Sothys

ssl

Hi Cynthia,Lynn, Newbie and eustoma,

Sothys got man products liao leh. Rec the newsletter today. heehee.

Its called Sothys Homme. Wonder if the products are in SIngapore liao?? But my hubby sure wont go facial one.

They have three home care products - cleanser, moisturiser and age defying (to reduce wrinkles)

Hi eustoma,

AH... its ok. I went to the one at OUB centre to try liaoz. Did acne treatment cos i have this HUGE pimple on my chin. $99.

Still prefer Daphne's skills. Really.
happy.gif

My sis doesnt use sothys. I was there to enquire on body products and one of the sales girls talk to my sis separately.

And without me knowing, my sis bought the serum liaoz. Haiz kenna conned. hahaha

eustoma

Hi SSL, I saw the Sothys Homme poster at Sothy@Wheelock today when I went for my back treatment.

Last time my FH oso didnt want to go facial with me. Have to drag him there. But when he tried once, he really liked it. Becos it's very relaxing like a massage on the face.

Any one of you using the SECRETS range? My beautician gave me a sample for the lips and another for the face. It's supposed to pump up those wrinkles. According to her, the results are quite visible.

dreamer

dear all, i am new here and i read a lot about Daphne. I am interested to seek her consultation. May i know which salon is Daphne at ?
I will be rom-ing in Sep this yr and i really need to solve my problematic face. I have got very acne prone face and it takes forever for the acne to "flaten". And the most irritating thing is that it always leave a mark...reallllly hate it.
Thanks gals...
happy.gif
really appreciate if you can share with me your experience with Daphne :p

ssl

Hi eustoma

Cynthia, Lynn and myself are all using secrets. Me not a "every day" user. Only use it at my laugh lines and i do see some "disappearing" lines though.
happy.gif

Dont think hubby will want to spend that much money on his face. Think pulling him for body massage is easier than facial. hahaha

Hi dreamer

Welcome to the sothys family.

Daphne's salon is located beside Tresse's Hair Salon at level three. In between Harvey Norman and Family Health store.

There is a BIG Sothys Board outside her shop. But do call her to arrange for consultation and /or appointment. Cos she is not always at her salon.
happy.gif

ssl

hi eustoma

no lah. i bought it after cynthia and lynn lah. maybe u can wait till lynn and cynthia's response??

i dont use it every day cos lazy. heehee but the first time i used, i noticed the difference. Probably next time use on neck line to see if its really helpful to reduce the wrinkles.

C

*cynthia*

Hi Eustoma, I used the secret serum on my "neck lines". Can see it being slightly fainter after about a week... but that's it. Perhaps me not diligent these 2 weeks to continue lah...
lame.gif

soupie

hi eustoma, can i check with u how much do they charge for facial at the sothys branch at wheelock place?

SSL, i read that u're using sothys sensitive range of products too
happy.gif
i've tried daphne and liked her face massage and the products she used which was for my sensitive and dehydrated skin.. she charged me 138 which she mention is more.. expensive than usual cos i was using the sensitive range. so are u using this pkg too?
happy.gif

ssl

Hi soupie

I'm currently using Immuniscience range and active contour range of products. Immuniscience is more to soothe my sensitive skin and active contour is to reduce the oil along my T zone.

My facial package with Daphne is 3+2, ie. 3 oxygenating or purifying and 2 hydroptimale facials. Not exactly sure how much is one session cos usually wont ask her.

Yes, she did told me that the sensitive range series products are more expensive than the normal ones. Like the clearness toner and clearness beauty milk are all more expensive than the normal range.

soupie

SSL, oops i dun even know wat range i'm using.. hehe.. i got a moisturiser from her.. it's for ultra sensitive skin.. to soothe and reduce redness. my skin is pretty sensitive.. especially around the cheek area.. it's get red and patchy easily.. i've actually signed up for a pkg too which consists of the purifying and hydrating facial.. she will decide which is to use depending on my skin condition when i visit her
happy.gif

but i was just wondering if the one at wheelock place is cheaper?

ssl

Hi soupie

The moisturiser u bought from daphne could be immuniscience fluide. I also have the same symptoms like u. she didnt ask u to buy the clearness serum which helps to reduce the redness too??

If u are interested, you can can the wheellock services. I've tried the one at OUB centre and i still prefer Daphne's massage skills.

Probably will try the wheellock one one day.
happy.gif

M

mee mee

Hi gals,

Has anyone of you tried facial at Sothy Saloon at Amara Hotel? Do you get a Sothy card mentioned in this thread? I went there and bought some bottles after the facial but wasn't given any Sothy card...

mee mee

dogbone

Hi,
Does anyone has the contact no of Sothys at Wheelock Place and also the pricing of their packages? Any review on their services?

dogbone

Hi,
Remember one of member posted that there is a salon that uses Sothy product at Far East Plaza or lucky plaza that cost $28. Do you have the contact person n number?

S

sothysuser

cythia

izzit true that they are selling sothys products !@$28/- only??
they using sothsys 4 their facials as well?

r they // importer then?

Pls advise.

arctic_hare

Sothysuser, think it's their facials that cost $28. Not products. Dunno how much they charge for products. Yes, they are using Sothys products for facials.

// importers? Me not sure. But you can call Sothys Centre to find out if they are one of the authorised beauty salon. Sothys Centre is the Sothys office in Singapore and normally training for beauticians are conducted in their office. Their telephone number is 6737-0101.

momoechan

hi moulinrouge
i go to soothys at oub centre. for sensitive skin, the facial is $99/session. i like this outlet, have been with them since jan 2001. they're very professional and friendly and do not push u to get their products. u can contact them at 65355669. they have 2 beauticians, lilian & diana, mine is diana.

momoechan

hi angela

hee hee, not sure if soothys at oub does back treatments. they've never told me abt it before, so i'm unable to share this with u, sorry
happy.gif

momoechan

hi angela
i think their ala carte prices should be quite standard but may differ in package prices, i guess it depends on their location and service. i've been happy with mine so i never tried out the other branches
happy.gif

moulinrouge

Hi gals,

I tried a sensitive skin facial with sothys products at Chinatown pt.

The girl is quite nice to follow up with me after my facial to check if im using the sample products correctly and whether i still face any redness after I have gone home.

Her skill-wise, I am not a good judge cos have not tried others.

But i felt her service is not bad and the introductory price for my sensitive facial is only $68.

I signed a short term package wt her so my facial actually cost $66.

I guess i will finish my short term package first before deciding if I want to change or stick wt her.

postpet2

Hi girls,

i'm a first timer for facials.
Was wondering if Sothys pdts are suitable for first timers?

Are there any branches in town or north area?

spring

Anyone using Sothys products and facials ?

Is Angel Face salon @ Tanjong Pagar Complex good ?
They carry both Dermalogica and Sothys.
$495 for 7 sessions reasonable ?
That works out to be $70 per session.

D'amara Beauty Centre @ Amara Hotel Shopping Centre is offering $988 for 10 sessions with $250 voucher redeemable for Sothys products.
That works out to be $74 per session.
they only carry Sothys products.

Is Sothys more expensive than Derma ?

Appreciate your feedback.

kikilalalts

Hi Sothys users:

Daphne recommended me a serum for pimple. A small bottle that cost $93. Could someone tell me the exact name of the pimple serum? I saw the sothy brochure and saw quite a few serum that looks exactly the same, so no sure which one it was.

Do all facial salon quote the same price for the same product? If not, anyone knows where I can get the serum at a cheaper price?

Oh, by the way, anyone here tried the pimple serum? is it really effective (e.g.. how many days it took for the pimple to go away, or it just cure the redness etc)? For such an expensive small bottle, I want to get feedback first before i buy :p

Thank you very much
happy.gif

arctic_hare

Hi postpet, there are several salons in town using Sothys products.

Daphne at Raffles City is one. Others I can think of is Genesis at Centrepoint. Orchard Emerald also have I think.... D'amara at Amara, and one in UOB Building.

I am sure there are salons in the north too...
happy.gif

Sothys product are made of plants extracts, all natural products, no chemical added. Should be alright for first timer. If you are worried, go for a trial and ask for samples to try for 2 weeks.

arctic_hare

Kiki, you must be referring to either the oil control serum or the purifying serum. Daphne ever let me try before... when I have a pimple during my facial. So far, I find that the effect is the same as when I use other brands of pimple lotion. I din buy from Sothys but another pharmacy brand from Guardian. No diff to me leh... Maybe my skin too indifferent to feel any diff.

But then though it's expensive, one such bottle can last for pretty long. So, it may be worth it to get that.

postpet2

Hi cyn,

thanks for the info. it seems that daphne at raffles city is a very popular choice with you girls here.
Is she pushy in buying pdts? cos i've no intention to buy pdts cos i'm currently using anotehr brand.
do you have the number of daphne? how can i search for the branches contact ah? just type sothys in search engine or do they have a common shop name?

lyd

I just had my Oxyliance facial today at JS beauty and wow, i love the effects, my skin looks so healthy and glowly and no swells and ugly reddness which I always had with extractions. I love it!!

sailor_p

Hi Margaret

I am with Angelface at Tanjong Pagar. I find her facials pretty good and her package is good. For the $495 for 7 sessions, you get free eyetreatments which I think is very reasonable. Moreover, the $495 package includes facials like oxgyenating, purifying, AHA, Vitamin C and etc. She got another package that includes the more high-end... she doesn't really push the high-end treatments to me...

lyd

Cyn, their usual treatment price is $99, i had a 20% discount for this treatment cos I had a voucher.

sailor_p, wow, your package is pretty good! How's the skills of the beautician?

arctic_hare

Thanks Jewel. Wow... it's so much cheaper than what Daphne is charging me. I think the usual price for an Oxyliance facial at her place is $180.
lame.gif

postpet2

Hi girls,

Finally have gone to do my first facial with Sothys. I went to the Palais Renaissance one cos Daphne is packed that day.

Service and ambience very good leh...
I paid $110 for the facial.
Got shoulder massage and foot soak.
Is this something common with Dahpne as well?

The beautician, Joyce told me about her package. About $1100 for 10 sessions. For the basic one, not the oxgenating one. Then free 2 eye treatment, 1 back scrub and massage.

Cyn : Can you tell me if the package is the same as what daphne is offering too?

sailor_p : wow, your package looks very attractive now. Using Sothys products too?
Which part of tanjong pagar is it located at?
Maybe can go try next month before sign package with anyone.

sailor_p

Hi ladies

Angelface is located at Tanjong Pagar Complex - HDB flats(opp Amara Hotel). They used Sothys and Dermalogica products - but emphasis is still on Sothys. The S$495 package is for the hydrating, oxgenating, vitamin c, AHA treatments etc. They have another package where there are highend treatments like hydroptimal, lift defense etc.. I like the way they sell, I signed up for the high-end package initally, for the 2nd package, they told me to sign up the $495 package as they don't see the need for me to put so much "hao-liao", it's like eating bird nest everything concept...

Hving been to both BI and Daphne, I quite like Angelface as I can get both dermalogica and sothys products there. The only thing is Angelface offers 10% discount instead of 20%. I guess, if you compare, either they sell you expensive package but cheaper products or cheaper package but slightly higher products. I've tried the boss', Angie, and one of the beautician called Ivy skills. Their skills are comparable to BI and Daphne. But be mindful that the ambience may not be as good as Daphne's place (but better than BI).

But I like their massage skills and their facial only lasts 1.5hr. Ivy also did quite extensive extraction which does not leave red marks at all. The only complain I have with BI is that sometimes their facials can drag to 2.5hr!!!!

sailor_p

Hi ladies

You can contact Angie (the boss of Angel Face ) @ 62213723 or 91017982.

Her address is:
Angel Face
Blk 1
Tanjong Pagar Plaza #01-48
Singapore 082001

Her shop is located behind the POSB and is next to another hair salon. Walking distance from Tanjong Pagar MRT station...She got another shop at Chinatown point but most of the time, she's at Tanjong Pagar Complex. Btw, she doesn't open on Sundays and public holiday unless prior appointment. However, she's quite nice. I called her on 1 Jan 04 (New Year Day) and she especially opened her shop for me!

Do give her a try. As she is carrying both dermalogica and sothys products, she can recommend what is good and how to compliment between the two brands.

joy_apr

Hi Sailor,

Thanks for sharing your experience at Angel Face.
I have tried facial at Daphne and BI..and am now looking around for another facial shop..

Would give a try with Angel Face as I used both derma and sothys products, would be good to have Angie recommened me which is better for my skin. But likelihood to try out after I give birth..

Thanks again!
happy.gif

arctic_hare

postpet, sorry for the late reply.

I think Daphne's package will depends on the promotion then. Most of the times it's only for 5 or 6 session, so it's more affordable. $110 for basic facial sounds comparable. But Daphne does not have foot soak lah... she will massage the scalp and shoulders though. Free eye treatments will depends on the current promotion. Not everytime have.

But if compared to sailor's contact, I think angelface is cheaper.

Sailor, the $495 package is how many sessions?

postpet2

Thanks cyn...

I think sailor's contact for $495 package is for 7 sessions which work out to just $71 each and it is for the oygenating and vit c kind of facial. so i think its really worth it lor...

moulinrouge

Hi,

I have mentioned in my prev posting.
I have tried the Chinatown Pt one, my package is 200 for 3 sessions (66 per session).

I din want a longer period package as its my first time, and im just trying out.

I have decided to try Daphne, as highly rec by the girls here.

If there really is a difference in skills (bw Daphne and Angelface), I may then consider between the 2.

The thing i dun quite like with angelface, is that i dun really know which masks she is puttin for me, i cant be sure if tis sothy's or dermalogica.

She told me that she would put whichever product she deems suit my skin at the point in time.