Terrible experience with MUA - Sherly Tham

xqyan

Screenshot_2016-10-07-10-15-41.png Hi,

My name is Yan and my AD was on Oct 1 2016 (wedding lunch). I hired this mua introduced by my sil and she was supposedly to be my sil friend.

I texted her on 7 aug 2016 for confirmation and she appeared to be nice initially and offered for a free trial for my bridesmaid but my bridesmaid thought it was not necessary since they had busy schedules.

1 week before my AD, her responses was very slow and did not answer our questions when one of my bridesmaid asked her to share her past works. I tried calling her many times but she did not answer until 1 day later, telling me she is busy with work and when I asked her if the MUA appointment is confirmed and she said yes.

It was supposed to be a perfect wedding with all ur bridesmaid having the same hairdo and nicely madeup for perfect photo was ruined by her. On 1 Oct, instead of informing everyone in the grpchat that she lao sai, she private texted me at 315am and disappeared thereafter. We tried calling her and texting her but her mobile phone is off.

No solutions given, no apology, no explaination. I cannot imagine if this MUA is engage for my own make up on my AD, and she just decided to go MIA like this.

There's already so much things to be taken care of for a wedding and this had to happen on my AD. I feel so sorry for my bridesmaid and myself that we have to go through this saga becos of this irresponsible and unprofessional self-proclaimed makeup artist. Till today, there is no sorry and no explanation from her. To her, I'm having a diarrhea and I cannot come, full stop. She left us all at lurch without knowing what to do a wee hours of 4am. Seriously who will think that she is legit with her diarrhea? We ain't 3 yr old kids here. If you want someone to go MIA for you impt day, Sherly Tham is the one for u. Number 1 in gg missing and not giving a single thought of how she ruined one's big day.

Please kindly help to spread this around.

Attachments

• IMG-20161006-WA0011.jpg
    IMG-20161006-WA0011.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG-20161006-WA0012.jpg
    IMG-20161006-WA0012.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 92
  • FB_IMG_1475806609648.jpg
    FB_IMG_1475806609648.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 95

View attachment 32155 Hi,

My name is Yan and my AD was on Oct 1 2016 (wedding lunch). I hired this mua introduced by my sil and she was supposedly to be my sil friend.

I texted her on 7 aug 2016 for confirmation and she appeared to be nice initially and offered for a free trial for my bridesmaid but my bridesmaid thought it was not necessary since they had busy schedules.

1 week before my AD, her responses was very slow and did not answer our questions when one of my bridesmaid asked her to share her past works. I tried calling her many times but she did not answer until 1 day later, telling me she is busy with work and when I asked her if the MUA appointment is confirmed and she said yes.

It was supposed to be a perfect wedding with all ur bridesmaid having the same hairdo and nicely madeup for perfect photo was ruined by her. On 1 Oct, instead of informing everyone in the grpchat that she lao sai, she private texted me at 315am and disappeared thereafter. We tried calling her and texting her but her mobile phone is off.

No solutions given, no apology, no explaination. I cannot imagine if this MUA is engage for my own make up on my AD, and she just decided to go MIA like this.

There's already so much things to be taken care of for a wedding and this had to happen on my AD. I feel so sorry for my bridesmaid and myself that we have to go through this saga becos of this irresponsible and unprofessional self-proclaimed makeup artist. Till today, there is no sorry and no explanation from her. To her, I'm having a diarrhea and I cannot come, full stop. She left us all at lurch without knowing what to do a wee hours of 4am. Seriously who will think that she is legit with her diarrhea? We ain't 3 yr old kids here. If you want someone to go MIA for you impt day, Sherly Tham is the one for u. Number 1 in gg missing and not giving a single thought of how she ruined one's big day.

Please kindly help to spread this around.

Omg! That's really bad! Really irresponsible of her!!

fussybridetobe

omg this is terrible. thanks for sharing, this is what I'm worried too. I'm also sourcing for mua for my big day. if this happens on my big day :eek:

xqyan

omg this is terrible. thanks for sharing, this is what I'm worried too. I'm also sourcing for mua for my big day. if this happens on my big day :eek:
Yes! I was really disappointed and upset with her. Prior to that, I can somehow sense she is not very keen when I texted her 2 days before my AD. She took like more than 6 hours to reply 1 single message.

Anyway, you might wish to consider this MUA. I engage her for my mom and MIL make up that day and she is really good!

Name: Joyce

Just let her know is recommend by Karen and Yan :)

maggies

oh dear, even makeup artist also can be this bad :(
thanks for sharing the experience, so must really look for reliable person

xqyan

oh dear, even makeup artist also can be this bad :(
thanks for sharing the experience, so must really look for reliable person
I guess for such a important day, is really alright to splurge a little more. I really learn my lesson.

Minkishly

Omg, that really sucks. So your bridesmaids all had to do their own make up? What a horrible person. Even if you give her the benefit of the doubt that she really had diarrhea, surely she could at least have given you advanced notice. I'm sure diarrhea doesn't magically happen right. She should have been travelling to your home by the time she messaged lor. o_O So irresponsible. This kind of unethical vendor really ought to be blacklisted, thanks for sharing!

xqyan

Omg, that really sucks. So your bridesmaids all had to do their own make up? What a horrible person. Even if you give her the benefit of the doubt that she really had diarrhea, surely she could at least have given you advanced notice. I'm sure diarrhea doesn't magically happen right. She should have been travelling to your home by the time she messaged lor. o_O So irresponsible. This kind of unethical vendor really ought to be blacklisted, thanks for sharing!
super sucks and sian lor. 1 day before my wedding, I texted and called her many times also no reply. And she waited like more than 4 hours then reply me a single message. If you don't want do, then don't promise people in the first place right? Her diarrhea confirm is fake one... if you really diarrhea you no need to switch off mobile immediately after the message. She blocked all my jiemeis and my calls. Till now no news no sounds from her. sibei jialet