Songs for Wedding Dinner held in the ballroom

baby77:

to get lyrics from the internet is easy. follow these steps, hopefully it'll help you:

Take "For The First Time" as an example

1. Go to a search engine eg www.google.com
2. key in "lyrics For The First Time"
If you dun know the song title, key in "Lyrics Kenny Loggins"
Or if you know only the key words, "lyrics first time"

3. After getting the results of the search, just click on the links provided. It's easy!

baby77

Hi all

Any comments for this song "eyes on me",does it suitable for walk in and campagne pouring?

Thks!

cathlyn

Hi Baby77, the lyrics of "Eyes on me" is here. Hmmm i personally feel that it is not really that suitable cos of the lyrics. But if the song has special meaning for you and your hubby, sure why not? =)

***EYES ON ME***
I never sang my songs On the stage, on my own
I never said my words
Wishing they would be heard
I saw you smiling at me
Was it real or just my fantasy
You'd always be there in the corner
Of this tiny little bar

My last night here for you
Same old songs, just once more
My last night here with you? Maybe yes, maybe no
I kind of liked it your way
How you shyly placed your eyes on me
Did you ever know? That I had mine on you

Darling, so there you are
With that look on your face
As if you're never hurt As if you're never down
Shall I be the one for you
Who pinches you softly but sure
If frown is shown then
I will know that you are no dreamer

So let me come to you
Close as I wanted to be Close enough for me
To feel your heart beating fast
And stay there as I whisper
How I loved your peaceful eyes on me
Did you ever know That I had mine on you

Darling, so share with me
Your love if you have enough
Your tears if you're holding back
Or pain if that's what it is
How can I let you know
I'm more than the dress and the voice
Just reach me out then
You will know that you're not dreaming

L

lerler

Hi Worry

choose a song that you really like.. i mean.. it is your wedding...

for me.. i think i will choose something light like "It had to be you" : ) me.. movie song crazy

worry

Hi lerler

I have thought of some song for march in, need your advice "Valentine" "I finally found someone"
and "The Gift".

Thanks

L

lerler

Hi Worry..

The songs are nice.. I like the "I finally found someone" and "the gift" is not bad too. The song "When you said nothing at all" by Ronan Keating is nice too..lovely lyrics (but not the title doeesnt gel with wedding)..

You can also consider Diana Krall " the look of love". Personally, i also like Elvis Costella "SHE" but i thot it is like focus on the brides only (so i will jus slot it somewhere).

When is your wedding? for me.. just found out from my husband that he got a fren who can sing really well.. but sing chinese.. so we might ask him to sing.. : )

lerler

L

lerler

Hi worry

also, check out the forum.. i think the other brides have a number of discussion and good suggestions.. I am listening to a CD now.. i think Say A little prayer is also nice. something light and suitable for jazzy mood

lerler

may2003

i am thinking of playing some jazz songs before the dinner starts? Any recommendation i like those female jazz singers like Nora Jones. ANy recommendation of jazz compilation cds i can buy to play for the dinner? I just bought Jazz Bistro 2 and it is not tooo bad.

worry

lerler

My wedding will be on sept 03.
CD shop ladies recommend mi the sountract "Pachel's canon in D" how u think?

Song better for march-in or the sountract?

Cheer

H

hossan

Hi all,

I have just found a CD by Tuck and Patti. It is their latest with all the love songs. Very nice. Very suitable for ballroom. BTW, they are a jazz group.

L

lerler

Hi worry

oh ya.. i think that canon song is very popular.. shld be a very safe choice for march-in! : ) dont worry so much okay? one of my colleague recommended Bond, will check with her which song.

Hi Hossan, i love norah jones & tuck & patti.. but i think have to be selective on the tracks.. cos like T&P, it gets a bit overwhelming at times (u know Patti's vocal). It is like play soft also very impact type. ha. but i love her live performance.. worth every cent.

lerler

future

hi all,
wat do u think of the song by Mariah Carey,"I'll be there"? i am looking for the lyrics but can't seem to find it on the web leh...any experts can help? Thanks!

I'll Be There by Mariah Carey

You and I must make a pact
We must bring salvation back
Where there is love
I'll be there
I'll reach out my hand to you
I'll have faith in all you do
Just call my name
And I'll be there
And oh, I'll be there to comfort you
Build my world of dreams around you
I'm so glad that I found you
I'll be there with a love that's strong
I'll be your strength, I'll keep holding on
Let me fill your heart with joy and laughter
Togetherness is all I'm after
Whenever you need me
I'll be there
I'll be there to protect you
With an unselfish love I'll respect you
Just call my name
And I'll be there
I'll be there to comfort you
Build my world of dreams around you
I'm so glad I found you baby
I'll be there with a love so strong
I'll be your strength, you wanna keep holding on
If you should ever find someone new
I know she'd better be good to you
'Cos if she doesn't
Then I'll be there
I'll be there
I'll be there
Just call my name
And I'll be there
I'll be there
I'll be there
Just call my name
And I'll be there
Just look over your shoulder
Just call my name
And I'll be there...

unyxly

hi, i am unable to find the song i want in any cd shops, even to HMV. i have a fav song, but it's only in mp3 format. anybody knows whether we can play *mp3 songs with the cd player @ the banquet? Or rather, do we need to convert mp3 into xxx before we can put it to play in the cd player? pls help, thanks.
218280.gif

zann

Hi Unyx,

I believe so, unless yr player can play mp3 files. Normally CD player plays audio files. what abt burning those mp3 files into CD using the software easy CD creator? This software can convert mp3 files to audio files for u while burning. Although this method works as I can play the CD with my music player, you may wish to try playing the CD at yr banquet's player to make sure it works for that system cos different system probably works different. Hope this helps
happy.gif

afcai

Hi Astrogirl,
maybe u can name he song and see if l have the song title or not and then I can email you.

suishi

Hi afcai,

Do you have instrumental song "From this moment" & "Finally found someone"?

Able to share what song is suitable for 1st dish?

Thank in advance!

afcai

Hi Suishi,
I used From this moment song when l first march in. I edit some part of the song starting directly from the chorus. do u know the edited one or original one?

will see if i have the other mentioned songs.

astrogirl

afcai, do you have the following songs? could u pls email them to me? Thanks a lot!

1) Sometimes when we touch - Joe Dolan
2) Can't get my eyes off you
3) Here and Now
4) I pledge my love
5) Tonight i celebrate my love for you
6) For the first time - Kenny Loggins
7) Once in a million you
8) Heaven - Ronan Hardiman
9) A Walk to Remember - Mandy Moore

afcai

Hi Astrogirl,
Have resent eddie 's contact to u liao. L have the full version 'from this moment' music but it is in the music cd. the song no 5 have been sent to u, not sure u have received it. will chekc the other songs.

afcai

Hi Suishi,
the file seems to big to be sent. Am still sending it and not sure if it is successfully sent.

afcai

Hi coco_mybibi,
have sent u song 2 and 3 only. dunno yr email box can take it ot not. once u have cleared, do inform me.

thks.