JP - Dr Phua Tan Tee

Hi,

I just had my solemnisation on 12 Dec 2009 at 1pm.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Dr Phua for his patience and his services. I would say he is the best solemniser. I receive compliments for his lively speech and the whole process was done perfectly =)

He has a fatherly look and he is very punctual and not to worry he will definitely be there for your big day once u engage him. =)

He makes my whole wedding ceremony full of joy and laughter. I will highly recommend you people to engage his services for a memorable day.

I will upload pictures soon once available =)

mayshalws

Hi Jocelyn,

I'm inviting Dr Phua as my solemiser too and my event is on 28 Dec 09.
Like to check with you, if Dr Phua stay back with you for the lunch ? As my htb and me tot of invite him join us for the dinner as well
happy.gif

eeyorex

I have invited Dr. Phua as my solemnizer as well... my rom will be in feb 2010..

Is it the norm practice that Dr. Phua will not meet us and just sent the consent form to us by mail?

Hi Mayshalws,

It depends whether he has any other things to attend, if not he will stay.

For my case, he didn't stay for long once he finish my solemnization as he is rushing for another solemnization.

If Dr Phua can make it he sure will come not to worry he will fly aeroplane unlike others mention in the forum...

On our wedding day, he actually had another appt at 2pm at Tampines but he say he will do it for me coz he knows its a special occasion for the 2 of us and the best was that our solemnization was at 1pm so he only have half an hour to settle our stuffs.

Although we tried to start at 1pm, we were a bit late due to parents late arrival coz need some fetching to and fro and limited car usage. We started at abt 1.05 to 1.10pm and he actually calm the whole ppl and manage to finish the whole ceremony without rushing us by 1.30pm. This makes me feel really comfortable and feels that he really is the best JP of all.

He really is someone you can trust and he is a very responsibility person. I am really glad to have him as my JP. =)

pearl_chin

Hi All, I am so glad that I had Dr Phua as my solemniser on 29 November. Dr Phua reached my solemnisation venue early and was very very patient with us. I would like to apologise to Dr Phua for all the waiting as my make up artist came late and as a result, I was at least half an hour late for my solemnisation. He was so understanding....I couldn't ask for more....the ceremony went on smoothly and touched our hearts...Once again, thank you so much, Dr Phua!

triple78

Dr Phua is a wonderful person. He lighten the atmosphere and make it a enjoyable event during my solemnization on 26th Dec.

Dr Phua, million thanks to you!

adelzline

Hi Jocelyn!
My solemnisation was held on 12 dec 2009 at 12pm and Dr Phua is also my solemniser! OMG, I couldn't believe that the world is so small. haha. I totally agreed with you that he was the best solemniser I had ever seen. Not only does he makes us feel comfortable, our guest were relaxed as well. He was able to communicate in dialect which makes it even more heart warming and not so formal and tense. I am eternally grateful to have Dr Phua to be our solemniser as solemnisation can only be done once.
happy.gif

adelzline

Hi missmeow

Dr Phua do not have a mobile number. Under the contacts found in MOM registered solemniser, he has the following:
Dr Phua Tan Tee
62130705 (Office)
67531028 (Home)

Remember to try his home number cos sometimes he's at home and I got through to him via his home number too. haha... Hope this information is useful to those who wants to engage Dr Phua!

PS: To those who are afraid of calling, please don't. Dr Phua is a very friendly person and usually, he will end up chatting and giving you advises over the phone.
happy.gif

mayshalws

Hi All,

I juz had my solemnisation on 28 Dec 09 and Dr. Phua as my solemniser. He's a wonderful JP. He's make the whole event so comfortable and enjoyful. He didn't rush out the whole thing and takes about 30mins to finish (including the photo taking session) But too bad he's not joining us for dinner. Thumbs up for Dr. Phua
happy.gif

adelzline

Yup mayshalws, mine is also about 30 minutes and the atmosphere is good. Eventhough he has another appointment after mine, he does not show his anxiety to leave and was very effective... i think he is very experience and he likes solemnising couples.

mayshalws

the best part is he even co-operate with the photograher. ask the photogrpher what, where and how to get a best shot. and something unique abt Dr. Phua is he will ask the groom to say 'may i kiss u' to the bride instead of 'u may kiss the bride'

lyn_sg

Dr Phua used English, Chinese and Hokkien for my friend's wedding. I feel that he's better in Chinese than English. He's very entertaining and take effort in explaining the whole solemnization process to everyone. It took about 30mins. Think he's very busy and hence was a bit late. Overall, I think he's good from the viewpoint as a guest to the event.

linusz

Okie, my gf found it. He is under single constituency search.
ROM doesnt have a centralised search system.
Some JPs are not in the JP pdf listing.

eviliss

Hi Ladies,

How long in advance do you usually book your JP? I'm currently shortlisting Dr Phua, but my wedding should only falls on this Dec, am I too Kiasu?

Thanks!

Hi Lissy,

The earliest date is 3 months in advance from your big day if you want to book your JP =) (eg. Dec 2010 so u have to book JP during September 2010. Which is the day u wanna file for ROM the earliest date =)

quido

For Dr Phua ... no need to wait for 3 months ~~ have reserved him for my solemnisation in May since Nov last year ~

lazy1000

hi everyone.. im considering inviting Mr Phua as our solemniser but just wan to check with those who had invited him too...
although i read that he can conduct in mandarin, but how was his command of mandarin? as in, the way he reads.. is it fluent or was it like "one piece, one piece"?

Thanks!!

kunniqinwa

I tried calling Dr Phua but there was no ans.. emailed him in the evening and just received his reply!! He has accepted my invitation and would conduct my solemnization on 3rd April..

Is there anything i need to look into? vow etc?? or is there anything i need to ask him??

thanks! =)

mayshalws

congrats..no worry..he will prepare 3 english version vows and 1 chinese vow for you to choose. alternative, you can customise and use or your vow. he'll prepare the and post the solemniser conscent form to you.

piggeekgirl

pink_lady00: Hey! You just need to ask him that you're inviting him on which date and what time and whether he is free during that time. That's what we asked and he replied saying he is free and asked for more details. That's bout it.
happy.gif

Now we just need to find a parking space for him! Forgot to take note that he might be driving so need to find out where he can park his car. :X

piggeekgirl

Hi pink_lady00,

We emailed him that time. So it's up to your preference.
happy.gif
Do note that usually Dr. Phua seems to only reply to email at night since we only got his reply around midnight or so.

Hope that helps! ;)

lyn_sg

Hi Zac,

Dont worry about his mandarin. It's even better than his english. I dont quite like him speaking in english, i think he sound nicer in mandarin or hokkien haha.

misspiggy81

May I have Dr Phua email? I called him twice at his office but nobody pick up. Called his home and they say he's at work. Abit paisay to keep calling :p

lazy1000

btw... those who have invited Dr Phua to be their solemniser, may I ask approx. how long is the whole ceremony?

Thanks!

piggeekgirl

misspiggy81: Dr. Phua's email is as follow: PHUA_Tan_Tee[at]nea.gov.sg replacing the [at] with @.
happy.gif

lazy1000: I heard from a friend who attended a solemnization ceremony held by Dr. Phua and seems like he seemed to talk very long. But am interested to find out also!

lazy1000

Kat: I've read about that quite some time ago too.. but seems like in recent times it has shortened by a tiny bit.. so looking to cfm that..

misspiggy81

Thanks! Received his mail this morning that he's not available at the timing i want.. so sad...now i have to go source for another JP as good as him
sad.gif

eeyorex

hi all.. just ROMed last sat... I had Dr Phua as my solemniser... all I can say is... he is really great....

he reached 1 hr earlier.. and quite patient.. all my family members and guests were late.. instead of rushing me, Dr Phua still comfort me telling that everything will be fine...

lucky my solemnisation starts on time..

to some, Dr Phua can be quite long-winded.. but hey.. can feel that its from his bottom of his heart... my family members and frens had good comments about him..

yes.. he managed to calm both of us down with his jokes.. =)