo is about $1.5k). I have not heard about Image Garden but their portfolio looks ok. But I still think Andrew Choi is better - sigh, hope I strike TOTO lah! :)

38. toastie

toastie Guest

Hi Serena

I saw Emmanuel B too...Elaine was nice but like you, I felt that the service at WP was better as in more personalised. Went down to Pure too, Health was also pretty helpful...but personally feel that their package was alil more expensive and also I felt more comfortable in WP's shop..cosy like going to a friend's place :)

For Image Garden, it's about $1600 for both studio and outdoor pics and they return negatives too. Their portfolio for outdoor looks okie just that I don't really like their studio shots. I actually prefer Chris Ling but he has increase price to $2000... and my FH doesn't want to spend too much on photos since there's only 20 pieces in the package...probably we got to spend another $500 for another 10 pieces and also to blow up for portrait. Ya....I also wish to strike TOTO.

Serena, when are you going to pay your deposit ? I'm thinking of dropping by WP to talk to Patrick again..maybe I'll meet you there :)

39. toastie

toastie Guest

Hi gals

Just to let you all know that I've confirmed my package with Wedding Present yesterday :)

Guess I can now take a break for a few months since most of the bookings have been done.

Cheers!

40. rebecca

rebecca New Member

Hi Serena,

Good to know that you have made your decision for WP so that you do not have to go around looking and being too stressed out. Let me know after you have your 1st appointment with WP and inform me how is everything?

41. serenel

serenel Guest

Hi all,

For those of you who have booked WP, which makeup artiste did u guys choose?? Any tips on who are the better makeup artistes under WP???

Thanks in advance for the advice.

42. serena ee

serena ee Guest

Hi Serenel (hey, our names are quite the same!)
    I think WP will assign the make-up artiste closer to our 2nd fitting date. But I wanted to have Vicky becoz she is the one who did their recent ad in Her World. Patrick said it was ok as long as Vicky is avail. Wanted Clarence Lee but the top up is too high for me to accept. Sigh...

43. toastie

toastie Guest

Hi Serenel

My colleague who used Bridal Veil had this makeup artiste called Alicia. Saw her make-up and it look really nice, and she was highly recommended by my collegue. Alicia is supposedly very good with correctional make-up and she's quite fast too. Anyway, Patrick said he'll book her for me :)

Regards

44. serenel

serenel Guest

Serena- Hi, actually my real name is Serene. But I think it's being used by someone else. Anyway, when's your wedding??? So, u confirmed using Vicky???

Toastie-When's your wedding??? Do u have to pay extra for Alicia?? Is she good in natural makeup & blending colours?? I'm looking for someone who's good in natural makeup & hairdo.

45. toastie

toastie Guest

Hi Serenel

Mine's not till jan 2002 :) Nope, don't have to pay extra for Alicia. According to all my colleagues who saw her pictures....they were all impressed with her makeup and the bride was very happy with Alicia, heard that Alicia gave my colleague many changes in hairdo for the photoshoot :)

46. serenel

serenel Guest

Hi Toastie,

Have u seen Alicia before?? Is she the sort who are open to ideas??? Some of the more experienced makeup artiste r quite stubborn with their styles even if it means that u r uncomfortable with it. Do u know if she's updated with colours & hairdos??

Hope that I'm not asking too much!!! Cheers : )

47. serena ee

serena ee Guest

Yep, I am confirmed using Vicki (this is correct spelling ;-P) and my wedding is in Jul next year. I have a friend who signed with Bridal Veil about 4 years ago and she used Alicia too - her make up was natural then so I think she should be quite good. Why don't you try? I think WP should have good sense to use good make-up artistes (I hope!!!)

48. serenel

serenel Guest

Hi Serena & Toastie,

Thanks for your advice. Will probably give Patrick a ring soon.

Serena- Have u decided on the design on your gown? Do u know whether Patrick is staging another show next year??

49. serena ee

serena ee Guest

My gown design is supposed to be in Feb-01 - so have not really decided yet. Probably I will go for something simple with embroidery. Really depends on what Patrick suggests as well. (He said he is going for vacation in Jan-01 and will have new designs when he is back in Feb-01. I hope his vacation inspiration is good for my gown design!!)

Fashion show? I don't know, did not ask him. Did not go to his recent one also but Patrick showed me a video of it and I thot it was quite good - especially the evening gowns. Maybe should ask him when I see him next time....

50. kathy

kathy New Member

So far all comments on Wedding Present are positive. Does anyone of you experience otherwise?

I am considering to sign up with them.

51. serena ee

serena ee Guest

Hi Kathy,
    My opinion only but so far WP has been good service to me. I have recommended friends to go there (but told them not to reveal that I recommended) and they also said the same thing. At the end of the day, it is a personal thing - I have been happy with them so far. I particularly like their shop - like someone's house and not so cold.