Sothys

C

*cynthia*

Eustoma, I am seeing Daphne this Sunday. If you can meet me, we can see if we can come out with a suitable arrangement.
happy.gif
Please email me at [email protected].

forest

hee hee...

cynthia,
true lor.. tt's y i feel like trying both... was thinking if they hve trial.. better still!!!! *hee* pai seh... pai seh....

claudia,
can give me the contact number for d'amara??? tks!!!

C

*cynthia*

i see, i see...

There used to be a promotion where if u bring a friend for the first time, both parties get 25% discount off the facial price. But that promotion is over liao...
lame.gif
otherwise, that is a good time to try Daphne's service.

after u have tried d'amara, do let me know how u feel about them
happy.gif

ssl

Hi Forest

U should try both beauticians. Anyway, they are only two MRTs apart.
happy.gif
Try and compare would be better.

HUH Clairns doesnt do extraction?? Hmmm.... sounds good. heehee. so they do double mask?

Hi eustoma

I will be seeing Daphne next Sunday so if u are unable to meet Cynthis this Sunday, i'm available next Sunday.

Let's see how Cynthia and myself can help you lah.
happy.gif
happy.gif

forest

hi cynthia,

aiyo... missed the promotion for daphne ah...
sad.gif

ok.. i will def let u know when i finally try d'amara... but still hve 2 sessions with clarins... so, might b some time later lor...

hi ssl,
huh?? y u say its gd?? dunno leh.. me hate blackheads.. face like not clean when they never extract it... of cos' wun wan any extractions for pimples!
happy.gif

eh.. double mask??? hmmm.. me not very pro with all these beauty/facial terms.. dun mind describing wat u mean by double mask??? pai seh pai seh...

C

*cynthia*

double mask = mask 2 times... (I think
lame.gif
)

Guess SSL doesn't have much blackheads to begin with
rofl.gif
. btw, forest... if you really like extractions, you can try the beauty arm of Amore. Their beauticians extract like hell.... squeezing every single pores... but then like what you said, you feel much cleaner (only after the swelling on face goes down lah...) hee hee...

downside: they dun use Sothys products.

claudia

Hi Forest & Cynthia

D'amara number is 62256970. Pricing starts from $68 for a basic facial with ampoules and professional treatments are $98, institute treatments are $180. Remember to ask for a first trial offer from D'amara hor so you can try Le Vouge - Daphane too without spending a bomb and compare which one you prefer.

forest

hi cynthia,
really ah?? dunno leh.... cos' i think they will cleanse, apply cream/oil, massage, clean... etc.. the works lah.. also depends on which facial u r going for on tt day.. usually, they will look at the condition, then do the recommended facial lor...

sometimes, its purifying or cleansing etc etc... cant rem which one.. but 1 had massage for feet as well (rather short one though).....

ah... jus thinking of it.. very comfortable!!!! *hee*
happy.gif

hi claudia,
thanks for the number, will book appt with both beautician when i'm ready to go!!!
happy.gif

ssl

Thks cynthia,

thats exactly the meaning of my double mask. heehee

Now that my office building is at OUB Centre, may go to the OUB one to try out their services one of these days. heehee

Forest,

I was with Amore last time. Like what cynthia commented, they really SQUEEZE until u will cry man! maybe my pain tolerance is low but i really cant take it. And when i change to Daphne, i was so happy. heehee

forest

hi ssl,
really ah.. amore literally pressed so hard ah?? hmmm.. think i also cannot tahan tt.. think for me, pressing a little (at least).. is better than not pressing at all...
biggrin.gif

ssl

hi forest

pain sure pain one. but Amore uses this needle thing whereas Daphne uses purely her hands to do extraction.

No pain, no gain. (smoother, black head free face)

lol.gif

eustoma

Cynthia, I've emailed you.

SSL, thanks. Will try to arrange with Cynthia first. If cannot make it, then look for you
happy.gif

By the way, what's the purpose of active cream? I've forgotten. Is there a scrub for oily face which is good?

ssl

Hi eustoma

Active cream is for lightening the pimple scar that has dried up after u use the pimple serum.

Cynthia am i right??

ssl

I think it's called purifying serum.

Well it did work for me. when your pimple is coming out and just break out, just dab on the spot. The serum will dry up the pimple, after which you apply the active cream to lighten the mark.

actually you can also use lavender or tea tree essential oil to dab on "newly" formed pimple.
happy.gif

C

*cynthia*

Hi SSL, that's right!

Eustoma, not sure if the pimple serum is really effective or not... but I prefer to use lavender essential oil to dab on my pimples... Smell nice plus cheaper price. But must get from reputable sources lah... I got mine from Body Shop.
happy.gif

C

*cynthia*

Anyone use Sothys Bath Salt before???? I was given one container of it but it doesn't comes with instructions. I have never used it before, thus dunno how to use.

Appreciate if someone can advise me.... Thanks a lot!!
happy.gif

C

*cynthia*

SSL, I asked Daphne about the bath salt liao...

She says that container can only be use 2 times. After shower, just add to bath water and soak in it.
happy.gif

But if no bath-tub, then I also dunno how to use... Maybr bring it along when you go to spas... heh heh...
lame.gif

C

*cynthia*

Hi eustoma, nice meeting you too! btw, I am meeting SSL this coming Wed. Perhaps you would like to come??
happy.gif

ssl

hi cynthia

me used it the last time i was at ritz carlton for a getaway. probably will only be able to use the bath salt when i go stay at orchard hotel. provided the room got bathtub lah.

me going to watercourt spa mid may. just confirmed with hubby.

so did eustoma managed to get anything from Daphne??

ya ya, eustoma, we welcome you to join us on Wed.
happy.gif
happy.gif

lovelydolphin

Hi all

Just had a facial treatment done today,known as Combination Treatment. Does anyone know what does this treatment consists? I do have sensitive skin.
happy.gif

Was done by neighbourhood salon that carries Sothys products.

cynthia* (arctic_hare)

May I know how can I get to see whether the products they used are parallel import or not? Will there be certification from Sothsys to prove that they are indeed authorised facial salons?
happy.gif

lovelydolphin

cynthia* (arctic_hare)

more enquires for u!!
Wanna know whether is this brand/product a MLM kind of product? Just like Nu Skin?

mmmmm.. dun mind me to take note of ur email a/c.will drop u an email directly next time,shld I have further enquires or might need more product knowlege & advises from u in the near future.izzit fine wif u?
happy.gif

C

*cynthia*

Hi lovelydolphin,

Can u describe more about the combination treatment? I dun recall Daphne has a treatment named that.

To find out if the salon you visited buys from authorised distributor or parallel import, just called up Sothys Centre. I am sure they are willing to help. But asked subtly, juz in case that salon gets into any trouble
happy.gif
Certification?? Not sure. Products look exactly the same.

No, Sothys is not MLM kind of products. It's a salon brand, meaning can only be found and purchased from salon. Errr... doesn't include parallel imports lah...

Sure, go ahead and email me. Will try to help if I can.
happy.gif

cynthia

eustoma

Hi Cynthia and SSL,

Where are you all going on Wed? I've a back treatment session at Sothy on Wed evening. So I guess most prob I wont be able to join u 2.

I bought the soft peeling body scrub, correcting serum, hydra matte moisturiser and hydrating mask tt day.

For the redemption, are you all talking abt the Sothy card with chops? How much to spend per chop? And where do we check what can we redeem? I think I've got it too, but it's with my beautician.

Wow! SSL you going for spa? So nice... I'm looking for somewhere where they emphasis on really good massage. I think I desperately need tt.

SSL, are you married too?

J

jo

Lovelydophin,

Are you the one who ask for the add for the Yishun branch?

Combination treatment is meant for ppl with sensitive T-zone.

C

*cynthia*

Hi eustoma, we're just meeting for dinner
happy.gif
at Raffles City Shopping Centre coz easier for this pregnant lady to go home
lame.gif

Aiyah... what coincidence. Perhaps you can join us the next time we meet lah...

Yes, the redemption we're talking about is the Sothy card with chops. How come your card is with your beautician??
uhoh.gif
Our cards are with us leh... Every $25 will give you one chop. You can refer to here for the redemption items.
happy.gif

eustoma

Hi Cynthia,

O I C. Too bad, cant join u 2. Next time hope to make it!

Where do you stay? Raffles City also convenient for me to go home. I stay near Great World City.

Dont know why she kept the card for me. But everytime when paying, she'll show me tt she chopped for me.

C

*cynthia*

Eustoma, I stayed around Clementi/West Coast area. From CityHall, there's a direct bus to my door-step. If from Orchard, will need to change another bus from Clementi interchange.
happy.gif

chloe

Hi All Sothys Experts

Can I join in to chat? Need advices from you all!!

I have signed up a collogen facial package with a Sothys salon at Far East Plaza. Feel very disturbed now cos learned from a friend that collogen facial is more suitable for older women ard forties and above (for wrinkles) and younger women like me in mid-twenties do not need such a “strong” facial treatment. However, according to my beautician, the collogen facial not only do good to my dehydrated skin but also helps to prevent wrinkles. It is always good to start young. Is it true?

I also need your comments on Sothys Retinol 15 – a cream to apply at night. I was told that it helps to even out skin colour.

Pls help. Thank you.

C

*cynthia*

Hi Chloe,

I believe the collagen facial which you're talking about is Sothys' Lift Defense Institute Treatment? Click on the name and see if it is the one you're being recommended to.

Sothys' Lift Defense Treatment has been tested on women aged 45 and above and the effects were apparent. You can read this all up in the literature they provided.

As to your question on whether collagen facial is more suitable for older women than younger women, this is my view. I believe the treatment will work with young, as well as the old. Just that, the results will be more apparent for older women than younger ones. Coz more room for improvement mah...

However, being young doesn't mean skin will be young too, if we dun take care of it. Me, for one, have pre-mature wrinkles on my neck. I will be trying this Lift Defense treatment (once only) to see the effect (mabbe next month). My beautician advise that after one session, probably can see some lightening of the wrinkle but to treat it, will need more sessions.

Actually, I used to visit Amore for facials and over there, I am also being administered collagen facial. Ermm... couldn't see much difference, though the beautician over there kept emphasising how good collagen facial is and how we girls should start young. (same story everywhere, huh?)

If you're still worried, I suggest you space out this facial package, like once a month or once every 2 months. Meanwhile, you still have your normal homecare products, right? Diligent basic cleansing routine using products suitable for your skin type should be sufficient. Does your beautician recommend other types of facials for you?

Retinol-15 is the homecare products under this Lift Defense series. It's an intensive anti-wrinkle treatment with pre-stabilised Vitamin A. Yup, only used for the night. Sorry I cannot advise you what is the effect as I have not used it yet. If you would like to know more, you can call my beautician - Daphne and check with her. Her number is 63331289. Just tell her Cynthia refer you to ask her on this. She's quite a nice lady, not pushy at all. I am sure she has other customers who bought and use this product.

happy.gif
cynthia

C

*cynthia*

Sorry. The last paragraph should read like this:

Retinol-15 is the homecare products under this Lift Defense series. It's an intensive anti-wrinkle treatment with pure-stabilised Vitamin A.
lame.gif

lovelydolphin

Hi cynthia*

Yes, hv confirmed that they are indeed authorised dealers. no worries liao!
happy.gif

Tks 4 ur help & advise.

Jo,

Yes,I'm the one,will sign up their package. no offend for me for seeking further advise hor!
Just like 2 ease my worries,after reading the parallel import mgs yesterday.
happy.gif

J

jo

Lovely dolphin,

No lah, where got offence. I dun own that saloon. But then just to assure you that they are not into parallel import and they have been Sothys facial Beauticians for more than 10yrs.

Which package you signing up?

forest

hi jo/lovelydolphin,

hmmm.. is there a beautician using sothys products at yishun ?? can let me know the shop name and addr???

hee hee.. its nearer to my new hse.. so, i might consider going there to try too?!? hee hee.. cynthia, ssl n claudia.. u gals must b thinking i veri mah fan hor!?!? *haha*
biggrin.gif

does the yishun branch have those promos tt daphne has?? like the redemption, or 20% discount on products if u sign a package with them???

pardon my qns..
happy.gif

ssl

Hi Eustoma,

Yes I'm married.
happy.gif
Going spa is not an often thing. I bought two vouchers during Christmas last year at a beauty fair. So going with hubby for pampering lor.

Me on back massage+mud+scrub package with Jessica from Beauty Inspirations. It's my second or third package with them. I like Jessica's massage strength, just nice for me. Where did you go for your back treatment?

Usually me, cynthia and lynn will meet either orchard or city hall cos me and lynn staying north side whereas mama cynthia stays west.

eustoma

Hi SSL, wow! You also married last year (same as Cynthia)?

Beauty Inspirations has facials also right? How much is the back massage/mud/scrub session? And what's the duration of the massage? I prefer really strong massage. Hehe.. just like foot reflexology... the stronger the better...

I go to Sothy at Wheelock Place for back treatment as I've got pimples on my back. Hateful pimples!

Who's lynn? She's also from this forum? O I C. Both City Hall n Orchard are very convenient to me. Hope to meet up with you all someday!

forest

hi lovelydolphin,
thanks for the info... will check out the salons individually... still waiting to finish my clarins package lah...
happy.gif

hi ssl,
i've heard of beauty inspirations too!! my coll is doing her facials there... seems like veri gd review on jessica also.. hee.. like eustoma, me also curious abt the price for the massage/mud/scrub back pkg tt u r having... hmm.. me in need of pampering sessions!!!
biggrin.gif

C

*cynthia*

Hi eustoma,

SSL got married in Sept last year. Mine was in June
happy.gif
Lynn is also Daphne's customer and we all got to know each other through the other thread "Any recommendation for facials"...
rofl.gif

Hi forest,

No lah... what mah fan?? We all want to do our facials at a place that's cheap and good mah...

If I can find a good beautician near my place using Sothys product, I will also consider alternating it with Daphne's sessions.
happy.gif
Too bad, so far no one can provide me with any recommnedation.
uhoh.gif

The sothys redemption should be available at all authorised sothys salon. But the discount on products should be dependent on beauticians themselves.
happy.gif
btw, with the redemption card, we are entitled to 10% discount off products already. Check out the fine prints at the back!

Yup, heard mostly good review about BI's services too... I have been to Jessica's place a couple of times with SSL and Lynn. Find that I still prefer the quiet ambience at Daphne's. Jessica's place is lively most of the times...
lame.gif
plus, they dun use Sothys lah...

Agree with you that going for massage session is so relaxing. Was on massage package at Amore Cineleisure before my pregnancy. Had to defer the expiry... Now, I so much look forward to starting my monthly massage again!!
biggrin.gif

chloe

cynthia

Thank you!! I had called Daphne. She's very nice, still willing to advise me even though she knew I'm not her customer.

Once again, thank you so much..

C

*cynthia*

Hi chloe, you're most welcomed!

Hope she has given you some good advices.
happy.gif
And din blame me for giving her more work... hahaha
rofl.gif

Do join us here in sharing your experiences about Sothys products.

cynthia

forest

hi cynthia n all,

u gals r sooo nice...
biggrin.gif

i'm having such an urge to go try all the salons for the facials n massages... but hve to b practical lor... need to use up clarins first.. cos' i paid for it oredi!!!
rofl.gif

oh, so u managed to defer expiry for ur amore cineleisure massage package?? tt's nice of them!! so, u will start after u give birth?? btw, how many mths already?? when's ur expected delivery date??? *hee* me KPO ah!!!
biggrin.gif

oh.. i still hve a free back scrub with clarins.. will utilise it soon, i hope! but def doesnt sound as pampering as the one tt ssl is having with BI!!
biggrin.gif

J

jo

Ok, I have all the details for the Yishun Sothys Branch.

As they charge cheaper for the facial package : (8nos x $45) = $360 >> free one session

If you have course, then you are entitled to 15% off.

If you mention you are recommended by me, probably you will be able to get a trial size sample or a lotion depending on availability.

ssl

Hi eustoma

Cynthia answered your question on my behalf.
happy.gif
Yes happily married to become a "housewife" so must pamper myself.

I love massage but only a certain areas lor. Cant really do full body cos will feel ticklish at the sides. heehee

Yes BI (Beauty Inspirations) also has facials and body treatments too. They uses Dermalogica & Peelatic range of products. (think got one more brand but cant remember exactly)

I got my package (6x) during promo. got 30% discount. Cost about $30+ each session after the discount. But the price may increase now so u have to check with jessica. She has monthly promotions and i would say some are really attractive.

The duration of the back session is 45mins. But sometimes if i'm not in a hurry, she will leave the mud longer on my back. heehee

If u like strong massage, you can try Josephine. Her strength is stronger than Jessica. I preferred something milder so i always goes to Jessica.

I know Lynn together with Cynthia for over a year.
happy.gif
We all go to the same beautician.

Hi forest

Jessica is very friendly and chatty lady. Same goes to the rest of the BI consultants.
happy.gif
You can always go and try their services. Just mentioned SSL. she'll know.
happy.gif

Another reason why i like BI is because they burn essential oils in their salon which makes the whole place smells so nice.

But now, Jessica is using the air purifer which helps to cleanse the air so she's not burning any essential oil at the moment.

Hi Jo

Wha! the price at Yishun Sothys really cheap hor. Soli but which part of Yishun?? North Point??

What type of facial is this?? Purifying?? what other facials do they have?? Got body treatments as well?? Sorry for asking so many questions.

C

*cynthia*

Hi forest,

Yes, Amore allowed me to defer the expiry for my massage package. Think I have only started one or two sessions out of total of 12.

I am already in my 7th month. Just another 9 more weeks to go.
happy.gif
My EDD is 2 July.

Actually, I have colleagues who advise me not to continue with facials when I am pregnant, but I am still visiting my beautician on a monthly basis. Pregnant also must pamper myself mah... If Amore has equipment that allow massaging of pregnant ladies, think I will also continue with my massaging session.
lame.gif

Hi Jo,

Is the Yishun Branch the one near to Khatib MRT? Just like to know if you have try any Institute Treatments over there... How much do they charge for Oxyliance Treatment?

happy.gif
cynthia