Sothys

J

jo

The 15% discount is on products. The Yishun one is at Yishun MRT opp, walking distance of 1min.

The package is meant for Normal, Combination facial. If you want, can check with them further.

C

*cynthia*

Hi Jo,

I see. Thanks for the info.
happy.gif

forest

hi jo,
wow.. thanks for the info..
happy.gif

hi ssl,
wah... envy envy... "happily married to become a housewife"... tt's my dream occupation leh!!!

wow.. the BI promo tt u signed up is really a gd deal!!! actually, rite now.. i m badly in need of a massage.. cos' prob i dint sleep in a proper position last nite.. n my entire neck n shoulders is suffering!!!
sad.gif

hi cynthia,
wah... 9 more wks... u must b feelin excited huh?? do u know the gender of ur bb??

actually, i think it shd b alrite to go for massage during pregnancy also rite?? hmm.. thot i ever saw some documentary abt massage for pregnant women.. tt it's gd n all.. hee. although i dint had my full attention on the details of the programme...
embarrassed.gif

C

*cynthia*

Hi forest, it's a girl.
happy.gif

Yes, pregnant ladies can go for massages too. In fact, it's encouraged to do so in the West. However, the masseur should be trained in doing so, as massaging a pregnant lady is different from massaging a not-pregnant lady. Must be careful not to induce early labour. Also, the massage chair must be able to cater to the big tummy.
happy.gif

ssl

Hi forest

me is a "working housewife" ie. i am working also. heehee

u can go for BI'a massage and then decide if u want to sign up or not. After i've signed my package, their next month's promo was 50% discount. Aiyor, lagi better!!!

C

*cynthia*

Hi girls, want to know what exactly happens during Oxyliance Institute Treatment??? Read on.

Found this on the web...

Imagine being cocooned in warm towel compresses imbued with aromatic essential-oils. The Oxyliance IT incorporates both this cocooning effect together with active energising treatment products to enliven and energise tired, dull or stressed skin, and may utilise the specific Digi-Esthetique massage technique.

1. Detoxifying Gumming Mask - A clay from Morocco known for its deep cleansing and purifying properties.

2. Vitality Essential Oils - A combination of 5 essential-oils to relax, rejuvinate and calm when applied via warm towel compresses throughout the treatment.

3. Spherulites® concentrate - Intensive serum with active oxygenating principles in a 'time-release' super liposome format.

4. Velvety Modelling Cream - A soft, hydrating massage cream used with specific massage techniques.

5. Anti-pollution Water Pearls - A delicious spraying of protecting water pearls to refresh and enliven the skin at the completion of the treatment.

I always wonder what water did Daphne used on me at the end of the facial. Now I know!
happy.gif

forest

hi cynthia,
ah.. i c i c... also jus found out tt my coll's gf's fren jus open a massage ctr.. n they do cater for pre n post natal massage... wonder if they r any gd?!?

wow... the oxyliance institute treatment sounds heavenly!!!!!! i will definitely give it a try 1 of these days!
happy.gif

hi ssl,
oh i c... u r a wkg housewife... can share wat u working as??? it's kinda nice to b a wkg housewife... wonder wat occupation allows tt leh.... its my dream!!!!!!!!
happy.gif

ssl

err. forest,

U may have mistaken my meaing of working housewife. "working housewife" means i worked full time outside and i also tidy up the house. Just like cynthia.
happy.gif
but she better cos she living with her inlaws so got someone to look after her.

me in HR line. well, its part and parcel of tidying up house once u are married (or once u have your own house)

forest

*oops*.... ssl,
hee hee.. i got the impression tt u were saying tt u r wkg frm hm.... n is a hsewife! hee hee... oic.. u r in HR...

yup.. i know.. i actually hve my own plc already..jus tt its my hubby who's staying there now.. n i will only move in after our customary.. practically, every wkend is cleaning day.... *hahaha*
happy.gif

ssl

Hi forest

I know the feeling cos my situation was very much like yours. Before customary, hubby stayed there occassionally.

And i occassionally will go there and clean the house, sometimes with hubby's help.
happy.gif

Very siong hor. Wait till u stay there.
uhoh.gif
Heehee

But my advise is, take it slowly. u can never finish cleaning all stuff. And when you finally cleaned all areas, those that you have cleaned earlier are dirty again. heehee

Y

yellowtulip_1999

Hi everyone...
I have also tried a few sothys treatment ranging from treatment that treats oil skin, treats pimples/acne (new) and oxyliance too. All are good! But i don't sign up any courses cause too lazy. Only as an when when i feel like to pamper myself. I'm using their homecare products and love most the Hydra Matt Fluid & Oil Control Serum

espresso

hi yellowtulip, does the matt fluid and serum really helps control the greasiness? i also have very oily skin. how long u need to use the products before u see result?

C

*cynthia*

Hi yellowtulip,

The treatment for oily skin - is it the Sebum Regulating Institute Treatment?

Hi espresso,

Just for info: these are the homecare products for this series...
<FONT COLOR="0000ff">Hydramatt Fluid
Active Cream
Absorbant Mask
Oil-control Serum
Purifying Serum
</FONT>

forest

Hi SSL,
ya lor.. have exactly the same feelings as u.. can nv finish cleaning up!! somtimes, 1 day after cleaning, the plc is dirty again!! Really takes a lot of effort to maintain a house... Kudos to my mum man!!
biggrin.gif

hi cynthia,
i also hve oily skin.. but i think its dehydrated on the surface.. is the homecare products tt u mentioned above suitable for me? Am thinking of getting a new cleanser.. Any suggestions? The hydramatt fluid acts as a moisturiser? How abt the serum?? Wat do they do?

sorry for sooo many qns.. but appreciate ur advise!
happy.gif

yellowtulip

Hi espresso,
yes it really work on me. My skin are extremely oily after used very much reduce. At least my make-up stay longer now. Can't remember it takes how long but after i tried i stick on it and will not change other brand anymore.

yellowtulip

beside using the right moisturizer, mask also very important. I'm very hardworking in using it at least twice a week and you can see great improvements if you persist on it. more vital, less oily and pores are very much refine.
I have 3 bottles of mask and alternate them depends on my skin conditions.
I'm using the Sothys Vitality Mask &amp; Sothys Absorbant Mask and Marine Mud (this is not from sothys).

C

*cynthia*

Hello...
happy.gif

Those who are interested in the Sebum Regulating Institute Treatment can read it here!

C

*cynthia*

Hi forest,

There are many people like you: oily skin but dehydrated on the surface... like eustoma and newbie... They may be able to advise you on what kind of products is better....

I remembered Daphne telling eustoma that it's better for her to deal with the dehydration first, then control the oil.

Oil-control serum is a serum with multivitamins and plant extracts. It has a double action which regenerates and evens out skin tone (to be used on the entire face).

Purifying serum. Thin liquid texture purifying and stabilizing which leaves the skin smooth, shine-free, and supple and tightens the pores (to be used locally on skin blemishes).

For cleanser, you can try purifying beauty milk and purifying lotion.
happy.gif

ssl

Hi

I'm also using hydramatt Fluide and Absorbent Mask. Will use Oil Control Serum when need to. The fluide gives a matt feeling after application.

eustoma

Hiya! Saw my name here!

Hello Cynthia, SSL and everybody!

That's right, wow Cynthia, u remember every words Daphne says!

Now I kinda regret not getting the oil control serum together on tt day.

What's the difference between beauty milk and lotion? Do they serve the same purposes?

Hi Yellowtulip, what's Vitality mask for?

C

*cynthia*

Eustoma,

Vitality Mask is the mask from the Hydra-Protective series... same series as the softening emulsion (the one which can be used as a makeup base).

The mask contains chaparral, purifying yeast, witch hazel (astringent) and avocado oil (softening): specially studied for combination skins, with its normalizing refreshing properties. For a clear, healthy skin.

Wah... u spent so much that day and still want to get some more??
uhoh.gif

eustoma

hi cynthia, thanks for the info!

just so happen tt most of the stuff running out soon, so must as well get them all.

now my makeup remover is going to run out, i'm thinking of getting the beauty milk.

do u think i can still get from daphne with the 20% thru u?

btw, daphne does back treatment also right? after 5 sessions of back treatment, i find tt my back is still pimply. maybe it's not tt the treatment is not effective, maybe something wrong with my gland
sad.gif

C

*cynthia*

eustoma,

You can try calling Daphne and asked if you'll still get the discount if u go alone. Otherwise, you can buy from Wheelock..., coz then you are entitled to the Sothys stamps mah... I am only visiting her end of the month leh...

Ermm.. did hear Daphne says she does back treatment as well... Why dun u give her a try and see how's the results?
happy.gif

ssl

Halo eustoma

U would normally use Beauty Milk before your cleanser. Its call double cleansing. Right, cynthia??

eustoma

cynthia,

i'd like to try daphne too. but am afraid tt the results will be the same
sad.gif
actually i prefer wheelock than raffles city cos it's less crowded. anyway, will c how la since i've 2 more sessions with wheelock.

ssl,

when r u going to daphne again?

ssl

Hi eustoma

I've not make my next apt with her. Just seen her last Sunday. Probably beginning of June.

csc

Hi everyone,

Hmm look like cynthia know a lot of sothys products.
Yes the vitality mask is under the Hydra Protective line. It a very good mask. You can see instant result after one application. More vital and skin tones color are more even. Myself are using purifying lotion and blanc perfect lotion at night. Tried purifying milk and now are mixing around with normalizing and clearness milk depends on my skin conditions.
Me too are sothys's fan...... but more on retail products.
One more need to share with all of you. Have anyone of you tried Sothys Mascara?
Its execellent. I love it very much.

C

*cynthia*

Hi Eustoma, ermm... Daphne did mentioned that if your acne scar has been there for quite some time, you may need more sessions to see the effects, as compared to new ones.
happy.gif

btw, are you already married or preparing to be married? hee hee... think I have not asked you this before, right
lame.gif
?

Hi CSC,

I have used quite a lot of Sothys products, including the Vitality Mask. Personally, I did not feel the effect as you. Think Oxyliance Mask did a better job on me.
happy.gif

Well, there's a lot of information on the Internet. Normally, when the girls asked questions on any Sothys products, I will search for product and customer reviews, before I reply. Unless they are asking for my personal experience lah... I'm not an expert, not even a trained beautician... just a satisfied customer of Sothys products.

Hmmm... I have not used Sothys Mascara before, coz I am very bad at making up my face. At most I use concealer and loose powder. Started on Oxyliance foundation and the eye momo recently... sometimes even couldn't be bothered to put lipstick... hehehe...

forest

Hi cynthia,

wow.. thanks for ur info.. well, i guess, i shall wait till i'm meeting up with them b4 i buy any products...
happy.gif

oh.. i will b finishing up my clarins pkg soon.. hahah.. cant wait to try out sothys... cos' of all the rave reviews tt i've been reading out here!!
happy.gif

ssl

Hi forest

Dont forget to share with us your experience when you do try out the sothys facial okie.
happy.gif

Hi Cynthia

Is the eye momo the one i bought too?? heehee sounds cute

forest

hi ssl,
sure... will update u when i meet them.. shd b either june or july...
happy.gif

hi cynthia,
wat is eye momo huh??? the name very cute leh.. very kawaii....
happy.gif

C

*cynthia*

Hi Eustoma, congrats!
happy.gif

Are you wearing a low-back gown?? Think 4 months should be sufficient for the results to get more apparent lah...

Dun worry too much and be a stress-free bride.

eustoma

Hi Cynthia, thanks!

I'm not wearing low back, dont dare to with a back like mine ;P

I'm just wearing a bustier, but still the upper back will be revealed. Thus, got to do something abt it ;P

Sometimes I really wished tt I dun hv to go thru the agony of all these - slimming, facial, back treatment, hair, skincare, etc. just becos of a wedding.

But I guess it's just another phase of life ;P

So, both u n SSL married already, how's married life so far? Any good advice to give?

Think with the baby coming along soon, you gonna experience another kind of joy soon ;)

C

*cynthia*

Actually, I find that as long as you enjoy the planning of the wedding, the wedding day itself and looking forward your married life, it doesn't really matter to our hubby or us how the wedding actually goes on that actual day.... Now you ask me, I also can't remember much liao...

Advice? I think after marriage, everything gotta close one eye loh... regardless of how fantastic or perfect we think our hubbies are. Only when you lived together, then we'll be able to know what's under the tip of the ice-berg.
happy.gif

ssl

Hi eustoma.

Congrats!
happy.gif
happy.gif

Well like what cynthia say, enjoy the moments of happy planning and look forward to the big day.

For me, after the day's event, i almost forgot about how it went. heehee and after my honeymoon more was forgotten. cos its been a year of planning and its really tiring. So once the actual banquet was over, me and hubby so relief.

Married life was the same as before. Housework and housework. Just more housework now. Initially i cant get used to it and felt very tired. But then after a while i got used to the routine so can managed better.

Many commented i slim down. :p but i dont feel it. Just felt tired. ANyway, as what cynthia commented, we just have to live with the fact that every day is a learning day for us - as a couple - to learn new things about each other's life, habits, etc.

But i like it cos i get to cook for my hubby.
happy.gif
something which i dont get to do as a couple. Cos no kitchen to use. hahaha

For you, now - rest well, relax and go for more pampering sessions before the big day!

ssl

Hi

ANyone knows if the Sothys branch at OUB Centre offers Immuniscience facial?? And how much is it? Keen to try since my office at OUB Centre. Has anyone tried and would like to recommend their beautician??

HI Eustoma

U on package with Wheellock branch right?? They have this Soothing Facial. Is it the same as Immuniscience Facial?? Is it still $99 of has the price gone up?

Was thinking of trying Immuniscience facial. ANy beautician that you would like to recommend?? (or highlight to avoid) heehee

Hi Cynthia

I dont think Daphne has any facial that is towards soothing skin one hor?? I only know purifying, oxygenating, oxyliance, hydroptimale, hydrating. ANy more??

eustoma

hi ssl,

i can check for u. mine is a back treatment pkg not facial. therefore i dun really noe wat r all the diff type of facial u all r talking abt. anyway, i'll check for u.

C

*cynthia*

SSL, Daphne has a list of facials that she provides in her salon. Maybe she has immuniscience facials too??? Why not call her up to check???

ssl

Eustoma,

Are u using this product??

Hydra-Protective Serum Litamine (30ml)

My sis bought it but she cant use cos too oily. So still very new.

Thinking of selling it for her but no one interested leh.

eustoma

Hi SSL, sorry didnt get to this thread as I always click o the LAST 12 HOURS link.

I'm not using this product. And I'm super oily so I dont think it suits me oso. Why didnt ur sis's beautician recommend her the pdts suitable for her skin type accordingly?

Yes, they've tt facial you mentioned. I think the price has increased by $20. My beautician is Kathy. That's the only one I know. She's not bad, can try.