Solemnisation at Mandai Orchid Garden. Any advice???

sun_lover

Was very very disappointed with the service of their Co-ordinator.... am now thinking twice whether to take this place. Really worried that things will go wrong on my wedding day with the way the co-ordinator handled my request. Any brides who had their wedding there care to share your experience?

snoozy

sun_lover.. i hope u think twice before consider that place. I got veri very bad experience there and tat reali spoilt my wedding.

superbabe

sun_lover: well... the co-ordinator tat gave bad services had already left... perhaps you can try meeting up with the lastest sales executive, she is very helpful, and i know tat she stays thru out the whole event to attend to every single needs. & i also heard tat she is very experience in wedding events, why not just meet up with her first?

bluzdaz

Yesterday held my ROM at Mandai Orchid Garden, my wife was very please with the sales executive by the name of Christina, very comprimising and stay thru out the event.Even before the event, there was some outstanding issue which the last sale exec didn't even settled, she just help me done it & able to advice us on some of the things which i wanted. Nowadays very difficult to find this kind of service.
My wife & me personally give her a thump-up service. Any couples who wish to plan their ROM can give her a call @ 81267924 Christina

yichuan18

Just had my ROM at Mandai Orchid Garden today. Everything went well and all my guests thought that it was a refreshing change from the usual solemnisation at ROM. My solemniser was Mr Chan and he cracked a few jokes to loosen the tension in the air.

Christina and all the staff were extremely helpful. They really made it a memorable day for my wife and myself and all our guests!

Two thumbs up!

vocare

Hi Ah Qi,

Dont worry about the weather. As june is the best time of the year for out door weather. Just keep praying for the best. Usually the raining season only start in oct and nov.

The best timing for outdoor wedding will be evening time.
4-7pm. or morning time. Afternoon time will be too hot for anything.

some guest that i have know provide insect repeller for their guest. That might be something that you want to take note of . Usually for botanic gardern.

elainechia

Hi all,
in case anyone here thinking of getting wedded there... i was working in Mandai for a while - yvonne is one of the wedding couple i was working with? i think so...
anyway, it's a really nice place... especially good if you would like a unique venue.

kinda miss working there...
happy.gif
Enjoy

insanelychubby

hey Christine,

Saw your pictures! Really pretty!

I just emailed MOG but someone else replied my email, it wasn't Christina.

So i am kinda worried..

Can i know which package did you take?

Thanks!

angeluv

Hi, anyone hold their solemnisation here before in evening at 6pm. I wonder if the photos can capture the orchids and garden feel when the sky turns dark? Or is it better to hold at an earlier timing?

angeluv

Hi, anyone hold their solemnisation here before in evening at 6pm. I wonder if the photos can capture the orchids and garden feel when the sky turns dark? Or is it better to hold at an earlier timing?

insanelychubby

Hi angel,

I emailed MOG as i as sourcing a place for ROM. I didn't really like the 2 hour packages stated in their website.

I was thinking of holding a evening ceremony too with a dinner.

I'm also worried about the same issue as you. but they offered me to take a walk in the garden and show me around. i think it would be good to do that, so you won't have hipcups during the actual ROM day itself.

and this was the various packages they offered, excluding the standard ROM packages.

High Tea Package:
S$45++ per pax (Weekdays) -Monday To Thursday
S$48++ per pax (Weekends) -Friday to Sunday
(minimum of 30 pax)

Cocktail Package:
S$50++ per pax
(minimum of 30 pax)

Brunch Package:
S$60++ per pax (Weekdays) -Monday To Thursday
S$65++ per pax (Weekends) -Friday to Sunday
(minimum of 30 pax)

Buffet Lunch Package:
S$55++ per pax (Weekdays) -Monday To Thursday
S$65++ per pax (Weekends) -Friday to Sunday
(minimum of 30 pax)

Buffet Dinner Package:
S$65++ per pax (Weekdays) -Monday To Thursday
S$75++ per pax (Weekends) -Friday to Sunday
(minimum of 30 pax)

Chinese Wedding Dinner Package (minimum of 100 pax)
8 Course Chinese Dinner
S$748++ per table (Weekdays) -Monday To Thursday
S$798++ per table (Weekends) -Friday to Sunday

9 Course Chinese Dinner
S$848++ per table (Weekdays) -Monday To Thursday
S$898++ per table (Weekends) -Friday to Sunday

Package includes:
- free flow of sof drinks
- free Gazebo setup for solemnization (if required)
- free entry and parking to all guests
- choice of dining venues (based on capacity) plus basic decorations
- elegant white seat covers for all chairs
- complimentary usage of Bridal Room
- complimentary of invitation cards (60% based on guaranteed number of guests)
- complimentary of 20 ltr barrel of beer or 10 bottles of house pour wine, only applicable for weekend chinese dinner (12 tables & above)

Optional:
- wedding favours (mini potted plants) for guest @ S$1.00 each
- Projector & Screen Rental @ S$180++
- Sound System Rental @ S$450++ (c/w 2 wireless microphones)
- House pour wine @ S$48++ per bottle (corkage @ S$25++ per bottle)
- Tiger Beer 20 litre barrel @ S$420++ & 30 litre barrel @ S$620++
- Solemnization at Water Garden @ S$400++
- Marquee setup @ Mokara Hall open area @ S$2500++, Mokara Hall side walk @ S$800++

Remark: A deposit of 50% is required upon confirmation.

Hope it helps. =]

angeluv

Hi WyLeen, thks for your reply. I already booked their venue for evening ROM n dinner from 6pm-11pm but my solemniser can only start at 6.30pm. I'm worried if it is abit late as the sky will start to turn dark after that and the photos taken of the orchids and garden will not be nice at night. Thinking if I should start earlier at 5pm instead but it seems abit early for a dinner event. Headache! Anyone did ROM in evening can share how was the photos taken? Or maybe can schedule the photo taking before the sky turns dark? And normally how do you schedule the programs for the event?

ducky81

Hi Angel,
Care to share what is your packages inclusive of?
I just went down to MOG today and quite like the place and wanted to sign up. But before that, would like to know what ohter things that I can request from them besides the basic items that they stated.
Btw, is your cordinator Nizam?

clarius

Hi Ducky
I went to MOG recently also to check out the place, was offered the same as wyleen. Coordinator is Nizam too. wanted to hold my solemnisation in the water garden and then proceed to vanilla pod restaurant for dining. Haiz, was told by Nizam that if i want to dine in Vanilla, I have to pay an extra $1500. So we decided to drop the idea, have to admit that that the place is beautiful. Good backgrop for phototaking.
happy.gif

ducky81

Hi Celine,
yah i was captured by the scenery... it is beautiful...
I think I will sign up within this week but i dun think i will hold it at water garden and vanilla pod. It is too costly... Me and HTB feels tat the gazebo (for solemnization) and viewing gallery (for makan session) is good enough for our event...and our idea as to have it outdoor...

Actually there is another place beside vanilla pod..i think it is a cafe...it seems also a nice and cozy place... it nearer to the entry of charkol...Nizam told me there is cheaper than vanilla pod... ard $800...
btw, when is ur big day?

clarius

Hi Ducky,
Thanks for the info! Ya the viewing gallery is good too! Gazebo can only hold up to 35 pax, that's why water garden is the other choice for us. (Got 70 pax) Solemnisation in sept. How about you?
happy.gif

ducky81

Hi Celine,
Sept? tats only 3 months away...so u signed up already?
Mine will be on Dec and expecting abt 50+pax.
As for the capacity at gazebo, we tot tat for the guests tat cant get any seat, can gather around the gazebo. As we also want to have a casual environment.
Alternatively, we plan to have cocktail setup ard gazebo.

clarius

Hi Ducky,
No we didnt. sigh, think we spent too much time recceing the diff places le. We wanted a garden outdoor wedding as such, we decided on hort park. needs more effort on our part as we will need to do everything by ourselves, eg sourcing for tentage, caterer, deco. Now we are checking out the various vendors/prices.

Have you signed up with MOG already?

ducky81

Celine,
why not MOG? as can save the time doing deco and sourcing works?
I'll sign by this week with MOG.
Btw, will you need to source for the sound system for hort park? can let me if u hv a gd deal? I didnt opt for the MOG's rental of sound system, found it abit expensive...

clarius

though MOG was one of the short-listed venues, our preferences is still hort park...
happy.gif

So have you signed with MOG?

Yes we will need to source for sound system too, will let you know again. You have any lobangs let me know too!

clarius

Congrats ducky! Your coordinator is sharul? Btw, did you manage to get them to charge you for less than the no of pax you invited? One btb who chose that venue managed to get that. So rem to ask if you didnt
happy.gif

kchinghong

hi gals, sorry i din really look at the thread anymore due to busy schedule. i finish my rom last yr in nov 2008. i got the quotation from Ghaz in Jan 2008 as given:

"Please find the packages as stated below:

High Tea Solemnization Package
sad.gif
9am to 12 pm) ( 2pm to 5pm)

S$42++ per pax

minimum of 50 pax

Buffet Lunch Package
sad.gif
11am to 3 pm)

S$55++ per pax

minimum of 50 pax

Buffet Dinner Package
sad.gif
5pm to 11 pm)

S$60++ to S70++ per pax ( Depend on the menu chosen)

minimum of 50 pax

All the packages Includes:

- free flow of soft drinks (christina allows me to bring my own fruit punch mix as i m particular about the colour of the drink and get the staff from vanilla pod to help me mix the drinks at no charges, she even went to help me seek advice from the restuarant on how many bottls of fruit punch syrup to buy for the no of guests i have)

- choice of venues (dining and solemnization)(which I was given vanilla pod for the venue which was really lovely)

- decorations of venues (hmm the decor for the railings and organza sash for guests chairs is not included of cos)

- elegant white seat covers for all chairs

- floral center pieces on all tables (but petals is not included so u need to prep your own one. christina did offer to hlp me prep but i turn her down as i prefer to do it on my own)

- invitation cards (60% based on guaranteed number of guests)

- wedding favours (mini potted plants) for all guests (ghaz only let me choose between silver and gold which is bullshit and super inflexible. after chritna took over she told me to go to the florise to get the ribbons of the colour i want which cost me like only perhaps 3 bucks and she and her assistant will tie the ribbon on the pot for me so that the flow is there)

- free parking facility and garden entry for all guests

- Backgroud music for the dining area. Any further sound system with microphones chargeable at $ 400.00++(sound system is super so so and not really that good according to my best friend who usually work with professional soundman at various events. but to novices like me i think i can accept it =))
"

hope the infor helps i am quite irk by the fact that they don't ever update their pricing on the webby since 2005 ? and now even charging pple for the favours(sigh) even tho the pricing per pax is much higher right now.

anyway i don't see christina's name mentioned in around in the thread, does it mean she is no longer working over there? i think she is really so good that i think i was freaking lucky that she went back to MOG for work(and replace that arrogant and rigid Ghaz) during my rom time. her service was really so value added as compared to Ghaz.

Anyway if you are into capturing the pics of the garden, do have ur wedding during the day time even though it might be hot. my cousin once attended dinner at night there and he told me that it was very dark outside the restaurant and he can't see much of the garden. so this might be something u need to consider. however, if given the right coordinator, the place is really beautiful for holding the wedding =)

ducky81

Celine,
my cordinator is Nizam. Yup, it is cheaper with more pax...
i think Nizam is quite helpful and flexible...
happy.gif

ducky81

Celine,
Nizam is leaving? are u sure? he told u?
He did not mention that to me when we signed... in fact he told me that he is trying to get more colors for the decoration by end of the year?

Hi everyone,

This is Christina, the former sales manager from Mandai Orchid Garden.

Basically, do not worry about if Nizam is leaving or not, there is another sales personnel there. Her name is Jessie, she is an experienced wedding planner. Your event would still run smoothly.

And yes (to Christine), i have left the garden. If anyone would like to contact me, i am reachable at the following email: [email protected].

Christina Lim

gerard

Hi Christina,

I have enquire at MOG and Jessie got back to me on the following for my ROM in Dec 09.

1. Food @ $30++ per pax 2,106.00
(quoted based on the lowest menu cost)

2. Venue Rental

- Water Garden (Solemnisation Venue) 520.00
- VP restuarant (Lunch/Hi-Tea Venue) 500.00

3. Decor & Fresh Flower Arrangement 600.00

- ROM Table Centrepiece x 1pc
- VIP Chairs Floral Pews x 2pcs
(Bride,Groom & Witnesses chairs)
- Aisle Pews @ Solemnisation Site x 6pcs
- Table Centre Pieces @ Dinner site x 12pcs (based on long table arrangement)
- Overall decor of wooden hut @ water garden

TOTAL Expected Cost $3,726.00

I was just thinking how come I have to pay for the rental fees for Vanilla restaurant as well? We are already paying for the 60 pax buffet so of course MOF should provide us with a place to sit down to eat right?? Please advise..

Thank you!!

clarius

Hi Gerard,
when i enquired about a mth ago, they quoted me $1500 for usage of VP restaurant. They told me there was additional charge cos vanilla pod not under MOG. But there are alternatives FOC eating area, you can check. They also quoted me cheapest for food is $45++.

ducky81

Hi Celine,
I had checked with Nizam according whether he is resigning or nt, he mentioned that he will still run the my event, which is on Dec... then he didnt elaborate further...

Hi Gerard,
Same like Celine, vanilla pod was quoted to me for $1500. But i opted out for the outdoor eating area... as i think it is supposed to be an outdoor kinda of things rite when u have MOG in mind? Can enjoy the beautiful garden view too...
happy.gif

Hi Gerald, Celine & Ducky,

Sorry for the late reply.

Well, something tat i need to clarify here is tat.

Nizam is no longer the employee of Mandai Orchid Garden. But whichever event tat he had committed, he will still run it as agreed by the management. Jessie is the new wedding person there.

All i can say is that the wedding department has already been in charge by external parties, tat is the reason why there is charges for the venues.

To Christine: well, i have to move on though, contact me thru my email lor, from there i would be able to give u my contact number, haha, not here la... too many ppl reading post here liao leh. :p

ellie_huang

Hi there,

My wedding co-ordinator is Nizam but he already quit in June. We contacted his colleague and we were told that Jessie will take over but later on his colleague said Nizam works as a freelance for Mandai orchid and Jessie will be in charge of other things. We asked Nizam when can he arrange a time for food tasting but he kept postponing and until recently he said we cant try the food as it's buffet, not chinese banquet. We tried to contact him again but he never replies, so we find him very irresponsible but we dont know who to contact. Any advice?

we feel like changing wedding co-ordinator but not sure whether that is allowed and we already paid the deposit.

thanks!

blur_bride

Hi Ellie,
I have Nizam for my cordinator too...
oh no! we cant have the food tasting now?
I planned to have the food tasting on Oct or Nov...
How about contacting June? can she help to adress this?
I think changing cordinator does not have anything to do with whether you paid deposit or nt mah? ur contract is with MOG and not Nizam mah...unless u want to change venue... just my tots...

btw, when is ur wedding?

ellie_huang

Hello blur bride,

My wedding is in Dec, still have about 3 months+ from now . Is June the manager or his colleague? We called the office yesterday and it seems like we're not allowed to change co-ordinator.

Have u arranged a time with him for food tasting?

When's yr wedding?
happy.gif

Ellie

blur_bride

HI Ellie,
Actually I have not contacted them after I signed the contract. I also heard abt Nizam no longer with MOG is from forum too. So i'm not sure about June.
I have not arrange for food tasting as i tot i will only have it ard oct or nov.

btw, mine is only ROM...it will be on the 6thDec...
how about urs?

ellie_huang

Hi blur bride,

Mine is on the 13th, just a week after yours.
happy.gif
Nizam told us there'll be a change in caterer. that's when we called him then only he told us. I thought the caterer should be the restaurant in Mandai Orchid?? Unless the restaurant has changed owner, if not, why is there a change in catering service? Now i'm worried what kind of food will he provide for my guests on my wedding day. sigh......

Hi Ellie & Blur Bride,

i am Christina, the former sales manager from MOG. Anyway, just to clarify certain details if it is not convey properly to both of u. Nizam is right in a way.

Food tasting is only conducted for chinese banquet menu. Unless your guest list exceeds 150 pax, then there will be food tasting for certain items of the food for western buffet.

Yes, Vanilla Pod Restaurant has already change ownership. It is not run by MOG anymore.

Perhaps u gals can talk to the PA of MOG, Kenny. See if he can clear all your concerns, since u all have a hard time contacting Nizam.

Alternatively, u gals can contact me via my email: [email protected]. I can try to see if there's anything i can assist u gals.

ellie_huang

Thanks Christina for your advice. Latest update is: he's changed the caterer to an external caterer (which i dont even know the name) without informing us. Is the food in Mandai ORchid that terrible until we have to use an external caterer??

Anyway, this is my email add: [email protected]. Blur bride, you can email me if you have any updates from him. We'll meet up with him pretty soon to sort things out.

Thanks Christina for your advice. We'll probably have to talk to Kenny about our wedding arrangement.
happy.gif

blur_bride

thanks christina!

hi Ellie, probably i'll try to contact Nizam few weeks later to discuss and confirm whether whatever he promised us still valid or have any changes... till then, i'll let u know...
ph btw, my rom will be a high tea event...so i'm not sure how affected it will be by the change of the caterer.
how abt urs? a dinner? lunch?
let me know if you have any updates ya...

blur_bride

Hi Veronica,
U can contact Nizam at 81267923. He is my event cordinator... Though he is not MOG's employee anymore but he is running events under his own and uses MOG as the venue.
I had looked at the new package under Nizam and it's better than I had when he is still under MOG.

u can contact him as he is quite an approachable guy...

good luck!
happy.gif