Swissotel Merchant Court Hotel - Anyone had your ROM there?

rufhie

Hi Aprik,

My fiance and I contacted Priscillia, one of the coordinators there.

We are considering their Poolside Package B (See attachment) for our solemnization. You can see their photos at the following link:http://singapore-merchantcourt.swissotel.com/

They do not cover wedding favours, cards and not more than 2 carpark passes if you refer to the attachment. Some hotels do provide these.

They do have a discount rate for deluxe room at an estimation of $169 per night (original rate is about $300-$400 per night. Earliest check in time is 12pm for rom. However, since they have given a good discount for the room, one may or may not consider paying for breakfast the next day as it does not come complimentary.

However, the special day my fiance and I have picked is really popular hence most hotels have been fully book.

Carlton isn't too bad. Look for Jason. He is one of the best coordinators I met so far, sadly they are fully booked for the day we wanted.

Still, Swissotel's poolside is small and cosy - just the right ambience to what we are looking for. After which, our guests will head to ellenbourough cafe for lunch. They will seal off the section but not the whole cafe since it is a public dining area.

Minimum pax is 30. For children it costs $17.90+++ per child (7% GST if it comes in 2007). Just reserve the minimum first as they will charge you for more if you reserve more pax and some may not show up. If you plan to increase a head count, inform them about 3-4 days in advance.

You may want to consider joining the bridal asia from jan 12-14 2007 to recce for more info.

rufhie

<center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_msword.gif

SwissHotel_MerchantCourt_Charges.doc (26.6 k)</td></tr></table></center>

aprik

Hi Ruth,

Thanks for your info..
We finally decided to have it at MCH..
Wanted to get the poolside, but it's already taken..

So we decided to have the solemnization at the function room followed by a High Tea at the Ellenborough Cafe.. Priscillia has been a great help, patiently catering to our requests..

Have you decided on the venue yet?

rufhie

Hey Aprik,

First of all, Merry Xmas and Happy 2007!

Congrats to you both!!! *Big Smile* So when is your big day? =)

I am glad that you and your FH has confirmed with the hotel. Like both of you, we have confirmed with them. Yet to sign the contract as we requested them to redraft the contract.

Do look over your contract too. =)

Priscilla is rather patient but I heard some bad remarks about the service there from this link:
http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/messages/6/2264.html?1166589870

Still, we have considered to hold it at the hotel since other hotels we shortlisted are booked and MCH's poolside appears cosy.

We will hold the solemnization by the poolside and lunch at the Cafe.

Pardon me, I have a weird question for you: Will you both be staying there and take their breakfast?

shuki_50

Hi all,

I have a friend, she held her solemnization and wedding banquet on the same day at the MCH, I think is very nice, the solemnization is at the pool side ard 5 plus and ard 7 plus they have the cocktail, and went in to their ballroom for the wedding banquet. The ballroom is pillar-less, nice view to the stage n got quite nice service, they have waitress to serve the food, so the guest no need to take themselves...

aprik

Hi Bliss,

Sorry for replying so late.. our big day was 7 Jan.. it was great, we got the poolside at the very last minute because the couple who supposed to have their Tea ceremony there decided to do it indoor..

The setting was great, and it was bright and breezy..

No, we didn't take the room and the breakfast..

Hope this reply is not too late for u.. when's ur big day?

rufhie

Hey Aprik,

Congrats to both your spouse and you!

The pool is really sweet! I know it coz' we almost signed but didn't. I am glad that you both liked it.

We have switched to V Tea room last minute since my fiance wanted something cosier.

Our day will be on 7 July. After solemnization, probably honeymoon (i hope).

Congrats again! =) Any pics to share?

coachlover

Hi chocolate lover,

Both my FH and I were attracted to the poolside solemnisation when we were there for an appointment with one of the coord 2 weeks back. Do you have some pict to share? We are considering and once decided, will sign up during their show in next month.

To all,
Can I have an advice? Will the setting and atmosphere be nicer in the night or day time for ROM?

Hi gals,
I've fixed my solemnisation venue with MC as well. I've been liasing with Priscilia.Although MC is stingy with their perks, i really love their poolside solemnisation... Carparks passes, freeflow softdrinks, enhanced deco are additional cost to their ROM package. They will be changing their florist as well.

jopp

wow! ur ROM day is eve of my bday! Hehe..

mine is on 9 Sep. Still chinese 7th mth..but we r fine wif it. ;)

which package u taking?

Hee..i juz open a new thread for Sep solemnisation..
I will be opting for Package B with enhanced decoration. Did you manage to get any additional perks? There's alot of additional cost to the package ar..

evena

HI All,
I had also signed up with Merchant court for poolside ROM on 17th Nov. Had contacted the new appointed florist - The red petals. The price is reasonable. 180nett.

N my hubby and I simply loved the poolside. Its so romantic.
happy.gif

evena

Hi Evisu,

Understand that the curtain sash is set up by MC itself.. im cream color if I am not wrong. But I was hopping to change to peach/pink color.. <going> which is exactly the same design as seen in pic in MC offical website.

You need to call up Priscilla to check if you can choose other themes..

When is your ROM date?
happy.gif

Hui Ling, i oso wan the old theme so muchie.. Pink solemnisation is my dream &amp; tts why im still thinking if i wana engage other florist tt cater to pink sash.Mine is on 15 Sept..

Jopp, we can choose the colour sash from the florist.. They do carry afew colour sash for the seats. The curtain colour is by MC , thus cannot change.

jopp

thanks evisu. i dun think we can get other florist leh...MC dun allow one cos they hv contract wif The Red Petals. so mus use them if any. Unless is DIY lor...

i find the deco given by the current florist quite "plain" lor. was contemplating to DIY..but in the end, still gave in the fact of "convenience".
sad.gif

Gals, im checking with Mark on the idea of cathering pink sash. Something similar to previous colour? Anyone of u gals interested?

skywu

Hi

I will be having my solemnisation at Merchant Court too. but it will be at Maplewood room (smaller than function room) followed by a lunch buffet at the cafe. Initially wanted the poolside, but it is over my buget, so instead they recommended me this room which price is half of it.

Hope everything turn well tat day :>

mrs_tan_to_be

HI Evisu,
Haha.. 15th Sept is my friend's ROM. Seem like a another hot day too.

You mean Mark can cater sash too? Any additonal cost? Will MC allow us to remove the cream color sash?
happy.gif

tlisa

Hi Sky

I am thinking of having my solemnisation at MC too but I have only gotten the package for the pool. Can you send me the package for the room one to [email protected]

Thanks a lot

k3nn3th03

we are also considering if we wan to held at MC..

think poolside better but might be hot... function room.. too square and got a feeling as if in seminar...

cafe got the gooood ambience... was advise by Andy to request to seal off the section nearest to the Bar for more privacy...

BUT.. cost come into consideration...

haiz.. dun know to choose which...

jopp

huh? does MC allow usage of the cafe for ROM ceremony? also to "seal off a section" for private function...can meh? no addn charges?

skywu

hi lisa, i hv send the package to u liao.

hmmm... they didn't mention tat can us the cafe for the ceremony wor... but i dun tink so leh. maybe u can go try n ask. For me, i book the function room, n will be having buffet at the cafe, they allow me to seal off 1 section for my guests.

mrs_tan_to_be

Hi Jopp,
I think MC can seal off a section for private dinning if you held your ROM there. There shouldnt be any additional charges loh... YOu can check with Priscilla if you want.

Hi k3nn3th03,
I think if you choose poolside, choose to ROM @ around 11.30am. It will not be so hot as compared to High tea timing. After ROM, you can proceed to the cafe for lunch at 12 noon.

mrs_tan_to_be

Hi lisa,
Sorry for the late reply. I checked with Priscilla and understand that high tea timing is more hot than lunch time. You can go and have a view of the location @ around 2 to 3pm to have a feel of it.

Hui Ling, mark revert that he can cather pink sash similar to previous MC theme. However, we will need to pay more as he needs purchase the materials.

mrs_tan_to_be

Hi Evisu,
Isit? THat's cool. But how much more? Have you chosen your flowers? When is your ROM date?

I had called up priscilla and confirmed that most likely they will only change the ivory sash once a yr. I had feedback the negative feedback which i heard abt MC in another thread and she assure me that they will get things done smoothly. She will also try to be on duty on the day of our ROM for couples who are handled by her.
happy.gif

Hui ling, i have yet confirm with mark the addition cost. Are u interested with the pink theme? if yes, mabbie i can highlight to him several others are interested.. mine is 15 sept.

mrs_tan_to_be

HI Evisu,

Sorry for the super late reply. Yes, im interested in the pink theme... Mine ROM is on 17th Nov... Can you check on the price and let me know??? Thanks a million!

Hi all, I am interested in Merchant Court for solemnization and have seen the Maplewood Room ( Function Room).
Very cozy &amp; suitable for those with small family.

mrs_tan_to_be

Yoz girls,

For those who want to change the sash to pink, I had talked to Mark. Unless a couple of us are interested in it, he will try to talk to the management to see if it can be changed. Price quotation is not out yet.

Who is interested???

jopp

hi hui ling, thanx 4 initiating the change request to mark. i will be rom-ing @ SMC poolside on 9th sept.
happy.gif
count me in tis "petition"!
cheers!

mrs_tan_to_be

Hi Jopp,

Ok.. will count you in. Anymore gals who want to change the sash to peach/pink color? Pls let me know asap. So that I can inform Mark to talk to SMC on this. Thanks!

skywu

hi meichin

i have held my rom at merchant court maplewood room last month... the room was gd... not very small, juz nice for my guests for 40 ppl. but some need to stand coz the room can only accomodate 30 chairs.

mrs_tan_to_be

HI Jopp,
Sorry for the last response. Nah, no update yet. I think it will be abit hard to change the sash cos need MC's approval.

jopp

i checked wif Priscilia on their PA system...she told me MP3 cd (self burned) can't be played! those who had their ROM there...is it true? if so, i'll b so disappointed.