Star Furniture

cheertho

hi joy,

yup... i brought from Kallang Furniture ... Service was alright ... it takes quite fast for them to replace the detected furniture... Quality i think ok lah... not so sure how to define ... wat u plan to buy ???

joyousonline

i also just bought a tv console and coffee table from them..at toh guan branch..cannot comment much until they deliver this month..

astrogirl

may i noe which branch has the widest variety of products? i would like to go and take a look at the products they offer. Thanks.

ansonteo

I bought my bed room set about 8 years back. Still as good as new. When I had to move house, I got Star to move the furniture for a nominal fee (think was abt $200) - includes unpacking and re-installation. As the truck was big, I even lompang all my barang barang, and the workers were kind enough to help me carry the non-Star things. I am happy with their quality and service. Certain much more durable than Ikea stuff.

cactus79

i bought my tv console, wardrobes, dining set and bed frame from the toh guan branch a few months ago. The delivery was prompt and the installation of the furniture was quick and no hicccups. Their customer service even called me up the day before delivery to re-confirm.

elitegal

hi jo...

yes, there's 0% instalment plan there.=)

i just bought my dining set from a very frenly uncle at their sungei kadut branch.

enjoy ur shopping! =)

elitegal

hi jo...

yes, there's 0% instalment plan there.=)

i just bought my dining set from a very frenly uncle at their sungei kadut branch.

enjoy ur shopping! =)

jasnick

hi all,

me jus went walk walk at star furniture.. before that went ikea and courts le..

me looking for sofa, dining set and bedroom set (bed, wardrobe, side tables, dresser)

after comparing all 3, i would recommend star furniture.. the bedroom set was so cheap! from 1800-2400.. whereas courts' bedroom set about 3k.. ikea's stuff very woody loh.. nothing fanciful..

then at star furniture, i saw one dining set with 4 chairs (leather).. the table is of good quality (tempered glass).. very nice.. selling for 499.. whereas the rest 999..

if you r free should go n take a look.. heehee..

and now they got sale till sun.. go go.. =)

am_blessed

so glad to hear many good comments on their service. i havent bought any furniture yet...part of the reasons is i was terrified by so many horrible stories with many furniture shops in this sgbrides forum.

JJ and cactus,
may i know the sales person name who attended to you last time..if not comfy to tell here, u may want to email me at [email protected]
other gals who wish to recommend any names, u r most welcomed ^_^

Btw, i visited their website and really...the sales are so tempting!!! So, dun miss it ...hehe. Wish u all happy furniture hunting

cactus79

hi am_blessed, i can't remember liao. will go home and check the receipts and let you know the sales person who attended to me.

hi fuyutsuki, i feel that ikea furnitures are not very durable. considering that the quality of star furnitures are better, their prices are actually more competitive than ikea prices.

elitegal

hi am_blessed & all others,

the salesguy who attended to me is mr chong.
he's from the sungei kadut branch.=)

we initially arranged for my dining set to reach our place on 15th apr (next sat). but we need to move in real fast by 8th apr. so, we told him abt our urgent need.

even though their delivery schedule is fully packed for 8th april..chong still asked his delivery dept to make a special arrangemt for me:
deliver the dining set to us on 7th apr, aft 7pm so tt we can receive it after working hrs and not affect our move-in process.=)

very nice of him..rite? =) ha ha..

once i hav received their order, i will let u all know how is their delivery n installation service. =)

joyousonline

yeah star furniture is good and prompt. bought a tv console and coffee table..they came and delivered on specified time and date and did the installation.

hello88

actually it depends. I previously ordered a L-shape sofa from Furniture Warehouse aka Star Furniture. Delivery was stated as between 12-2pm. Waited till 6pm and I had to call the delivery section. They said they would check. At 7.45pm, the delivery man (a China man) called and said they were busy but would deliver my sofa by 8.30pm as they were close by at East side. I'm at North East. Waited Waited.....delivery came only at 10.30pm. I cant imagine those who took leave to wait for the delivery. I'm quite a forgiving person and I was OFF that day so it doesnt really matter to me. Just a bit pissed off with the whole arrangement but other than that was ok.

friends78

I just bought my sofa from Star Furniture @ $499 during their sales. Prompt delivery, can say it is cheap & good. Comes with ottoman (Not shown in the picture)
359439.jpg

ferrari__

hi FRIENDS,

I like ur sofa !! NICE ! WHat's the 2 greeny tools at the side ?? so cute.. keke

BTW, where is STAR furniture ?

friends78

Aiyoh...how come everyone notice my green tools leh? Ferrari, u r the 5th person.... I bought them at Vhive at $15 each... At first don't intend to get sofa cos of budget...Nice sofa cost around $1k and i don't want the normal 'high back' ones so bought the tools instead. Now sit on it to wear shoes loh...

I bought mine at Kallang Riverfront branch, 398 Kallang Rd.

cactus79

hi am_blessed, finally remember to check. the sales person to attended to me is Jackie from Toh Guan branch.

ferrari__

hi Friends,

keke, ur green stools very cute and striking mah ! They are nice, blend very well into ur house. Okie. My hubby said he knows where is it. keke.

Ur sales person is who ah ?!

Any idea how is their dinning set ? I'm looking into those glass top type.

BTW, what is ottoman !?

friends78

Hi Ferrari

I can't remember who is the sales person liao. Throw away the receipt:p

Ottoman is a big movable square stool. Can be joined to the sofa to make it a L shape. Don't know u know what I'm trying to say... Hee... Hee...

pecker

Hi Friends,

What material is ur green stool made of? Which Vhive did u get them from? Dun see them featured in Vhive's website leh ...

elitegal

Hi all,

My relatives had given me Brighton vouchers. We have used up quite a number of them and we still have 20 pieces of $50 vouchers left.

Do PM me if you are interested to buy Brighton furnitures at a lower price, using these vouchers.=-)

Do let me know how many vouchers you would like to buy and the price you offer.

Here's the locations of Brighton Furniture Stores:
1 Sungei Kadut Crescent (Tel: 6269 5009)
72 Geylang Lor 23 (Tel: 6744 6443)
Blk 201 Henderson Industrial Park #01-06 & #02-06 (Tel: 6276 0116)

Thanks! =)

strawberry_love

Bought my sofa yesterday from Toh Guan branch, quite satisfied with the salesguy who attended to me and my hubby. will post more again when my sofa arrived.

am_blessed

Hi mymelody,
who's the salesguy attended to you?
Can you bargain? I've ever tried to bargain in their IMMM branch. they're not willing to reduce the price at all, not even a single cent =(

strawberry_love

Hi am_blessed,

i cant bargain futher too, the prices are all in NETT. Good thing abt them is they are honest with their prices and they displayed their prices on every piece of their furni. Unlike some other furni shops, they didnt displayed their prices and quote high,when we asked for discount they reduced a bit. Even so, actually there's no discount at all. So what's the point?

jasnick

hihi,

star furniture can give discount wan.. i went b4 and after walking one round the showroom and when i was about to leave the place, the salesperson attending to me n hubby say can give us discount if we reali interested..

then i ask how much.. then she said depending on what we buy n how much.. but she def will give us discount..

strawberry_love

hi angel_z,
which showroom u went? i went to IMM and the sales person not willing to give discounts no matter how interested me and my hubby are.

jasnick

i went to sungei kadut one.. the one near lim chu kang.. i went to IMM before too but the salesperson there didnt offer me discount..

maybe you wan to go sungei kadut n see see?

strawberry_love

ic, is the discount attractive? i already got my sofa from their Toh Guan Branch
sad.gif

next time will pop by Sungei Kadut to look for other funitures.

jasnick

heehee..

in the end i didnt buy from start furniture cos didnt see anything we reali like.. so oso didnt manage to find out from her how much discount she will give..

have fun shopping!! :D

yanni

angel_z, been there quite a few times, their prices are all nett and fixed. Can't bargain 1.
But if the sales person gives u a discount, it means its from her own commision so she will take out cash to give u on the spot.

Coz on the receipt and payment wise, they have to receive and write down the exact amount stated. even if the salesman give u discount, it wun be listed on the receipt as its out of their own pocket.

mymelody, no need be sad, their prices are fixed 1. my frens and relatives bought from them a few times already so i'm quite farmilia with their practise. hehehe

So far i got quite good service from them. Also happy as the prices are all fixed so I know i wun be getting cheated.

jasnick

hihi,

ya.. i oso think it should be from their own commission..

but my fren who went there oso got discount from one of the salesperson..

but hor.. i bought sofa and bedroom set from nova furniture.. the salesperson oso gave me discount from the total price.. and that is reflected in the receipt..

strawberry_love

Yanni,
ya i agree with the good services received from Star Furniture so far.

looking forward to received my sofa in Oct.
will post more abt their delivery and such.

ah_c

Service is good, just order a bed frame and coffee table, will be collecting it in mid dec. But think the quality should be quite good. Price resonable as they say they have promotion now.

sunbubble

I just bought a dining set, one queen size bed & 1 set of 3+1+1 full leather sofa from the Toh Guah Branch. Insofar, their service is excellent! I havent got my items delivered yet but we shall see how it goes.

BTW, I got the below for sale!!

***STAR FURNITURE $300 ACCESSORIES GIFT VOUCHERS ***

VALID TILL 30TH MAY 2007.

EACH VOUCHER COMES IN $100 DENOMINATION. GOT 3 PIECES FOR PURCHASE!

SELLING AT -
1. $260 FOR ALL 3 VOUCHERS
2. $180 FOR 2 VOUCHERS
3. $90 FOR 1 VOUCHER

TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. Only valid for Star Furniture Industries P/L home furnishing accessories in Singapore outlets.
2. Not exchangeable for cash (in part or in full).
3. No refund will be given for balance of any unutilised value of the voucher.
4. Will not be accepted if its torn or defaced.
5. Not replaceable if lost or damaged.
6. This voucher is only valid till expiry date stated.
7. This voucher is not valid unless duly signed and stamped by authorised personnel from STAR FURNITURE Industries P/L.

The vouchers I am selling are valid. Pics of voucher will be available upon request.

List of Participanting outlets:
1. Upper Thomsom Branch
2. Toh Guan Branch
3. Sungei Kadut Branch
4. IMM Branch
5. The Plaza Branch

Visit: www.starXXXX.com (replace "XXXX" with "furn")

Contact me at [email protected]

Vouchers can only be utilized on lightings, lamps, vases etc...not on furniture, bed & sofa.

Pls note.

twinnie07

I have a 8-ft TV console and coffee table from Star Fxxx for sale. 8mths old, in perfect condition.

Prices negotiable.

Mazzo series

483663.jpg

UP:$799 (selling at $500)

483664.jpg

Selling coffee table on the left. UP: $499 (selling at $320)

chrisop

I bought my sofa set and dining table from Mondi which is under Star Furniture. Very happy with my purchase and also with their service.
happy.gif

rainpod

i bought my dining table from mondi (furniture mall outlet) too. thumbs up for service, delivery and installation.