Straits Vista @ Marsiling

justme0_0

Hi Joyce,

welcome to this thread. Whats ur plan then? If u really like that place wait till the selection day then decide loh.

missyyee

Haha, Lin from hardwarezone?!
happy.gif
Yay! We no need to hop all over the place le.

So Kiang, how's your Q number like?

missyyee

Always25,

I think you can view the remaining units left for selection via teletext de! I used to remember my parents checking that on TV a few years ago!

pooh_23

Hi JustMe,
Ya, i will wait for the selection and see if i get call up.

Hi JY,
Me too, i am the 1st timer. Was disappointed too.

pooh_23

Actually you can check it at the HDB website
Home > Buying A New HDB Flat (e-Sales) > Flats On Offer - Shortlisted Applicants - Build-To-Order Exercise

They will show the no of units avaliable for selection and the ethnic qty.

always25

hi kiang,

Sorry i v sua gu. Chances mean? Everything is so new and unfamiliar to us.

This is the first time me and my fh is applying for flat.We are just trying our luck cz parents staying at cck so wana find somewhere near.

always25

Hi JY,

Thanks for the great advice. At least we know where to check out the previous 167 units that were being taken up.

Hope all will get your preferred unit!!

justyou

Kiang,
we got 30+ with 4 chances.
u want to see if there is a pattern?
u got 5 chances rite? wat's your no?
hope urs is a good no! =)

always 25,
u can find the number of chances in the letter sent to u last time, can be 1/2/4 or even more..
2 chances for 1st timer, and 2 more if parents staying near the bto etc...
i think bukit panjang bto coming soon too! =)

JY!
nice seeing u! =)

always25

hi miss lin,

ya notice that BP bto coming soon. But i was thinking if we did not choose SV means we forgo one chance liao right?

Not sure BP better or SV? Frankly speaking, we din know we will get it. So just ballot, din even go to HDB to check out the site/information etc.

missyyee

I wonder how long will the selection takes because of the stricter rules applied to 1st timers, I don't know if there're any units leftover for me.

If not I'll try the Bukit Panjang BTO (if my BF and I like it...)

Actually hor, I don't quite understand the new clauses... Can anyone enlighten me? ;)

Thanks in advance!

justyou

erm, your number is 168, it's within the flat supply, so if u didn't apply means u forgo the chances... Ya... if u forgo 2 chances will get the 1yr penalty...

there is no news abt the BP bto... only know that they will release this yr...

hopefully they will release soon before your selection and u can decide lor...

if they didn't release, how ah?
u will give up SV or the BP bto?
quite a tricky situation for u hor..
headache..

justyou

JY, your no is more than the 332 flat supply, but u will be going down for selection
(HDB will give to 664 a chance to select).
if when it's your turn,
there is no more flat for u, then no penalty...

but i'm not too sure for your case... if still have flat, but u didn't apply then i don't know got penalty anot leh...

maybe others can help or call HDB? =)

west_ger

Hi Kiang

My quene is 50+. I had two chances. I had bad quene number for sk but I thin I not intended to take it le since I had better quene in Woodland. How about urself? Do you got what bus services to woodland and how many bus stop to woodland mrt.

missyyee

Lin,

Thanks! I'm thinking to call HDB asap loh. I read other forums that one couple actually waited for 5 months before they were called up to select the remaining units! 5 months is a long long time!
sad.gif

justyou

5 months?!?! that will be next yr liao! hmm... better check with HDB...

i receive the letter abt the Q no... maybe u will have more inform in the letter? mine says selection in Sep...

by the way,for the optional component scheme...($1800 for doors and $3000 for flooring)
anyone have views on this OCS?
u all think worth it or not?
to opt in or not?

missyyee

Yes yes, I'm waiting for the letter now. So yours stated your selection date?

My Father told me to opt for OCS if possible because like what JustMe mentioned, it can be deducted from CPF.
happy.gif

tebisha

Hi all
I'm new.. I've also applied straits vista but my que no is 563 which far far exceeded the flats supply... so sad leh..
I always wanted woodlands flats, if really can't get the flats We have to buy re-sale flat le..

menthola

Hi,

Let me see....

1) Avrilyn Yu --- 4 Chances Q No:
2) JustMe --- 4 Chances Q No: 30+
3) IL --- 2 Chances Q No: 50+
4) filagal --- 4 Chances Q No: 30+
5) JY --- 2 Chances Q No: 475
6) always25 --- ? Chances Q No: 168
7) Joyce --- 4 Chances Q No: 500+
8) Miss Lin --- 4 Chances Q No: 30+
9) Teo Yan Teng --- ? Chances Q No: 563
10) Kiang --- 5 Chances Q No: 800+

menthola

i wan to conclude something here...
look at the stats i provide above

Having 4 chances are getting better Q number then ppl have 5 chance? Why????!!!!!!

Isn't having better chances shld get better Q number? isn't it the story ????

But dear friends dun misunderstand. I sincerely congras those have gd Q numbers & have chosen & wanting their dreamZ home

missyyee

Kiang, so sorry to hear this.. Cheer up k?!

Yan Teng, according to what I know, the number of applicants HDB will call up is actually twice the number of units available (I think they just want to play safe in case others give up their chances) and yours is within 664 (332 4-room units). You mind lower floors ones?

menthola

4) filagal --- 4 Chances Q No: 30+
9) Teo Yan Teng --- 4 Chances Q No: 563

justyou

JY,
in my letter they only say selection from sep..
think still need to wait for the other letter that says my selection date and time.

Yan Teng,
not to worry, don't give up till the last moment =)

Kiang,
glad that u r appealing, hope it will be successful!
when will u know the appeal's result?
hopefully we can all stay there, will definitely miss out alot without u!

menthola

Teo Tan Teng,

for your case i think there isn't a need to appeal cos based on number of chances still okies....

what i do is email to the HDBsales & also to my minister of woodlands

tebisha

Kiang,
my que no is 563, I don't think there's a chance for me to select a flat.
Are they going to release new BTO for woodlands area?

missyyee

I don't think there will be any BTO in Woodlands for sometime.

They are emphasising more on Punggol and Seng Kang area. The next BTO will be Bukit Panjang (which area, it's not released yet).

menthola

For BTO in woodlands,

i think this yr no more ..... maybe next yr ba.
Cos i heard for them that BTO in woodlands only 1 time this yr

tebisha

OMG, I really want woodlands area only.. Don't even think of any other areas especially punggol and seng kang. Don't really like the area there

filagal

Kiang and JY..

mi qn no is 301 not 30+

nt quite a gd qn no. though is within the flat supply. mi is given 4 chances oso...

menthola

hmm...

Then try look out for re-sales if that the case.

If not urgent, wait for the re-sale price to reduce abt more then buy lor....

somemore got rebat ma

menthola

4) filagal --- 4 Chances Q No: 301
9) Teo Yan Teng --- 4 Chances Q No: 563

supergal

kiang, not to dampen your mood but don't pin too much hopes on your appeal..

balloting is all about luck and may have little or nothing to do with chances. it would seem the more chances you have, the higher the opportunity to get a good queue number but apparently, it may not be necessary..

my case is also a very good example..i got 7 chances for a particular BTO project and in the end, i ended up getting a queue number of 600+ out of 700+ flat units..someone in the same project who has 2 chances actually got a 30+ number..

bottomline is, it really depends on LUCK!

so, even if your appeal is succesful, the earlier numbers would have already been assigned to other couples and you will still need to wait till the first round of selection is over..

missyyee

I agree with supergal.

One of my friends applied for a recent BTO. She was in the same situation as mine - 2 chances given, 1st timer. However, her queue was far worse than mine (exceeded 2x the units available). And here, IL and I shared similar backgrounds but she has a great Q number!

Furthermore, we will not know how we actually benefit from the number of chances allocated to us as well. It all boils down to luck.

I'm not pinning high hopes on able to get an unit because of the stricter rules imposed to the 1st timers, thus the uptake of units might be higher as compared to the previous BTOs.

In my case (with Q: 475 out of 332 units), I rather get a poorer number because I'm queuing here nor there. Who knows by my turn, the units left are not to my acceptance and I'm force to accept just because I didn't want to be penalised. I just feel that the new rules can be a tad more flexible.