design

Thanks Cynthia
happy.gif

Thanks Lisa
happy.gif

kind of glad that its over too. One less thing to worry abt
happy.gif

shice

wow... no wonder ur decor look so much nicer than wat they have shown me.. heh..

btw my fren solemnised there on 11 june also.. probably they took the lunch timing bah.. =) heh.. haven get to see their photos..

ebearz

Congras DeSign! =)

your decor look beautiful.. thanx for sharing your photos.. we just confirmed our ROM venue with Pat..

Cynthia, are you thinking of DIY your ROM venue? this idea ever come across my mind too.. but worry it will be too troublesome.. when your ROM? mine is in Nov 07.. =Þ

shice

i'm gg to diy the rom venue.. but now thinking of it.. i don't have time to do so.. and i dunno if i should get my friends to help, since they will be coming in nice dresses..
sad.gif

wonder if the pple there are kind enough to help..

ebearz

i also thought of that.. somemore they are coming specially to celebrate our happy occiasion.. feel not so approiate to ask them to help up.. =|

anyway, i did tell a few of my close friends that i may need their help..

did you intend to use fresh flowers to decorate the venue? or prepare some artificial flowers for decor?

shice

i'll be using ribbons and netting.. bought the decor over from someone who has used it..

fresh flowers will wither easily under hot sun.. so might not be a good idea..

mine is hi-tea..

btw ebearz, when's ur rom?

pinkdewy

Hi, I'll be holding mine 3pm on 3rd Aug.
Not planning to do any decor on my own.
Will it be too plain or not nice?
From the pics they show us, it seems ok.
To spend few 100s on decor for a short event, I'm not prepared to spend this $.
Pls advise. Thanks

ebearz

mine rom is on 11 Nov.. mine is a lunch..

true, fresh flower will wither easily.. thought of getting artifical flowers and prepare everything beforehand.. then at least on that day itself will only leave with the hanging up portion..

ya, agreed.. also don't like spending too money for a 2-hr event..

shice

Wanqing, I'm also not willing to spend a few hundreds for the event.. look ard for those dyi decor.. cheaper..

ebearz, yup.. think preparing in advance will be good.. that's wat i'm gg to do also..

tlisa

Hi all,

I am also not willing to spend. I feel that its still quite ok without the flowers. It might be a little plain but i feel its still ok.

I will not be preparing anything beforehand. I just leave it to Pat. Being a fussy person I think I will be worried and all. Hence I might want to do everything myself. I dun want to be so stress that day so planning to leave it to the organiser. hahaa.

pinkdewy

Think I'll just leave it and not do any decor on my own.
I was a little amused by my FH cuz I showed him the nice of DeSign's ROM decor and he said to me shouldn't hv spent so much on my Olive Suite dress and spend the $ on decor.
But the truth is, the dress I can still wear for my future PS or recycle to others' wedding.
The decor, if I do it will make my heart even more ache.
No offence here but I feel really should spend that much on decor as AD more important.

shice

it depends..

for me.. i'm spending only $38 for my decor.. which i think it's worth it.. and i'll do it..
happy.gif

design

Hi Wanqing

I actually agree with you.The dress is more important then the decor.Thats because on that day all eyes will be on you. The decor the guest only take in for the first 5 min...after dat doesn't really matter liaoz.Most guest would notice and compliment you on the dress and not the decor
happy.gif

ebearz

so the basic decor actually consist the hanging drapes at the pavillion (facing the pool direction) and the silk flowers hanging from two pillars (facing the guests)? initially i thought this is only included if getting the $350 package..

btw, for the basic decor, what colour table cloth will they be using for the solemnization table?

pinkdewy

DeSign: Hope I don't offend you here. Actually it's up to individual and my budget don't allow me to have your kind of glamour *LOL*
Haiya... also cannot blame la. 8 yrs with him I only get 2 bouquets of flowers so far.
So I got no "feeling" abt flowers.
Poor me...

Shice: Can share what decor you DIY?

nitestarz

Actually, decor really makes a difference.. my guests liked them a lot, felt really like a garden wedding, even my solemniser said din expect the place could be so nice.

design

Wanqing: No I am not offended, dun worry. I dun find your words offending in any way
happy.gif
budget definitely is a key factor in the ROM and the AD. We also sacrifice some other areas to fit the budget.

Heh heh...just enjoy the day..sounds corny but actually what really matters is who is saying the vows with you on that day, the rest is.....
happy.gif

shice

Hi Wanqing,

I bought "second hand" decor from someone. Below is the example.. Think it will look nice at the venue.. not sure wat else to decor that would be significant..

495383.jpg
495384.jpg

shice

thanks!

think this is the only decor i'm gg to do.. the rest would be like ring pillows, posters, rose petals and so on.. table decor.. dunno what else i can do.. left only 2 weeks to my rom.. :S

hmm.. not sure where to get cheap and nice deco..

wtpoh

Hi Design,

can you share with me who should I contact to use Amara poolside as my ROM?

Alternatively, can someone send me the ROM package?

[email protected]

Pls help as I have received nothing from Amara since May 07. Thanks

design

Hi Alamak

You can try contacting Michelle from Amara events management.Just call the main line and tell them you are looking for her.

Package wise you better get directly from Amara. My package was based on rates from early this year and from what I understand they have already revised the prices.

shice

thanks ebearz!

yesterday morning rained.. mine's in the afternoon.. quite hot though.. was standing in the sun while we took our vows..

My coord was patricia.. she's nice..
happy.gif

Really, try to get the chocolate truffle for ur menu.. It's heavenly! but i only took 1 mouthful.. sob.. and i dun eat at all.. quite wasted that we still have to pay for our share..

ebearz

althought it may be hot, but it still be better than a rainny day.. =) yesterday morning has a heavy rain pour.. lucky you're not caught in it.. keke

how come you're standing in the sun while taking your vows? and not seated inside the pavilion?

my coordinator is patricia too.. the package i've choosen doesn't include the chocolate truffle.. too bad..

shice

yup.. better than rainy day..

coz my JP wan us to stand in front to take vows.. she dun believe in stand behind table.. haha..

my menu also dun include chocolate truffle one.. must request.. heh..

ebearz

icic.. your JP is Mrs Chia har? heard people mentioned that she will ask the couple to write their own vows..

when we signed the contract, we didn't ask for the chocolate truffle to be inside the menu, now still can request har?

shice

haha.. yah.. mrs chia.. we kinda got our own vows.. it's was very stressful.. really... trying to memorise the vows.. in the end we just read from the paper.. haha..

hmm.. should be able to request for chocolate truffle now.. in exchange for one of ur deserts of coz, as there's no extra charges one.. heh..

ebearz

haha... at least is a memorable moment being shared being two of you.. hee =)

okie, will take note about the tempting chocolate truffle.. keke..

pinkdewy

Do you mean is Chocolate Truffle Cake?
It's already on our menu.
Is it the same item you mean?
If yes, ah means Amara menu quite updated
happy.gif

shice

hi hi.. just had my rom at Amara on 07.07.07.. here's a pic of my deco (did by my friends) at Amara..
512054.jpg

Basically i just had some organza cloth with flower ribbons on the chairs along the ailse.. and 1 had ard 13m of organza wrap ard the 2 pillars in front and on top..

It provided a very different feel to the whole environment.. Just wanna say, it's not very worth it to top up $350 for additional decor when u can get ur friends to do up for u for less than $50 and within 30 mins..

monkie

hi shice
congrats to your ROM, may i know where u buy the decoration materials like organza cloth with flower ribbons?

shice

thanks... i bought the organza ribbon with flowers from another person in this forum..

Actually i dun mind selling the organza with flower ribbon (along the aisle) but i did not keep the organza that i used at the pavilion..

monkie

i am not looking for organza but i thought you bought them yourself.
i need to buy some wedding DIY materials so I thought you got any recommendations.

pinkdewy

Congrats Shice.
Did you get your own petals or provided by Amara?
Can share more pics of your hand bouquet?
Where did get it from and how much it costs you?Mine is 3pm next Fri. Anxious!

shice

cynthia, ic.. sorry, cant help much..

wanqing, i got the petals myself.. u can get roses from the market opp amara hotel that morning.. it's cheap.. then ask ur friends to peel off the petals for you.. =) hmm.. my hand bouquet is not really what i wanted it to be.. haha.. u can pm me.. i send u the link to see my rom photos..

chemie

I am having my rom in oct. when do i need to contact the hotel for the flower decoration and number of people attending?