The Fullerton Hotel Singapore

joyce

I think all brides that are getting married next year should really try getting their dinners or receptions done at the Grand Fullerton.

For receptions , it starts from $60 / pax. so you can imagine what dinners cost:) the ballroom's supposedly very grand and so is everything else, heard that one can even have an outdoor wedding done there.

Weddings are going to be held there from mid dec 2000 onwards

so.. all prospective brides with money to burn...here's another Wonderfully Posh place to have your weddings! ;-)

If it was not because i found $60/pax too steep, I would have been amongst the first to use the Grand Fullerton for my wedding.. sigh!! :-(

joyce

well.. the website is more than enough i think. I threw away the contact, so sorry. but at the website, you can post an enquiry under reservations of meetings and events. The manager will then contact you. better do it soon!! I'm sure they are packed with enquiries!

sugarchoc

Hi

if its any help, I have an email from them with the pkg price and menu. Its $768 +++ for a min. of 35 tables for weekends and 30 tables for weekdays. Perks are 2 nights stay with gourmet b'fst, 1 barrel of beer, food-tasting etc.

You can contact [email protected] for more info. If I'm not wrong, she is in charge of Catering Sales & banquet.

Good luck!

faith

Wow, u gals mean that the Fullerton has started entertaining our banquet enquiries before they actually had the official opening ? I dun think they are open yet rite ???? Is Fullerton a 5-star hotel ??? I've Grand Copthorn Waterfront and Conrad International hotel in mind, any good comments for me ???

kpo

Hi Faith,

That's right! In fact, they told me that the dates for weddings are going out fast.

Supposedly, Fullerton is on par with Ritz and Raffles (5.5* to 6*)!

How many tables are you having? The quote that I've gotten from Fullerton for 150pax is $118+++/pax.

If you want the nicer and more posh hotels...you probably can also check out Four Seasons, Raffles, Hotel Inter-Continental and Beaufort (if you don't mind the slight inconvenience).

Both Conrad and Grand Copthorne should be good. If you've decided on Grand Copthorne, make sure that the location and directions are stated clearly. Many people get confused 'cos there are so many copthorne hotels around.

kpo

Hi Faith,

Just to add...Fullerton is accepting their first guest in Dec 2000. There are probably 80% completed. If you want to go for site inspection...must wear hardcap...should be quite an interesting experience.

faith

Hi KPO

Thanks for your infomation. I've not checked with Fullerton for their banquet rates yet. My guest list will probably be about 350 guests. It's really hardwork working on these banquet stuffs. Anyway, thanks.

lim

Hi Jess,

My fren had her wedding there. Food was so so, 8 course chinese dinner, but portions were really small. Service was good though. The ballroom is at the basement, so for the march in, you actually walked down a flight of steps, followed by a short march to the stage...

Hope this helps
happy.gif

joyce

walking down seems so glam.. everyone can look up at you.. but i think i would have been terrified of tripping on my train or something like that.. such a scary thought!

ice

My friend had her wedding there 2 weeks ago. Only those those sitting at the centre can actually see the bride & groom coming down.

lim

Ya agree wif Ice, the ballroom is slightly circular, I was seated at the side, could only see the bride n groom when they finished their steps...

kpo

Saw the ballroom setup (for wedding) in the Wine & Dine magazine...not really that impressive wat??! They have the cheek to quote me $118+++ pax! Darned!

J

jess lee

Thanks for the info, guys. That's what I worried too - tripping over in front of the guests, it's so embarrassing! Went to take a look at the ballroom a couple of days back, really like the place but after what you guys said about the price, it seems a little ex.....
KPO, is $118+++ pax for the buffet dinner? Doesn't this means that the chinese dinner is cheaper?

kpo

Hi Jess Lee,

Nope...$118+++ was wat they quoted me for western sit-down dinner. They claimed that there'll be more manpower involved hence the higher price.

I understand that the chinese dinner is only $768+++ but I think they require a min. of 35 tables for weekends & 30 tables for weekdays.

Another thing to note, Fullerton doesn't allow for wines to be brought in even for weddings...you'll have to purchase from their bar.

jess

Thanx alot, KPO. Now it seems Fullerton is not such an ideal place after all! (sigh!)
Now I think Shangri-la will be the next better choice then.

flower

Hi Jess,
not to disappoint u but just would like to share with u. i attended a wedding at shangri-la, the food n ambience are excellent. However, the service is really bad. During the first dish march-in, one of the waiter drop the whole plate and u can imagine the scene. Then, another waiter spill red wine over a guest sitting at my table. Furthermore, we got to wait very long for them to refill the drinks. But of course this could be that most hotels employ part timers.

faith

Dear all

i've gone to fullerton hotel to peep
happy.gif
@ the ballroom already....hee....it happens that there's a wedding going on that day and we actually get to see a sample of the ballroom being done up....quite ok but my fiance thinks the stage look ugly and the ballroom wasn't so nice but i think the hotel itself is very new and nice, heard the suite is very beautiful too but my only concern is that they require 35 tables on weekends ! I'm only looking @ 25 tables now, just wanna stretch my dollars and spend on something elses, unless they're willing to let me have 25 tables which is definitely not possible.

novbride

Hi all,

I have shortlisted Fullerton Hotel for my chinese seat down dinner. I have met up with the manager and is now reviewing the contract they sent me. I love their suite and ballroom too, but is wary about the tripping down the stairs part..:p Anyone planning a wedding at Fullerton? Any comments about their services and food?? What kind of things should i look for before signing up with them?

curious

Hi Novbride,

what is in yr contract and when is yr wedding? Who is the manager u spoke to? Thomas? I would love to hear some comments from brides who had their wedding at the fullerton too.

novbride

hi curious,

She gave me the basic contract...which did not include some of the things we discuss..must call her next week. The manager I spoke to is Pauline. Curious, when r u holding your dinner?? R u planning it at Fullerton too??

Actually I have not really make up my mind, I have a few short listed hotels, I am now comparing the contracts they sent me. Preparing wedding is so stresssss!!

nicole

hi Nov bride and curious,

I am most prob going to hold my wedding the Fullerton too. And I spoke to Pauline. WHen are u both going to hold yr wedding? mine is next year Dec so the whole package is diff from this year's.

Hi Novbride, what are the other hotels u shortlisted? Let me know okies. Or u can email me.

Nicole

novbride

hi nicole,

I'll be holding mine this year nov. I got their next year package too. 2002's package is much better, got three menus to choose from. Very tempted to postpone to early next yr...then i'll have more time to prepare..
happy.gif

i shortlisted ritz carlton, hotel inter-continental, conrads, four seasons hotel n regent. ritz is our 1st choice..but unless we postpone till next yr...if not the dates we want are all booked..
sad.gif

nicole

Hi Nov bride,

Great minds think alike. Ritz is my first choice too but unfortunately the date I want is taken.
sad.gif
I shorlisted Conrad too but it is too small for my guest list. I didn't really like Hotel Intercon's ballroom though it seemed quite a fave among brides in this forum.

Do keep me updated abt yr plans and arrangement.I am going to sit for my final sem exams very soon thus have not much time to share more and go into thorough details for my wedding. Will keep u informed after my exams!!

happy.gif

What is yr budget by the way? And how many tables are u looking at?

God bless!
Nicole

S

sheer

Hi Novbride

I'm holding my wedding dinner at the Fullerton this coming November too! Did u managed to get a weekend date? Mine is on a weekday. How many tables are u holding? btw, how much is the dinner table for year 2002?

I've just viewed the bridal suite and I think it's just simply beautiful! I'm considering to hold my tea ceremony in the room!

The hotels which you've shortlisted are exactly the hotels i've shortlisted too. But i've compared many factors and decided to go for Fullerton.

Can i ask you what are the details that you've discused with Pauline not reflected in the contract? For mine, I've gotten the basic contract too. But I thought terms in the contract are quite generic and open. Perhaps come nearer the date, I'll discuss with Thomas on the details again. He's quite a nice person to talk to. What about Pauline?

novbride

Hi Nicole,

You got loads of time even if you start planning after your exams..
happy.gif
I'll surely keep you updated with my wedding preparation, not forgeting reviews from my wedding experience with Fullerton..:p Meanwhile, all the best for your Exams!

My budget is not over $1000.00 per table and I'm looking at 35-40 tables.

novbride

Hi Sheer,

What a concidence!!
happy.gif
No...I couldn't get a weekend date too..
sad.gif
If I book at fullerton, I'll be booking the mininum number of tables 1st, the guest list is not confirmed yet. The 2002 dinner will have a weekend course and the price per table is $838+++. For ours, all weekdays n weekends course and price r the same.

Yup...I love the loft suite too!!
happy.gif

Have you sign the contract? The terms I want to include r seat covers, number of wedding cards, menus...but I have talk to Pauline...she told me we can discuss once we decided to sign. You talked to Thomas issit? Pauline is okie...but she is always busy, very hard to get her to return calls..so sometimes quite frustrating..:p What details do I need to look out for? If they are not stated in the contract, can we still ask for them?

S

sheer

Hi Novbride

I've signed the contract. During then, I've signed the contract hastily without discussing in details. But i think Thomas is quite ok when i met up with him again lately to discuss on details, he seems helpful and rather flexible. Well, basically I feel that the contract has covered most of the items, as for wedding cards,menus, we'll only be discussing when the date gets nearer. and for sit cover, Thomas was telling me he has to charge me for that. But he can give it to me for the VIP tables. He is What abt pauline? does she give u all the sit covers?

So have u firmed up on the date yet? Mine falls on a wednesday, wonder how would the turn-up rate like. Very worried.

Have u ROM? I'm also considering my solemnisation on the same day since the loft suite is so nice. wat do u think? just afraid it's too rush.

Sheer

novbride

hi sheer,

It seems like Thomas is quite nice, Pauline din offer anything regarding the VIP table, may be its because I din ask her. She is charging me for the seat covers but at a discount if I can confirm.

Yup, the date is fixed, its on tuesday..
happy.gif
may be its juz a day before yours..ehehe

I'll have my ROM before my dinner, on a chosen date by my fiance's mum. I considered Solemnisation on the same day too, but because I couldn't book dinner on that chosen date..I'll have to resort to spreading to two days..

You can solemnise in the morning..check into the hotel, do your tea ceremony there..n prepare for the dinner...abit rush..but I think your relatives will prefer this (they dun have to attend two separate ceremonies in two days!)

By the way, which bridal did u go to? I'm making my decision by end of this week (running short of time!!!)..I have short listed bridal veil, silluotte, tan yoong and ivory aisle..so stressed...I like all their gowns..:p

nicole

Hi Nov bride and sheer,

Seems like we all more or less have the same taste. I think its a great idea to hold the tea ceremony at the Loft Suite. In fact I brought this up to Pauline and requested for early check in, she was unable to guarantee this and won't list it in the contract because she said it is subject to availiailty as they only have 8 Loft Suites.

The seat covers are included in the 2002 package but not in the 2001. Thats a diff in the items and also, the cake is going to be 3 tier in 2002 and not 5 tier. An additional item in the 2002 package is the pianist who will entertain yr guest at the cocktail reception.

As the package is pretty comprehensive and comes with the 2 night stay in the Suite, I believe that more or less we dun have to bargain for much more in the contract.......
happy.gif

Hope my info help !

And thanks Nov bride for yr willingness to share abt yr wedding plans with me.
happy.gif

God bless u!

Nicole

von

hi Novbride

Initially I was thinking of solemnisation and tea ceremony in the hotel. But I think it may not be feasible to move the crowd from our house to the hotel. So i'll probably have my solemnisation juz before the dinner.

I've signed up with Margaret Brides. I know it's a tough decision to make coz i've had a hard time too. All the bridal studios seem not much of a diff to me. So wat I did was to choose the photographer that I like, met up with him to make sure I'm comfortable with him. Than I just go to those studios that work with him and shortlist from there. Make sure you get to meet up with the designer before sign up with the package to ensure that you can click with him/her.

So far have u heard anything about Fullerton's food for wedding dinner?

von

novbride

Hi von,

So far, I heard the food is only so so...but I heard that the catering for fullerton is from Tung lok's group. The food should be quite ok.
happy.gif

cheers

I had previusly met up with Pauline at the former hotel that she works for. I didn't find very good as a wedding consultant as she does not seem to know much and she'll say will check but never replied.Wost, when she resigned to join the Fullerton,she didn't even let me know that she was leaving until I called the hotel to look for her... thus I was left wandering if she booked my wedding banquet for me ??? However, to my relieve another consultant took over and she is very very good. My advice is that if you have Pauline as your consultant, you really have to have everything in black & white or to really cashe after her for things to be done. I have nothing against her but feel that the service that she offers is sub standard.A a good wedding consultant is very important. The last thing you want to know is that ,this or that is not done ... from the posting,thomas seems to be better...

kpo

Hi Novbride,

i think it shouldn't be a problem as long as u've valid reasons for doubting your current mgr's ability to do a good job...

for fullerton's case...i do admit that pauline is pretty inexperience...if u r really displease with her service, i'm sure u can get someone else (thomas?) to do the job...

alternatively...u can tell her frankly your views & hopefully, she'll put in more efforts to improve on her services?

S

sheer

Hi Novbride

I'm sure you can. But I think Thomas is equally busy too. I believe it's all because fullerton is still so new and they're really running shorthanded. But what I last heard was, Fullerton is in the process of engaging a wedding planner who will have experience and will solely in charge of the wedding events only. Perhaps your account will be handed to the person by then. You may want to check with them.

novbride

Hi KPO and Sheer,

I think I'll stick to pauline...I can't really judge her based on juz meeting her once. Hope she can improve her service as time pass...
happy.gif

S

sheer

Hi Novbride(Novbride)

This is what I've heard too. My photographer has also told me that one of his bride has encountered major hiccups during the dinner, such as playing the wrong songs, labelling tables wrongly, offending important guests and caused lots of unhappiness.

Have u booked the venue yet?

novbride

Hi Sheer,

Yup...we signed the contract last week...now I can only hope for the best and that they will be more experience when my wedding day comes...
happy.gif

P

peng wee

Hi,

Calling out to those who have booked Fullerton ...!!
happy.gif

Do you know if Fullerton can waived the corkage charge for wine ? Last I know is that it costs $34 per bottle for corkage and wine has to be purchased in-house and cannot be brought in . do you know how flexible they can be ?

thanks!!

kpo

hi peng wee,

from wat was being communicated to me...waiver of corkage is a strict no-no! they're quite flexible abt other perks though! 'cos they claimed to have the BEST wine collection which cannot be matched!!!
lame.gif

P

peng wee

Hi KPO,

can u share with me what are the other perks they can be flexible about ?

kpo

hi peng wee,

actually, i'm not the best person to answer ur question 'cos i did not book fullerton
lame.gif
...although i did speak & requested for a proposal from them.

i remember asking them for this & that & they were quite happy to accomodate & modify the proposal accordingly...but when i asked abt the wines (on numerous occasions!)...they juz refused to barge.