The Sentosa, A Beaufort Hotel

panzz

i would think stuff in Thailand is cheaper. If you are just buying fabric then no prob. One of my bridesmaid told me once that she would be able to get really cheap gowns for the bridesmaids tailored made in bangkok but the problem is we need to take very accurate measurements cos we can't be there. If they dont' fit, then will have to get someone here to alter.. very troublesome so in the end I gave up the idea.

Anyway, have fun queen.

queen

Hi girls,
Back from Bangkok!
Good trip, did plenty of shopping. Managed to get FH's suit custom made and bought wedding cards. Got some household decor item as well, also plenty of bras and Adidas products!
oh, bough Thai silk for my mom and bridesmaids' dresses.

queen

Hi Panzz,
Yep, definitely. Will want to go back there again. There are a lot of pretty home decor stuff and crockery. Food there is so cheap!

queen

Touraco,
For the suit, I went to Ambassador Fashions. Paid 9000 baht for jacket, pants, vest and 2 shirts. The worksmanship is not bad, but the service is not so good. They actually forgot to make the vest! So we had to leave BKk wothout the vest and they promised to shipped it to us. Dunno whether they will keep to their promise or not... Look for other tailors if you have other recommendations.

For the wedding cards and favours, go to Phahurat Road (Little India), near Chinatown. Along the road, there are plenty of shops selling wedding cards and favours like candles. I bought mine in one of the shops for 11 baht per piece. Very cheap! If you can stay there long enough (1 to 2 weeks), the cards can be printed for an additional 5 to 10 baht.

Didn't make any dresses, just went to the famous Jim Thompson main store to buy Thai Silk. Not cheap though, cost 550 baht per metre for a 1-ply silk.

Of course, thouse home decor stuff and crockery, just buy from Chatuchak market. There is a night market called Suan Lom night bazaar is also not bad.

Don't ever leave BKK without buying bras! The Wacoal, Triumph and other branded bras there cost at least 30% or more less than in Singapore.

touraco

hi queen
thanks for information
will look out for them when going there.
btw, where is the ambassador fashions located?
are there a lot of tailors in MBK itself?

queen

Hi touraco,
Ambassador Fashions is located at Sukhumvit (www.ambassadorfashions.com), lots of tailor in the Sukhumvit area. I didn't really see many tailors in MBK, but it could be because MBK is so big and I didn't really have the time to shop around much.

queen

touraco,
no need to say sorry
happy.gif

Big day is 27 Mar 05. What about yours? If I don't remember wrongly, it is quite near mine, end of Apr or May right?
Made the suit early cos will be doing the photoshoot in October in Melbourne.

Any of you brides seen the mock up by Audrey's already? Any $$$ top-up needed for floating candles and stuff?

touraco

queen
mine is 2 apr...so it's just 6 days after yours.
u must be excited about the photoshoot in melbourne.

i will be going there before my PS in Nov as well so can use the suit for PS.

did not see any mock up by audrey's but i heard need to pay like $20 if you want one.

panzz

Hi girls.. logged in to say bye bye.. found a new job that requires me to work day and night so I hardly have the time to login to forum.
happy.gif

Anyway, it has been great talking to you all. Finnish, touraco, queen and all the rest of the Beaufort brides... All the best to you and may you girls have wonderful and memorable weddings! Bye bye!

panzz

Thanks touraco, I will pop by once in a while if I get the chance. And it's a IT job with deadlines and all so it is definitely stressful but interesting at the same time.
happy.gif
You too, take care and enjoy your wedding!

By the way, one last comment. Yes, got to pay to see Audreys' "preview". For the arrangements, if you want candles etc etc, need to pay more! *Wave wave*

queen

Panzz,
Thanks! You have been so helpful, we wil certainly miss you. Do drop in whenever you are free! All the best in your new job!

beejoo

Hi all,

Thinking of holding my wedding at around Oct 2005 at Sentosa Resort and Spa. Need your advise on how's the food, ambience, cost etc. Will be holding my solemnization there as well.
Understand that the max table they can accomodate is only 20 tables?

So need lots of advise.

Thanks

touraco

hi beebee
guess most of us have not had our ceremony there yet except panzz.

the grand salon can hold a max of 26 tables.

queen

Hi Bee Bee,
Most of us here are still waiting for our big day, not too sure if those who already had their wedding at Sentosa Resort and Spa are still active in the thread.

Can't comment about the food cos I haven't tried them myself, but I have a few friends who had attended the wedding dinners there. They think the food is not bad, no unfavourable comments.

Have you paid a visit to the place? I think it has a very nice resort feel, but this is subjective. You will get a better idea of the ambience if you can drop by the place when there is a wedding going on.

Cost-wise, have to say that Sentosa Resort and Spa is one of the more expensive ones in the market. Check out their package prices on http://www.beaufort.com.sg/rm_wedd_pk.html
And the prices do not include GST!

They have 2 ballrooms there, the smaller one can accomodate max 16 tables, the bigger one max 26 tables.

To be honest, in terms of perks and location,
Sentosa Resort and Spa is not the most economical or best. However, if you are looking for a romantic venue with an outdoor solemnization, it is certainly attractive. I would say we are paying a high price more for the ambience than anything else.

Hope these helps.

beejoo

Hi touraco and queen,

Thanks for your comment. Yes! we have made an appt to go and meet up with the wedding planner. I agree with you that it is not the most economical, but want mine to be something memorable.... If it is within our budget. However, we will still decide after checking it out.....
Will update you gals...........

finnish

Hello Brides,
have been a long time...juz pop in to say hi! Was in the midst of the preparation; and was very busy with my job. That's y hardly follow the thread here.

Panzz, will be missing you here... BUT NO WORRIES, coz i still could contact you right.

Thanks for all your advices. Enjoy your new job.

And to all the new Brides here, welcome-welcome.

panzz

Waiting for "chauffeur" so came in to kpo a bit. Yes finnish, queen, touraco and the rest of the brides... feel free to email me ([email protected]) whenever u want info. I will definitely try to reply
happy.gif
Signing off again... bye

queen

so nice to hear from finnish & Panzz!

Panzz, how's your new job?

finnish,
How's your wedding preps?
Got everything settled?

touraco

hi queen
$500 for per person??? i find that my makeup artiste from my BS is quite good. I will try to get u the number...

apple77

Hi Gals,
Long time never pop by liao, i just went for my food tasting, turn out quite nice ;) So relieved. Went down in the evening for food tasting, so got to bring my parents around to take a look at the ballroom etc. It looks soooo different at nite. And mind me, it's really dark along the walkways. So i am gonna put lotsa tealights along the way to the ballroom. The rooms all look great at nite w the lights and all, kinda warm and cosy with that romantic resort feel that looks formal at the same time.

Now bz w getting my card design finalised and then send to print. Very gan chiong liao, like so many things to settle still. Have any of you got ur event of the nite done up? Now worrying abt it. Dunno where or who to be the emcee etc.. Just the bouquets for my bridesmaid (4 of them) costs me $50 each.. totalling of $200 just for flowers.. haven't count in their dresses yet. crossing fingers that my BS can get them something they like... aiisk -_-"

finnish

Hello Brides,
Queen, i haven't been to Audrey's, haven't seen the wedding invitation card design, haven't decide how to decorate the recept area etc etc...
will try to sort all these maybe in this month.
Apple,
same same gan cheong ... our AD is getting nearer and nearer...
wow, u spend so much on your 4 bridemaids!
touraco,
think you still have plenty of time to prepare your big day huh..

apple77

hi touraco,

Haven't cfm design yet, will show u when done. Getting DuraChop to do it... it's near bugis area, so more convenient. I was quoted $260 for 150 cards with hotstamping.. probably a bit $$, trying to find some other place, but this is the more convenient place for me... so maybe i'll stick to this place if i can't find. Latest by end next wk i must go print liao. You got any printer that's cheaper?

finnish,
Ya, gan cheong hor... kekekekek. I might just get wrist corsages for the bridesmaids instead to cut down on $$... dunno ley... like not worth spending so much on flower when they're not gonna hold it for more than 10 min.

camomile

Hi finnish,

So sorry to intrude here. I am considering Stanley’s Blackboard for my AD photographer and there was a past post stating that he was the photographer for your ROM. I would be most thankful if you could give me any feedback on his work. Understand that he does overseas too. Thank you.

queen

Touraco,
Thanks! What's the name of your makeup artist?
How much does she charge for freelance basis?

finnish,
Lots to do in one month! I think the deco can be a headache... but are you particular over the deco?

Apple,
nice to hear from you!
Glad to hear another good comment about the food.
My future in-laws quite particular food. Looks like you are taking the Ballroom? How many tables do you have? I'm having 4 bridesmaids too! Are you having any ceremony at the Lawn?
I'm wondering whether it is weird to have all my 4 bridesmaid march in in front of me for the solemnization ceremony. Have you considered making the bridesmaids' bouquet? Just buy the flowers in bulk and make simple hand-tied bouquets. I intend to do that.

finnish

Apple,
yes, wrist corsages good! at least after that few hours, still could use it as a pretty brouch?
Queen's suggestion is perfect, buy flowers in bulk and get your bridesmaids to hand-tie the bouquet themselves?! haha

Camomile,
*puzzle.. past post from where? me blur blur.
Yeap, stanley did my ROM photography. We were happy for the montages he did for us. In fact, we got his contact through picturebox, Marcus whom was stationed in aussieland. He doesn't do ROM, hence he introduced Stanley.
I thought Stanley prefer PS than AD photography.
Have you seen his work? quite good if you like journalistic pictures.

camomile

Hi finnish,

Oh, I did a search on Stanley’s Blackboard and saw your post for October 2004 Brides, around March period. Ya, I have met up with him, a pleasant young guy. Saw his AD album, his quote is a little high but the pictures are not bad. I didn’t know that he prefer to do PS but he did asked whether are we keen to do the Australia PS. Is his PS good? I found his contact on the net but tot I better seek feedback from someone who has engaged his service b4. Thank you so much for replying.

chewwy

Hi everyone

I am deciding between Rasa and Beaufort for my solemnisation next May.

I have stayed in Beaufort previously and really really like the place. However, it is so $$. They quote me $65+++ for the international buffet without drinks and without any freebies!!! Just 65+++ for the food. The hotel said I can't take their pre-arrange package as I only have 50 pax

Can someone share with me their package. My email is [email protected], thanks

queen

Hi chewwy,
I think most of the brides-to-be here is taking the chinese dinner menu. If you read my earlier post, Beaufort is not generous with freebies and the package, be it sit down or buffet dinners, is very expensive. But you enjoy a romantic setting and ambience, intimate atmosphere, and I think generally good food, based on various feedback. Not sure about the service though.

queen

Touraco & all the brides who plan to tailor make suits in Bangkok,
Please do not go to Ambassador Fashions (Bespoke Tailor) located at Sukhumvit Rd. I have a bad after sales experience with them. They did not complete a vest (already paid for) prior to my departure back to Singapore in July, citing the reason that there is not enough material left to make the vest. They promised to have the vest delivered to my FH in Singapore within a week after we went back home.
Well, it's been 2 months and the vest has not arrived. We contacted them a few times via phone and email and they use the same excuse over and over again. They are obviously playing us out.
So, please don't patronize this tailor.

Also, in general, beware of such dishonest tailors. Be sure that they issue a proper receipt with every item written down in black and white and the agreed date of delivery.

apple77

Looks like everyone's bz...

Hi Finnish, how is ur preparations? I've been bz with all the arrangements etc. Finally got my cards printed and now gonna be sending them out
happy.gif
My bridesmaids managed to get their dresses from my bridal shop and now it;s just going bk with them for fitting. But just that is a headache as there's 4 of them, not everyone can go at the same time etc, so always keep changing appts. luckily my BS pple very patient and nice
happy.gif
Going down to see a sample by Audrey's this wkend. Update you gals again on how nice it is. Went down few wks bk and saw the decor, red roses for floral stands... looks nice and romantic. You gals can consider that. But didn't snap any pix so can;'t show u gals.

By the way, u gals got ur emcees already? Wonder how the dinner's programme shd be or what shd be the proper way it should run... really headache about this... sigh... any tips, anyone?

touraco

hi apple
ur big day is on 30 Oct,is it?
can i go down to see the decor?

where u print ur cards and how much? can send sample?

as for emcees, am thinking of asking my hubby's friend. did think of engaging one though but not sure if it's good enough.

queen

Hi Apple!
Big day coming...must be exciting.
Are you using the lawn?
I ever see one decor done with orchids, the table centerpieces are with orchids and floating candles, very nice. But not sure if it is done by Audrey, maybe you want to check it out as well.

queen

By the way, how soon ahead should we liase with the hotel on the actual day's arrangments, floral decor, get the details for the card and food tasting?

apple77

Hi Gals
happy.gif

ya, my big day is on 30th Oct.... very excited now. I went down to Audrey's for a sample... she's very nice, nv charge me, maybe cos i went down and she's not fully done up the centerpiece yet. I told her no ferns cos dun like them. You can specify wat side flowers u want to add on. I chose creme w two-tone roses to go w berries and some greenie leaves. Not too bad. I add on candles which i bought from IKEA, so it's cheap. Am using red and creme roses for my VIP tables... bought candlebras from IKEA as well, so will use them in my centerpieces.
Touraco, u are most welcome to come see the decor. But it's pretty simple, nv really do much to it.

The cards are printed... spent around $280 for 150 cards. It's more expensive cos of my card size. It's those that has a few folds and open up into A3 length. I did a monogram and use a color that looks like gold on creme paper. Did the cards at Durachop opp. bras brasah and the new library. If only hotstamping will be $190 only for normal square cards with 1 fold (4pp).

Queen,
Ya, think i saw those before, but not by Audrey's The ones i saw by Audrey's was at the Ginger room, not impressive lor that's why i opted out using floating centerpieces. I had my food tasting around 2mths before the AD so that there's enough time to decide wat menu u want. Then SunSun will email u the table arrangements and the actual day's arrangements. Floral decor u can do it around few wks before ur AD, that is fine. As for the cards, get the design confirmed at least 2mths before so that you have ample time to print and collect at least one mth before. Remember to proof-read ur cards, otherwise will take more time to reprint. I am sending cards out this 2 wks, have already confirmed 99% of my friends' attendance. Now is my relatives side. Really headache cos it's not like restaurants, u must state the exact tables u need. No Spare. If got less pple turn up oso have to pay. if more pple turn up then cham, dunno how to squeeze since it's VIP serving and their food amt is cooked according to exactly 10 per table unless u specify to sunsun.

touraco

hi apple
u must be very excited now.

how much you buy per candle? is it those thick ones?

the cards printing sounds reasonable. u ask them to design for you too? do let me see a sample if you have any left over or can scan and let me see?

do you meet up with SunSun to discuss the day's procedures? how long before to discuss with her on everything?

finnish

Hello Apple,
i've juz sent out invitation on Sat. Now, waiting for RSVP. Really busy! I havn't ask Audrey to do up a sample. But have informed her that i wanted Roses. Not fixed on colour yet...
I'll also go Ikea buy candles to beautfy the arrangement.
Maybe i'll go and see her for confirmation soon. No time liao...

apple77

Hi touraco,
ya, very gan chiong now.. kekeke.. so many things to settle.. and seating arrangements as well. then dun dare to call too many pple in case overshot the max. No i did the design myself. You have any email? Send u the design from home. Ya, met up w sunsun, but was late, and she was rushing for another wedding, so nv really talk much, but anyway u can just call her if u have any queries.

Hi finnish,
hahaha, u must be as bz as me now rite. The candles i got from IKEA is those creme color, around 8" long, 1" thick. Putting 3 candles per centerpiece. If u dun mind white color candles, they're much much cheaper, think around $12.90 for 100 sticks!!!!! i bought mine that comes in 20sticks per box at around $4.90 or isit $6.90 per box. Bought tealights to put along the pond as well. Also, will be having torches lit up outside the foyer. Hope the ambience will be really good w all the lightings.

So bz now, still haven't chose my tea dress yet :p Dilemna over the choice of flower for my bouquet ley... and oso flowers for my bridesmaids. Prefer white roses, but then scared will look pale and washed out against my gown in photos. Red will be too dark at nite during the march-in. Looking for nice bouquet pix.

Anyone has nice bouquet pix of peonies?

finnish

HI Apple.
Yah! Super BZ! Though i have the idea of IkEA candles, i haven't buy them coz no stock when i went there last month. I've to call and check again.
My MIL is very worried about the pond though ours at the Grand Salon because my hubby's nephew is like monkey, always run around and also, there are many 'senior citizens'. She felt it was too dark if there isn't any function at the ballroom that day!
*sigh* i can't do anything unless i place all the tealights around the pond, which untill today, i've no idea whether there's any function there or not otherwise i'll be intruding their territory?!
Will you still be staying in Beaufort on 31st? Pls. feel free to drop-by mine! and see how stressed up & nervous i'll be! hahaha

finnish

Apple,
about flowers, maybe best person to advice you will be the florist or your gown designer? coz they could tell you what image is best for you to compliment your gown.
For me, personally i prefer 'colourful' bouquet but bcoz gown itself was a little elabrorate, so designer advise a plain one.