Taiwan Bridal Shop, Mikan Photo Studio

meichengtan

Hi does anyone know about this bridal shop?

today i just signed a package with them at expo and am quite worried its a scam as i didn't see anyone talking about it and i have made full payment of it.. anyone? pls advice!

garyting

Hey Mei Cheng! I've signed up with them too 2 weeks ago when they were in Northpoint for a roashow. I thought i was alone....
sad.gif
Glad to find someone else here!
happy.gif

I've also made full payment. Who did u talk to? Jovi Chou?

meichengtan

yeah! i'm glad i have someone too cause i browse many places and didnt see anyone talking or asking about it!

and the worse part was paying full!

anyway, i talk to a lady! her name is yu jie! not sure her english name..

so when you going and when is your wedding?

i'm going after my wedding because actually i had my photo shoot with a local bridal shop early this month and i had look at my pics but wasnt really satified with the pics.

so will be going taiwan for honeymoon(which my hubby always wanted to go!) and my bonus will be the photoshoot!
happy.gif

am hoping to go next year march!

garyting

Hello Mei Chang! Congrats!
happy.gif

Which local studio did you engage?

I liaise with a guy named Jovi. I believe he’s the photographer.

We haven confirm on the wedding date yet. Should be some time late next year. =) We should also be going around next year March. Hehe..

So which package did you take up? The honeymoon photography package or the Wedding package (royal package)?

meichengtan

congrats to you too!

i engage to bliss bridal.. i felt was my make up made me look old.. the only satified pics are when i am far away from the cam.. haha..

oh! better decide on a wedding date fast! esp hot dates and weekends. my wedding is on 10.10.10 and i book in the end of last year and every hotel was full and end up settling in a nice restuarant which i was satified.

haha.. thats nice.. maybe after the ps we can meet up and go eat or something in taiwan.. haha..

i took up the true love one because i have already had a photoshoot so just have a memory and a small book lor..

you??

garyting

haha icic..

I took the Royal package de lo..

Which restaurant you booked? I'm also going for restaurant. Qianxi Hilltop.
happy.gif
But I haven book yet cos haven confirm the date. Waiting for the tongshu. keke..

Just curious, what makes you take up Mikan since you've never heard of them before? For me, I gong-gong de leh.. the guy say until ma jiam I cannot find a better deal elsewhere.. so my bf and I sign lo.. but when I came back and do research, I don't find it very fantastic lor..
-_-|||

meichengtan

i see!

i book the qianxi hilltop! i think we think quite similar.. haha.. because the enviroment is quite good right? haha

erm well, at first we never thought of another photoshoot.. till we saw at expo. Because my hubby been crazy pesting me in going for taiwan for the honeymoon(which actually i didnt want because i been there), then the person was like asking us to just listen even we did the photoshoot, so we did and find it quite nice and the price is quite worth it and i was very close with the promotor,she even say she will bring me out in taiwan if she is there. Just like you i didnt did any research at all.. all i did was base on trust!

and so i made a deal with my hubby, he get his honeymoon and i get my ps(which i wasnt satisfied in singapore).

i know there are other place with lots of other taiwan bridal shop that people are talking about. And because our bridal shop only open in 2008(i guessed base on website). so hopefully the gown and everything are more new..

btw, i did start up another topic in flowerpod that someone posted saying their experience with our bridal shop. i will post another. see what you think? seems ok to me i guess!

meichengtan

Hello all, I signed up a package with them 2 weeks ago in Iluma Shopping Centre and now I'm back! Don't worry, it's not a scram. I thought it was as well cos, i signed up w/o any hesitation. I signed up the package with them on Friday and i flew to taiwan the following afternoon. Luckily, nothing happened and i really had a wonderful time. Within a short period of time, they arranged all the logistics and upon touching down the taipei from taichung, i went to their studio, pick my gown and went outdoor shooting the next day.

It was a tiring full day as i've been to 5 different places. I requested to be different from the standard places which you saw from the promotional brochures and most importantly, i want to have the romantic feeling. Do note that the package we signed up is a standard package and at the end of the day, you will definitely ask for more photos to be included in the album which will be additional charges. I got to see my pictures 2 days after the shooting and it was terrific. Very different experience from the local bridal shop.

Btw, i would like to remind you that there are extra charges which you may wish to take note. Such as the ampoules lotion offered by the makeup artist which is appx S$25.00 per bottle and if you are taking outdoor shoot, you have to book a cab and pay paid abt S$180.00 for the whole day.

Everyone, including the make up artist, photographer, the production crew will follow you throughout the day at no extra charge. I paid additional $2k for this album as i increased another 40pcs of pictures into the album, rented a horse and their props van.

Rest assured on their service and enjoy your trip.

garyting

Ha! What a coincidence!! Yeah, I choose Qianxi cos the food is gd. My HTB and myself are more concern about the food quality. And of cos, its cheap! Kekeke..

I've signed up as member for a Taiwan Brides forum. (verywed.com) There are many nice photos there and u can use as reference. Jovi told us to look for pics that we like (or dont like) so he can shoot the same style (or avoid the kinds that we don't like)

I've known a bride from Taiwan from verywed.com who took up Mikan for her photoshoot. Overall her experience is gd too. She showed me her photos and its quite nice. Make up is natural and nice too.
happy.gif
Paiseh.. cant show u her pics cos she mentioned dun anyhow show others.. but all I can say is, its not nan2 kan4 de lor.. =)

I'm thinking of getting my own ampoules.. dunno can anot.. keke..

Ya.. Jovi got tell me about the price on the vehicle, ampoules. But he didnt tell me the crew follow at no cost!! Urgh.. But he waive it for me la. but increase the cost here and there..(i increase my photo selections to 50 and I am quite determine not to select any more!! Haha) I dun think i get a very gd deal lo.. but I sign up, just like u, based on trust lor.. haha...

Should have done my homework and taken more time to consider first.

Anyway, aleady sign liao so my HTB and I decide to make the best of it lo.. take it as a pre-wedding holiday. =)

freek

Hey Folks,

Me going to Taiwan for photoshoot end Jun.
Any idea whats the cost like for taking extra photos?

Thanks.

meichengtan

i see.. thats great! wow! 50 pcs.. thats so good.. i only have 30pcs.. damn! haha! well but your package is almost 1k more than me so mine so i guess.. you get better things.. haha!

they say if we can stay up to 10 days and above we can get it before we go back.. but must tell them in advance so they can prepare.. its better than paying for shippment and waiting i think!

hi thomas,

oh.. under this bridal shop too? it should be written on the paper they gave you.. i think original is 65sgd.. but they gave me 50 sgd!

i think the price is reasonable compare to sing. in sing i added 5 more pics and it cost me 85sgd per pic.. damn ex! and regretted!
sad.gif

ash_tree

Woo.. So glad is not a scam... I also signed up a package with Mikan photo studio at expo last sat... Same as Mei Tan... We also based on trust!!! We din go back to check and just signed on the spot...OMG!! After signing, then we came to realise a lot of things like is it a scam, does it exist in Taiwan blah blah blah... So glad is not.. Phew!
Anyway the guy who talked to us is Zheng. He told us that the props and crew will be FOC.. Din indicate the rest... Anyone can advise which are the months that will be best to go??

garyting

Hi Ashley,

Welcome to the Mikan Thread. haha...

I was told the best month to go is March, Apr, May, Nov and Dec.

ash_tree

Woo.. thanks..!! How much is your package anyway?
Does it include 2 free nites stay at one of the hotels? Anyway my HTB commented that someone complained about their services from their Mikan forum webby.. Kinda worried... Hmm...
Btw, did they mention a lady will be contacting us after we have signed up?

garyting

No leh!! Got free nights mah? Darn!!!!! He only told me he can get cheaper hotel stays for me due to the Taiwan Tourism Board thingy.. and somemore I have to pay for the transport. I pay $3k leh for the Royal Package. Then plus some other freebies like the cloth-material poster, small crytal album. Oh, and I increase 20more photos.

Ya.. a few Taiwan brides don't like them very much. Some say they take money liao then attitude change, some say very little choice of gowns etc. That's why a little regret initially. But now, just treat it as a pre wedding holiday lo..
happy.gif

Ya.. jovi also told me someone will contact us but until now no news leh..

ash_tree

Wah.. 3k?? A lot leh.. You paid full amount already?? I only paid the deposit.
Yes.. the person also got mentioned the Taiwan Tourism Board thing too! Cheaper hotels? The person told me that they will be giving us 2 free nites stay at Wego, which is a boutique theme hotel. I din ask for more photos.. I only remember my package includes:
- a 24 inch photo album with those kinda "piano" cover;
- 100 thank you cards + 100 bookmarks
- cloth- material poster
- one free big frame (those hang above the bed one)
- two photo frames (put at the sides of table)
- one small photo album
- 40 pics with 5+1 dresses...
The guy also indicate to open all dresses for me to choose. Transport I think is also FOC.
kao_confused2.gif

freek

Mine is 亞太麗緻婚紗, about 3K, 40 pics with quite a no of perks, 4 nites free hotel stay and free transportation.

tanss

Hi gals, i just signed up a package with this bridal shop at expo today too. Guess we all took a big gamble as we don't really know if it is a scam. We paid abt $3500 including return air tickets plus all the perks that Ashley mentioned. We got 3 nites stay at wego too. We paid the deposit. I also just signed up at the verywed.com. Hope to see some comments from the taiwanese brides.

meichengtan

welcome ASHLEY!
happy.gif

garyting: i'm not sure if i wanna get jetstar or SIA.. its our honeymoon so maybe go for something better.. i was asking my hubby better flight or better hotel.. so still discussing!

ashley: i was told the months were 3/4/5 as it is spring and 7/8/9 as it is autum.. not advisable to go on summer and winter..

garyting: you didnt get free night stay? i also got 1 night stay at wego.. should have convience them to give me 2 night..
sad.gif

well my package comprise of:

12" 30pcs photo album
20"x24" photo frame or canvas photograph
2 crystal frame 10"
cd-rom selected photos
7 bridal grown and evening gown
7 for groom
7 professional makeup+fakes lashes and everything
bridal veil, hair ornaments and gloves
studio and outdoor shoot for a whole day
additional photos 50sgd
plus bring along stylish for outdoor,props and transportation and lunch included
1 night stay at wego.

how abt your garyting?

thomas: i believe you are in a wrong thread.. there is another thread under your bridal shop.. you want to try getting advice there? cause we dun know anything about your shop.. no offence though.. just dun want to leave you out..

meichengtan

btw gals, this is what the bride told me again in another forum which she just got back from PS.. so take note!

Oh yah.. Just a reminder. The package does include men's suit. But be prepare to top up additional useless you prefer not to have slim fit cut to both pants and shirt. I spend additional NT$2000.00 just to upgrade with 2 vest and 2 tie. As we went unprepared, we went to Ximending to get proper pants and shirt. IMO, tell your SO to bring own shirt for better fitting & prepare basic colours like white, black and grey as it's easier to match what the bride will be wearing.

For the bride, please remember to bring your heels and NuBra. Otherwise, you will have to spend additional money.

garyting

Gd morning girls.. mei tan, I can't remember exactly what is included in the package. It's more or less the same as you girls but no hotel stay and transport.
sad.gif

ash_tree

Hi Tangs!
What?? Still have FOC return air tix??? We don't have it. They din mentioned abt the number of suits the groom has. Still waiting for their colleague to contact us...
We paid the package for <2500. Already paid $1500 as deposit..
Btw, did they mentioned that they are the top 4 bridal shop chosen by the Taiwan Tourism Board?

Thanks for the advise for the best months to go Taiwan!=)

ash_tree

Ooo.. poor garyting.. maybe wait for the lady to contact us and ask for more things? At least try to negotiate the transportation FOC for you...

tanss

Hi Ashley and MeiTan,
It's not free return air tickets. We have to top up another 1K to do so. Initially, he quoted us 2500 and since we want hassle free, so we asked if they can help with the air tickets too so he said can but need to top up 1k and he gave us another nite at wego. Hmm, i hope we can hear more advice from those who went.

tanss

Hi all,
Yup, they mentioned the taiwan tourism thing and also that they r the top4 in taiwan, but when i tried to search online, i couldn't find proof that they r in the top 4. Btw, the guy mentioned that we shd receive an email from them by mid-June as they will only go back with our orders in mid-june. So Ashley, we wait till mid-june and see how.

y_hwee

hi, anyone care to PM me to share their package with me? am interested!does all your package include flights and accomodation?

Thanks alot!

ash_tree

Hi Tang! Last sat my HTB received a call from them! Finally!! She did say that they will use via email to contact us once back in Taiwan.. Did you receive any calls from them?

garyting

Hi Ashley, did they mention anything else during that phonecall? And also, is she the one that you talked to in Singapore?

chocomeiji

Hi all,

I just signed up with Mikan too &amp; placed a deposit with them...But rather worried since the very few photos taken by them(other than those on their webbie) that can be found online are only so-so...Also read that they mainly take pets &amp; babies, so not sure if they hv enuff exp in bridal photography.. anyone can PM/email me if they hv any photos to share? Many thanks!

tanss

Hi ladies.
My bf received a phone call too from a lady said to be from the bridal shop and she said she would email us. However, we are starting to worry cos we have not received any email from them at all
sad.gif

I agree with Fion that their photos seem to be mostly on pets &amp; babies, dunno if they are that experienced with wedding photos
sad.gif

We are planning to go for our photoshoot at the end of the year. How about the rest of u?

chocomeiji

Hey babe..

ya..I can't seem to find much wedding photos taken by them other than those on their website..Bt i hv to agree that among most of the bridal studios...their prices &amp; packages are very competitive..N the only review i saw so far was tht Mikan was not too bad..bt there r qt a few ppl who r nt v happy with the end results too...

im plannin to go for our ps prob early nex yr..but now im considering if i shd switch to another BS called BlueBay instead..they hv so many positive reviews! N their fotos look fantastic!

adeleng82

Hi Fion

You are right. I got my friend in Taiwan to check out Mikan. Their main specialty is in pet and baby photography, hence the photography team wouldnt be too experienced with wedding photography. I wouldnt want baby poses for a wedding shoot (or worse, pet poses??)

Bluebay a lot of hidden charges apparently... Anyone here took with Royal from Taiwan? And experience to share?

dctray

I ask my friends in Taiwan who just took wedding photo at mikan . They say Mikan hvae two place .One is for Pet &amp; Baby the other one is for wedding photo .The Photographers are different .My friends told me don't worry about it . They say the photographer 周 sir is very nice and they have a great time .
BTW I find the blog
http://www.wretch.cc/blog/colinlin520/26540726

lynnhere

Hi, everyone... pls edit your profile by uncheck the private msg... cos i can't private msg you all. Wanna check with you all the package that you sign with Mikan.. Kinda worried of what to neg for the package.. Pls share or private msg me will do. Or you could email to [email protected] to discuss together.
happy.gif

lynnhere

hi blurkitty,

I am glad to see your reply. I haven sign up the plan but i just place a small deposit with them... gotta make my mind end of july to make full deposit or else deposit forfeited.

How abt you??
happy.gif

lynnhere

Great.. another Mikan customer!

Anyone who booked their package and come back from their PS. Please share your experience!
happy.gif