Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel

ecarg1310

honeymoon... a.. if nothing goes wrong should be march
happy.gif

Mrs life not much diff for me. Cos' sometimes I go home, sometimes I stay with in-laws. Feels very uncomfy to stay with in-laws. But gotta handle this kinda life for about 2 yrs till my flat is ready. Just gotta be aware of my actions in front of in-laws lo. So I will make my bed every morning... which I don't do it when I am at home. LOL... must action action a bit.

ecarg1310

definitely... whr r u staying after marriage?

Planning to go USA. But thinking if we should go F&E or on a group tour.

have u been there? any advice?

precious_11

Will be stayin on our own.. though not technically not our house lah... hehe

Me and Htb are very lazy people... so i think F&E is very troublesome... a lot of planning required... so likely to find a package tour and maybe extend on our own for a couple of days..

Yes, i have been to US... admittedly, i think its quite easy to get ard on your own... jus need to plan lor.. and book all tickets and hotels beforehand.. coz its your honeymoon after all.. and im sure u dun wanna stay in some backpackers hostel..

Which part of the states do u want to go? I was there for work in Sept last year...
happy.gif
but spent most of my time travelling from city to city.. so not sure if i can offer any valuable advice..

topaz

hello! just like to check how's the food and the ambience of Marriott ballroom? planning 30 tables @ Mar 2010...

ecarg1310

Hi Cher,

Many thanks! I saw the email but I was too busy with the CNY, juggling between 2 houses... that I haven't got time to reply you.

Will be discussing with my hubby to see how we're going for our honeymoon!

Thanks, gal! Let me know if you need any advice for your wedding. Will try to help as much as I can
happy.gif

pooohy

hi cher,

been too busy to come online. Mine is on dec. Managed to get it finally.... so glad with their service so far....

precious_11

Good for you poohy
happy.gif

Just wondering - can they offer the "food tasting" table as a complimentary table if we dun want to go for food tasting?

sean_ng

Hi all,
I have the following items for sale from my wedding last Friday.
All items are brand new and only bought few days before my actual day.
Please send me an email at seanngyl@gmail for more details.

1) Martell VSOP, 70cl, duty paid, 8 bottles, $70 each

2) Berri Estates Cabernet Sauvignon, 75cl, duty paid, 22 bottles, $18 each

ecarg1310

hi bambi...

MUST HAVE - roasted pork belly, prawn salad, crispy chicken marinated with chinese rose wine & salt, stewed vermicilli with shredded duck meat, capsicums, bean sprouts and preserved vegetables, and my personal favourote - sweetened red bean cream with glutinous black sesame dumpling, lily bulb and lotus seeds.

These are my personal opinions
happy.gif

precious_11

hmm..i tot they had some quite nice favours..my coordinator showed me quite a few interesting ones when i signed up with them in Jan 09... unless they are out of stock liaos??

What choices were you given?

ecarg1310

Hi Joyce,

i took the yellow embroided bookmark and the heart shape hang-handphone thingy.

Personally I like the bookmark and the mandarin duck coaster. But hubby prefers the hang handphone thing.
happy.gif
You can top up money for more choices lo.

flowie

i was actually impressed by the nos of choices of wedding favours my coordinator showed me last dec oso...

when is ur AD?

doi_doi

i sign up last Dec... their items are pretty similar and normal as compared to other hotels... only the mandarin duck coaster is unique... cos only Marriott have

my BF went to Oriental and Grand Copthorne Waterfront...their wedding favours are so nice and big.. haa

ecarg1310

Based on my research last year, Oriental per table is much more costly than Marriott and their location is not as good as Marriott in my point of view.
happy.gif

Economy no good, people's ang bao shrink. so must choose venue carefully...
happy.gif

precious_11

Hi Grace..

Do you mind sharing what was the avg AB rate that you got for your AD recently?

Am actually very worried with the economy like that.. scared will lose alot alot ah... somemore mine is on a weekday alto its more ex coz its an auspicious day.. but people wont know lor..
sad.gif

ecarg1310

hey Cher!

glad to share with you. my colleagues are generous ppl coming with $100 each for most of them, except for clerical staff who came with like $80. I don't blame them cos' their income cannot be compared to the rest. I already find $100 generous. If your table is more than $1k, you sure lose le.

Relatives... they all give my dad face cos' my dad's their eldest brother. So I would say generally can earn a bit. Mum's side... my aunties are well known as stingy people. uncles are super close to me, just like friends so they gave me very big Angpow, really big, write cheque one! but you think of it, these relatives ang pow goes to my parents...
happy.gif
Considering this, u already lost all ur relatives' table upfront.

My hubby's side worst... his relatives all don't know market rate de. we have 5 in a family coming with $100 ang bao... we also have relatives coming without ang bao. Most of his colleagues & friends are not very 'generous'. Hubby's side total we got 13 tables... we lose 6 tables money. We also have nameless angbao with $20... can't match the names cos' many people din write their names. cant be helped. If u give a $20 angbao, will u write ur name???

Ultimately, I think it boils down who u invite. u will noe ur relatives/frens/colleagues the best. Judging from previous weddings u attend with ur colleagues, you'll likely know. many people feel that it's not to help u cover ur wedding expenses but it's just a tot. A tot that counts...

And u r right... many people don't know wedding tables are so costly. We heard people saying aiyah at most $800 only ma... give $88, they earn $8 can le. Ever since I started looking for wedding tables, I never attend weddings with less than $100 ang baos regardless how not-close I am to the bride/groom. Cos' I believe this kind of thing got karma de. My mum was telling me next time we just give back the same amt. If relatives come never give, next time we go also no need to give.

I really thank god I did not choose Oriental. We almost signed up with them at $1.3+k nett per table. I think if i did, I would have lost like $10k.

I mean not to scare u la. but be prepared...
happy.gif

precious_11

Thanks grace...i think my frens / colleagues will be quite market savvy.. so cross my fingers that most will give ard $80 to $100.... relatives is that one that is not within my control...esp my bf's side of relatives...

I know they are not obligated to help us cover the cost of the dinner.. just praying that we wont make too much losses..
happy.gif

Thanks for sharing ah.. so how is your honeymoon plans coming along? Now have very cheap tickets to San francisco on SQ...

ecarg1310

Hi Cher, don't mention it. Just giving u my point of view. Anyway, don't worry too much, just enjoy ur big day! Money spent can be earned back!
happy.gif

Ya, I saw the cheap tix to SFO on SQ... not much plans leh. Too busy, no time to plan. Might end up going on group tour... Probably extend if we want to.

hey did you all watch the news last week? apparently mariott is giving out free stays to couples who rom-ed on 14 feb.. donch have to sign up with them also... but i think its only valid for 1st 30 cpls..

the redemption is on this fri 20 feb during their wdg workshop.. not bad leh the workshop perks.. free flow of beer & 12 btls of hse wine for WD in 2009.. so better book fast if want to enjoy!
happy.gif

ecarg1310

hi eternity,

i held a cocktail reception in legacy suite. I had my ROM at the Pool Terrace Pavilion first, followed by a cocktail reception in legacy suite.

eternity82

hi grace,

i've saw yr pics on yr wedding site. hehe actually i thinking since the ballroom should be quite small, march in & toasting is it weird.

ecarg1310

hi eternity,

probably you can do table-to-table toasting instead of a group toast, since that legacy suite can only hold 5 - 6 tables I think.

For march-in, probably a L-shaped march-in, so you can have a longer march-in. Check w your coordinator, they will definitely be the best to advise.

Who's ur coordinator by the way?

eternity82

cher, thanks for informing, maybe i'll go on friday.

Grace, who's yr coordinator? i been corresponding with casmin thru email. is she good?

precious_11

Hi eTernity...

Casmin is my coordinator.. and she is very very nice..
happy.gif
very helpful too.. so no worries.. i think u will be in good hands..
happy.gif

precious_11

I think Marriott has a special package for those who are planning to sign up for their banquets in 09. Pls pm if interested in finding out more
happy.gif

ecarg1310

princesspig, u r here too...
happy.gif

Legacy suite - my photos are as of 4 Oct 2008.
happy.gif
They are available on my Multiply under Solemnization photos by family and friends.

ecarg1310

u wanna give me ur email contact? I recommend u my coordinator and ask her to send u a copy of the package?

u can PM me ur email addy
happy.gif