Straits Vista @ Marsiling

babypie33

hi Kiang> just drop by to say hi...i am quite interested but thinking of waiting 4 yrs is a headache for us. but i am facinated by the high storey. maybe will talk to my HTB regarding this.

i've been looking at resale for 2 mths already but no good news. anyway u applying for SV?

menthola

Hi Princess,

yup yup i be applying as currently i'm staying @ woodlands house with my parents.

Hmm.. it really have to depends on the couple as i can still live with my parents for the time being but i think within 3 yrs can get the house liao

As for buying resale, its really expensive these days you know... need to fork out cash for them den need cash for reno & furniture & its siong too....

I plan that if this BTO i dun get any...
i look for resale....
but resale liao & rent out whahahahahaha
earn some money den reno house :p

menthola

Dear All,

do you know that what is the best part.....

I flip through the street directory & found something ... somemore my street directory is yr 2007 ....

I saw the flats numbers inside for this BTO inside....

menthola

cqix,

yup yup its inside aready .....
i'm using Mighty Minds Street directory 2007 edition & the information cut off date is @ 1st Sept 2006.

menthola

Hi all,

some information for you all...
Today i went to take a look at the site...

~ Its take abt 10 min to walk from the site to woodlands mrt station & 3 stops away if take bus 913 & alight after the Indo temple.
~ There is a wet market & hawker centre which is currently now under removation.
~ 5 mins walk to the market, hawker centre & also coffeshops...Blk 19 got 1 veri nice bak ku teh whahahah
~ Enviroment there is quite peaceful @ ard 2pm when i went there
~ the site is currently a football field
~ Surrounded by Blk 13, 11, 12 ,10, 8 & 15
~ Blk 13,12,15 is ard 13 storey high & the tallest is blk 11 with 21 storey high. Went up blk 11 & able to see malaysia

kai9

Hi all,

I'm quite new to this.

When you apply, is it true that if you apply early online, you will get a better queue number? Or random by system?

menthola

filagal...

its normal to see that ....
but expected to be lesser application as ppl thens to be more cautious compare to be4

kai9

If this is the case, i guess when buying a home, better make decision carefully and choose places wisely. Else when u gotten a big Q No, there goes your 1st chance.

Straits Vista @ Marsiling is really nice for its high floor thou.

Thanks Kiang anyway.

dor2712

Yes i'm interested in high floor.
But my fh say is far fr mrt. For me i dun mind, but need to talk to him.

Kiang issit really 10min walk can reach MRT

menthola

Dear dot,

yup yup confirm...
i walk from the site to woodlands mrt station... is really 10 mins walk but have to minus off traffic light waiting time wor ....

if everything soon soon, 10 mins can reach...
best part is that half of the journey is shelfed lor....

dot,

i advise you that u & ur husband make a trip to the site & see see look look ....

heheee any help let me know cos i live @ admiratly .. so can help

menthola

KaiStarz,

yup yup these days chosing flat is horrible ..
its better to read the term & conditions be4 you choose your flat..

but if ur staying near ur in-law or parents @ woodlands or oter areas of BTO, the chances shld be quite high lor...

menthola

its seems that the number of application is going slowly as compare to previous BTO

For the 3rd day @ 11am

3rm ~ 48
4rm ~ 460
total ~ 508

really ppl are carefull now....
compare to previous, more improvement
but there is always pro & cons

menthola

Karine82,

have to get a least 13 storey & abbove lor ...
flat ard is abt 13 storey except blk 11 which is 21st storey high

not to worry cos Strait Vista is build in front of blk 11 & its is block the view of JB

filagal

dunno whether i will get it this time round as my parents is staying at woodlands oso.. I failed to get a gd q no. for jade spring 2

menthola

filagal,

when u apply that time, they will ask u for 1st proity through the online application, u chose near parents lor.....

for this, u auto get addition 2 chances liao

filagal

Kiang

coz mi parents stay woodland not yishun. This time round will be married child scheme that is near the parents hse. Hope will get it and a gd q no.... Hv u applied??

missyyee

Hi all,

I'm interested in applying for Straits Vista as well but have too many concerns so still considering really hard.

The balloting will be randomised (ie not 1st come 1st serve) right?

missyyee

Both my BF and I share much liking to this Woodlands BTO but our respective family members are staying at the West of Spore.

My Father didn't like the idea of us applying for other areas except Jurong, but he did not object to us applying. As a 1st timer to such matters, I really hope my family will support me fully..

Of course, after much discussion and consideration, BF and I will still go for it because we know how much we want it.

I'm going to apply for it this afternoon! Praying for a good Q number because there's already more than 800 applying for the 4 room ones. *stress*

menthola

JY,

ic ic ... but i what way makes u & ur BF like this wdlands BTO so much ah ??..

Whahhaah aiya the information for u all to share share lor ... can ask me again if u need help... live quite near

menthola

For the 9th day @ 8am

3rM ~ 98
4rm ~ 830
total ~ 928

hmm..... its growing man but slowly wahhahaah
hmm..........

i guess total application will be 1500

babypie33

Kiang, im back... fyi, i was @ blk 11, 18th floor for viewing. it is a point blk and just nice it's facing malaysia (so its unblocked sea view). but too bad, this unit will be blocked by SV when it is up. i forgot which block is behind SV, but from your findings, i believe its the 13 storey hdb.

so any1 staying in SV above 15 will have a good view of malaysia....

menthola

Hi Princess,

yup yup blk 11 will be block by SV.

SV is so called surrounded by 13 storey blocks & as i said blk 11 is the tallest but too bad,going to be block by SV as its behind SV

missylazy

Hi all!

I'm new here...
I've just applied for straits vista and went there for a look.. I went up to 21st floor of block 11, from there I could imagine Straits Vista's floor to ceiling windows in the living room face the panoramic sea view !!
I'm so excited..
*praying hard...

missyyee

Kiang,

Because it's going to take a maximum of 5 years to build and we were thinking that we can make use of this time to save and to prepare for the necessary.

Furthermore, it's also more or less confirmed that we'll have a place we can call our own. It basically fulfill everything we need (Interchange, expressway, shopping mall, community centres)! The plus point is I love the floor plan very much, especially the windows.
happy.gif

And it's quite near our parents' place (Boon Lay and Bukit Gombak).

menthola

The Estimated Delivery Possession Date (EDPD) for Straits Vista @ Marsiling is 31 May 2013. The EDPD is an estimate of the date that HDB is required under the Agreement for Lease to deliver possession of the flat. Applicants will be informed of the actual Delivery Possession Date during the signing of Agreement for Lease. The flats may be completed earlier, depending on the progress of construction. Straits Vista @ Marsiling is expected to complete by May 2012

menthola

JY....

icic but not to worry man.
shld be able to collect earlier cos S'pore kiasu one.... now build flats very the fast.. & meanwhile can save money & reno house chio chio
whhahahah

menthola

Avrilyn,

welcome to this thread....

heehee u went to blk 11 too ah.... quite windy also hehee

surrounding quiet hor.... gd to slp wahahahaha

got go try the bat ku teh as i mention ??

menthola

Hi All,

fyi

i had received the letter from HDB..
I'm given 5 chances ! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Receive news of your balloted queue position by mid-Aug 2008.
~Select your choice flat from Sep 2008.

justme0_0

Hi all, im new user here..

im interested in this marsiling bto too.. wonder why few people are discussing this bto, so far i have found this forum is the most active.
smile.gif