Solemnisation at Tapestry Room - CSC @ Bukit Batok

liqing01

Hihi

U gers are so sweet! These info very helpful u know.

Okie i will go try out lavender@stamford house and fashion lab.

Christine, The gown i looking at is white in color, dun think silver goes well? But if i decide to buy others in the suggested places, i will borrow from u okie?
Luckily u staying v near me!
N if u looking for resale flat, y dun try buy nearer to jurong east mrt since i think its quite central for u n ur hubby? Its between J West and Bt Batok mah.

Ade, at least ur FH drives! My FH and me both dun owe a vehicle, so we have to stay near the mrt lor. The environment of ur EC is v nice...I v envious man, but 400k is too ex for us. How much u have to pay per month then? we have to pay abt $1k for our flat every mth, its very hefty for us already...

christine

Hi Ade, actually u r not exactly gan chiong to book banquet venue and bridal package now. Usual practice is ard one yr in advance. U mind sharing with me details of ur banquet venue? I am also doing research on list of possible venues... As for bridal package, I think i will source in JB coz many of my frenz feedback that packages in JB are more attractive.

Hey Lay Cheng, I am not sure if the shawl will match the white dress u saw. But my hubby's cousin had borrowed it before to match her white D&D dress. If u wanna take a look at it, i can show to you since we live so near to each other. :>
We are also looking at resale flats in Jurong East area, but my hubby is very concerned with accessibility(coz we dun own a car) and also appromixty to food centres (coz i dunno how to cook.. haha), so its not gonna be easy to get something he likes. I guess we will wait for the housing agent to show us suitable flats. I am leaving the flat location to my hubby so that I wont upset my MIL coz she's not very happy when i suggested places too far from her. Haiz...

skyea

Hi Lay Cheng,
Don't have to be envious le. Environment is just one thing, but what's most important is still the comfort of your own home.
happy.gif
We're paying $800 odd currently but it will go up to more than $1k also when our loan is fully disbursed. The good thing is that we can use our CPF money to pay, if not it's going to be very taxing. Anyway, when will you be moving into your new place?

Hi Christine,
We've signed up with Swissotel Merchant Court for our banquet. They are already taking in bookings for 2009, up till March. If you're interested, i can email you their packages. Yup yup, it's true that the bridal packages in JB are more attractive. For the same price, you can get so much more over there. But your hubby and you are ok with the travelling part?

christine

Hi Ade,

Can i have the packages for Swissotel? My email: [email protected]
Have you gone for food tasting? If so, is the food good? My hubby and I would prefer nice food over ambience for the banquet coz nobody really remember how pretty the venue is but most will recall the food if its tasty.
As for travelling to JB for bridal pkg, I guess should not be a problem coz my FIL bought a car for the family and we can use it if we need to go ard to settle our wedding errands. My MIL also agrees that it would be more worth it to take the bridal pkg in JB, or rather she was the one who suggested that we choose in JB so i guess she will be more supportive if we need the family car. Anyway, we will most probably pick a bridal shop nearer to customs so that we need not travel too far each time. What i am more concerned will be my hubby's willingness to go thru the tedious process of the photo shoots coz he's not those who likes to smile and take photos. After our rom photos last yr, he was like telling me that he wont be taking photos for the next whole yr coz the number of times he smiled during our ROM was more than wat he would have for the whole year. Haha...

skyea

Hi qianqian,
No problem! But may i have your email address please?

Hi Christine,
You've got mail! I've not gone for the food tasting yet; we can only do so about 2 months before our actual wedding. But i've heard rather good reviews about their food, so i guess it should be quite alright.
happy.gif
Your hubby is quite comical eh. Don't worry too much, just tickle him during the photo shoot and he will definitely flash his biggest smile! Hehe.

christine

Hi Ade,

Thanks for your email. The package looks quite attractive but not sure if my hubby & in-laws like it. But anyway, u let me know if food is good after ur food tasting ok? Hehe... I will do abit more sourcing then maybe decide later since my customary will only be in 2009. Just have to pray hard that the prices dun shoot up too fast before we make our decision...

qianqian

christine, think u can go city square, there is quite a few BS there.. your hubby dun simle u can request take those act cool photo lor... i got a fren's wedding ablum also like that. cos she say her hubby smile not nice... haha

qianqian

hey just read the past thread...
just to share woodland not that far from jurong.. sobsob cos my new home will be at sengkeng (faintz).. i wanted to buy jurong west one.. but my FH wan to stay near his parent so end up we go ballot for the BTO near his place.. and i have to wait till 2010 then can get my flat.. sianz rite...

skyea

Hi Christine,
No problem at all. But my food tasting will only be in April next year. I can still let you know whether it's good or not if you have not booked your banquet venue then. Hee. Anyway, based on my 'research', the annual increment for banquet packages is on average $30 per table. So my advice is to book earlier. At least you can save up quite a fair bit.

Hi qianqian,
You've got mail! Sengkang is indeed very far from Jurong. Wah, 2010...that's three years from now. So are you going to move in with your hubby first after the solemnistion?

qianqian

no will be staying at jurong then occasionly camp at my hubby place... mmaybe after AD then see how... our AD will be in early 2009...

skyea

Hi qianqian,
Same here. I will still be staying with my parents at Bukit Batok after the solemnisation, but might camp over at the new place during the weekend when it's ready.

skyea

Hi Lay Cheng,
Just one month away to our solemnisation!
happy.gif

Hi qianqian,
Yours is exactly two months away! Hee.

Let's be happy and pretty brides!
happy.gif

liqing01

Hi all!!

sorry was so busy with my course n buying a ROM dress, rings and all the what nots...

Some updates on myself first, i finally bought a white dress from Daniel Yam. Went to check out Lavender but the price a bit steep even with 10% discount. but the dresses v pretty pretty lah. No choice settled for the DY dress for $100.

Ade: Yaya we are so near to our ROM date already! and i haven decide on whether i wanna do up a mounting board or just a guest bk for my guests... hope n pray i b in time. Ade, ur package at swissotel, can email me too?

Qian Qian: Wau Seng Kang! THATS FAR! tell ur hubby he must treat u extra nice everyday to compensate u for moving over there ya.

Christine: I think wedding photoshoot can reali b done in johor... thats what a lot of frens told me too its cheap n everything. i bought a white shawl to go with my dress already so thks for the offer!

Anyways, our ROM are reali nearing gers! OMG! I reali cun believe it! Are u gers excited?!

skyea

Hi Lay Cheng,
May i have your email address please?
happy.gif
I've already done up my guest book; just a simple one though. Glad that you've gotten your ROM dress. Hee. So you've bought your rings too? Don't worry, there's still enough time for you to do up the mounting board or guest book. Jia you!

Hi ladies,
I'm sure excited! Now, i'm trying to find a good place for french manicure/pedicure. Any recommendations? By the way, will you be playing any march-in song? Have you thought of which one to use? I'm still deciding if i should have a march-in, and if i do, i would love to play the song "Endless Love". But i don't think the song is that suitable for use during march-in.
sad.gif

liqing01

Erm i oso tot of songs... I oso tot of Endless love but its unsuitable for march-in... I thinking of Happy Together by The Beatles... but dunno can or not... I gotta go buy a mounting board from Popular this wkend, so busy!

My email add is [email protected]

qianqian

wow. congratz ade...
muz keep us update okie..
by the way me got night class that day can't go down and see hee.. do share with me your photo okie...

by the way do u do invitation card for your guest.. will u be bring wine there or buy from jeffery..

skyea

Hi Mindy,
Mine is dinner, so can't really help you on the rate for high-tea. Sorry! But you can email Jeffrey at [email protected] to find out.
happy.gif

Hi qianqian,
No problem. Will share the photos with you girls after i come back from my mini honeymoon. Hehe.

Yup yup, we did our own invitation card but it's a soft copy which we emailed to our friends. I only prepared two hard copies for my relatives. We will be bringing our own wine and champagne.
happy.gif

Hi Lay Cheng,
I will not be in singapore on your solemnisation day. So just wanna congratulate you first. Do rest early these few days and be a pretty bride!
happy.gif

qianqian

oh lay cheng, i forget to attend your solemnistion,

sobsob... how is your big day...

hey gals, why after your ROM.. u all disappeared.. wow now only left me in this thread... me now counting down liao.. so stress... when can u show me your pretty photo...

skyea

Hi qianqian,
I was away from Singapore after my ROM and just got back today. Everything turned out very well on that day; the decor was good and food was quite good too. Our guests had positive comments about the place. Hee. I have yet to upload the pictures, will do so over the weekend and share with you girls.
happy.gif

Hi Lay Cheng,
How was your ROM? Hope it went well!
happy.gif

qianqian

wow ade where u go for honeymoom... so so many days.. me so envy... i also wan to go honeymoom after ROM... but no $$$ liao... sobsob...

skyea

Hi qianqian,
You've mail! We went on a 8 days tour to China. It was really tiring! Maybe you and your hubby can go to a nearby place for a short getaway and save up for a 'bigger' honeymoon after your customary wedding? Hee.
happy.gif

qianqian

seem the deco not so bad.... do u deco it yourself or its all done by jeffery...

aiyo it going to be my turn.. me so excited..
quick tell me more wad happen that day...
so do u manage to have a match in

qianqian

how abt laycheng,

seem like she not active anymore hor... or maybe laycheng also go for honeymoom liao...

laycheng i wan to see your photo too leh... where are u laycheng.. heee...

skyea

Hi qianqian,
Thanks for your lovely comments. Actually i didn't eat much that evening, but when i asked my guests if the food was good, all of them had good comments. They especially liked the green curry chicken. So foodwise, it should be ok.
happy.gif

As for the deco, everything was done up by Jeffrey, except those stuff on the reception table and the ring pillow, which are ours. The whole place looked really cosy when night fell. Thumbs up for the deco too. Don't have to worry much yeah? Hee.

Ok, here's what happened that day: when we reached at close to 6pm, the deco was all done up and the food was already coming in. We just decorated the reception table with the guestbook and rochers, and placed our ring pillow, with the wedding bands, and the wedding documents, on the solemnisation table. Then we went to take some pictures before heading back to mingle with the guests. When it was time for the ceremony to begin, Jeffrey made the announcement and we marched in from the door, walked straight ahead, turned left and walked straight to the solemnisation table. It was something like a L-shape march-in.

The solemnisation and reception tables were empty, so you may want to bring some decorative items to place there. And do bring along your own march-in song. Let me know if you have anything else to ask. Meanwhile, rest well and prepare to be a beautiful bride!
happy.gif

Haha yeah, Lay Cheng may have gone on her honeymoon too. Let's wait for her to be back! Hee.

skyea

Hi qianqian,
No, we did not hide behind the door, we just walked close to the door, but were still inside tapestyroom. We used the song "dream a little dreams of you". I think it's the Ferrero Rocher's ad song. Hee.

qianqian

thx thx..
yesterday is a good day.. but as i have 70 pax so abit packed... overall quite good.. will upload the pix when i have the pix

yihyih

Hi Ade!
Got your email. Thank u so much!! u and ur hubby looked like the happiest couple in the world
happy.gif

Both my bf & I find Tapestry an ideal place coz we're looking for somewhere cosy & convenient. But the qoute we received from Jeffrey has 7 main dish + 1 dessert only.... too little for us.
Was your solemnizer arranged by Jeffrey too?

skyea

Hi Ru Yih,
You're welcome.
happy.gif

Yup yup, tapestry room is indeed cosy. It's also quite romantic if your solemnisation is going to be at night too. For the menu, if you find the dishes too little, you can actually add on a few more; just have to top up accordingly. Maybe you can find out more from Jeffrey. I sourced for my own solemniser as i already had one in mind then. But Jeffrey can also arrange one for you if you need.
happy.gif

yihyih

Em.. we're thinking of discussing more with Jeffrey this weekend. My bf suggests to accept another hotel package coz they offer better food at a similar price, but I still prefer the ambience of tapestry room....

skyea

Hi ruyih,
Maybe you can discuss with your bf again after the meet-up with Jeffrey and decide which one is better.
happy.gif

qianqian

ade do u have multiply account....
add me at userid: elicia
i have post some preview of my photo.. the taken by my PG is not out yet

skyea

Hi qianqian,
Very nice photos! Your dress is really unique, you look just like a pretty ballerina in it.
happy.gif
Can't wait to see the rest of your photos! Hee.

yihyih

my bf & I just booked Tapestry Room for our rom on 8 Dec. Jeffrey agree to add more dessert if we have many guests... find him very nice & flexible
happy.gif