The Sentosa, A Beaufort Hotel

apple77

Hi finnish,
think u shd ask SunSun if there's anyone using The Ballroom, if there is, the foyer will be barricaded w the plants, so unless u nephew intends to squeeze thru, then u will have a problem :p

Ya, will still be around there cos am staying 2 nites there. ya, maybe will pop-by and congratulate u.. kkekkeke

Think for the flowers i'll be getting something light in color, so shd be fine. But must check if the flower is in season, cos actually wanted Pink Peonies with creme roses and lotsa berries. If dun have then maybe shades of creme and pink for my roses.

Touraco,
Will send u the card design over the wkend hor, wkday too bz to on my pc at home liao :p

finnish

Thanks Apple,
will check with SunSun.
Pls. drop-by that evening!! I'll be expecting to meet you and congratulate u too ;-)
I've not decided on flowers, will go to the Florist next week.
Seasonal flowers are really beautiful!! Hope you'll have yours that day!
Let's countdown...

apple77

Hi Finnish,
I went to try the tea dress yest... kekekek.. got one that looks like a gown... super nice... am so happy, now is the bouquet flowers.... probably will not use rose as the rose here not very nice, not like overseas whereby the roses are huge and beautiful. Peonies are not in season, so guess i have to use other flowers. Have you decided on ur bouquet flowers yet?

finnish

Hi Apple,
quite a last min shooping for tea-dress huh. But blessed that u've found 1 you like.
I haven't choose flowers from Florist for actual day; but my bouquet for PS was apple-green carnation.

huiling

hallo everyone!

I'm thinking of having a cosy gathering with 50 close friends in the garden villa. could you please help me with the following questions in my head?

do you think it is very inconvenient to have my guests to come to beaufort? is it very troublesome to take internal bus and back?

how is the layout like in the garden villa? i wanted something cosy but not too casual.

what do you girls think of having a wedding luncheon/dinner at the villa?

can i cater outside food? the rental of the villa is very expensive!

do they charge corkage fee at the villa?

thank Q all!
happy.gif

zenn

Hi girl,

Unless your guests drive otherwise its very inconvenient for them. Even if they drive, parking would be a problem too.

I am not sure abt the layout but I don't think hotel will allow you to cater outside food. They will expect you to cater from them...

pinacola

Hi gals,

I am planning to hold my solemisation and dinner at The Sentosa next year...love the place for its romantic feel! However I have to agree that the Chinese dinner is pretty simple for the price...Is the hotel flexible in changing the dishes?

Hear from u all!

babu

Hi regina,

Ya, u can change the menu, but certain dish, they will charge extra.. some are really expensive... I am going to change alot, cos don like their dishes..
When is ur AD?

pinacola

Hi Babu,

Thanks for yr advise, my AD May 05. When's yours? Are u doing yr solemisation as well?
Meeting San San 2moro to finalise package
happy.gif

babu

Regina,
mi Dec 04, coming liao.. yes, doing my solem at e villa. u? ginger terrace? very nice, but very ex.. villa about e same price, but u can stay there, whereas ginger, after e solem u are not using liao.. a waste lor..

pinacola

Hi babu,

me will be solem at either the lawn outside ginger terrace, subject to the day's availability, or at the foyer outside the grand salon..
went there 2day, seems like to solem at foyer better cos of the splendid view of sea....
happy.gif

U must be real excited abt yr wedding! Hv u done food tasting? i also wanna change the menu...can share which package u took? i m going 4 standard 1..

babu

pinacola,
huh? u change ur name huh? suddenly i blur liao.. hehehe..
me oso take e standard one, going food tasting on 25th this mth, and getting my fh good friends to do food tasting wif me.. cos fh not around till 1st week dec... sigh.. i am planning alone now...

babu

pinacola,
by e way, how u change ur username one huh?? i want to change my too, cos my one is a typo error, then everyone is laughing at my username la.. hahaha..

apple77

Hi Gals,
wanna check if SunSun gave any programme list to follow during the AD? Cos dunno wat to tell my emcee to say ley....

Finnish,
You have any sample of the speech or script for ur emcee, can let me see see and "chan-kao"?

pinacola

Hi Babu,

Yeah i changed name hee. u can just go 'edit profile' and change name there.

So u going food tasting in 2 days time! Let me know if its good...i intend to change the chicken, fish, some squid thingy...all i dun really like...

pinacola

BTW have any of you gals seen the wedding favors? Heard they have photo frame or something...sun sun yet to show me cos no pix, if u gals have pix can share?? Thks!

aurorin

Hi everyone!

So happy to find a tread which talked about Beaufort and so much important information because i just went there last sunday and now my FH and I are quite interested in using the place.

It may seem a little impractical because i have around 280 guests which i ought to then consider somewhere else, but because i really like the ambience beaufort has, i am actually thinking of splitting the event into a dinner and a luncheon the day.

Would appreiciate any comments please!!!

pinacola

Touraco, thanx for the pix!!
The bears look cute, u added the organza bags yrself huh? I think will go for the pix frame...or can we mix and match favors u think?
happy.gif

Hi aurorin, i believe the Grand Salon which is the largest dining venue, can accommodate max 260 pax, comfortable sitting ard 240. Splitting up seeems a gd idea!

aurorin

pinacola,

Yes.. really exploring that with the wedding planner there but so far, negotiation on the packages have been quite bad because they don't seem to budge and their packages are really limited!

Very disappointed.
sad.gif

May actually have to think of other places because if cannot get a better deal, it will be really expensive.

Does everyone here have any comments on their services and prices, or even successfully negotiated for more stuff like extra 1 night stay?
happy.gif

touraco

pinacola
the pics are provided by beaufort. i am thinking of not getting their wedding favours so did not think of mix and match. perhaps u can change with them and let me know as well. thanks

aurorin
they dun really budge when come to negotiation as they are not hard up for business in my point of view. if u want an extra night, they will ask u to forfeit the anniversary night

babu

pinacola,
the food so so only lay, but the portion quite big.. but we are going to change some of the dish la..

babu

touraco,
well, if the portion is e same as e food tasting that i had that nite, it quite ok..but some of e dish are one each one lay, how to share? unless u let them know one or two table got 11 pax lor..
but u don forget, this is just food tasting, so everything is good, AD day, don think e portion is that much lay..

aurorin

touraco,

I guess so, since beaufort is such a beautiful hotel. Just felt abit jarring when all the rest of the hotels i went to, like shangri-la and raffles, the wedding planners were all much more helpful and personable and they even came up with cost-saving suggestions, when we did not request for any extra perks on the packages. Beaufort just seems quite... business-like and erm 'stern'. Quite intimidating.

My FH said, maybe when we went to view the place we should have wore better clothes instead of our usual jeans and t-shirt. :p

touraco

babu
hmm....maybe order those kind that dun have indiv ones...hahahahaha
thanks

aurorin
i even turn up in shorts and t-shirt and husband in bermundas leh...
i dun think they are discriminating lah
mainland has more choices so more competition and in snetosa...it's a 50-50 chance they will get it.maybe that's how they think

aurorin

touraco,

nevermind la, the way i see it, since its our special day, we want to ensure that everything is what we are comfortable with, that includes the venue, the people we engage and the food etc. Maybe it is fated lor. Heh heh

Hope your wedding will be a truly special one for you and your loved one.
happy.gif
Beaufort is really beautiful.

queen

Hi girls!
seems like there are more brides joining us! I just came back from holiday and PS in australia. Very nice place.

Apple/Finnish,
You must be really excited about your big day... do pop by after your day and tell us how it went!

Babu,
How's your preps? Very close to Dec already.

Touraco,
The wedding favours looks disappointing, may have to get something else. I thought the bears would be a pair of wedding bears.

Aurorin,
Sun Sun was quite helpful the 2 times I met up with her. It's true that Beaufort does not offer good perks and is inflexible in their packages. It's really paying for the beautiful place and hopefully decent food and service. Guess they may want to set theselves apart from the usual mainland hotels... Beaufort certainly doesn't make special efforts to woo potental wedding couples to them!

pinacola

Hi Queen, must have been real fun in Oz! Where did u go for PS?

Hey Babu,
A little disappointed to hear the food so so only. I was hoping even if the dishes sound ordinary at least the taste of some standard..

Touraco,
Heard there will be new favors coming in next year, so any of yr AD next year can keep a lookout then.

touraco

hi all
i went down to beaufort today.
it's apple wedding
saw the decor...very nice decor

apple: are you using aubreys? how much u pay for all the extra flowers? i saw your jazz entertainer as well. mind telling me how much you engage them for? did you get the cake from beaufort or? it's cute.

touraco

queen
had fun with ur PS? where u go for PS in australia?

pinacola
really? new favours? i saw SunSun carrying the bears and they are in pouch. i remembered her saying it wld not be in pouch the other time.

queen

Touraco/Pinacola,
PS was done in Melbourne. Photos turned out quite nicely, different style than those in s'pore. More candid. Melbourne is really nice, very friendly people! You saw Apple's wedding? Glad to hear that she has nice decor, hopefully from Audrey's!

Apple/finnish,
eagerly waiting for your postings on your wedding day!
happy.gif

pinacola

Hey gals, Sun Sun did mentioned they would be getting new favors next yr, hopefully they will be in time for our wedding! Will update all when there is.

Queen, glad u enjoyed yr trip to oz! Sure the pix will turn out lovely!

Hey gals, i need help with AD photographer. Need some recommendations. Can email me at [email protected]? Thanks a zil!
happy.gif

queen

Hi girls,
so quiet here recently. How's preps for 05 brides and wedding/honeymoon for Apple and Finnish?
4 months to my big day!

touraco

hi queen
yah....me also around 4 more mths and a few days more than you.heehee

have u been to beaufort recently or talked to sun sun recently?

i was there last friday for my PS.

queen

Hi touraco,
You actually went inside beaufort for your PS? Do you have to ask for permission or something?
Beaufort will provide a very nice resort feel backdrop.
happy.gif

Just emailed Sun Sun regarding food tasting and invitation cards wording. Seems like there is no standard wording for beaufort. They will just provide the admission leaflet. Going to arrange food tasting sometime next week.
Did you make the trip to Bangkok? You mentioned before that you might be going right?

Still need to source for good & cheap flowers for car deco and hand bouquet. Thinking of DIY for hand bouquet but the car is a problem.

touraco

Hi queen,
I emailed Sun Sun beforehand to let her know I am going there for my PS and she said ok. So we took some pictures along the pavilion, the cliff restaurant and the wooden bridge leading down to tanjong beach

When are you arranging food tasting? i don't know how long in advance to do that. What will beaufort need to give us? Car passes, admission coupons and map?

I did go to Bangkok and my hubby made 2 suits there. Very pleased with the workmanship.

Have u talked to beaufort's florist?

queen

Touraco,
Sun Sun mentioned that 2 to 3 months ahead should be fine for the food tasting. She need's one week's notice though. My food tasting should be within these 2 weeks, a bit earlier cos my parents haven't met my future in-laws before!

Did you managed to get wedding cards at Bangkok?
They are cheap! Wedding favours too, but a bit too impractical to carry them back.

I haven't spoken to Audrey's yet. But reading some of the postings, it seems like they cannot make it.

touraco

queen
u mean they never met before? well...mine meet so many times already that the ti qin will be sort of a formality.(i think so unless my mum request something more formal)

i didn't get the wedding cards there as u have to tell them very clear else they will mistaken..too big a risk to take. they dun even send to singapore.

i bought my wedding favours there and had such a hard time transporting them back...our luggages have an excess weight of 10kg...luckily did not have to pay extra...heehee

Are you getting your own florist then? When do you think is a good time to talk to the florist?

queen

Touraco,
yep...close to 6 years together and our parents haven't met yet. Imagine...haha.
I got the empty wedding cards there, printing will be done here. Got the cards at some obscure shop, but managed to find one that doesn't look so cheesy.
What wedding favours did you buy? I thought the candles are quite nice...
As for the florist, I dun think I will get my own, most probably more expensive. But will try to get them to do up something that i like. Have to go down and speak to them. Maybe going down sometime this month or next.

touraco

queen
really can't imagine. mine met each other the first time on my 21st birthday..can u imagine that was so many years back? old liao

oh...i didn't really check out their invitation cards. can scan and let me see?

we bought shot glasses with wedding couple printed on them. now deciding if we shld put candles in but have to buy from here.

i saw floral arrangement for apple....think it's not bad...

queen

Hi touraco,
a bit difficult to scan the wedding card cos there is a piece of dired leave pasted on the cover. But other then that, the card is 3 fold and all white, blank on the inside. quite simple but classy.

Shot glass is perfect as a wedding favour! We thought of getting those too, but no way of hauling them back. Got to see what Beaufort is offering...

touraco

hi queen
ok...can sort of visualise that.
it certainly sounds nice and classy

haha...i can't imagine us bringing them back in the first place. thought of getting a wedding couple keychain initially...but have to place the stock 2 - 3 weeks in advance before collection and have to collect personally. so have to go to the next alternative.

queen

Hi touraco,
I'm going down to have the food tasting next Tuesday. Will let you know what's my impression of the food!
By the way, have you found your wedding cards?
Do you have any good contacts for printers?