Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel

Hi girls, how are your wedding coordinators so far? Has anyone held a holy matrimony at the hotel before? Was the ballroom or another room used?

This far, I don’t think their service is very good. Everything is via email- my coordinator does not seem willing to meet up unnecessarily. The scheduled food tasting wasn’t in a private room as what other hotels provide. It was in the usual dining area - and the restaurant service was poor. The food was alright, but service wasn’t good- perhaps short handled or whatever but not even Chinese tea was served for 20mins before we had to go out of the area to find a waiter to attend to us. We sat at the table for 20mins and no one attended to us. To add on, our coordinator did not even tell us the timing in the email for the food tasting till the day itself - when I had to call and email her to check. How can someone not put the timing, place/restaurant of food tasting, especially if the date is suggested by them? It’s just a mistake I cannot accept.
My coordinator is Denise and she has been quite prompt I feel. Haven reached the stage of food tasting so can’t really advise much. Maybe something happened that’s why they are busy?But I do hope everything will turn out well for you on the actual day!!!

Wp123

Hi!
I jus had my wedding and I do have some stuff to sell at very low cost to budget brides or diy brides:
1. Martell vsop x2 bottles unopened from box
2. Wedding reception decor items — rustic wooden box, wooden pegs LED Lights, decorative lights, bride n groom dolls to tie to car
3. Extra bottles of wine to sell at 18bucks
Please pm for more info. Happy to provide photos.

Wp123

My coordinator is Denise and she has been quite prompt I feel. Haven reached the stage of food tasting so can’t really advise much. Maybe something happened that’s why they are busy?But I do hope everything will turn out well for you on the actual day!!!
Denise is v v good!:) she helped me liase w the vendors!:) enjoy ur wedding.:)

Yan Jun

I’m holding mine on the 22nd of July! Btw! I tried the melting hearts dessert, it was really good! We’ve selected that as our dessert! :D
Tried to upload a picture of it but the file is too big

Hi girls! My husband and I have ZERO REGRETS holding our wedding with Marriott! The staff were professional and we were blessed with a smooth lunch banquet with no hiccups at all. Stella and team really made a difference. I wasn’t very involved with the movements that day as I was in hair and makeup most of the time, but my hubby said the team was pro-active. There were last minute requests from our JP and some guests, and we also forgot to download our 2nd march-in song, but all these were taken care of in a few seconds. We didn’t even have time to panic and it was settled.

The ballroom was decorated sooooo nicely and looked really posh. The food servers were all polite and hands-on.

Highly recommended to get melting hearts as your dessert, ALL our guests were raving about it and said it was easily the best wedding dessert of all time. Some even thought we ordered from an external Pâtisserie.

Felis

Hi Yan Jun,

Congratulations and Thank you for all the sharing of your wedding experience!

Appreciate if you can advise on the perks that we can lookout/ negotiate for!

Thanks in advance!=)))

Hi girls! My husband and I have ZERO REGRETS holding our wedding with Marriott! The staff were professional and we were blessed with a smooth lunch banquet with no hiccups at all. Stella and team really made a difference. I wasn’t very involved with the movements that day as I was in hair and makeup most of the time, but my hubby said the team was pro-active. There were last minute requests from our JP and some guests, and we also forgot to download our 2nd march-in song, but all these were taken care of in a few seconds. We didn’t even have time to panic and it was settled.

The ballroom was decorated sooooo nicely and looked really posh. The food servers were all polite and hands-on.

Highly recommended to get melting hearts as your dessert, ALL our guests were raving about it and said it was easily the best wedding dessert of all time. Some even thought we ordered from an external Pâtisserie.

elfgal

Hi, I am a DEC2010 BTB and i am looking at Marriott too. I am assigned to Mavis. Does anyone have any experience or feedback about her?

YT-

Really close to signing with Marriott for wedding lunch. Their planner threw in some perks which are really attractive.

Can’t seem to find recent reviews from couples who held their wedding there. Anyone?

Hi could u please PM me the additional perks that u received? Many thanks!!

b00em

Hi! Anybody able to share which additional perks you all bargained / nego for? I'm really lost and not sure what to look out for. Now currently deciding between Grand Hyatt and Tang Marriott for wedding lunch... Wonder if any had the same dilemma too? Would love to hear any comments / suggestions! Many many thanks in advance! Also, happy new year!

b00em

Really close to signing with Marriott for wedding lunch. Their planner threw in some perks which are really attractive.

Can’t seem to find recent reviews from couples who held their wedding there. Anyone?
hi! can let me know what additional perks they offered you ? thank you!

YT-

i tried to nego with both as well for lunch! but both told me their perks are fixed :/ if anyone had better luck pls share!

Winniebubor

Hi Yan Jun congrats on your wedding.

I'm kinda interested in signing with Mariott too. Do share with me what are the additional perks you have asked for/ been given please. Thank you!!!!

Chamomiletea

It's been a while since the last post. Anyone signed with or had their weddings at Marriott Tang Plaza? While the package is great, their attitude is not great (tardy replies), so we are hesitant in signing. Please share if you have similar experiences, thanks!

JMJW

Hi girls, how are your wedding coordinators so far? Has anyone held a holy matrimony at the hotel before? Was the ballroom or another room used?

This far, I don’t think their service is very good. Everything is via email- my coordinator does not seem willing to meet up unnecessarily. The scheduled food tasting wasn’t in a private room as what other hotels provide. It was in the usual dining area - and the restaurant service was poor. The food was alright, but service wasn’t good- perhaps short handled or whatever but not even Chinese tea was served for 20mins before we had to go out of the area to find a waiter to attend to us. We sat at the table for 20mins and no one attended to us. To add on, our coordinator did not even tell us the timing in the email for the food tasting till the day itself - when I had to call and email her to check. How can someone not put the timing, place/restaurant of food tasting, especially if the date is suggested by them? It’s just a mistake I cannot accept.

Hi, may I know who is your coordinator, as ours is Mavis. Anyone care to share some feedback with her service? And also can PM me the perks that you received? Tks!

Joedoe

Hi, may I know if your coordinator is Mavis?

Ed Serene YT

Met up with Mavis the last weekend :) She was friendly and perks shared was ok. anyone has experience with the hotel perks so far and how's Mavis as your coordinator?