Taiwan photoshoot. Any advice?

Han2_wong

Hi all Brides and Btbs!
Just to ask, anyone of you intend to go to Taiwan for their pre-wedding shoot? Or have any experience (good or bad) before? There are always roadshows in Mall that promotes Taiwan pre-wedding photography and it seemed rather tempting.

I am still considering whether to go overseas or local because
1. I am concern with the prices. Like does it cost more?
2. I've read some stories online from others saying that when they sign from the sales person through roadshow, what was promised turns out to be a fraud and there seemed to be other hidden cost!
3. Whether to sign from those Taiwanese boutique in those roadshow or to sign with a local shop that could take us overseas.

Argh!!! So many questions in my mind! And these are only like part of the preparations. (T-T) I've been trying to do some "research" over the forums, the more I read, the more confuse my choice is.

Can anyone kindly advise?
Thank you!

BerryDreamy

My replies to your questions as below :)

1. I am concern with the prices. Like does it cost
The packages are def cheaper compare to local ones. But is excluding air tix and hotel. For us, we treat it as a vacation and we travel by budget airline and our hotel are kinda reasonable price.

The TW package i sign also offering local shoot, price will be the same whether u shoot in TW or SG. This applies to the bridal i engage not sure about others.

2. I've read some stories online from others saying that when they sign from the sales person through roadshow, what was promised turns out to be a fraud and there seemed to be other hidden cost!
Depending which bridal u chose? I sign up with Bluebay and they were upfront with me on the additional cost required (eg: ampoule, transport) during sign up. No hidden cost at all.

3. Whether to sign from those Taiwanese boutique in those roadshow or to sign with a local shop that could take us overseas.
I advice u to shortlist a few and do some researching before u confirm.
So far i know bluebay and chang ai are more of the popular ones for sporeans.

For me, me and htb really are impress with bluebay service, not pushy at all and always have the smile from the day we sign up till we choose the photos. I would really recommend them if u are selecting a tw bridal.

Hope tat helps!

Using SingaporeBrides app

kaldorei

1) I can't answer this question as I didn't compare the prices.

2) This really depends on the bridal studio. For example , my studio told us what were the costs that were not included in the package, such as
a) ampoules which cost 500 TWD per bottle ( we bought our own ampoules and the MUA was happy to use it),
b) bringing the MUA out with you which cost 5000 TWD, ( this is important for me, as that way my hair style will be different for all the gowns, however I have seen some brides at my bridal studio who will come back to the studio to change gown and hairstyle each time to avoid spending the 5000 TWD, but this will only work if you take photos in Taipei city itself)
c) transport which cost us 2400 TWD for the first 5 hours and 400 TWD / hour after that. The transport will provide some necessary items such as a tent for you to change gowns and stool for you to sit while the MUA change your hairstyle and touch up your makeup.
d) entrance fees if you choose to take photos for some places such as Tatun flower farm or cafes

3) I can't answer that question as we liaise directly with the bridal studio in Taipei.

But ultimately, as to whether you want to take photos in Singapore or Taiwan, it also depends on whether you want to have gorgeous sceneries that cannot be found in Singapore. I have seen albums at my bridal studio that have really beautiful pictures taken in Cingjing and Taitung. But as these require several hours of traveling, expenses will be higher as you will need to spend a night there. There are beautiful sceneries that can be found just outside Taipei as well and some Taiwan bridal studios like mine have gorgeous indoor studios as well. One thing that Taiwan will loose out to Singapore is the night scenery in the city as the scene in Xinyi area cannot be compared to the city night scene in Singapore.

One thing you need to take note, is that some Taiwan studios sort their gowns into several categories. At my studio, the gowns were divided into gowns for photo takings, and gowns for AD which were further divided into three categories depending on the number of time it was used ( basic, higher end, VIP). Hence if you liked the gown from the AD section and wanted to use it for the photoshoot, you would have to pay to do so.

Overall I am quite happy with my bridal studio as there was no hard selling, in fact, while choosing the photos, my coordinator left us alone to choose in peace and when we were done, she did not try to persuade us to buy more at all. During the photoshoot, the photographer assistant would take a few photos of my hairdo and makeup once the MUA was done to show me how it would look like on photo before proceeding with the photoshoot. The photographer also managed to capture the different styles that we wanted, 復古 look for some photos, the rest elegant and classic and nothing cutesy.

kaldorei

Sorry for the late reply. My bridal studio is http://www.isfelicity.com/. The manager have mentioned to me before that they have participated in bridal fairs in Singapore, but I can't be certain. Another thing you must consider is that, if you sign up with a Taiwanese bridal studio for the photoshoot, most likely you would have to buy a separate AD package which will increase the cost.

ping81

I went to taiwan for my photoshoot in May. On the day of the photoshoot, it rained the whole day. There were many places such as the beach n waterfall which I had shortlisted to go but didnt get to coz of the rain. And I couldn't reschedule to another date as it would mean the photographer may not be available. Plus, i was not staying that long in taiwan to arrange for another date. End up I had to settle for alot of indoor shots.... :(
Anyway when your photos are ready for you to choose, they will persuade you to top up the number of photos on your package so that there will be at least a min number of pages on your album to look nice and thick.

BerryDreamy

As for me, It was raining on the day of my shoot too but more like drizzling and is very dim. We actually met 寒流 on the day of the shoot too...means rain and temp was 5 degree

We still proceed for outdoor shoot and we were worried if the photos looks wet and dull...surprising it was not what we thought and it turns out great.

My SA did not push me to top up, she just let us know what are the prices for topping up and leave us alone during selection and discussion..they are still nice enough to buy us lunch when we are selecting photos!

Hmmm, went Taipei for pre wedding shoot. Didn't regret it, was really a v good trip including the shoot.

Price - usually they are v upfront with the additional charges. Just that you need to really bargain hard for the package.
Ampoules, bridal makeup artist to follow, vehicle $, price per pic etc…
We ended up spending quite a fair bit cause we took all the pics but my friends kept it within their number of pics or at most top up a few cause the crew were really nice to them

My advice - write down what you want and bargain hard for it. (i.e. number of pics, cost if add on, whether can resize the package to include pics up front, soft copies, cut the $$ - keep saying v exp)
If they are too pushy, walk away… there's always another bridal fair
Learnt the hard way :p

Pls also ask about actual day package - gowns, MUA etc
we took a package with Taiwanese boutique so all AD is not included. need to source for another package for AD which is definitely more exp overall if you take one that include pre wed and actual day
Although they allow us to get their gowns, the shipment fees to sg and also i can't try the gown before AD (they base on the measurement that they took during the pre wedding phase) makes it quite hard

Jia you! Jia you!

joantay

Dear all,

Wanting to sell off our Taiwan wedding photoshoot package from 法国巴黎 due to some personal reasons.
Its a prestigious wedding company located in Taipei city, and some actors/actresses had engaged their services as well!

The package costs only $2,000 with validity till 18 November 2019. That was the price that we paid for and there will be no other costs involved for transferring of package!

The package includes:-
- 18" wedding album (30 poses)
- 30" canvas photograph with carved frame
- 400 exquisite 'Thank you' cards (if you do not need these 'thank you' cards, you may change it to a 10" crystal frame)
- Crystal frame for 10" photo
- Soft copy of all selected photographs in CD-Rom
- Bride's exquisite wedding gown and evening gown (you can select 5 gowns, no restrictions on designs/types)
- Professional make-up and hair-do (5 styles)
- Bridal veil, hair ornaments and gloves provided
- Groom's tuxedo and formal suits (2 sets)
- Groom's waist cummerbund, shirt and boutonniere
- Studio shooting and outdoor scene shooting for 1 whole day (no limitations to the number of places to go to, as long as its within a day!)

Additional/extra charges:- (non-compulsory!)
- Additional photo at SGD65 per photo
- Transportation (NT500 per hour)
- SGD230 for makeup artist to follow you for outdoor scene shooting
- SGD25 for each ampule (you may bring your own!)
- Freight charges for photo album to be delivered (SGD$10/kg + 12pct surcharge)

Freebies:-
- 4" x 5" 20 piece album
- Signature scroll or booklet (you may select 1 out of the 2; can be used on your wedding reception!)
- Ferris wheel photo frame

Do feel free to email me at [email protected] if you are interested.
Thanks!:)

D_L

I just came back from my photoshoot from tw abt 2 weeks ago! In my opinion, taiwan photographers are awesome. Even thou i did not have any local ps, but hearing from my frns and looking at the photos, i believe i did nt make the wrong choice. During the signing of the package they mention what need to pay additional means that (make up artist to follow and the rental of van), no hidden cost. The things they promise to give as freebie they will also! During my photoshoot day, taipei was raining and my photographer suggest to go another place. But it turn out well too as they will remember what type of things u are looking for (e.g the style, or what u must shoot with). My photographer ask me which type of style i wanted (e.g cute, formal blah), i told him i want a mixture of everything. And he did it! Overall, im very satisfied with my photoshoot in tw. I took a package from 丽舍时尚婚纱. Before we sign, we did not do any research on this bridal shop or compare the prices. The staff, photos was good, freebies was good and me and my hubby took on the spot and paid in full for it.

If u and ur htb have the budget to go tw for the photoshoot plus trip, do consider tw!

Last edited:

Han2_wong

Hm... As for budget, we're planning around 3.5k - 4.5k for a total package.

So far I'm still trying to figure out which one offers a reasonable price with great quality. So far I've researched from overseas Taiwanese companies, they really offer lots of items! But I've also heard that when you sign the package might be ard 1.5k but when you exit out, it may be more than that because of all the "hidden cost".

Haiz.... Planning is hard, getting the best deal that you feel is even harder. I've still have not look for my wedding venue yet. :(

Hm... As for budget, we're planning around 3.5k - 4.5k for a total package.

So far I'm still trying to figure out which one offers a reasonable price with great quality. So far I've researched from overseas Taiwanese companies, they really offer lots of items! But I've also heard that when you sign the package might be ard 1.5k but when you exit out, it may be more than that because of all the "hidden cost".

Haiz.... Planning is hard, getting the best deal that you feel is even harder. I've still have not look for my wedding venue yet. :(

I understand your feeling. My friend took taiwan package from tiffany at taizhong. Hers is 4k package includsive of
5 gowns and 5 suits
2 days of shooting
50 photos
Photo album(1 big 1 small)
400 thank u card with 4 different design of your photoshoot
And a lot more.

I went there with her together with my bf the service is super good, they really listern to your needs. There are hundreds of gown to chose. The make up is dam nice.
its worth the money to spend.my bf and I also signed their package but will take our photoshoot next year

Han2_wong

I understand your feeling. My friend took taiwan package from tiffany at taizhong. Hers is 4k package includsive of
5 gowns and 5 suits
2 days of shooting
50 photos
Photo album(1 big 1 small)
400 thank u card with 4 different design of your photoshoot
And a lot more.

I went there with her together with my bf the service is super good, they really listern to your needs. There are hundreds of gown to chose. The make up is dam nice.
its worth the money to spend.my bf and I also signed their package but will take our photoshoot next year

Wow! 4k for the whole package or just photoshoot? Can you kindly share more details of your friend's package?
Please pm me or email me at [email protected]

Thanks!

Oh.. the package is only for pre photo shoot. .
But if u are looking for pre and actual day I can recommend u to try bluebay as they have an outlet in singapore

Nope.
I did do some research about bluebay it was as good as tiffany.. even I cant sign their package as I sign tiffany I would strongly recommend this 2 bridal shop. For bluebay its easily to go and see their wedding fair.

U can actually take your time and ask them more details when u want to sign and always try to push for more free stuff;)

Han2_wong

Hm... So far I've not heard much of Tiffany, I've heard more of Bluebay from my friends.

However, I don't mind keeping my options open. Hahaha! I've been to BOWS. I applaud those couples who could sit through all the booth because after sitting at the first few booth, me and my htb gave up because the sales personal was really pushy and we have to sat through like an hour I think for each booth. As we were walking down, we walking down, we were constantly asked to seat down for an introduction. Very scary experience. Hahaha!

I understand your feeling. I been though it before what I have learn is do not rush to sign the package even the sale person push u. I think they have a target to hit daily on the roadshow.

For the tiffany u can go to their facebook and find out more or can even ask them when they are coming over to singapore for the roadshow.

D_L

i spend more than 4k in my pre-wedding shoots in tw (does not include AD). my package was 3k+ plus the top up (2.5k) i did during selection. But it was worth it. I total selected 100 + 10 (non edit free from bs), 40 poses in 18 inches album, (top up from 30 poses in 15 inches album), 1 bed frame photo, 1 poster, 1 table frame, 1 qian ming chou (for guests to sign during banquet), 300 thank you cards. Hard to resist not to top up. I total took about 260 photos i only selected 100 photos. If i have the budget, i will take back all.

For 丽舍时尚婚纱, i took during natas fair, so if you are interested, u can go and see during the fair. I guess they will be here during the fair. i gt a friend who took during natas fair last yr too (if you are not rushing for it). I total have 5 gowns (2 white + 3 evening gowns) to chose from. And the staff are very well trained. U just have to tell them your preferences (e.g color or style) and they will bring for u to try.

As for the air ticket and hotel, we paid from our own pockets. Our hotel the bs booked for us thus it would be cheaper. We take this chance to go tw for the ps and pre-honeymoon. :D

During the photoshoot day, the only thing u need to pay is if there is an assistant who follow u out (to help u change gown and hairstyle - recommended as htb would be tired to help you) and the van rental. THATS ALL. trust us, we have been through it already. I find the bs in tw is not like sg they have the hidden cost. Bluebay has local outlets u can go and see. 藏愛 you can shoot in tw as well. I took a AD package with them and i m satisfied with them as well from seeing their services for my rom.

Last edited:

BerryDreamy

I took my pre wedding photo with bluebay and AD with a local bridal. Reason i did not sign AD with bluebay cos i personally felt the gowns at SG are limited for my build. However the selection at TW is soooooo much better!

i would say bluebay service standard exceeded my expectation. They were NOT pushy at all and they really have u in their minds. They even bought us meals during the shoot and the day we select out photos. It was very cold during our shoot, the MUA will always cover me with a jacket after we shoot for a pose...super thoughtful!

They even let us to discuss in private whether do we want to top up the photos. Not pushy at all.

I wun say my local bridal tat i sign for AD is not good. But i can really feel the difference in service standards. Thumbs up for them!

Han2_wong

I took my pre wedding photo with bluebay and AD with a local bridal. Reason i did not sign AD with bluebay cos i personally felt the gowns at SG are limited for my build. However the selection at TW is soooooo much better!

i would say bluebay service standard exceeded my expectation. They were NOT pushy at all and they really have u in their minds. They even bought us meals during the shoot and the day we select out photos. It was very cold during our shoot, the MUA will always cover me with a jacket after we shoot for a pose...super thoughtful!

They even let us to discuss in private whether do we want to top up the photos. Not pushy at all.

I wun say my local bridal tat i sign for AD is not good. But i can really feel the difference in service standards. Thumbs up for them!

BerryDreamy, mind pm me the local company that you sign up with? So that at least I can take note off. >.<

nganmei85

signed up la fatte from Taichung (they have road show quite often in SG)
definitely not the cheapest among Taiwan bs, but the service was good
spent sgd5k for the package plus top up (total 93 poses all edited)
personally not super satisfy with the hair style but must admit is my own fault not making it clear what kind of hair style I prefer (I left to the MUA to decide)
photographer is senior (they called him 总监), we got him FOC which is included in our package we can choose may PG
he isn't too patient but he did guide us to pose and caught angle that we will look good (I got 皱眉problem when smile@@)
staffs are good, bought us food and show their concern, touched by a girl who gave me aloe Vera to me cos got sunburnt during ps
we went Ching jing for ps, additional charges required as we went to Ching jing the night before ps
were told upfront about all the charges (transport to Ching jing, hotel for us and crew in Ching jing, MUA and transport fees)
gown selection was a great experience as you have a personal room to try the gown (only the bride and HTB plus two staffs will be there), full privacy
definitely it costs much more than taking full package from local but if you prefer natural scenery, it will be a good choice
have fun

limkx

Hi, I am going to taiwan for my wedding photoshoot in dec. Any suggestion of places to go for photoshoot? I would love flowers, white structures(Mediterrian style) and I saw picture of water chapel, lake. I was thinking of location with no entrance fee but the company code me $300+ for the transport so I might consider to just call for a cab to go to those 真爱桃源摄影基地 (entrance fee 3000 nt) for a full day and get all my photo shoot there b4 calling another cab to go back...any recommendation of which might be cheaper. I am also veri afraid of wet weather as I already have many indoor shoot in singapore. I wan nature in taiwan

Hi, I am going to taiwan for my wedding photoshoot in dec. Any suggestion of places to go for photoshoot? I would love flowers, white structures(Mediterrian style) and I saw picture of water chapel, lake. I was thinking of location with no entrance fee but the company code me $300+ for the transport so I might consider to just call for a cab to go to those 真爱桃源摄影基地 (entrance fee 3000 nt) for a full day and get all my photo shoot there b4 calling another cab to go back...any recommendation of which might be cheaper. I am also veri afraid of wet weather as I already have many indoor shoot in singapore. I wan nature in taiwan

did u sign up with a tw-based bridal studio or a local studio who's going to tw with u?
which part of tw are u going? mine was in taichung...

limkx

I sign up with a local bridal shop and they do not have any shop at taiwan. I have to bring my own gown and everything over myself. There is a free lance make up artist and photographer there. My location is at Taipei

kaldorei

For my bridal studio, transport was 2500 TWD for the first 5 hours and 500 TWD after that for every hour if I remembered correctly. Depending on where you go, it may be more practical to have your own transport for the whole day especially if you want to go to more than one location. Beside taking the transport provided by the company, the other option is to book a taxi for the whole day, it may be cheaper. But for my experience, the pros of have the company transport is that they provide a tent for you to change, stool to sit while the MUA do the hairstyle and makeup and the vehicle is bigger than the normal sedan. Furthermore, if the photographer have an assistant to help him, there will be a total of five passengers not including the driver, so you have to get a taxi that can sit 6 people, not to mention, the photographer equipment and your props if you decide to bring some along will take up space as well.

December is usually a rainy period and even if there is no rain, the chances of a grey sky is quite high. Some of the nature places that my bridal studio recommended around Taipei was Yang Ming Shan (which have several nice locations, but need a car to get to the different locations in Yang Ming Shan such as 黑森林), 水尾漁港 for pictures of the sea with cliffs, Yehliu for the rock formations, Datun flower farm (大屯花卉農場) which has a lot of different set ups like boat, piano, church, lake, Shimen wedding plaza (
石門婚紗廣場) for the Mediterranean style structure.

tulipkiss

For those who did your photoshoots overseas (I'm taking in taipei with bluebay), how many days in advance do you recommend for us to reach taipei?

bluebay told us just need to go down one day before the shoot to pick gowns. however, i'm thinking of going down two days before so that they have time to alter the gowns i've chosen. and in case i can't decide on the gowns, i have one more day to do so.

in that case, we need to arrive in taipei at least 3 days before the shoot. any advices/comments on that..?

BerryDreamy

For those who did your photoshoots overseas (I'm taking in taipei with bluebay), how many days in advance do you recommend for us to reach taipei?

bluebay told us just need to go down one day before the shoot to pick gowns. however, i'm thinking of going down two days before so that they have time to alter the gowns i've chosen. and in case i can't decide on the gowns, i have one more day to do so.

in that case, we need to arrive in taipei at least 3 days before the shoot. any advices/comments on that..?

I engage bluebay at taipei too.
1 day is enough for gown selection, the alteration is very fast.
We engage 1 day for shoot and the photos are ready for viewing abt 2 days later.

For me, i reach a day earlier, 2nd day for gown selection and 3rd day for shoot.

U may want to let them know your stay at TW, normally they can deliver within the period when u r there.

Happy shooting!

tulipkiss

I engage bluebay at taipei too.
1 day is enough for gown selection, the alteration is very fast.
We engage 1 day for shoot and the photos are ready for viewing abt 2 days later.

For me, i reach a day earlier, 2nd day for gown selection and 3rd day for shoot.

U may want to let them know your stay at TW, normally they can deliver within the period when u r there.

Happy shooting!

Thanks for your quick reply! :) i just booked my flight to arrive in taipei 3 days before the photoshoot. gave alot of buffer time hahaha.

day -3 arrive in the evening
day -2 select gown
day -1 buffer for alteration or select gown
day 0 photoshoot
day 1 pick photos
day 2 buffer for picking photos lol
day 3-5 travel.

"U may want to let them know your stay at TW, normally they can deliver within the period when u r there." you mean they will deliver the photos to my hotel??

BerryDreamy

Err..no, they dun deliver to ya hotel haha

What i mean they will rush for u too see the pics before ur return,
so no worries that they are unable to show u the photos.

Btw it took me 6 hours to choose all the gowns, they are quite professional and normally will pick those that suits ya body

limkx

Anyone has any contact for those car use for wedding photoshoot transportation. I am trying to source for my own one instead of using wat they recommend me coz I feel that $300+ for the transport is too expensive

Thanks for your quick reply! :) i just booked my flight to arrive in taipei 3 days before the photoshoot. gave alot of buffer time hahaha.

day -3 arrive in the evening
day -2 select gown
day -1 buffer for alteration or select gown
day 0 photoshoot
day 1 pick photos
day 2 buffer for picking photos lol
day 3-5 travel.

"U may want to let them know your stay at TW, normally they can deliver within the period when u r there." you mean they will deliver the photos to my hotel??

u catered a lot of buffer time! but that's good. cos i feel mine was really hectic... took 8hrs to choose gowns, 12 hrs to select photos. by the time i was done with the photoshoot stuff, i was so tired to tour the rest of taiwan. do cater more time to select photos cos u need more time to stare at the photos and decide if you should select them. lol. i only had 1 day to choose and succumbed to pressure by selecting too many photos >.<

tulipkiss

u catered a lot of buffer time! but that's good. cos i feel mine was really hectic... took 8hrs to choose gowns, 12 hrs to select photos. by the time i was done with the photoshoot stuff, i was so tired to tour the rest of taiwan. do cater more time to select photos cos u need more time to stare at the photos and decide if you should select them. lol. i only had 1 day to choose and succumbed to pressure by selecting too many photos >.<

i'm a very slow person by nature. so usually will cater more buffer than a normal person needs. haha! besides, two of my closest friends had problems with bluebay recently, so i thought it might be safer to have more time there to negotiate and sort things out face-to-face if anything do happen.

oh dear i'm also afraid of selecting too many photos! better note down a list of (10) reasons to remind myself why we shouldnt add on any more photos than the package amount!

kaldorei

I signed up w bluebay too. Will be taking in march.. any special tips to note/ bring?

Some of the things that I can think offhand are prepare some photos on your desired makeup, hairstyle to show the MUA, also research a bit on the locations you want to go to and what sort of feel you will want at each location.

Bring drinking straw to use with the water bottle, ampoules for makeup, props to use in photo, black shoes for the groom, heels and a pair of flats for the bride, nubra, button down clothes so that you will not need to pull the clothes over your head when changing, thick jacket as it can be quite cold in march, cash to pay for the transportation if you are using the bridal studio's

Also, dye hair or touch up the roots a week before the photoshoot, use little or no hair conditioner the night before the photoshoot and do a manicure for the photoshoot.

Han2_wong

Hi all!

Went to the bridal fair at Suntec yesterday. Frankly speaking I was a little disappointed because I was expecting it to be bigger. :( Anyways, there were only I think like... 6?7?8 bridal boutiques? Didn't see any banquets there.

Didn't sit through all as my main focus is to go Taiwan for pre-wedding shoot. Saw 3 bridal studios with Taiwan photoshoot, BlueBay, Lisa Belle and Cangai and decided to go to these 3. After hours and HOURS of listening and negotiating to all 3, we decided to sign up with Cangai as they manage to fulfill what we want, which is they includes actual day package. Also becos they have a shop locally too so it make me feel more at eased. :)

Hope I did make a right choice! Am excited as we plan to go during May next year!

For those who are still looking, perhaps you could head down today as it's the last day. Then again, if you are looking for banquets at the same time, don't bother to because the fair is rather small and quiet.

Does anyone has Taiwan itinerary to share? I am going in a couple of months time for PS + Holidays together but has no itinerary to work on because the last time I went was 3years ago. Appreciate if you could send to my email [email protected] thank you babes!

I also going on march for photoshoot. So far will be staying at taichung for photoshoot for 4days. Going to the cingjing farm, sun moon lake and not forgetting yizhong jie and fengjia night market.
After that will be going to taipai for the rest of 3day. Going to beitou and some shopping area taipei.