The Fullerton Hotel Singapore

jns

Hi,

i personally have some problem doing the march-in during my actual day. I didnt fall down but i actually miss a step. But i did not regret signing up wif fullerton. U can try practising it if u are worried.

matchstickgal

Hi Greentea,

They do provide lcd projector, screen and sound system according to my coordinator. did your coordinator tell you that it's not included? maybe you can check with them to be safe?

;P

honey_greentea

erm... i only met him once and we din discuss much in details, i only refer to the general menu and proposal he sent me..it's not stated there so i thought they din provide lo. he is super busy so i think need to further discuss with him again. actually i havent sign up with any hotel yet, juz shortlist fullerton as one of our considerations
happy.gif
seems like it's highly recommended wor...

matchstickgal

Hey Greentea,

Why don't you speak to him directly as that was what happened to me too the last round as he was very busy and i can understand as every couple wants immediate attention from him according to him.

tiramisu91

Matchstickgal, me too wedding lunch @ straits room...hehe wens ur date?

east garden is too noisy as it just located next to main road and bus stop plus depends on weather..so not recommended.

ya, lcd projector and sound system provided in d package, at least for those signed up in 2008..not sure abt 2009 though..have to check wif ur coordinator.

honey_greentea

Hi matchstickgal,
Mind sharing your package with me? coz i'm planning for lunch in Straits Room too. based on the proposal it seems like very brief, i.e. not stating stuffs like corkage waive, rental of LCD proj, 30litre barrel of beer, etc. is it that all these not provided for lunch package? pls enlighten me
happy.gif

my email is [email protected]
Thanks ya!

honey_greentea

HI matchstickgal, i got the email. thanks a lot ya
happy.gif
it's the same package that rendall gives me. just that he did not mention the other stuffs that u wrote in the email. i think those stuffs are standard..

strawberryberry

hi all, jus wanna get more opinions...

which one is better, fullerton straits room lunch $788++ 12 tables or meritus mandarin court lunch $688++ 15 tables

matchstickgal

Hi Tiramisu91,

My WL will be in next year Jan 2010. What bout yours?

Hi strawberry,

Not sure if you have seen both the Straits Room and Mandarin Court but personally i still think straits room is a better choice in terms of location and accessibility as afterall, mandarin is at orchard and for weekend getting transportation is crazy so in the end i took straits room instead and also the perks are better as i don't see hidden cost in it. Just my 2 cents worth of tots ;P

Btw you might want to arrange for a viewing with the hotel coordinator to know more. thats what i did. i was more kiasu to even go for 5 hotels to compare. hehe

honey_greentea

Matchstick, when is your AD? maybe we are looking at the same date. hehe...
i'm actually in a midst of choosing between fullerton and hilton... i like fullerton as a whole (nice facade & lobby), but i prefer hilton's unique poolside view by the Panorama room than the Straits room @ fullerton. but hilton's lobby & appearance juz so so :S
*headache*

matchstickgal

Hi Greentea,

Well to be honest we can't have the best of both world, but of course we try to have a balance. I chose fullerton over the rest due to the service, food comments and also the historical value of the building as after all, it's only a few yrs old as compared to the rest of the hotel.

Is hilton's poolside sheltered? Guess you have to strike a balance lor ;P

matchstickgal

Hi Hi strawberry,

did your coordinator explained to you about the package and tell you what are the hidden cost? For my, he explained everything clearly to me so i know very well now what is my hidden cost. In this case, the printing of the cards and beverage.

honey_greentea

matchstick, yes there is a small ballroom by the poolside, which is very nice view from the room lor. hey do u intend to have long table setting? rendall told us that they did long table setting b4 @ straits room and it's really nice! but number of guests have to be limited to 84 ppl only... and provided buffet is served..

matchstickgal

Hi Hi Greentea,

I have seen the long table settings before and i should say its really beautiful however the number of guests will be limited so i can't go for it. For that settings, what i know is we can either go for western meal, buffet spread or dunno what asia menu which is portioned individually. Don;t quote me on that hor ;p cos me forgotten le. hehe check with your coordinator again la. he shld be able to advise you better de.

honey_greentea

matchstick, i liase with Rendall lo. yeah he told us about the limits for long table setting also. it;s really unique but i doutb its feasibility, i.e. the old folks wil like it?

matchstickgal

Hey sis Greentea,

i am also liaising with him too and he shared with me on the long table settings which personally i liked it alot but cant do it sue to the number of guests i have. sigh.. how i wish i can have that as it's something unique. maybe i shld try cut down the number of guests to accomodate my wish. ;p

jaskin

Was about to sign up with The Fullerton but was told by my coordinator that they can't reduce the tables to 30 for a Fri night in Nov - Dec period. Anyone managed to reduce theirs?
Have to either upgrade menu or just purchase 35 tables.

cheesecakefan

Hi J,

Happened that i had a little time so i scrolled thru the forum since its been a while since i last logged on. I had the same problem as what you are currently facing. Well guess this is something which we can't do much about it esp when we do not want to upgrade the menu or have the min requirements.

The last i spoke with my coordinator, he had tried his best which i know as he was chasing for me on the outcome. Due to the reason that is why i dropped the idea of having dinner but instead went on with lunch.

superfamous

does fullerton offer special rates if you want to book their rooms for your guests? i have several out of town guests that i need to settle accomodation for.

jaskin

Liting, really don't feel like a lunch. It I had a day wedding I'd be at Amara Sanc which is nicer for a day wedding.

They should have special rates but check with sites like expedia... Could be cheaper then their special rates

honey_greentea

notsuperfamous, the special rates they quote me are as follows:
$298.00++ per room per night with ABF for 2 persons (This will be for local residents and with a minimum booking of 7 rooms)
$348.00++ per room per night with ABF for 2 persons (This will be for oversees guests and with a minimum booking of 7 rooms)

superfamous

Greentea, who was the coordintor that quoted you?

how come got different rates for overseas & local guests? :\
think i will ask my coordinator nearer the date, maybe economy worse so they will give better prices :p

honey_greentea

yalor.. i was surprised also to see the different rates between local & oversea guests. well, this quote is for next yr january la, cos my AD will be ard that time...

hee jere's wife, i booked my date with Fullerton 1.5yrs in advance. And even though it was seemingly v early to book the dinner, I had to make do with an available date they had
happy.gif

min0511

wow....1.5 yrs in advance....then am i consider lucky...or maybe my date is not very popular...i book 9 mths in advance only...

superfamous

i booked mine almost 1.5 years in advance (about 16-17 mths). they still had plenty of weekends for me to choose in my 2 shortlisted months =)

leidyornot

hey all, i have a query not directly on Fullerton...

Has anyone used Fullerton's resident florist - Woodsville? Or has any couple already chosen the flowers etc for their dinner at Fullerton? Any comments or anything to share abt their service / decor etc? Thanks!!

junegirlie

Hey Fullerton Brides, do you know if they offer any other coloured chair seat covers besides black and white? I'm not very keen on either, but it seems those 2 are the only choices....sigh..

matchstickgal

Hey Junegirlie,

Seems like they are the only one that provide 2 choices for seat covers as i had asked around a few other hotels and they only have the white ones.

junegirlie

matchstickgal: Oh ok...didn't know that. thanks
happy.gif

leidy: im only using woodsville's designs for the standard tables but using another florist for the VIP tables and stage decor as i feel their style is quite plain leh..

leidyornot

junegirlie: really? dang. may I know the name of the other florist that you're using? do they have a website? can PM me if you wish. Thanks!

peaberry

Any Fullerton BTBs ordered real wedding cakes for their celebrations? Am just wondering about the prices of the cake 'cos my coordinator quoted me $75 per kg. Their plating fee is $2 per guest if I bring in my own cake... :/

rain82

Hi all,

I'm currently considering Fullerton hotel as my wedding venue.
Can anyone share with me e package like for wkdays n wkends in e grand ballroom.
Thx a lot.

babypie33

thanks! i went down and my partner said it seems fake flowers. but i dun think hotels will use fake flowers. im very please with fullerton and may sign up with them!

babypie33

hi retsel

is it possible? i have not discussed the package with the coordinator yet. but i dun think i will change, unless i find something i like outside.

superfamous

you mean the favours? we enquired and they offered us free corkage for a certain number of wine if we are not taking their favours. cant remember exactly, need to go back to check.