Taiwan photoshoot. Any advice?

sunshinebride

I am also planning to do my pre-wedding photoshoot in Taiwan, but cant decide which, is May a good month to go to Taiwan? Hot or cool?

I am also planning to do my pre-wedding photoshoot in Taiwan, but cant decide which, is May a good month to go to Taiwan? Hot or cool?

Hihi,
I'm also planning to go taiwan for the shoot ard end September this year. Also not sure about the weather. Hopefully not rainy as I see the past yr October onwards shld be sunny. *share share tq

This can be a rough guide of the weather in Taiwan. I am planning to go in early May cos I wana to aviod June. Heard that can b hot & even warmer than Singapore.

Attachments

• 1423136783340.jpg
    1423136783340.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 27

Mid0r1

Hi ladies....
I am heading for Taiwan on 13th May... For my PS.
I will be going to kenTing -> taipei.

I wouldn't recommend going Taiwan from ~late May , early June onwards...
It's gonna be hot!!! I think the hottest months will be July & August...
All my friends who have gone during these periods complain...

I went last February.... It was an awesome trip.

If ya going beitou for hotspring I suggest you forgo it....

Also I didn't really enjoy my time in taichung, maybe I had a really high expectation.

Let me know if you girls need more info.

Hi ladies....

Also I didn't really enjoy my time in taichung, maybe I had a really high expectation.

Did u go to bei tou before how isit?

Mid0r1

Yupyup.....
I did....
Depends on what you wanna do there?
If it's for hot springs then I would suggest elsewhere. I can't stand the sulphuric smell. It's really bad.....
( ;´Д`) ( there are other odourless hotspring)

Beitou mainly for hot spring & their main attraction is the "hell valley" *i think that's what's called*

I think the place is overrated..

If ya going there for sightseeing only then ok.... Just so you know... It's a long walk to the hotspring area from Beitou line, especially if ya walking in winter and it's drizzling....

Hihi,
I'm also planning to go taiwan for the shoot ard end September this year. Also not sure about the weather. Hopefully not rainy as I see the past yr October onwards shld be sunny. *share share tq

hi there, i went for my photoshoot in tw last year. went in mid-end oct. was blessed with awesome weather during the photoshoot so the photos turned out really pretty. october is still bit warm though. almost like singapore, but less humid. hope that helps!

Han2_wong

Hi ladies....

I am going to Kenting to have my wedding photo shoot! I am very excited about it!

Any places to share for Kenting?

Mid0r1

I wil be at tai chung for 4 day 3 night and tai pei is 3day 2 night
Chewy.....

I don't like taichung but that's my personal opinion Lah.....
If I m not wrong my driver told me taichung weather is like Singapore weather throughout......

So I can't advise you on taichung...
However, if you need help with taipei I have a whole list of stuff.
1st up... What you wanna do in Taipei?
Shopping , sightseeing or alittle of both.

Mid0r1

If ya 1st timer....
I recommend Shilin & Xinmending night market....

Wufenpu for clothings but avoid mon , weekends and another day(can't remember).....

I feel you should go 九份 & 十分 too.
9 - for local goods
10 - for romantic lantern

The time frame ya going should be good.... Nice cool weather

If you don't mind me asking...
With bridal package ya with?

pejn17

Hello BTB, I just came back from TW.. Very satisfied with my photo shoot, 丽舍时尚婚纱! :)
Braced ourselves through winter, and it was drizzling + the strong wind, just for the cherry blossoms and it turns out to be very pretty!

I had a very basic package for 22 poses on 24" albums and all those misc things that they usually give for free.. 2 suits for groom, but not by 丽舍, was from a neighbor shop which specialized in Man's Fashion.. 5 gowns for bride, I had 1 white + 4 evening gown..

Additional cost was Car Rental (SGD120 for first 4 hours, additional hour at SGD23), quite not worth it la, as we only went 2 places and spend 80% of the time at 谈水庄 with an entrance fee of NT3000 for 5 pax.
And MUA to follow at SGD270... Really worth the price for her service as she is very detailed and meticulous... Her make up and hairdo skills are good!
Zero cost for fun loving photographer whom is really skilled and the capable assistant.. :)

Having said that I had only 22 poses, we topped up 1k for additional 26 poses + 10 soft copies..
And of cause they will try to sell you more la, who wont.. be firm to just delete the photos which you and your htb don't like lo..

I collected my 2x photo frames and ferris wheel and my 30" canvas wall photo frame with photo la, from them before my departure.. can cut down on freight cost.. :)
Cheers!

floralovee

Hi! I'm gg taipei on 1st Apr for photoshoot! May I know any nice scenery to go and what are the location charges? Thanks!

tulipkiss

Hello BTB, I just came back from TW.. Very satisfied with my photo shoot, 丽舍时尚婚纱! :)
Braced ourselves through winter, and it was drizzling + the strong wind, just for the cherry blossoms and it turns out to be very pretty!
I had a very basic package for 22 poses on 24" albums and all those misc things that they usually give for free.. 2 suits for groom, but not by 丽舍, was from a neighbor shop which specialized in Man's Fashion.. 5 gowns for bride, I had 1 white + 4 evening gown..
Additional cost was Car Rental (SGD120 for first 4 hours, additional hour at SGD23), quite not worth it la, as we only went 2 places and spend 80% of the time at 谈水庄 with an entrance fee of NT3000 for 5 pax.
And MUA to follow at SGD270... Really worth the price for her service as she is very detailed and meticulous... Her make up and hairdo skills are good!
Zero cost for fun loving photographer whom is really skilled and the capable assistant.. :)
Having said that I had only 22 poses, we topped up 1k for additional 26 poses + 10 soft copies..
And of cause they will try to sell you more la, who wont.. be firm to just delete the photos which you and your htb don't like lo..
I collected my 2x photo frames and ferris wheel and my 30" canvas wall photo frame with photo la, from them before my departure.. can cut down on freight cost.. :)
Cheers!
that's a good idea.. i think i should collect those misc freebies instead of shipping them over too :)
but your 30" canvas wall photo was done so quickly??
1k for additional 26 photos works out to be only 38+ per photo?
quite a good deal.

pejn17

that's a good idea.. i think i should collect those misc freebies instead of shipping them over too :)
but your 30" canvas wall photo was done so quickly??
1k for additional 26 photos works out to be only 38+ per photo?
quite a good deal.

Yup, we went there for 10 days.. photoshoot was on day 2.. And were able to select our photos on day 3... processing and stuff.. we went down to collect our items on day 9.. Just bear in mind to buy extra check in baggage weight.. that weighed almost 4.5kg..

We got the deal for 26 photos @1k, or 15 photos @ 780 (i think).. Of cuz the the former was a better deal la.. Have a budget in mind so that you won't spend too much... they will be there to tell you.. oh all these photos so nice.. why you want to delete them.. it's a once in a life time thingy... but just ignore them la.. hahas! choose what u want will pen it down.. :)

tulipkiss

Yup, we went there for 10 days.. photoshoot was on day 2.. And were able to select our photos on day 3... processing and stuff.. we went down to collect our items on day 9.. Just bear in mind to buy extra check in baggage weight.. that weighed almost 4.5kg..

We got the deal for 26 photos @1k, or 15 photos @ 780 (i think).. Of cuz the the former was a better deal la.. Have a budget in mind so that you won't spend too much... they will be there to tell you.. oh all these photos so nice.. why you want to delete them.. it's a once in a life time thingy... but just ignore them la.. hahas! choose what u want will pen it down.. :)

i'm gg for 10 days too! shoot is on the 4th day and photo selection on the 9th day.. so i think i can only carry back the freebies without any albums..

i don't think i can ignore successfully if they try to "hardsell" gosh. *pray hard*

Mid0r1

For mine I don't think I can cut back on freight charges as my bridal already told me the album and all will take 2 weeks to be ready?

tulipkiss

the bridal studio coordinator told me to let my fringe grow to the nose tip level (last month). my photoshoot is in 2 weeks time and ye my fringe is still above eyes :( :( :(

the bridal studio coordinator told me to let my fringe grow to the nose tip level (last month). my photoshoot is in 2 weeks time and ye my fringe is still above eyes :( :( :(
I just trimmed my fringe last night (side band fr above eye to nose tip) last night cos its very irritating my fringe at nose tip since Nov thou hav been advised to keep it that way till my shoot in May.

Mid0r1

where's a good place to get nu bra for the photoshoot?

There are 2 options:
1. Online shop
2. Shopping mall such as Tangs, metro, Bugis, Far East plaza.

It all depends on your price point.

Anyways has anyone done the PS @ kenTing & Kaohsiung yet?

Do share your experiences?

Thanks

tulipkiss

There are 2 options:
1. Online shop
2. Shopping mall such as Tangs, metro, Bugis, Far East plaza.

It all depends on your price point.

Anyways has anyone done the PS @ kenTing & Kaohsiung yet?

Do share your experiences?

Thanks

flying in a few days' time.. don't think online purchase can reach in time. have bought a pair from FEP in the past, but it doesn't really stick and fit well. i don't have much boobs to begin with and the nu bra couldn't help push-up :(
gonna try Tangs and maybe Isetan for better ones, thanks for the suggestions midori!

anyone wore normal strapless bra for photoshoot before? if the design of the gown is not too revealing, it should be fine to have normal strapless bra as long as it doesn't show right? i feel safer with normal ones :/

floralovee

Just wan to ask if any of you bring props over or your own bridal bouquet and floral headpiece?

Please share what have you prepared to bring over for photoshoot as mine will be in 1 month time!

tulipkiss

Just wan to ask if any of you bring props over or your own bridal bouquet and floral headpiece?

Please share what have you prepared to bring over for photoshoot as mine will be in 1 month time!

Not intending to bring any props or accessories. The bridal studio also told us not to bring accessories as they will provide.
Will just bring some strappy heels in cream, silver and white. and a pair of nude covered heels.
And my engagement ring, lol.

Mid0r1

flying in a few days' time.. don't think online purchase can reach in time. have bought a pair from FEP in the past, but it doesn't really stick and fit well. i don't have much boobs to begin with and the nu bra couldn't help push-up :(
gonna try Tangs and maybe Isetan for better ones, thanks for the suggestions midori!

anyone wore normal strapless bra for photoshoot before? if the design of the gown is not too revealing, it should be fine to have normal strapless bra as long as it doesn't show right? i feel safer with normal ones :/

I bought mine from Tangs,
It's not bad, the only problem is that it doesn't make your boobs look realistic.
It could be also that I am a heavy top. ImageUploadedByForum1424854092.581384.jpg

where's a good place to get nu bra for the photoshoot?

i got mine from triumph. 59.90. can wear for your AD as well.

i only brought a chalkboard over as i wanted some shots with the wordings. bridal bouquet and floral headpiece all provided by the BS.

tulipkiss

Going for my shoot soon, so excited!
Bought shoes and Nu bra over the weekend. Gonna buy casual shirts and lens-less spectacles for the boyfriend in taipei.

tulipkiss

May I know where you bought your bridal shoes? I'm gg in end of Mar! Excited too!

Far East Plaza. Level 2 or 3 has many shoe stores concentrated - Anna Nucci, Covet, Trendy Zone.

I have also checked out Isetan, Tangs, Robinson and Marks & Spencer, and a small portion of Bugis, but didn't see any suitable shoes for wedding shoots. You may save time by just going down to FEP directly :)

Mid0r1

Going for my shoot soon, so excited!
Bought shoes and Nu bra over the weekend. Gonna buy casual shirts and lens-less spectacles for the boyfriend in taipei.

Which bridal did you go with?
Which part of Taiwan are you going?
Remember to share your experience with us?
Ok?