Sothys

After reading this forum I'm quite confused.

Where are the authorised Sothys outlets that do facials?

C

*cynthia*

Hi newbie,

Hmmm.. not sure if you're the same newbie in the facial thread. Most probably not
lame.gif

For most confirmed answer as to where are the authorised Sothys outlets, I would suggest you call up the Sothys Centre (this is the place where they train beauticians) to find out. Their number is 6737-0101. They should be able to advise you the nearest authorised Sothys outlet to your home or office.

happy.gif
cynthia

Hi Cynthia,

Not the same newbie as in the facial thread
happy.gif

I see... so there are many Sothys outlets? I had the (wrong) impression that Sothys operate their own clinics... like Clarins operating the Clarins Institute at Wheelock. I looked at the yellow pages couldn't find a Sothys "Institute".

C

*cynthia*

happy.gif
no, they dun have an institute.

the closest salon that looks like a clinic is the one at Wheelock Place (2nd floor).

doodbug

Hi All!

I'm really keen on finding out more about Sothys products. Would like to know from girls who have tried it, which are the good recommendable products?

I read in other threads that the oxyliance fluid is quite good. Is that a moisturizer?

C

*cynthia*

Hi doodbug,
Read that you have sent an email to Lynn already
happy.gif

Yes, Oxyliance fluid is a moisturiser.

C

*cynthia*

Hi enya, depending on what kind you're looking for? Mask, moisturiser, etc... and what kind of skin you have.
happy.gif

doodbug

Hi Cynthia!

i'm looking for recommendations coz i went to Lee Wah and was totally lost! the range was amazing!

i have severely combination skin, slightly sensitive. ie i have very very dry cheeks but oily base, oily forehead. which moisturizer would you recommend? is the liposomes hydrogel good? heard from one of my friends that she likes this product.

i am looking for products which moisturize but are not too thick, and also looking for a day product which gives me radiance. any recommendations?

also, are the cleansers good? the bottles of cleansers look really nice though, the packaging! haha

thanks cynthia, for responding!

C

*cynthia*

Hi doodbug,

Hmmm... u sound like you're having dehydrated skin.

Liposome hydrogel is a serum for hydration. You can apply it before using your normal moisturiser. btw, how much is Lee Wah selling liposome hydrogel? For hydrating moisturiser, you can try hydroptimale gel.

Oxyliance fluid is good for radiance. Not too thick, and smell real nice!
happy.gif

I like Sothys cleanser too. For normal and combination skin, you can use normalizing beauty milk. Containing grapefruit extracts make it a real fragrant cleanser. This is used for removing makeup. You can then use foaming facial gel to remove any traces of the cleanser.

My entire skincare range is almost make up of Sothys items.
happy.gif
lucky yours is also combination skin, like mine. If other type of skin, will have to ask my 2 other friends - SSL and Lynn.

cynthia

doodbug

Hi Cynthia! thanks for your reply!

so the liposomes hydrogel not enough to use on its own? lee wah is selling at 69 bucks, so am tempted to try! must get in a set ah? how about oxyliance fluid - can it be used as a moisturizer or must use with another moisturizer?

oops, i can't buy the cleansing milk coz i got a whole big bottle of shu uemura cleansing oil to finish. but which foaming cleanser is good? for combi skin?

thanks for the recommendation, i am going to buy it after my bali trip! so happy i just finished my clarins mositurizer, now got excuse to buy liposomes hydrogel! hehehee

doodbug

Hi Cynthia! sorry for my incessant questions! got to ask about masks as well! is their purifying mask good? which other masks are recommendable?

and is the famous deep cleanser good?

enya

hi hi

i'm looking for eye care products, combination skin, oily tzone, dry forehead and cheeks ...

sounds like liposomes hydrogel is like some booster to use with moisturizer!!

doodbug: u going to bali soon? me too!!! i'm travelling there next week .. are u worried about the SARs and iraq war??

C

*cynthia*

<FONT FACE="comic sans ms"> Hi doodbug, no problem
happy.gif

<FONT COLOR="0000ff">so the liposomes hydrogel not enough to use on its own?</FONT>
Ermm... yes, you can say that. Actually, it is considered as concentrated and to use it like a moisturiser seemed a little wasteful. Though the spray bottle looked tall, the actual container for the serum is only half the height.

<FONT COLOR="0000ff">must get in a set ah?</FONT>
No. You dun have to. Can use liposome hydrogel together with Oxyliance fluid.

<FONT COLOR="0000ff">how about oxyliance fluid - can it be used as a moisturizer or must use with another moisturizer?</FONT>
Oxyliance fluid is a moisturiser. You can use it after applying the serum. Or on its own.

<FONT COLOR="0000ff">but which foaming cleanser is good? for combi skin?</FONT>
Sothys has 2 types of foaming cleanser - Morning cleanser and foaming facial gel. Morning cleanser is suitable for all skin type, and Foaming Facial Gel is good for oily skin. I am using the foaming facial gel. Good for cleansing the skin after a long day at work.

<FONT COLOR="0000ff">is their purifying mask good? which other masks are recommendable?</FONT>
Purifying mask? Sothys got such mask meh??
lame.gif
Sothys has a number of masks. More common ones are Oxyliance Mask (my fave), absorbent mask (for drying pimples), vitality mask, beauty mask, immuniscience mask etc...
I have total of 3 masks, but recently threw away 2. Coz kept using Oxyliance mask and forgotten about the other 2 until they turn smelly liao.... It's a good buy if you want to try.

<FONT COLOR="0000ff">and is the famous deep cleanser good?</FONT>
Yes, desquacrem is definitely a good deep cleanser. Face really feel clean after washing with it.

Another product you may want to try is the Biological Skin Peeling. It's a kind of exfoliant (for removing dead cells) but not a scrub. You apply it, let it dry and then gently rub your skin. Dead cells will come off as you rub. My skin glows after using it everytime.

Hee hee... glad to be sharing about Sothys products with others. One point to note: Lee Wah's product should be from parallel import, as Sothys authorised distributors are its beauticians. So, just note that you dun buy to keep, as you won't know how long it takes to reach the shelves in Lee Wah.

<FONT COLOR="ff6000">cynthia</FONT></FONT>

C

*cynthia*

<FONT FACE="comic sans ms">Hi enya,

<FONT COLOR="119911">sounds like liposomes hydrogel is like some booster to use with moisturizer!!</FONT>
yes, you can say that.

<FONT COLOR="119911">i'm looking for eye care products</FONT>
Sothys only has one set of eye care products: destressing mask, tensor gel and age-defying cream. So far, comments about its eye-care series is quite good. You can try doing a search in this forum.

<FONT COLOR="119911">combination skin, oily tzone, dry forehead and cheeks ...</FONT>
Your skin type is quite common. Similar to Doodbug's and mine. But having started on facials and Sothys products for one and a half years already, my skin is better now... more regulated
happy.gif

<FONT COLOR="ff0000">cynthia</FONT></FONT>

doodbug

hi cynthia! am on my way to bali at the airport, can't talk much. hang on yah, will talk when i am back on tues! thanks for all the advice meanwhile!

wow the biological peeling mask sounds really gd! i also suspect lee wah is parallel import coz the prices are amazingly low!

M

melene

Hi Cynthia,

I'm interested in the Biological Skin Peeling and Oxyliance mask. Are they suitable for combination skin? Also, can u share with me how much they cost?

Thanks

C

*cynthia*

<FONT FACE="comic sans ms"> <FONT COLOR="aa00aa">Hi doodbug,</FONT>
Catch up with you again when you're back!
happy.gif

<FONT COLOR="0000ff">Hi Melene,</FONT>
Yes, both are suitable for combination skin. I bought mine from my beautician, so the prices are definitely higher than what Lee Wah is offering.

The Biological Skin Peeling costs about $50, and Oxyliance Mask about $70. Can't remember exactly. Me going for facial tonight, will confirm and let you know the exact amount.
happy.gif

C

*cynthia*

<FONT FACE="comic sans ms"> <FONT COLOR="ff6000">Hi again, Melene...</FONT>

Have checked with my beautician. The Biological Skin Peeling, also known as Gommage Exfoliant, costs $50. Oxyliance Mask costs $75.

happy.gif
<FONT COLOR="0000ff">cynthia</FONT></FONT>

ssl

wah cynthia

u can be sothys spokesperson liaoz
happy.gif
happy.gif

hahaha

u are indeed more into sothys than me. but hearing ur explanation to the girls really enlightened me.

So u still going facial at Daphne place? when u intend to stop before delivery? cant wait to see u in your Maternity Dress.
happy.gif
happy.gif

C

*cynthia*

SSL, you teasing me ah??
embarrassed.gif
Sothys products are good mah... at least for me! This is just to share good things with others
wink.gif

Yup, me still going at monthly frequency - normally at month end. Have told Daphne that if I deliver before EDD, then probably she will not hear from me for June appointment liao.
happy.gif

I used the Sothys bath &amp; shower cream last night. (The one that came with the bath salt.) It's different from the Energizing Shower Gel. Not as thick and lathers easily. Smell nice too! Have you used yours yet?

btw, do you know how to use the bath salt??
uhoh.gif

G

girrrlpower

hi i am lookg 4 a neck cream tt will help to tighten up my neck skin. i am only in my mid 20's but i feel tt my skin at neck area is sagging. looks ugly. i read in this forum somewhere tt sothys neck cream is gd.
care to share, cynthia?
think its quite exp as well. bsides tt got other brand to recommend? i am oso lookg 4 an eye mask as well. got any nice brand to share? thks!

C

*cynthia*

<FONT FACE="comic sans ms"><FONT COLOR="0000ff">Hi girrrlpower,</FONT>

I have pre-matured wrinkles (deep lines) on my neck. So far have only used Sothys Neck Care Cream. It's effective but you must be diligent in using it everyday. It's capable of making the lines look fainter and the skin tighter.

The RSP is $115. Places like Lee Wah will definitely be cheaper, if they do sell it. However, the neck care cream can last pretty long. It's rather fluid, so you need not use a lot. Should be able to last nine months to a year. If you average it out, the costs per month is quite affordable.

I have not used other brands before, so can't recommend you other brands of neck cream.

As for eye mask, there are a few types you can consider. One is those paper mask type, others is like cream. For me, I prefer the cream type. Dun like the tight feeling when the paper mask dries up. Me using Andrea Q Eyes now. Works well for me.

There are a number of brands of eye masks and cream. Heard that Bio Optic is good, though I have not tried it personally.

There's also another method I have tried for reducing dark circles. Mix 4 drops of Lavender in 10ml of carrier oil. Massage onto your kidneys morning and evening. I find that I sleep better and thus have lighter dark circles too... Too bad I am pregnant now, so have not been using that method for more than six months now.

G

girrrlpower

hi cynthia, used my neck is very much like urs.... how old r u?
i am very keen 2 get this neck cream liao... anyway to get it at a cheaper price?
i got no dark circles, thus dun think i need ur special formulatn... hehe... i will scout ard 4 eye mask... thks anyway....
btw, how do u chg ur font to a diff one?

G

girrrlpower

sorry, cynthia, i meant to say 'guess my neck is very much like urs...'

C

*cynthia*

<FONT FACE="book antiqua"> <FONT COLOR="aa00aa">Hi again</FONT>
19458.gif

I'm 27 this year. Never bother about my neck since young.
lame.gif

Cheaper price ah?? I can get it at a 20% discount, if I buy from my beautician. Why dun you try asking at Lee Wah or Ocean at Chinatown first, to see if they sell the neck care cream?

As long as you buy and use it regularly, it should be okay. Coz most of the time for parallel imports, we are unsure of how long the product has been around. Anyway, the product should have a quality seal. If it is there, it should be relatively safe.

As for changing of font, just enclose the entire message in \font{font-type , message}. The font type can be any font type, such as Times New Roman, Tahoma etc... For a list, just check your c:\windows\fonts directory in your PC hard-disk. But in order for other party to see the new font type, they should have the same font type on their font directory too.

<FONT COLOR="ff0000">cynthia</FONT></FONT>

ssl

HI cynthia

I havent touch those little freebies yet.
always kenna tempted by others and buy and use. :p

i've tried putting bath salts into the bath tub and swirl the water to spread the salt. thats it lor. didnt find anything special leh.
uhoh.gif
maybe i duno how to use it?

C

*cynthia*

Oh... is it?? I tot it's for rubbing on our skin
uhoh.gif
Nvm, think will ask Daphne the next time I see her...

Been trying to use those freebies, coz feel that they are taking up space lah...
lame.gif

G

girrrlpower

hi cynthia, thks 4 sharing the info wif me... ok i will try lee wah 1st.... me oso, nvm bothered much abt my neck... now i cant ignore it anymore...
its so nice talking to u.... hope to see u ard....

eustoma

hi cynthia,

i'm a regular customer of sothy too. but i'm not there for facial. i went there for back treatment and body detox.

however, during my previous session, the beautician was so kind to give me some facial samples to try on.

i've tried ....

1. normalising beauty milk - only used once so cant tell the difference between this and other makeup remover

2. foaming gel - only used once so cant tell the difference between this and other cleanser

3. active cream - used for 2 nights, can see the scar a bit lightened, but not totally gone yet. i wonder can i apply it on other part of the body with scar? can u check for me with ur beautician as i wont be seeing mine next weeks later.

4. bioskin peeling - feel the face so much softer after doing it. but not sure abt the glow leh.

5. desquacrem - havent try it yet. maybe tonight. she told me a double cleansing procedure but i got kinda confused. first, remove makeup, bioskin peeling, then desquacrem, then mask, then cleanser is it?

6. hydra protective softening emulsion
7. hydra matt fluid

i got item 6 and 7 mixed up. according to the product description, softening emulsion is good for makeup base. but i rem the beautician told me it's the matt fluid which i can use under makeup so tt i wont get so oily. so which is which?

anyway, i used item 6 for makeup base yesterday. indeed less oily than the clinique stop-signs age defensing serum i was using previously. but it doesnt really stay matte throughout the whole day. guess i'm really oily.

next time when i'm there, i intend to ask her for more product samples for the eyes and neck. which ones do u think i shld try?

oh yeah, i also try the energising bath gel, there's a faint smell but i dont feel quite energised leh.

C

*cynthia*

<FONT FACE="comic sans ms"><FONT COLOR="0000ff">Hi Eustoma,</FONT>
Where are you having the Sothys body treatments? Me looking around too... let me know, ya?
happy.gif

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">i've tried ....

1. normalising beauty milk - only used once so cant tell the difference between this and other makeup remover</FONT>
I have used Loreal cleansing milk before. Sothys one is not as thick and has a much pleasant smell. Effectiveness-wise is the same, I feel.

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">2. foaming gel - only used once so cant tell the difference between this and other cleanser</FONT>
It's not as drying as compared to other off-the-shelf brands like Kao Biore. Have not compared with other cosmetic brands before.

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">3. active cream - used for 2 nights, can see the scar a bit lightened, but not totally gone yet. i wonder can i apply it on other part of the body with scar? can u check for me with ur beautician as i wont be seeing mine next weeks later.</FONT>
Okay, will check for you.

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">4. bioskin peeling - feel the face so much softer after doing it. but not sure abt the glow leh.</FONT>
There is indeed a radiance after using it. You can try on half of your face and see
biggrin.gif
. I always feel my skin is clearer and not as dull when I used it.

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">5. desquacrem - havent try it yet. maybe tonight. she told me a double cleansing procedure but i got kinda confused. first, remove makeup, bioskin peeling, then desquacrem, then mask, then cleanser is it? </FONT>
Your sequence sounds right... but it will take some time. Desquacrem is a deep cleanser, make more sense to use when the dead cells on face has been removed.

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">6. hydra protective softening emulsion
7. hydra matt fluid

i got item 6 and 7 mixed up. according to the product description, softening emulsion is good for makeup base. but i rem the beautician told me it's the matt fluid which i can use under makeup so tt i wont get so oily. so which is which?

anyway, i used item 6 for makeup base yesterday. indeed less oily than the clinique stop-signs age defensing serum i was using previously. but it doesnt really stay matte throughout the whole day. guess i'm really oily.</FONT>
The softening emulsion is for normal &amp; combi skin. I have used it before, find it quite alright. Me using it as moisturiser.
Hydramatt fluid is for oily skin. Perhaps this one suits you better??

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">next time when i'm there, i intend to ask her for more product samples for the eyes and neck. which ones do u think i shld try?</FONT>
Not sure if Sothys has samples for eyes and neck leh...

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">oh yeah, i also try the energising bath gel, there's a faint smell but i dont feel quite energised leh.</FONT>
Oh yes, I have used it too... but like you, dun feel quite energised! I find it too thick and doesn't lather as easily as Sothys Delight Shower and Bath Cream. Not sure if they are still selling this series of shower and bath cream.

eustoma

Hi Cynthia,

I'm having my body treatments at Sothy branch @ Wheelock Place.

1. I've also used Loreal before. But still I think I prefer the one that I'm using now from my facial salon (derma-aesthetics). Another brand comparable is Galenic which is much cheaper and can get from pharmacy.

2. Oh yeah, definitely the cleanser is much much much better than those off the shelves. I'm comparing with the products from my facial salon. Cant tell the difference much. Hey, do u ve the pricing for the normalising beauty milk and foaming gel?

Ok, I shall try the hydramatt fluid for makeup base another day. What do u use as makeup base?

I guess they shld hv samples for eyes and neck. The samples come in sachet. I saw that they've plenty of different types.

april

Hi eustoma,

What kind of back treatment that you are having now? Did you sign up a package? May I know the price and the contact no. of this salon? Thanks.

C

*cynthia*

Hi Eustoma,

Let me check the prices and get back to you again.
happy.gif

Re Sothys @Wheelock Place: Do you have a permanent beautician to do the back treatments for you? Or changed everytime? How is her skills?

My beautician told me they do not have samples for eye and neck products. Perhaps she is referring to herself only loh...
lame.gif

For makeup base, I use either Liposome Hydrogel or Oxyliance Fluid.
happy.gif

C

*cynthia*

Try asking for Oxyliance Mask samples... I like that too!
happy.gif

eustoma

The back treatment is to get rid of those pimples on my back. Very ugly. My gown is a bustier so I'm trying hard to rid those nasty things on my back. Hehe.. however, after 3 sessions, not much great/obvious results leh. So my beautician suggests to go for 3 sessions of body detox first to get rid of the toxic in the body.

Prior to this, I've tried back treatment at 2 other places. Also not much results leh. So disappointed.

Yes I signed up a package. 6 sessions free 1 session if I'm not wrong. The package is abt $700 (incl GST). Sorry cant remember the figures too well.

Wheelock Place #02-21
Tel: 6238 8839

My beautician is Kathy. She's permanently "attached" to me. Her skills hmmm... ok lah. How to compare since she's the only one serving me in Sothy.

Next time I meet up with Kathy, I'll ask her for the eye and neck samples. I'm sure she has. You've any good pdts to recommend so that I can ask from her straight.

Is Liposome Hydrogel and Oxyliance Fluid suitable for oily face? What other functions they've besides as a makeup base? I might ask Kathy for these samples too.

eustoma

oh yeah, cynthia how often do u use the bioskin peeling? u mentioned that it's $50 in ur previous replies above. how long can it last?

C

*cynthia*

Liposome Hydrogel and Oxyliance Fluid are both moisturisers. Liposome Hydrogel is more for hydrating and Oxyliance Fluid for radiance. I alternate between the two of them each morning.

I am using it twice a week now, coupled with Oxliance Mask. It lasted me quite a few months, I think... coz I cannot remember when I bought the previous tube.
lame.gif

As for products for oily skin, I may not be the best person to recommend, coz mine is combi skin type.

eustoma

Oh so they're not meant to be makeup base?

Do you know how much is the mask?

And also how much is the facial session? Do you sign up for a package?

C

*cynthia*

<FONT FACE="comic sans ms">Hi eustoma,

<FONT COLOR="119911">According to my beautician, active cream can be used on other parts of body. But she thinks it's a waste of money to do that. Anyway... it's possible to lighten scars on other parts of body with that. However, it may not completely lightened those aged scar (i.e. scars that are around for long long time) and those scars from operations or those with lumps of flesh growing over the wound. It's best with fresh scars.
happy.gif
</FONT>

<FONT COLOR="ff6000">Normalising beauty milk is selling at $43, purifying foaming gel is selling at $45, Oxyliance Mask is selling at $75. Sothys is having a promotion now, where you get a stamp for every $25 purchase made on products. You can exchange for gifts when you reached certain tier of stamps. Your salon at Wheelock Place also have this.</FONT>

<FONT COLOR="0000ff">Yes, I am on facial package. There is no fixed price for facial. I.e. my beautician may be charging a different price for the same facial session at the salon you frequent. If you're talking about having facial sessions at Wheelock Place, your beautician will be the best person to advise you. Alternatively, you can ask them for the price list. I have enquired at that salon before, and they gave me a brochure that list the various treatments they have and corresponding prices.</FONT>

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">For me, I used Desquacrem in 2 ways. The proper way (according to instructions) is to used Desquacrem once a week. Moist your face, and spread Desquacrem evenly over it. Leave for it to act for one minute and then wash off. If you're using it more frequently, you use it like a normal cleanser. Wet face, spread Desquacrem and wash it off immediately.</FONT>

cynthia</FONT>

C

*cynthia*

<FONT FACE="comic sans ms">For oily skin:

(1)Instead of normalising beauty milk, ask if they have samples for purifying beauty milk.
happy.gif

(2)For mask, you can try absorbent mask. Most of the time, I have heard about using this mask on pimples (area application only). You can check with Kathy if this is alright for using on whole face for your skin type.
happy.gif

(3)Oil-control serum/ Purifying serum.
happy.gif
</FONT>

ssl

Whow cynthia, really expert and i like the way u explained to eustoma. very detailed.
wink.gif

Hi Eustoma, my beautician is also the same as cynthia. FYI, I have combination skin too. T zone is oily and cheek areas is sensitive. And i used absorbent mask on my T zone and find that it works pretty well in reducing the oil level. After which i will apply the hydramatt fluid.

btw, since u are on package with the salon at wheellock place, do u get discounts for product purchase??

Do they allow instalment payment?? maybe in two times rather than to pay in full?

eustoma

Hi Cynthia, thank you so much for your replies.

Dont mind if I ask you some more questions? So sorry...

What's the capacity of Normalising beauty milk $43, purifying foaming gel $45 and Oxyliance Mask $75

Hi SSL,

Not sure if I get discounts for product. What abt u 2? Instalment? Not sure also. But I dont quite like instalment leh.

C

*cynthia*

Normalising beauty milk is 200ml, purifying foaming gel is 125ml and Oxyliance Mask is 50ml. I think they can lasted about minimum 4/5 months for me...

C

*cynthia*

btw, we do get discount for buying products when we signed up facial packages.
happy.gif

ssl

i usually pay in two times when i signed up for a new package. But of course, you can pay in one go too.

As for the question on discount, cynthia has already answered you.

eustoma

hmmm... seems like sothy's facial products are less costly than what i'm using now. i think i may switch to sothy's facial products slowly.

the very first one i'm going to buy will be bioskin peeling and purifying beauty milk.

how much discount are u able to get? i'll check with kathy too.

i'm currently also using soft peeling for the body. just like any normal scrub, nothing special leh.

C

*cynthia*

Hi Eustoma,

We're getting 20% discount on facial products. Think this is dependent on the beautician one...
lame.gif

We have the travel size soft peeling too. Me using it at the moment but for my heels only... How much is the regular size and how big is it?

happy.gif
cynthia