Taipei - budget accomodation ???

big_head_gal

Hi everyone,

i've to make a trip to Taipei in early Nov. Do you know of any good & cheap hotel or guesthouse there ? what would you recommend me to do or where to go if i only have 3 days there ?

thank you for your sharing =)

butterkiss

Hi Cute koala,

Is it convenient staying at this fan dian?
Can share with me your itinerary?
You went for how many days?

Thank you. =)

jule

I stayed at TaShun Hotel in Ximending. It is a newly built hotel, but it's priced at 1680NT (80+) a night for double room.

www.tshotel.com.tw

What you see in the website is what you can, I just went 2 weeks back.

cute_koala_123

Hi butterkiss, walking distance to the mrt is 1 min. Very convenient.

Frankly speaking ,this hotel doesn't has a nice reception. But the room is ok. Our room is NT1380/nite. Once check in, they'll give NT200 voucher which could be used for the next day stay. It's applicable from Mon to Thurs. During weekdays, we only paid NT1180 for the room NT1380.

We went there for 10 days. Besides Taipeh, we went to Taroko Gorge,Hualien & Ching Jing Vac Farm.

Give me your email add & I could share some pix with you.

jonic

Hi Jule,

I'm will be staying at Ta Shun Hotel for my dec trip too. Is it near the mrt station? How did you book for your room?

jule

jonic,

it is <5 min walk from the Exit 1(slow walk). No worries about the distance from the Metro Station. I book online. No need to pay first, they will confirm with an email. Just when you check in, you need to pay for the number of nights you are staying.

Let me know if you need any other info
happy.gif

big_head_gal

Hi Cute Koala,

Thanks for sharing your experience staying at ming re da fan dian. Can you send the pics to me as well.

btw, how did you make booking at this hotel? Can provide the address.

jonic

Hi Jule,

Thanks alot for your info! Actually, I booked online too and they have sent me a confirmation email. How do they verify when you check in? So we have to pay when we check in and not when we check out?

happielee

Hi Koala,
Just wanna check with you abt the futruestarhtl tat it is clean n non sleazy rite? We are heading there next week so...u knw a bit worried...
Thanks!

taiwanmei

Best hotels to stay in Taipei, if U like XiMenTing is:

(1) Rainbow Hotel
(2) Golden Castle Hotel
(3) East Dragon Hotel
(4) Wonstar Hotel
(5) Kilin Hotel

all are around 5 minutes walking time to the Train station - XiMen Station

mzlt7879

Hi All,
Seeking some opinion.. comparing Caesar Park Hotel vs San Want Hotel vs Sunworld Dynasty...which is better. I am gg to Taiwan after my wedding in Oct for a short trip of 5days..

Also, anyone stayed in Spring City resort before? Worth staying there a nite?

sotonggal

Hi Koala

Saw your earlier post and noted that you been to Hualien and Cing Jing.

My family and I (total 7 pax) will also be travelling to Taipei next Sat, 22 Sept 07 for 8 days and thought of going to Hualien and Cing Jing too.

Would appreciate if you could advise on the following:

1) How do we travel from Taipei to Hualien and Hualien to Cing jing?

2) Which hotel did you stay in Cing Jing?

3) Did you hire a cabbie to tour aroung Hualien and how much does the cabbie charge you?

4) Any nice and trustworthly cabbie to introduce?

Would appreicate if you could advise on the above as we are traveling in a big group and do not wish to have any hippups.

Thanks

karenchansecret

Hi, i recommand rainbow hotel !! Its not a big hotel but its location is super good. I saw lou zhi xiang when i came out of the hotel. i saw jacky wu doing the varity show. June 1 i saw zhang dong liang bringing his just released cd to the rose record near the hotel. when i first touch xi men ding after loading my luggage i saw JR and one of the 5566 guy doing a varity show.It ming xin everyday. If you are not interest in that .. Shopping!!!
you will love it..
I suggest not to buy things from xi men ding first else place can get cheaper. Like wu fen pu .
Tai zhong feng jia nite market. This nite market is not like those normal ones. there is alot of bags dresses .. anything that is fashion will be sold there. and the price is cheaper.
From taipei take HSR 40 min will reach taizhong.

FOod!!! i went to eat a si chuan resturant open by Lan Xin mei. If you love hot stiff you will like the food there.. can see this webby. http://www.kiki1991.com/

adp

I stayed in Royal Castle (at Xi Men Ding) when I went to Taipei last yr. It's a good budget hotel. Nice breakfast, good service. Average daily rate is $100 per double room (so it's only $50 per person). The freego bus will bring u directly from the airport to the hotel doorstep.The hotel is also very near to the MRT station. Very convenient!

holidaygirl

Hi Disney,
I stayed at futurestar hotel during my trip last month. It was not too bad. Good location, 2 min from Ximending MRT station. Room and toilet are quite old and abit dim but stil acceptable.
Check out my photos---> http://www.aniceholiday.com/future-star-hotel-located-right-in-middle-of-the-shopping-district-at-ximending-taiwan-%e6%98%8e%e6%97%a5%e5%a4%a7%e9%a3%af%e5%ba%97/

If u have more budget, i would recomend you to consider about City Inn and Saylove hotel, located at Taipei Main station (1 station from Ximending). Very nice budget hotel. Worth the money. ^_^