Sothys

skywolf

Hi ssmilezz,

Hmm... I did the one on acne-something one... its $99/- (no gst).
happy.gif
They don't have a 1st time trial price though...

sailor_p

Hi Lily

Btw, which beautician attends to you? Glad that you have a good experience at Angelface. Curious, what package did u sign up with them?

ssmilezz

Angela ~ oh, they don't charge GST ah? :p Any idea how many staff they have there? I know there's Lilian (boss) and another older lady called Serena or something.

lily_wong

Hi sailor Angie attended to me personally. I signed up 6 sessions with Angelface & my facial package was not customized. Angie explained that upon my each visit to her shop, she'll analyze my skin & see what is suitable for my face on that day. If its hydrated, then she'll do a hydrating facial for me. More flexible. what do u think?

ssmilezz

Lily ~ Did u have to call for a prior appt with Angie?
happy.gif
And must we specially request for her services? *curious*

How much was your 6 sessions?
happy.gif

sailor_p

Hi Lily

Is there a typo error? R u referring to "customized" facials?
happy.gif
I think that's good and I presume this is the one that comes with free eye treatments (non-sothys brand) right? How much did u pay for it?

Good to know Angie attended to you personally...

lily_wong

Hi Smilezz: Angie answered my call when I made an appt. I think u can request for her services. So perhaps that was she did my facial.

Hi Sailor: Yes according to Angie, my facials are "flexible", depending on my facial's needs. I prefer Dermalogica products as I only came across Sothys products once & Angie agreed. As for the eye mask, I don't think it is Sothys or Dermalogica products as Angie didn't say so. But i'm fine with it as my skin doesn't have a bad reaction & it is a hot eye mask which is good.

The price range of my 6 sessions is between $400 -$500. Sorry but i'm worried might caused Angie some inconvenience. Compared to LD, the prices of Angie's facials are definitely more competitive & reasonable.

I think for my next appt i'll try out the Chinatown point branch. Heard it is more cozy. Has anyone been there before?

jacko_wacko

Hi you Sothys gals,
i'm thinking of trying Sothys pdts after all the good reviews here but can i get them somewhere at a cheaper price? i get my Derma pdts from BI and its 20% cheaper so thinking whether Sothys got this kind of lobang.

also where can i get a consultation? i don't wan to do facials, just want to use the pdts to see how.

lily_wong

Hi Jacqueline u can try Angelface. It is using both Dermalogica & Sothys products. I just signed a package with them. Good service. If u want a consultation, do give them a call to book a appt & ask for free samples.

tupper_mum

Hi Jac,

You can try my beautician at Yishun who is doing sothys. They charges only $45 for facial and I believe their products should be also economical.

jacko_wacko

Hi Lily and Tupper_mum,
can i have the 2 contacts respectively so that i can pay them a visit and do a consultation and buy some pdts to try. prob start with a cleanser cos' mine's finishing.
Thanks a lot ya
happy.gif

lily_wong

Jac:

Angelface is at Blk 1 Tanjong Pagar #01-48
Tel: 6221 3723
H/P: 9101 7982
*opposite Amara Hotel

Look for Angie Lim the manager!

Do let us know of the outcome!

jacko_wacko

Hi gals,
today i walked into JS at Far East just to check out the pdts and the lady was really nice to offer me quite some pdts. i just used normalising milk to cleanse make up and foaming cleanser to double cleanse. my skin felt a bit tight. anyway, tried the Oxyliance mask n it's really nice.

Hi Lyd,
you mentioned that the Oxyliance facial at JS is $99? i was given a price list today fr JS and the price is $199. is sth wrong or has the price gone up?

Hi Lily and Tupper_ware,
me also received a catalogue of Sothy's pdts n quite confused. they have so many things, don't know where to start man! trying to go to Angelface next week for a consultation. hopefully she can advice me on how to mix and match Derma and Sothy's pdts which will work best for me. so confused.....

jacko_wacko

Hi everyone,
went to Angelface today liao n the ladyboss, Angie, so nice!! she gave me a lot of advice and free samples.i decided n bought the Oxyliance serum, fluid and mask. there's also a 15% off Sothy's pdts this month.can't wait to start. and Angie has a very good package for the Oxygenodermy facials. 2 + 1 at only $200! very tempting. but i'm so heavily committed on my facial pakages liao that i a bit scared to sign anymore. but i really like the boss. she's honest and not pushy and she real professional. like her philosophy about her work.

jacko_wacko

Hi ladies,
has anyone tried the Biological Skin Peeling from Sothy's and the gentle cream exfoliant from Dermalogica and is willing to do a comparison n recommend either?
i'm thinking of buying one but can decide which to buy? Thanks

lily_wong

Hi Jacqueline glad to know about ur good experience with Angie. She is a very nice lady. Well u don't have to commit if you are not ready yet.. dont rush in!

joy_apr

Hi Jac,

I have tried both. Personally, I prefer the Biological Skin Peeling from Sothy's. There is a difference in the usage. For the BSP, you apply unto your face, leave it to dry for about 5-10mins, then rub it off from your face before washing. For the gentle cream exfoliant, as you apply the cream unto your face, you will feel many little balls rubbing against your face.
I felt the Sothy's product gives a thorough and better cleansing feel after use. Besides it has a nice fragance.

Btw, thanks for sharing your experience with Angelface. I am thinking of giving them a try. Wld like Angie to advise me which products suits me better.. Sothys or Derma cos' I have tried both.

jacko_wacko

Hi Joy,
thanks for sharing yr exp. Angelface's boss, Angie, has gone to Israel for a holiday and will only be back on the 17th of this month, i think so you can call her when she's back. she's really nice....

sailor_p

Yep, Angie is a nice lady.

For ladies trying out Angelface, you can also try to ask for Connie - I tried her skills recently. Not bad either!
happy.gif

joy_apr

Hi Jac,

Wow..Israel for holiday. That's a place I want to visit one day.
happy.gif
Thanks for the info. I will call her when she's back.

So, have u decided which product to get?

Hi Sailor,

Thanks for the info.. Will keep in mind about Connie.
happy.gif

ckluv2travel

Hi gals,

Has anyone tried going to 128 Faubourg for facial? It's located at the new Paragon wing. They are associated with the Sothys Institute in Paris and use only Sothys pdts. I'm going for my first facial trial tomorrow. If anyone has tried their facials please let me know how they are. I know that they facials and body treatments are definitely more expensive than Angelface's, but feel that Tanjong Pagar abit out of the way for me to travel.

Hope somebody can give me some feedback before I make the choice of buying packages.

postpet2

hi ckluv2travel,

i had tried the branch in Palais Renaissance...
the service was fabulous...posh envt, posh room...haha...i mean, for that price, of cos got to be posh lah...

but their package price is rather high. However, if your budget allow and you want to have facials in such a posh, comfortable envt, then its definitely worth the go...

i had put budget ahead of 'posh envt', therefore signed up with Angelface...
Angelface is not bad too, but different category lah...

Actually, there are other beauty salons using Sothys pdts. not only angelface, so you may wanna look out first before deciding?

skywolf

Hi ckluv2travel,

I had went before to the branch at Taka (which was relocated to Paragon). Rooms are small as compared to the branch at Palais. When I was at Palais, I asked them abt the store in Paragon, they said the rms are very small. But then, i don't really like their extraction part. Painful as compared w Angelface. Just my opinion, don't bomb me.
happy.gif
Thus, I'll be making appt w Angelface soon, might be signing up with them. Same as postpet2, i put budget ahead of service and ambience.
happy.gif

Alternatively, you might want to try the branch at OUB bldg before you decide...

momoechan

hi ckluv2travel
i'm a regular user of sothys at OUB building, been with them since Jan 2001, very happy with their service and work
happy.gif

ckluv2travel

hi gals,

thx for all ur response. i went for my first trial today, wonderful service and ambience...had a foot soak on the therapy bed while she was doing consultation and even had a thick quilt to keep me warm thruout treatment...so shiok feels like my own bed!!!
the therapist recommended i do the Immuniscience treatment cos she finds that my face very sensitive...had some red patches on my face. the treatment was good, had immediate effect. after treatment the red patches were mostly diminished or gone.
....so in my moment of weakness i signed up....i signed for a 6+1 Immuniscience package and another 10 sessions eye package.

Hey Yvonne,

Just wondering what is the name of the shop at OUB building. is it also a branch of 128 Faubourg? my husband went to OUB to try to find the shop for me but he couldn't find. maybe u can give me the name and add of the shop so that he can go find it again.

momoechan

hi ckluv2travel

er... i don't think it's a branch of 128 faubourg, never heard of this company before
lame.gif
the name of the shop is called L'Espace Beaute, #02-04, OUB Centre. Tel: 6535 5669

skywolf

Hi ckluv2travel n Yvonne,

Let me try to clarify...
happy.gif

128 Faubourg has only 2 branches. 1 at Paragon (shifted from Taka), and the other is Palais. Something like they have the right to use the original french name of 128 Faubourg.
happy.gif

Other shops like the one in OUB bldg and Tanjong Pagar are the ones opened up by individual beauticians, and they happen to be using Sothys products also. From what I understand, they might charge cheaper (maybe bcoz they don't have to 'buy' the name of 128 Faubourg?)... hehe...

ckluv2travel

Thanks for info angela.

Kitty_bear,
My 6+1 facial package = $660, 10 eye treatment = $550. Spent alot yesterday. Today heart abit pain...but keep looking at my very-much-improved face to comfort myself :p

momoechan

angela
oic, hee hee, i'm very sua ku, never heard of 128 Faubourg before
lame.gif
thanks for the clarification
happy.gif
the OUB branch is the only one i've been to and i've never ventured elsewhere cos i'm happy with them
happy.gif

skywolf

Yoz ladies~

u r welcome... hope i dun sound pompous. Hahaha...
happy.gif

hi ckkuv2travel, i saw their prices... pretty x, but i nv ask them now GSS they got what kind of add stuff to throw in... My friend and I saw the prices n we thought too x...
lame.gif
Was hoping for a place b/w Palais n Angelface, but seems like dun hav...
happy.gif

Btw yvonne, who did your face at OUB?
happy.gif

momoechan

angela
no gal, u don't sound pompus at all, in fact, u were enlightening
happy.gif
thanks for the additional info, then, i won't sound so sua ku when others ask about 128 faubourg
wink.gif

the first beautician who attended me at OUB was Stephanie, she's very good. I was reccomended by my ex-colleague. But she left about 2 years ago and now, I'm being attended by Diana, who's pretty good as well, they're not pushy, they tell me what offers they have, if i'm interested, i'll take it up, otherwise, they won't pester
happy.gif

jacko_wacko

HI ladies,
Has anyone done the Sothys Oxygenating facial b4? what are the effects and is it good?

Is anyone using the Oxyliance fluid? can it be used as a day moisturiser? or do i have to use my normal day moisturiser after it?i have combi skin, oily beneath but dry on the surface.

skywolf

Hi Yvonne,

I heard of Stephanie, was hoping to have my faical done by her... but she already left... so was attended by Lilian (the boss, if i didnt rem wrongly)...
happy.gif
Can't remember the rest though...
lame.gif

Hi Jacqueline,

I can't differentiate b/w the 2 facials starting with 'o'. Oxyliance and oxygenating...
sad.gif
Dunno which is for what kind of skin, paiseh...
happy.gif

momoechan

hi jacquline
i've tried the oxygenating facial, it's the $99 facial right? not the $100+ facial. like angela, i can't differentiate the 2 names but i don't think i've tried oxyliance, cos too ex
lame.gif
but yes, the oxygenating facial was a good treat for myself when i can afford it. what i do is i sign up for the normal facial package and just top up the difference if i do the oxygenating facial. never used the oxyliance fluid before, so, can't help, sorry
lame.gif

hi angela
yup, lilian's the boss, only diana and her left. stephanie was the other beautician till she left and they never got a replacement after that.

skywolf

Hi little_ger,

Woah, your qtn very hard to ans... hehehe
happy.gif

Ermm... would depend on which area you want to go, and erm.. your budget, i guess...
happy.gif

jacko_wacko

Hi Angela n Yvonne,
thanks for the feedback. Yes, Yvonne, the oxygenating one is the cheaper wan. how does your skin look n feel after that? does it really become more radiant immediately?
as far as i know, the oxyliance wan is very ex, close to $200 and it's more intensive and you see the effects much later in your life. you'll supposedly not age so fast. but it's in the long run.

arctic_hare

Hi ladies,

Oxygenating facial and Oxyliance facials both brings oxygen to our skin. Oxygenating facial more on the surface, while Oxyliance is more inwards into our skin. Both are good for radiance. Of coz, to maintain that radiance, you need to have fairly good skin by taking good regular care.

I can't remember what goes into oxygenating facial coz have been doing Oxyliance facials in the recent years. Oxyliance facials comes with hot towels and is very relaxing and comfy. All these of coz comes with a higher price for the facial.

Little_ger, good or not will depends on whether you like that beautician skills/salon/price and whether you like the products and whether the products suits you. If you want some contacts of where we have our facials, you can try scrolling up to see some of the past postings.

momoechan

hi little_ger
agree with angela & cyn, ur questions are a little hard to answer, different people have different experience but like cyn had said, scroll up and look at the contacts that we've posted, good luck
happy.gif

jacqueline
hee hee, don't know about the radiant bit, i can never see it but it definitely feels much smoother when i apply my make up
happy.gif

cyn
oic, sounds like great luxury
happy.gif
maybe i'll try that before my AD to pamper myself
lame.gif