Tasmania Anyone?

choochoo

hi,

can anyone advise if it'd b cheaper if i'd take a self-drive package fr chan brothers or it'd b cheaper if we're to book the hotels, car n air tix separately? thanks!

amazing

hi choochoo,

I am trying to book best of australia package with Quantas (Jetabout).. still waiting for them to confirm. When are you going tasmania?

amazing

hi choochoo and midas,

I planning to go this dec. The website is http://www.bestofaustralia.com.sg/Tasmania/Index.asp

I have been trying to find out about the packages, hotels, prices etc.. been corresponding with Jetabout. But info not complete yet. But they trying their best to help.
When I go Chan bros to ask about this package, they just say I should wait till Natas... they do not have details yet. Maybe Jetabout is linked to quantas... main distributor of best of australia.. so more helper. :p

midas

hi faith,

oh...i've seen this site b4..the pkg too brief(3-5D) lor. i wanted to do about 9-10D in Tas leh..n we not driving, quite hard to find such land pkg online haiz..

amazing

Hi Midas,

Oh.. I am getting two packages... making up to 10 days.. Hobart, Launston, Cradlemountain and Freycinet.

If you do not want self drive.. then you gonna go to the tours groups.

Self drive will have more flexibility of time and itinery though. ;)

midas

faith,
i know OZ is self-drive frenly...but hubby dun hv license n me is the excited one tat wants to take pix of scenery during rides..i can't be driving n taking pix at the same time mah..so self-drive is out for us till hubby make up his mind to learn driving someday
sad.gif

pumpkin_patch

Hi folks!

Just came bk from my 14 days self-drive trip to Tassie on 25th May. Went on a round trip starting & ending in Launceston. Fantastic sceneries esp. along coastal areas like Coles Bay, Tasman Peninsula, Mt Wellington & also Cradle Mountain & Dove lake region. And yes, it's v. cold too cos it's approaching winter when we were there! Seafood there like scallops & prawns were extremely fresh too.. so were the air & water! Also visited places like Seahorse World, Bridestowe Lavender farm, Cataract Gorge, Richmond, Sorell fruit farm (to pick strawberries), Cadbury Choc Factory, Bicheno Penguin Tour, Freycinet Sea Cruises, Russell falls, Tahune airwalk, Port arthur, West Coast Wilderness Railway, Marakoopa Cave, Trowunna Wildlife park..etc! Overall, had a really great time there! =)

Btw, for those doing self-drive, just to share that there's lotsa windy roads everywhere in Tas, esp. the drive from Hobart to Queenstown which took abt 6hrs! So do start early & also drive carefully. Ans most importantly, always rest to take a break if tired
happy.gif

kerenelu

Hi all,

me planning for a self drive trip to tasmania dec this year.. starting to plan now.. probably 10 days trip.. do PM me.. i need itineraries!!

milo66

Hi KK,

Remember me? Hehe me going tassie too but will be in Feb next year
happy.gif
Will share with u my planning once i am done with it...

pumpkin_patch

Btw, the 6hr drive I mentioned abv was from Hobart to Strahan. From Queenstown to Strahan is abt 1hr away.. v. windy road so do start ur journey earlier if u plan to go there from Hobart
happy.gif

kerenelu

hi milo,

ya!!! still remember u.. haha... guess wat? i was just back from adelaide last monday.. first self drive experience
happy.gif
Funnnnn!

Hmmmm but if i go 2 times aussie this year very siao hor? So i am keeping my options open.. perhaps Japan or Korea lor.. wanting F&E too, but scared language problem leh.

Milo, u can PM me if u dun get my reply here... i seldom check singaporebrides :p

Hi,

am planning for a trip to melbourne and tasmania fr 14-28 Oct. Planning to spend abt 8 days in tasmania and 4 days in melbourne.

anyone has recommendations to share on the itinerary in tasmania?planning to take domestic flight, either starting with Hobart or Lauceston and going back to melbourne frm the other..

and good and nice accomodation suggestions?

Thanks