Taiwan photoshoot. Any advice?

Mid0r1

Going for my shoot soon, so excited!
Bought shoes and Nu bra over the weekend. Gonna buy casual shirts and lens-less spectacles for the boyfriend in taipei.

Which bridal did you go with?
Which part of Taiwan are you going?
Remember to share your experience with us?
Ok?

piget.wei

Hello BTB,

I took up a local bridal package inclusive of taiwan pre-shoot and AD gowns, flying off end Mar, hopefully can take some 樱花 shots.

Wanna asked, do you all have any recommended hotels stay ah.. Headache over it.

floralovee

Hello BTB,

I took up a local bridal package inclusive of taiwan pre-shoot and AD gowns, flying off end Mar, hopefully can take some 樱花 shots.

Same here! I'm also flying end Mar for PS. Can consider airbnb. Otherwise for hotel u can consider cityinn.

Littlesoul

Hello BTB,

Hi Flora,

You can consider researching on TripAdvisor cause i find their reviews truthful and accurate. I used it to decide my hotels during my stay in Taiwan.

I just came back from my PS in Kenting in late February. There were 樱花 back then but it's safer to check with your bridal shop if the period that you are flying over are there still 樱花 cause if i remember correctly, they only last 2-3 weeks.

Littlesoul

I am going to Kenting to have my wedding photo shoot! I am very excited about it!

Any places to share for Kenting?

We just came back from PS in Kenting and we only stayed there for the view. We went to Mei Li Dao station there for the Liu He night market for 2 nights. There got plenty of eats. Other than that we explored the malls such as the 梦时代 (Dream Mall) also. 85大楼's Sky Lounge left me with a deep impression though. The pricing is really worth it for the food quality and awesome night view we got there.

tulipkiss

Which bridal did you go with?
Which part of Taiwan are you going?
Remember to share your experience with us?
Ok?

Signed up with Bluebay. Went to shoot at Taipei, yangmingshan area.
The experience was good. I'll probably share more in Bluebay's thread when i settled back down in sg..

tulipkiss

Hello BTB,

Have you discussed with them which area u can shoot the 樱花? My shoot was last week at Yangmingshan area, and the 樱花 were mostly gone.. :/

What's your budget for accomodation? For 3-4 stars accom at Taipei main station area, I've tried iTaipei and Cityinn (VP room), personally prefer iTaipei. It's right above the station and very spacious!
If you're looking at ximending area, Hotel Puri and Innhouse are both value-for-money choices.

justame

Have you discussed with them which area u can shoot the 樱花? My shoot was last week at Yangmingshan area, and the 樱花 were mostly gone.. :/

What's your budget for accomodation? For 3-4 stars accom at Taipei main station area, I've tried iTaipei and Cityinn (VP room), personally prefer iTaipei. It's right above the station and very spacious!
If you're looking at ximending area, Hotel Puri and Innhouse are both value-for-money choices.
Hi tulipkiss what's the weather like in taipei now? :) I'm going over in end March. What would you advise as essential items to bring along?

tulipkiss

Hi tulipkiss what's the weather like in taipei now? :) I'm going over in end March. What would you advise as essential items to bring along?

10-17 deg cel for the past week. and raining/drizzling almost daily. check yahoo weather for the temp before you go over, pretty accurate.

bring usual coldwear essentials: scarf, knit/fleece, coats, and boots if you have. prepare raincoat if it's still rainy by the end of march.

as for wedding shoot, nothing much to prepare.. bring comfy shoes and pants to wear underneath your long gowns.
show the stylist photos if you have any makeup/hairstyle preferences..

justame

10-17 deg cel for the past week. and raining/drizzling almost daily. check yahoo weather for the temp before you go over, pretty accurate.

bring usual coldwear essentials: scarf, knit/fleece, coats, and boots if you have. prepare raincoat if it's still rainy by the end of march.

as for wedding shoot, nothing much to prepare.. bring comfy shoes and pants to wear underneath your long gowns.
show the stylist photos if you have any makeup/hairstyle preferences..
Thanks! Did you enjoy yourself? :)

Did you find that an adhesive bra was necessary by the way?

tulipkiss

Thanks! Did you enjoy yourself? :)

Did you find that an adhesive bra was necessary by the way?

It really depends on your gowns. For me, not necessary because the gowns i've selected are pretty normal, so the usual strapless bra would have worked the same for me.
but Nu bra is more convenient if you're changing many gowns (gown selection) since it adheres better.
I bought mine from Tangs btw, $69 and pretty comfy.

tulipkiss

For those who had your albums shipped back to singapore, how much were the shipping costs?

I'm thinking of asking the studio to keep the albums until i go back to Taipei for holiday end of this year/early next yr, then bring them back myself.. lol..

bearine

Was told $60sgd, but I pay about $80. For a big frame and album. I needed them to be displayed during the wedding banquet.

PS. my experience with the taiwan BS is much better than the one in SG. Even though both are $_$ monsters. :oops:

tulipkiss

Was told $60sgd, but I pay about $80. For a big frame and album. I needed them to be displayed during the wedding banquet.

PS. my experience with the taiwan BS is much better than the one in SG. Even though both are $_$ monsters. :oops:

i'm thankful Bluebay didn't hardsell us. thou my SO voluntarily bought alot of photos cos he likes all of them.. -_- now we end up with 2 albums (100 photos) and a 32" canvas.. plus little things like small album, behind-the-scenes album, a ferris wheel photo frame.. they couldn't gauge the shipping cost too yet, was told to expect up to $400-500. i can buy a discounted SQ round tickets liao with $500.. shun bian top-up abit to holiday..

i don't have experience with singapore BS yet thou :p

i'm thankful Bluebay didn't hardsell us. thou my SO voluntarily bought alot of photos cos he likes all of them.. -_- now we end up with 2 albums (100 photos) and a 32" canvas.. plus little things like small album, behind-the-scenes album, a ferris wheel photo frame.. they couldn't gauge the shipping cost too yet, was told to expect up to $400-500. i can buy a discounted SQ round tickets liao with $500.. shun bian top-up abit to holiday..

i don't have experience with singapore BS yet thou :p

Fioeve here. Will be gg to taiwan in end may. My co-ordinator is Maggie fr Bluebay. She is a nice lady. Who is ur co-ordinator? I plan to buy the uneditied soft copy photos at $25/pic at min of $450. This means 18 photos. Any idea is this the normal rate?

Starleaf

Fioeve here. Will be gg to taiwan in end may. My co-ordinator is Maggie fr Bluebay. She is a nice lady. Who is ur co-ordinator? I plan to buy the uneditied soft copy photos at $25/pic at min of $450. This means 18 photos. Any idea is this the normal rate?
There is an option to buy unedited copies? I signed with bluebay too. .

There is an option to buy unedited copies? I signed with bluebay too. .
Yes babe. I was advised by a friend who signed up w Bluebay back in 2012 saying they could be very hard sell. So was advised that they can sell soft copies. & i asked my coordinator. She said it can be done at a min purchase of $450/$400 at each $25/unedited or $30/$35 edited.

Starleaf

Yes babe. I was advised by a friend who signed up w Bluebay back in 2012 saying they could be very hard sell. So was advised that they can sell soft copies. & i asked my coordinator. She said it can be done at a min purchase of $450/$400 at each $25/unedited or $30/$35 edited.
Thanks for sharing! !

tulipkiss

Yup mine was Maggie too. Over in TW was Karian, a very cute and genuine girl..

Yeah they have packages for softcopies at 20 pieces, 60 pieces and 100 pieces at slightly less than $25/pic, $20ish/pic, and slightly less than $20 respectively..

floralovee

Hi BTB! I jus wrapped up my PS ytd and it was super fun and tiring. Will give a review of my BS soon! Thankfully, this week onwards are sunny days and great for PS! Enjoy those BTB who are going to tw soon!

jojo24

i chose cangai and just went during march..
their photography skills are good and service as well..
maybe you can consider,,

Starleaf

That's good to hear! My studio only starts work at 1.30PM every day. We arranged it such that after photo selection, we will catch an evening flight back to SG. The studio insisted that we do not have enough time to select the photos..

OYHZ

That's good to hear! My studio only starts work at 1.30PM every day. We arranged it such that after photo selection, we will catch an evening flight back to SG. The studio insisted that we do not have enough time to select the photos..

What time is your flight? My photo selection was the 130pm slot too (with bluebay), and we left the studio only at around 10pm.. Perhpas cos we're the indecisive type? hehe. Went through 3, 4 rounds of filtering.
Not just photo selection for the album, you will also need to choose the photo for the canvas, album covers, ferris wheel and small album. Other than that, we had to sign on each selected photo to confirm our selection and indicate any edit requests for each individual photo.

I think the coordinator doesn't want you all to feel rushed during the photo selection in order to catch your flight..

Starleaf

What time is your flight? My photo selection was the 130pm slot too (with bluebay), and we left the studio only at around 10pm.. Perhpas cos we're the indecisive type? hehe. Went through 3, 4 rounds of filtering.
Not just photo selection for the album, you will also need to choose the photo for the canvas, album covers, ferris wheel and small album. Other than that, we had to sign on each selected photo to confirm our selection and indicate any edit requests for each individual photo.

I think the coordinator doesn't want you all to feel rushed during the photo selection in order to catch your flight..
Flight is at about 9pm I think.. coordinator didn't say anything and we happily assumed that we could start choosing the photos late morning.. guess I may have to choose the photos in sg instead..

OYHZ

Flight is at about 9pm I think.. coordinator didn't say anything and we happily assumed that we could start choosing the photos late morning.. guess I may have to choose the photos in sg instead..

Ohh.. :/ Bluebay did tell us that their daily appointment slots are at 1:30pm or 4:30pm during the pre-trip discussion, regardless of gown fitting or photo selection..

Perhaps we're too fussy.. And we selected 100+ photos, that's probably why we took so long. You may be able to finish by 6pm if you're not the indecisive type? :) Can bring your baggage to the studio, so that you can leave directly after the photo selection.

Alternatively, are you able to change the date of your photo selection? If not, since you can't change the flight timing/date, better arange/confirm with the studio beforehand if you can do all these selections in SG instead. Cos not only photos, you also need to choose the album cover design/type (i think got 6-8 designs to choose from), album layout (3 templates to choose from) and the complimentary desk photo frame (about 6 designs available), and the 30" photo frame (more than 20 designs)..

Starleaf

Ohh.. :/ Bluebay did tell us that their daily appointment slots are at 1:30pm or 4:30pm during the pre-trip discussion, regardless of gown fitting or photo selection..

Perhaps we're too fussy.. And we selected 100+ photos, that's probably why we took so long. You may be able to finish by 6pm if you're not the indecisive type? :) Can bring your baggage to the studio, so that you can leave directly after the photo selection.

Alternatively, are you able to change the date of your photo selection? If not, since you can't change the flight timing/date, better arange/confirm with the studio beforehand if you can do all these selections in SG instead. Cos not only photos, you also need to choose the album cover design/type (i think got 6-8 designs to choose from), album layout (3 templates to choose from) and the complimentary desk photo frame (about 6 designs available), and the 30" photo frame (more than 20 designs)..
I see! Thanks for the advice!

Mid0r1

Hi Ladies.....
I will be flying to Taiwan next month...
Finally....
Anyone else going next month too?

Please also share your experience and advise....

Thanks!

Hi Ladies.....
I will be flying to Taiwan next month...
Finally....
Anyone else going next month too?

Please also share your experience and advise....

Thanks!

Gg to TW in late May. i have just finalised TW itnerary w BS a week ago.

My shoot routes are
-阳明山瀑布
-大屯花会农场
-马街教堂⛪️
-淡水沙仑

Its a 14-days trip there for pre-wed shoot & holiday. My planning process is getting on the track since proposal on 24/12/14. I managed to lose some fats b4 the shoot & still losing.

Some places I will b gg include:-
- 西门町
- 士林夜市
- 宁夏夜市
-阳明山温泉♨️
- 淡水渔人码头
- 淡水老街

台中
-薰衣草森林
-新社古堡
-逢甲夜市

南投
-清境农场 or
-阿里山

台北
- 九份
- 金瓜石
- 金童
- 基隆

Mid0r1

Gg to TW in late May. i have just finalised TW itnerary w BS a week ago.

My shoot routes are
-阳明山瀑布
-大屯花会农场
-马街教堂⛪️
-淡水沙仑

Its a 14-days trip there for pre-wed shoot & holiday. My planning process is getting on the track since proposal on 24/12/14. I managed to lose some fats b4 the shoot & still losing.

Some places I will b gg include:-
- 西门町
- 士林夜市
- 宁夏夜市
-阳明山温泉♨️
- 淡水渔人码头
- 淡水老街

台中
-薰衣草森林
-新社古堡
-逢甲夜市

南投
-清境农场 or
-阿里山

台北
- 九份
- 金瓜石
- 金童
- 基隆

Share your tips on how to lose weight....
I need to lose weight asap!!!

Hey Mid0r1, cut carbohydrates, take more water and commit on different types of workout like kickboxing, aerobics, pilates,swimming, cycling etc. Do not stick to 1 type of workout. Works for me. Lost 6 kg & still maintaining for the past 7 yrs. Bt last 2 yrs, due to work, reduced workout & less disclipined eating habits, my weight keeps going up 3-4Kg (48-49 kg). Lost 1.5Kg over 2 mths cos cut carbs thru BodyReveso. Cos I still look 'meaty' with flabby areas, currently doing cupping sliming & hope to achieve higher metaloblism rate & toning.

Mid0r1

Hey Mid0r1, cut carbohydrates, take more water and commit on different types of workout like kickboxing, aerobics, pilates,swimming, cycling etc. Do not stick to 1 type of workout. Works for me. Lost 6 kg & still maintaining for the past 7 yrs. Bt last 2 yrs, due to work, reduced workout & less disclipined eating habits, my weight keeps going up 3-4Kg (48-49 kg). Lost 1.5Kg over 2 mths cos cut carbs thru BodyReveso. Cos I still look 'meaty' with flabby areas, currently doing cupping sliming & hope to achieve higher metaloblism rate & toning.

Thanks for the tip.

Due to an accident I had 2 months ago... I can't do much sports at the moment.
But I will give swimming a try.

OYHZ

Babes, Bluebay advises me to buy nubra fr them than get it fr other source. Any 1 bought fr Bluebay b4? Fioeve

It's for convenience i guess, but not compulsory. I bought mine from Tangs.
Do note that it's better to bring it over during your gown selection too.. Having it on makes it easier for the gown coordinator to help you with the fitting..

Would like to share on my pre-wedding photoshoot with Bluebay Wedding with all the pretty couples out there! Read a lot about Bluebay Wedding in forums and decided to email our local Bluebay Wedding team, where Chloe was assigned to answer my queries. She is quick to respond and able to throw in suggestions and provide more details on the pre-wedding photoshoot package(s) available even though I did not have any idea where my photoshoot destination would be initially. In the end, after much researching, I decided to hold my pre-wedding photoshoot in Taiwan due to the positive reviews and that Bluebay Wedding had its own office in Taiwan too!

Bluebay Wedding was the first (and last) bridal studio that my fiance and I had visited for my pre-wedding photoshoot, and on our first face-to-face consultation (around November 2014) with Bluebay Wedding at Delfi Orchard Singapore, we had immediately signed up the package with them. A lot of freebies were also thrown in to entice us to sign up with them on the same day. Upon signing the package, I would advise to start looking at some flight promotions for the month you intend to do your pre-wedding photoshoot. I had quickly arranged with Chloe (around December 2014) to liaise with her Taiwan colleagues to book my pre-wedding photoshoot on 27 April 2015 when I came across the flight promotion to Taiwan via FlyScoot (SGD250/pax).

And so, off we flew to Taiwan on 25 April 2015! Our appointment for gown fittings & selection with Bluebay Wedding was at 1pm. We were asked on the kind of background/atmosphere/style we preferred and the overall shoot we desired. In the end, we decided on doing all outdoor shoots mainly at Yangmingshan and Danshui. Upon deciding on the shooting location, we were ushered to another nearby building for our gown fittings & selection. I was served by Guan Hua (冠华), whom suggested many different gowns for me to put on. She is really dedicated in her profession where she had helped me to change in and out of at least 20 gowns of all different designs and colours. Altogether, I chose 5 gowns for my photoshoot – 2 white, 1 pink, 1 black, and 1 red. Afterwhich, we proceeded to another nearby store to try out the men’s suits (1 black and 1 white) which I would say had a limited selection. My fiancé topped up about SGD100 for the suits more to his liking, but in the end, we did not wear their suits as he found them to be oversized even after taking the measurements. For us, the whole process of confirming on the photoshoot location and gown fittings & selection took about 2 to 2.5 hours.

2 days later, on Monday, 27 April 2015, we reported to Bluebay Wedding promptly at 8am. My makeup artist (MUA), Jia Ning, started on my makeup and hairdo promptly at 8am. She introduced herself and roughly told me what to expect from the photoshoot, such as the payment for 6 ampoules (2 for the groom, and 4 for the bride). As for my hairdo, she explained to me that the photoshoot locations we selected did not have any power point for her to use the hair curler/straightener to change my hairdo drastically. So she could only improvise my hairdo for the 2nd to 5th gowns based on my 1st hairdo since the 1st hairdo was the only one that she could make use of the hair curler/straightener at Bluebay Wedding in the morning. After my makeup was done, Jia Ning’s assistant brought me to try on the gowns that I have selected 2 days ago. This was to make sure that all my gowns fit me perfectly. 1 of the gowns was still loose and it was altered immediately by the Bluebay Wedding team. While I was trying on my gowns, Jia Ning started on the makeup and hairdo for my fiancé (Yes, guys need to put on makeup too!).

Oh yes, while Jia Ning was doing my makeup for me, our photographer for the day, Dolby, also introduced himself and asked me the gowns I would like to wear for the different photoshoot locations, and what kind of poses or styles we preferred. To be honest, we did not know that the gowns we selected have to fit our photoshoot locations, and so, we just roughly mentioned our expectations and Dolby and Jia Ning suggested the gowns and photoshoot routes for us.

When all was done, we set off at around 10am for our first photoshoot location. The entire team consisted of Jia Ning and her assistant, Dolby and his assistant (Wen Zi), and a driver who was engaged by Bluebay Wedding. We went to five different outdoor photoshoot locations – a temple, the forested area of Yangmingshan, a lake within Yangmingshan, a church at Danshui, and a beach at Danshui.

Overall, coupled with the good weather, the photoshoot went well with this awesome team! Dolby was professional in requesting for us to pose naturally for the shots while his assistant, Wen Zi, also helped with the light reflection etc.. Jia Ning and her assistant helped to touch up on our makeup, changed my gowns for me, and do whatever she could to give me a different hairdo for the different gowns and locations. Was very touched to have such a dedicated and professional team to be of service to our photoshoot! The entire photoshoot took about 9 to 10 hours in all. We returned to Bluebay Wedding around 7:30pm/8pm.

And came the day (4 days later after the photoshoot), when we could finally view the highly-anticipated photos! This time round, Lily 姐 attended to us and guided us on how we could select the deck of 253 photos by separating them into 3 different categories – (i) the photos we did not want, (ii) those we might want to consider, and (iii) those that we had to have. The unedited photos turned out really beautiful and it brought back memories instantly on how a certain shoot was done. Every photo speaks of the hard work the team had put together for this end product. Lily 姐 even bought us the pearl milk tea from the popular 50岚 in Taiwan! Hehe. Surprisingly, photo selection took longer than expected, from about 1:30pm till 6pm. Lily 姐 went through the details of viewing the photos online 2 weeks from our photo selection day, and how we could go about to inform them of the necessary edits. Lily 姐 was really patient and was not pushy at all. In the end, we signed up for 20 additional photos on top of the existing 36 photos that we had. Hehe!

Overall, I have to commend on the professionalism and superb customer service that the Bluebay Wedding team had provided us during our pre-wedding photoshoot. Would definitely recommend their top-notch service dedication for all our local couples out there! : )

Oh wow Peanut butter, my HTB & I are gg to Tawian for photoshoot. We are w Bluebay too! Flying off 25/5/15 & shoot on 27/5/15. My photographer is Dolby too! Thanks for sharing!