Straits Vista @ Marsiling

chumint

hi hi
the ba ku teh is still very tasty^^ yap the market is back in business. Lots of stalls to choose from.

IL
I stayed there till I was Primary 1. But I do go there eat eat once in a while. I find it a quiet and peaceful place. Buying food and grocery is not a problem but there's no FAST FOOD!! hahah.. I love Mac breakfast on weekend :p
Also transport wise not easily accessable. Maybe it will be better to walk to the mrt station. Also there's no Primary school nearby.. But I'm happy to get this place as it's still near my parents and in-laws, compared to Yishun/ senkang

I think I saw someone asking for a shortcut.. there's one that you have to go through the hill behind woodlands stadium. My mom always use that path to get to the wet market.

west_ger

Hi Chumint

I thought there are two feeder bus to Mrt? I try to walk to Mrt Station but it seem very far. Anyway, what shortcut are you referring to? from SV to MRT?

riversee

Hi Chumint, there is Macs and KFC at the old Woodlands Interchange near the checkpoint, think about 5 minutes walk away.
happy.gif

So you can still have breakfast at Macs!

chumint

hi IL
yes I believed there's 1 or 2 feeder services. Maybe because I'm used to walking from mrt to there so I feed the distance is still ok. hmm.. maybe the shortcut I mentioned is more for when you want to go swimming pool/ stadium.

yeow hoe
thanks but I think causeway point will be nearer? Also there's nothing much to shop shop at the old Woodlands interchange. It's quite dead compare to last time except for shen shiong

farhan
is the traffic really bad in the morning and evening?

west_ger

The site look the same lei. The progress of it seem very slow. haiz
Anyway anybody went to the site and see when is the completion date? Usually they will put outside one.

chumint

angela
oh.. I thought they started the foundation from 12A -> 12B -> 12C.. so when I saw the photos on foundation for 12C, thought they are 2/3 done.. hehe

farhan01

one of the nicest bto design i saw was straits, dunno why they cannot do such designs for the upcoming punggol sk bto, all so boring

kat0606

Hi all future neighbours! long time didn't log in le!
Everyday pass by the site. wish can c more... so far, mainly piling works. )

kat0606

IL> gd qn... i keep on askin my hubbythe same qn. wait till neck super long le... even till now, still piling works, hopefully it will proceed faster after the piling works. heeeee

Our contractor seems to hire far less workers than the other BTO projects at sengkang that I passed by. *shake head*

That's why the work progress is so slow.

seraph

I think so, 'coz my friend apply BTO Punggol Arcadia, the worksite seem to progress faster than here. When we went visiting Punggol, the signboard stated the date of completion is 29/02/2012 & she just selected her flat early this year...

Whenever I passed by the site, I only saw roughly miserable 10 workers.
sad.gif

We have less no. of flats but our flats (30 storeys) are taller than the other BTOs (15-20 storeys).

It's demoralising for me and hubby cos it means that we have to rent room for 4 years. My hubby is considering if we should buy a resale flat to stay first.

chumint

yes.. the construction of straits vista seems to be much slower than the other BTO. I passed by Champions court, which was launch in Jan this year, at Woodlands Ave 1 a few weeks ago and guess what... they have at least completed till the 10th floor.. & it's estimated to finish by Apr 2011.....

west_ger

I think you all see the wrong BTO. That one is not Champions Court is another BTO that launched in the past. How is out Straits Vista?

I heard that after getting keys, we still must spend another 1-2months to get HDB to rectify the holes here and there in our units before we can start our renovations.

If we get the keys in 2012 3rd quarter, we will only probably be able to move into the unit earliest around 2013 Jan.

When I visited the Straits Vista site 2 days ago, the signboard displayed completion date as "3rd quarter 2012" . Hmm so we trust hdb website or signboard?

I hope they do the foundation job very carefully cos our blocks are 30 storeys high lol.

chumint

IL
it's definantly champions court, the one beside the JC. The photos on the progress are posted on the Champions court thread.

Green
Guess that's why our blocks are still stuck at foundation.. 30 storey high is like triple foundation of Champions Court.. But hopefully the progress will be fast after that

See Yeow Hoe
I'm staying at blk 12A too^^

danielz

chumint, i suggest u go check champions court thread again, and come back here to apologize for your mistake

champion courts only started digging less than 2 weeks ago..

please dont give wrong info to demoralize people..

~

Chumint,
Those blocks belong to another BTO that was launched much earlier before the Champion Court. I had visited the Champion Court site last weekend to check it out.

Yah the height of the building indeed influences the construction progress. We are still luckier than the people who took the Pinnacle BTO. They have already waited 5 years. Pinnacle is far taller than our Straits Vista.

chumint

Dear Daniel & everyone
I'm sorry for my mistake & if I made you all feel demoralize. I have checked with hdb and champions court is the only BTO in Woodlands. Looks like I've mistook an upcoming condominium for Champions Court?

Green
thanks. I'm more than hoping to get my unit soon as I'm staying with my in-laws. My hubby, 1yr old baby and me gotta share one tiny room. Can you imagine how crammed the room is with all our stuffs, not to mention most of my stuffs are still at my parents' place..

Anyway I apologise again for my mistake.. *Sorry*

Chumint,
No worry lah.
happy.gif
My eyes make mistakes sometimes too.

I'm renting a room with hubby now. We have spent 7K on rental so far. We do feel heartpain about the 20K that we will spend on 3-years rental but bopian leh. My parents' house has no spare room, while my sil didn't want us to stay with them. My landlord house is kinda unusual. They rent 2 out of 3 rooms out, and make their sons and daughter + hubby sleep at living room :p At least, you and me have a room to sleep in.

Think of the rental fees that you will save. And meantime, you and hubby can save up for the renovation. Now 4-room already needs 40K for renovation and furnishing. With the yearly inflation, I don't know how much money we will need for renovation and furnishing in 3 years time?

Time always passes very fast one. See, Xmas is here again! We will get our keys soon!

1254665.jpg

I have to shrink the pic to a very small one due to this forum's image size restriction.

Yup, the foundation for the 3 blocks seemed to be completed.

Daniel,
This pic was taken from 15th floor.

There are 3 large square plots of cemented foundations, 1 for each block. The circular things have mental rods sticking out; I guess they will be made into pillars.

The estimated completion date at the site's signboard is still 3rd quarter 2012.