Solemnisation in a ballroom

Evonkoh

Hi,

I am planning to have a solemnisation with a wedding package in Fullerton straits room.
Understood that it is a bit wasted to only do solemnisation but me and my htb wanted everything to be simple and doesn’t want to have a rom then wedding dinner or so.

But is this too ridiculous?
We want to keep everything simple.
Just like to hear other feedback.
We will skip the grown, gate crashing, tea ceremony.

felirocious

Nothing is too ridiculous. It’s after allhow both of you enjoy and also taking into consideration of parents.

It’s better to seek for parents consensus and understanding if you are doing without banquet and tea ceremony if you had not done so. Parents’ thoughts and feelings will be required to be considered.
You won’t want to deal like last min requests which you didn’t expect and your initial plan may go to waste.

As for gown, initially I didn’t wanted to have gown too. But I didn’t want to look back years later and asked myself why I didn’t wear a gown. I wasn’t satisfied with my reasoning. So I opted for ala-carte for AD. I skipped the big gowns and PWS.

Evonkoh

Nothing is too ridiculous. It’s after allhow both of you enjoy and also taking into consideration of parents.

It’s better to seek for parents consensus and understanding if you are doing without banquet and tea ceremony if you had not done so. Parents’ thoughts and feelings will be required to be considered.
You won’t want to deal like last min requests which you didn’t expect and your initial plan may go to waste.

As for gown, initially I didn’t wanted to have gown too. But I didn’t want to look back years later and asked myself why I didn’t wear a gown. I wasn’t satisfied with my reasoning. So I opted for ala-carte for AD. I skipped the big gowns and PWS.

Thank you for the reply.

akemi0sihui

Hi,

I am planning to have a solemnisation with a wedding package in Fullerton straits room.
Understood that it is a bit wasted to only do solemnisation but me and my htb wanted everything to be simple and doesn’t want to have a rom then wedding dinner or so.

But is this too ridiculous?
We want to keep everything simple.
Just like to hear other feedback.
We will skip the grown, gate crashing, tea ceremony.

Hi! I had the same plans as you! It’s not ridiculous!!

We skipped the traditional stuff... and only do things we wanted for keepsake in future... we eventually only be doing solemnisation together with Chinese dinner... for my direct relative only.. lol... about 7 tables incl 2 VIP table, and 2 tables for our close friends.. hahah ...

tea ceremony out of respect to my family as i have a big family... it’s also easier to use this opportunity to intro my HTB to my relatives.. But my parents did not insist... only for those relatives who want to come earlier for the tea ceremony, before our solemnisation and dinner at the same venue...

we are wearing gown and suit... but it’s also due to respect for our big day as we wanna differentiate any other dinner days to our wedding day...so it’s really up to you and your family support...

I understood some family will have something to say even it’s your wedding... for us, both our parents are pretty open to it..

I went to see Fullerton strait room too! But eventually selected another venue instead...