Switzerland with SA Tours or Chan Brothers

hedwig

Hi

Like to check if anyone has travelled to Switzerland (and Paris, and London) with either SA Tours or Chan Brothers for their honeymoon.

Like to know if:
1. the tour iternary is relaxed or rush?
2. need to wake up very early each day?
3. the food & accomodation is okay?

Thank you!

makino

Hi
I took the 13D Europe tour with chan bros (not for honeymoon) and did not cover London. Find it rushed and we woke up very early everyday, cos the coach needed to leave at 8am. Breakfast was typically at around 6.45am. It was fun but tiring.

Food - mostly Chinese. We topped up $80 euro to have the Swiss Fondue dinner in Switzerland which was very filling. Accomodation was good in Paris and Switzerland. But not that good in Italy.

We spent 2 nights in Lucerne so it was relaxing there. We had plenty of time to waste in the town.

It was very rushed in Paris. We saw every thing from far - Eiffel tower, Arch de Triomphe, etc. But we were free to explore on our own at night, so we went to ascend the Eiffel Tower by ourselves - took the train and all.

Do check your itinerary - how many places in a day. If you are covering many places, chances are that you will be rushing from place to place.

stardus

Hi Low,

i think it will be good to visit Switzerland in May, June when they have the Jazz Festival, and there will be flowers blooming in Geneva. E.g Rose Garden in Berne etc... Check it out.

beth

Hi

I signed up a 10 days switzerland & paris tour pkg wif chan bros during the natas fair. I was afraid @ 1st that it'll gonna be a rush & hectic journey but was assured by the tour consultant that its a non-rush itinary...paid abt $4,010 for 2 pax. Err..it isnt a full meal cover so be prepared 2 fork out xtra $$$ for meals. Rite now, I dont hv a full details of my itinary...will try to provide more details later.

Moonlight, i'll b gng there in may..so how's the weather like? U mean i can see beautiful flowers all over switzerland? if yes, it'll b great.

happy.gif

beth

Jenny Hi! Glad to c u agn here..
happy.gif

Sort of like a bb making tour 4 me & my hb lah hehee...Actually planning to include Italy in our itinary but its so X & requires us to take longer leaves...so we ended up taking the 10days Switz & France instead.

Ooh...U gng there for ur HM huh, so when u planning to go?

stardus

Hi Beth,

I am not very sure of the weather in Swiss, maybe u can check the website for a rough guide. It should be Spring and flowers blooming period.

stardus

Hi Hedwig,

I took the package that u mentioned, from SA Tours. So, to answer ur question.. (thats for my itnerary)

1) very relaxed.. everything going slow and easy
2) yes, need to wake up early, but day ends early as well. The shops in europe don't open till late. So there will still be enough time to sleep. Because of the time difference, the first few nights, u will knock off rather early, and wake up early too. So no problem with that. My whole grp able to wake up early. :D
3) Food was great for mine. Accomodation was good too. As for SA Tour, its a First Class accomodation. So no worries on that!

Hope its useful.

beth

Hi Moonlight,
Wow..u mean the hotels u'll b staying all 1st class, so gd. Mine's a 3* hotel only. Dont mind me asking, How many days u took & How much u paying for tour pkg?

stardus

Hi Beth,
actually 1st class in europe is only 4*.. and to see how good it is, also depends, cos in switzerland, the town are like year hundreds years old, so dun expect too much. U get what i mean?

I took their 12 day package, flying by SQ. Paid $7k for 2 pax (include tax).

pinkbear

Hi Beth,

should be ard next year April...cos ard April May is Spring time..so weather will be cool right..bt for me jus tenative first..hoping to go Venice ....wow go on long HM to make bb huh..?tin should be no problem one lah as over there is relaxed and romantic..more Qin Diao hor..

ps:when you leaving huh..?then later we got Swiss photos to see oso liao..hehe..
happy.gif

btw, go by wat airline huh? and ard how much..?

little_a

i am interested in the land tours by trafalgar.. if they dun offer winter package.. i think i will join SA tours.. more relax.. interested in the switzerland + Italy package.

beth

Hi Jenny,
Mine is like a promo tour pkg, Booked wif chan bros during natas fair, gng on a 10D switzerland & france. Hehee..I'll b traveling on a little known aircraft own by d middle east call "Qatar". i'm paying abt $4010 for 2 pax, will depart on 20 May.
happy.gif

jessp

Hi all

Am also considering going Europe for my HM. Has anyone considered Insight Vacations or Trafalgar tours? Any comments on them?

pinkbear

Hi Beth,

so each person ard $2K huh..?quite cheap lei..

wow so qiao..I oso..bt me going HK on May 20th..kekekek..wat time is your flight..?
happy.gif

beth

Hi Moonlight
Sure i will, thks!
happy.gif

Yo Jenny!
Yup! it was cheap dats y we took the pkg..hehee.. We'll be leaving in the morning, CB still hvnt cfm time wif us yet. U gng HK for Holi right coz I know ur AD not over yet, What time u departing?

little_a

jovia|ger,
Trafalger packages are better based on comments from frens as well as own research... better accomodation and more relax..

Taking their packaged tour.. just have to get the agent to help you with ticketing..

pinkbear

Hi Beth,

hehe..ya for holi ..wow..me going going in the morning but wee morning..6.45am flight..keke..
happy.gif

your morning wat time..?