Taiwan Bridal Shop, Mikan Photo Studio

crystalin

hihi angie do share what the bridal boutiques at the roadshow cause i am keen in taking up taiwan photoshoot~ thanks!

will mikan be there?

junebug

Ariesmoon: I went to a total of 5 places..but can't remember the names though..the photographer will ask you what type of sceneries you prefer then they will discuss with you with the places.

keli

Hi All,
I be going for wedding shots on this july.

Are the gowns nice? I am really worried that the gowns are very 'tai'. I dun fancy loud design. Although they let me choose in VIP section,
from the mikan website i saw, their gowns really look so so only compared to other bridal shop

Need your advice.

sc_nah

HIHI , we just came back from Mikan shot ... had extremely nice photographer and stylist ... but at the same time it is better to prepare some things over so that you dun have to spend extra ... eg , nubra , they would advise you to wear 1 size smaller than your usual cup of nu bra .. i brought mine there so end up buying one tat is very costly ...i bought mine in taka only $54 , the one they offer is 2800 nt.. ampoule also please bring ... for those that want more detail can pm me for choice of stylist ...
happy.gif

Yes we paid alot more ... we bought alot of photo but i guess we had what many other taiwan bridal boutique dun offer , the car that bring the props cos we saw many other brides around us in same location dun have props like we do ..
happy.gif

Hi all, bought my package at S$3280, willing to let go at S$2800 (negotiable).
Have decided to sell off my package due to personal reasons.

The package details are as follows:
1. Photo album in 12" 20 sets
2. Canvas Photograph, carved frame in 20" 24"
3. 200 exquisite thank you cards
4. Crystal Frame for 10" photo x 1
5. CD-rom for all selected photos x 1
6. Wedding gown & evening gown (choose 5 styles)
7. Professional makeup and modeling x 5 styles
8. Bridal veil, hair ornaments and gloves
9. Waist cummerbund, shirt and boutonniere for the groom
10. Studio shooting and out door scene shooting for the whole day
11. Addtional pics at S$65 per pic
12. 60" poster x 1
13. Sisters card X 60
14. Ferris wheel photo holder x 1
15. 2 Nights stay at this place: http://www.we-go.com.tw/
** Gowns can be selected at all zones in their bridal shop with no hidden costs. ** Does not include freight charges, space rental expenses, stylist with outside shooting and transportation for outdoor photo shoot. ---> Alhough this is stated on the form, we've managed to get confirmation that stylist and outdoor team won't charge us extra. Erm... actually there's more but my chinese ain't that good so not quite sure what the items are. Therefore please let me know if you need me to email you the original package details! This package lasts from 5 yrs starting from August 9th in 2010! (So its roughly another 4 yrs) ^^ Oh yar, the bridal shop is called: Mikan Thanks for your interest!
happy.gif

Any Further questions can always give me a call so as to provide u more details. My no. is 81684482. can call me miss Lin.

q5ng

Hi all,
has anyone gone for their photoshoot already and gotten back the edited photos?I got mine in April,told them to re edit some photos,and up till now there is no response from them at all...their after service is really terrible..

garyting

Hi Qing,

Yeah i got the same problem too. I got the initial photos on 3 May. I requested to re edit some photos and they say they will get back to me by 3 Jun. Until now no news..
sad.gif
My hubby bugged them last week. They say they will check and revert. But still no news.

q5ng

Hi garyting,
thx for replying
happy.gif
I'm jus so frustrated...they are not even replying to my emails la!!your hubby called them at tw or emailed them?

garyting

He emailed them. Initially, i emailed them in English. Twice. but no response. Then my hubby email them in chinese. They say they will check and revert. But until now so news lo.. Will continue to bug them.
happy.gif

q5ng

Haiyo
I emailed them both in English and Chinese but no response lo...2 of their staff came to sg at different time in may and called me to ask for feedback for my ps...
Highlighted my prob to them,both said will get back to me before they return to tw...but as expected,no one called me back...I jus emailed them a complaint email...
Update u if they get back

garyting

Hey Qing,

They've called us back. And you know what? They want us to send our comments back to them again! Aiyo.. It should have been amended and sent back to us on 3 Jun. Today is already 24 Jun and they are requsting us to resend them the comments. Disappointing..

ginjean

i signed up with them last year at expo too..wanted to sell the package away..but decided to still plan to go. found them on facebook and felt better looking at the pictures... try looking for 橘æ”國際婚紗æ”å½±

ariesmoon

Qing & Garyting,

Sad to hear about their after sales service is so bad! Now u all got back the edited photos already?

ginjean

still decided to sell my package away... no time to go down to taiwan.. and the travel charges for nxt april is too high.
sad.gif

my package is valid till 2015.. anyone interested to take over, please drop me a msg.. thanks

jas180583

Actually, the problem with Taiwan Bridal Shoot or Bridal company only starts after you return to S'pore. Most of the time is due to editing of photos. A couple friend actually chose not to edit their photos at all after they realised it was so difficult to make amendments because the couple can't type taiwanese chinese well and the photo editor can't understand English well

jas180583

Personally, I also had the same problem when I did my Taiwan bridal shoot few years back. I was very upset for awhile. It will be worse if that bridal company has no shop in S'pore! Cos You dunno where to seek help.

Luckily, for my case, the Taiwan bridal company finally set up a Bridal shop in S'pore.

mll

The Mikan bridal company is damn terrible. DO NOT sign up their package when see their road show. Lol

Mind to share how much of the additional photo?

lynnhere

Their after sales service is suck. never buy from them. i am regretted that i did not choose Bluebay which my friend highly recommended me after she and her sister tried their service.

I have been corresponding with them for months and they kept forgetting my request. Told them it is urgent and need it by the date. But when the date is drawing near, they said sorry can't make it cos bla bla bla...... shit them... i hate it and wants to end the whole thing fast.

kitminish

Mikan was the first TW BS that we met in Tampines. After discussion for half an hr, we notice that our time for movie is up and we need to rush for movie. Mikan sale person refuse to let us leave, ask us to put disposit for the package and keep dragging our time. As we do not have too much cash on us, we put down a $10 deposite and Mikan promise to give us a call a mth later and tell us more about the package if not full refund.

After a year, we did not receive their call. My HTB said we are lucky that we never place a $100 deposite with them like what she told us.

cl00

Unpleasant stay with Yo-Lai Hotel

I am writing this letter first thing I touch down to Singapore due to the urgency and would like to express my greatest displeasure regarding my hotel stay in Taipei. This is the first time my wife-to-be and I are going to Taipei and is indeed a privilege to have such an encounter.

We were on a 8 days 7 nights trip for a wedding photoshoot and would like to experience the well-known Taiwanese warmth. We stayed with Yo-lai hotel located at NO.23-1 ,SHUANG CHENG STREET , TAIPEI , TAIWAN , R.O.C for 7 nights and even upgraded our room to one of the top few range to show our support, furthermore, we did not have nasty requests as we would like a pleasant stay. On the day of check-in, the hotel requested us to pay the full amount; we gladly obeyed to pay all in cash.

It turned out otherwise. The room as no Wi-Fi as it claims and the room was smoky each time we came back to the hotel. To make matter worse, on the last day of stay, the hotel charged us for over-stay. First of all, we were not informed on any check-out timing throughout the 8 days of stay. I then requested to speak to the manager to explain to him; he ended up demanding me to pay the penalty and threaten me that he will cancel the transport to airport. He hang up my call very rudely without even discussing with me personally. Feeling helpless, I requested from the service counter if I can call my bridal studio located in Taipei for advise and the service officer shove me off to use a public pay-phone.

I hope you can understand the helplessness we felt as a first-timer to Taipei and is this how a tourist should be treated? Is it the kind of service we should receive? My wife and I were indeed very upset over the whole incident.

garyting

Dear all, just to share my encounter with Mikan.

I got my wedding album 6months after the photoshoot. To be precise, one day before my planned wedding date!!! Horrible right?!! (I’m glad we postpone the wedding date due to personal reasons. Otherwise, it will drive me crazy!!)

We had to make alot of overseas calls to hurry them. As their English is not very good, we have huge difficulty trying to convey our msg to them when editing the photos. The whole photo editing process took them 3 months. They came back and forth.. sometimes edited, sometimes not. Sometimes some were edited, some were not. And in between, it took them more than 2 weeks to get back to us. We complaint and they mentioned that they were having problems with their photo editing team. I told them ‘not to make their problem my problem’.

The hotel is terrible also. No windows and very very cramp and stuffy. I think, it's like a "one night stay love motel"

When choosing photos, they wouldnt let you off easily. Hubby and I spend more than 6 hours choosing the photos because they were very persistant to get us to take more photos.

Oh, and do note that if they ask you to get additional photos when you are signing up the package with them, make sure they are the "official" photos and not those "behind-the-scenes" photos. When we signed up our package with Zhou-Sir, the default is 30photos, so we took 20 more. But when choosing the photos in Taipei, the staff say that 20 photos are "behind the scene photos"!!! And mind you they are not professional photos. They are just taken by the photographer's assistant digital camera.

Hubby and I felt very cheated and insist on getting the 20 official photos that WE PAID FOR. The staff talk to the boss, the boss talk to us then we manage to get back that 20 photos. I mean, we can just get anybody to take the "behind the scenes" photos right? Why would I pay a few hundred more to get those blur digital photos!?

Last but not least, the chuang tou zhao that we got, was the NON EDITED VERSION.................

Wouldn't recommend them to anybody.

lynnhere

Yes.... fully agreed with garyting. I also received my wedding stuff recently. So far, the outcome is alright and I dun feel very impressive of their work.

The communication is really terrible and I wanted to end it as soon as I can.  Their after sales service and follow up by them really upset me. When u feedback to them ur concern, they choose to reply what they want and totally ignore ur concern... selective listener huh...

Anyway, the worst is over.. Most importantly, they won't get any referral from me... Imaging we as bride to be is so busy and yet we spend time to come here and complaint them... u could think that they are really sucky.. Lastly, my advise is to NEVER buy from them. 
Buy at ur own risk if u have the time and money to spend...
happy.gif

ginjean

i wanted to sell my package away... but nobody is interested.. we.. we've made plans to go during end march... any big watch outs other than the below?
1) photo editing
2) dont take more pictures! dont by psycho-ed into taking pictures
3) chuang tou zao - must be the edited version

trying to brace myself for the awful experience with them...

garyting

Ya i feel that their works are not impressive either. I look at my album, and look at my other friends album taken locally or from msia, I think my friends' ones look nicer. The effect, skills etc.

Oh and one more thing. There were scratches on my album. Not very noticeable but then again, they are there. I didnt see it until my friend highlighted to me.
sad.gif
What can i do right? Can't possibly mail it back to them and ask for exchange.. i would have to bear the cost. And it's not going to be cheap due to the weight.

Most of the people who signed up with them are people like me - didnt do enough homework on bridal studios and got "psycho-ed" by them to sign their package. I hope it's not too late by the time u read this post.

Good luck!

blurgal02

o.. i was still doing re-search on this BS earlier on until i reach this page... they are the first to be strike off from my list...

meixia83

Hi, does anybody knows what is the exact procedure to receive the wedding album from the transportation company. Mikan is not replying my emails. Sucks

lynnhere

Hi heypuffy83, u still got to go through Mikan to arrange for the stuff to deliver to you. Once you have confirmed with Mikan to deliver the stuff over to Sgp, the freight company will send an SMS to inform you on the charges. If u did not reply to the SMS, they will call you personally to confirm.

You got to pass the $$ to the deliveryman once the items reaches your place... This is based on my experience that I deal with them. Hope it help. î–

f3ng

Hi all, i signed up their package at SGD2k last year. Actual photo taking, most likely 2-3years later.

I had read thru the posts. What they told us is tat .. On 1st day, choose gown. 2nd day, photo taking. 3rd day, choose photo. 4th or 5th day, photos ready for collection.

Those who had went for ur shot, can share ur exp? The photos haf to be shipped and can't be collected before we back to SG?

shire

I travel Taiwan every yr definitely Bluebay better !

if u need ampoules eye lash skin care

http://dviansalon.blogspot.com

Actual day dress can tell color type design we love http://lalafashionclubhouse.bigcartel.com

own our dress since we pay rental sgd500-800 per dress y not to have it

and
oeexextextra pphotos we did not pay Their frames cost sgd400-600

for photo frame i ask own designer or pick custom made frame locally (my dad is ex ──frame maker my bro furniture construction building line so get cheaper )

this is how i save abit on my 10102010 perfect wedding too

or maybe http://spreeing-lala.blogspot.com

can help in freight cargo

if u want to send your bulky item from China or Taiwan product

hope above INFO can help

bettycc

Hi all I just came back from there . I think their service is better now , My photographer Chen sir is very nice and funny ,he take the photo almost what we wanted. I selected 20+40 photos actually I want to buy all but $ not allowed >.< . I am exciting for the edited photos.lol

liwa

Went to Mikan for photoshoot in June. Was initially frightened by the what was previously shared. However, once reached there, I was greeted by a friendly reception. The photographer was pretty skillful and humourous, thus leaving quite a deep impression. The photo editting was fast and were editted based on my requirement. It was a great and satisfying session!

valenhar

I have reviews lots of forum adn their service has changed and sshould be fine.
Dear all, i love the package so much but due to certain personal reason unable to go there for wedding shooting. our package is SGD2000, we pay SGD1000 for the deposit therefore they gave us lots of things.
included 4D3N stay in Taipei near their branch.
Those who keen please contact me and i will share the package with you. [email protected]