Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel

babiebreath

Hi annabella, i saw ur photos! really pretty!
haha..but i'm still trying to learn how to use multiply thou..

as for marriott, sigh..i'm getting abit dissapointed with them le..i hv been trying to secure a date 2 mths back, but am still on waiting list.. then there was a miscomm with the coordinator..initially i wanted to book a date for jan 2010, but the coordinator told mi that we'll hv to firm up the slot by paying a deposit..but since we are still on waitlist for the end of 2009, we tot no pt in firming up e jan date yet.. it was until recently that we r only left with 1 waitlist in 2009 (all along it was me who has to keep calling marriott to get an updated list of status, they never call to inform us)..we tot we shld mayb ask to book a tentatively date in jan 2010 esp since we r quite firm in confirming with marriott. however, when i call again, we were told tt the jan date has been book by someone else (n it's not even cfm thru a deposit)!! then the coordinator told mi that she tot i dun want jan le..the..if i dun want, i wouldn't hv been on the waitlist for so long rite..n most imptly, the cost in this case doesnt really matter, i juz want to fix a date!

sigh...i'm quite angry if u ask mi..n disappointed too..not sure if i shld still do with marriott..i mean i can jolly well ask for any other hotel if i want a jan 2010 date rite.. n i've quite some choices actually...the only thing holding mi back is i quite like marriott, but the date i like is not available.. if you were mi, which one is more impt, venue or date?

happycake

dear Chew, I have confirmed 40 tables as per the minimum requirement for weekend dinner. Quite surprised she gave us the food tasting too, as we did not request for it. But i mentioned once to her that my main concern is food. Cos hubby's family didn't want us to spend so much just because it is a hotel banquet when the food is less nicer than a restaurant. I believe is just a simple dinner and not the 9-course thing.

So far, i am really pleased with their flexibility.
happy.gif
I am easily contented i guess.. I was already satisfied with the original package and i did not bargain for a single thing. But still, she increased our parking coupons, invitations and food tasting to 10 persons. She also allowed me to change the dessert to something i like which wasnt in the menu.

hi babiebreath,
I believe it was really a miscom as u mentioned. But wad is the status for your dec date? Are u still in the wait list? For me, cos my wedding date is calculated by a geomancer, i have to go by the date. But if it isn't, i'll choose by venue. If u like the place, go for it! Who was the coordinator at that time?

hi annabella,
can u add me too? I am now doing my multiply page.. my id is thehappycakes.

Hihi,

any1 had their ROM or wedding at Marriott and care to show ya pics? I'm considering to hold it there too.. but still waiting for my FH to break the news to my parents first (he told his parents liao thou).. hehe..

Thanks in advance!

ecarg1310

anyone engaged Compass Entertainment services for their Marriott banquet? Understand that Marriott does a tie up with them. Any comments on them?

pinkpt

Hi Gals , jus wondering whether any other perks did the coordinator gave. R u having free corkage for wines brought in?

pinkpt

tats great. I'm planning to go down haha todae and if everything is in place -Bridal suite not ''disappointing''?? , ballroom not too old (my fiance said that the door was abit old) and perks given are reasonable (intending to have a weeekend wedding in later part of 2009),i'll probably sign up. Some hotels dun throw in this free corkage for wines and i really think it really adds up to the vaariable cost becoz most pple drink wines nowadays.

pinkpt

Yep they give free corkage of wines. I know why somebody said disappointing for the bridal suite. I think becoz the attached living room with dining table and sofa is abit smaller than some of the hotels i've seen.

happycake

I have not seen the bridal suite yet.. so sad. is it old old also?? but the sofa nvm lah, normally u only return to hotel to sleep.. btw, is the no. of tables negotiable? though they said 40 min. but i was thinking to reduce to 38 like that.

annabella

Hi Ladies,
The bridal suite is a junior suite. Personally, I'm alright with the room. We were a very happy couple with Marriott hotel. The whole team is very service oriented.

Hi Happycake,
Yrs a weekend event? I think for weekday event, they are able to compromise, not so sure abt weekend package.

pinkpt

I dun think u can reduce the no. of tables for weekend weddings next yr but maybe u can top up the final px so that its the cost of 40 tables.

ecarg1310

try doing 38+2. They might allow u to do so... i.e. the 2 is spare tables. Only if there is a need, then you open the table.

Actually it also depends on ur coordinator. My coordinator has been very accomodating and giving me the best she can give
happy.gif

happycake

Hi Annabella,
I did see the photos before, I think it doesn't look so bad. Most importantly is the overall service, which so far I am very happy with.
Is the food nice? My friend went there for dinner before but she said that the food is so-so..
Yup mine is a weekend wedding.

pinkpt,
You mean I can top up the price by maybe ordering more barrels of beer or something?

grace,
If I do 38+2 and end up only open 38 tables, will they still charge me for 40?
Who is your coordinator? Mine is Annabel. She is a very pleasant lady!

pinkpt

Yep i heard as long as the total u r paying is for 40 tables cost, so i guess u can top up for Beer, wine or other dinner related stuff.

mango0977

i have booked wedding luncheon with Martiott on 27 Sep 09...so far heard alot abt the good service from them....my coordinator was also quite flexible and gave some perks w/o us asking for it...so quite happy w them generally...

for ladies here who had their weddings there already - any comments on the food? cos not much comments here.

happycake

I only tried the food at Wan Hao, I wouldn't say it is very delicious as compared to some other banquets I've been to, but then the standard is still there.
However, what I had at Wan Hao is entirely different from banquet food, so I can't be sure also. But earllier posts I read ppl saying that the food is great though.

doi_doi

hi...casmin is my coordinator.... she pretty good...friendly and nice..will try to accommodate yr wishes...all the best..

happycake

Anyone has any idea what to do next after you booked the banquet?
For example, my wedding is one year away, so after booking the banquet what should come next and when?
Do I call up the coordinator or they will contact and remind us for the next appointment?

doi_doi

cher, 5th dec 2009. already booked...

happycake, i think 3 mths b4 yr wedding..they will call u for yr wedding card inserts... then 1 mth b4 is food tasting..

mango0977

i was catching up on the archived postings this morning! cos i haven come in for a while..for a while i thot the thread was removed! didnt realise the title of the thread was changed...hee.

Yeah, i v much agree w the comments posted on coordinator Ivah Ee! She is easy to talk and accommodating when we met her to find out more abt the package and during our negotiations with her..I think w her (or with other coordinators as well), we didnt have to do much hard bargaining cos whatever they can give, they wld already include in the contract without you havin to ask...

this was our experience with her...perhaps some other brides or BTBs here can attest to that as well
happy.gif

xiaojan

i juz had my wedding dinner at Marriott a couple of days ago. it was FANTASTIC! everything went smoothly, all thanks to the Marriott team!

We will like to say a big thanks to Goh, Suresh and their team. Special thanks to Honey as well, who were assigned to hold my long evening gown during the table-to-table toasting. It was so tough for her as she has to keep bending down for more than 1 hr. Not forgetting Annabel who has been so helpful throughout the planning.

Thumbs up to Marriott for the excellent food and service!

precious_11

I just met up with one of the wedding planners this afternoon - Casmin. Must say that i'm pretty impressed with her service.. and its service with a smile.. and can feel that they genuinely want their clients to have a "memorable" wedding.. hopefully all goes well.. *cross fingers and toes*..

ecarg1310

happycake, sorry for the late reply. Din check back here for some time. My coordinator is Annabel. Usually 38 + 2, means if u dun open the 2 tables, u will only be charged 38 tables. Check w her, she might be able to do it for u. Well, there's no harm asking anyway.

My wedding's in 18 days time. Update u all again.

Went for food tasting a few weeks back. I chose the more unique type of food (not so frequently seen in banquets), turned out good!!! I can fully trust them!

Personally held my ROM there with a 5 tables cocktail reception. Their service and food is really good, and I tell u, they take super good care of the groom and bride. Felt like some king and queen that day.

ecarg1310

will update all of u again after my wedding. I am sure everything will go well. Basically for Marriott, I feel that they will accord u everything they can with no questions asked.

If they cannot, they really tell you they cannot. They are not those stingy kind whereby if u asked for X, they say cannot. Then after u bargain sometime, they give it to u. I feel that like this very shuang kuai, u wan Y, they can do it, they say ok straight away.

precious_11

Hi all,

have just signed up with Marriott yesterday evening...
happy.gif
absolutely love their service.. and my coordinator - Casmin, is really really helpful...

pooohy

Hi all,

I am new to this thread and is considering Marriott for my wedding in dec. But suddenly the date that i wanted was out so got to make do with a weekday. Im still on the waitlist for the weekday so hopefully will be able to get it.

Hi cher, when is your date? in dec too right???

happycake

Hi grace (ecarg1310), today's your big day! Hope u have fun and have a good rest after all the wedding preparations!
Pls keep us updated!
happy.gif

ecarg1310

hi all! I am back! Wedding was fantastic. Our banquet manager is great! Attending to all our needs. We got stuck outside our hotel room when changing to EG, cos' my sisters brought up the wrong keys. Banquet manager rushed up to give us the correct one! All thanks to him! Really love my wedding at Marriott. And we started before 830pm on a Thursday. Many were impressed with this. This shows the importance of convenience... ppl can reach on time even though it's a weekday!

ecarg1310

It ended close to 11pm. This is because there was a little hiccup when I changed from EG 1 to EG 2. My sisters brought the wrong key up to the room... And called another sister to bring up another 2, they were still wrong... total 15 mins wasted while waiting. So took me 30 mins before I go down again... Haha...

precious_11

I see...so you were delayed for a while lah.. coz mine will also be on a weekeday.. and am hoping to start by abt 8pm - 8.15pm.. and end before 10.30pm.. so that my guests can go back earlier also..
happy.gif

ecarg1310

yep... u should be able to end by 1030... if i wasn't stuck, it wouldn't have ended so late. LOL. but tinking back it was quite funny...