Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel

ecarg1310

Wow! Nice to hear from you annabella.

I am looking forward to mine probably in end Nov/early Dec. By the way, do you have any rehearsal or something? Just wondering if I would need one.
happy.gif

What surprise arrangement you had?? Care to share?

ecarg1310

Hi Ling,

I will be holding my ROM at the pool terrace pavilion on 4 Oct. Probably I can share with you the pics after that
happy.gif

Meanwhile, if you cannot wait till 4 Oct, you can always contact any of the coordinators (mine is Annabel) to ask them when are they having the next ROM ceremony, and what time would be good for you to go and view their setup. This was what I did. Look at their setup, have a feel and know whether this is what you want and what you are looking for.

I've no doubts abt their food. Been to their wedding workshop, tried their food. Thumbs up!

annabella

Hi grace,

My AD is on 4 October 2008, but I'm having a weding lunch. Whe time yr ROM ceremony starts?

I haven't decide if I need a rehearsal before my AD. Probably will have one unless if I'm free. Right now, tied up by work and wedding preparation.

Annabel ordered a brithday cake for us. It caught us by surprise b'coz that day was my sis birthday. Very thoughtful of her....

lavend3rmist

Hi grace! is yours the ROM package whereby they will serve buffet at the pavilion? can share your pic after that? i asked annabel for sample pic of how the buffet line will be but sadly she doesnt have any.

ecarg1310

Hi annabella,

Wow, really sweet of Annabel to do that.
happy.gif

Such a coincidence. Your AD and my ROM falls on the same day. The ceremony starts at 6pm (Pool Terrace Pavilion). Hee.

Maybe got chance to catch you there because I will check into their hotel room at about 2pm, but I have requested for early check-in.

Did you opt for any theme for your wedding lunch?

ecarg1310

hi lavend3rmist,

I am holding a cocktail reception after my ceremony. I have requested for food to be served in a function room. This means to say that I will hold my ceremony at the pool terrace pavilion, after which take some photos and all of my guests will proceed to a function room on Level 2, where the cocktail reception is.

Cocktail reception includes butler style as well as buffet station. I will be drawing how I want Annabel to set up my Function Room and seek her comments/advice/approval.

I have decided not to serve food at the pavilion as Singapore weather is unpredictable, either rain, else too hot and humid. I want my guests to be comfortable. 30 mins ROM ceremony should be enough to enjoy the breeze (if any). Hee. So i secured a function room before hand~

lavend3rmist

i considered about the weather too, but decided to go ahead, take the risk and host everything in the pavilion and pool grill. Haha! *fingers crossed* In any case, i'll still have the function room block out as my wet weather plan.

i had a function where we had a sit-down lunch at the pavilion, the ambience was perfect! Btw, urs is also the western menu rite?

seems hard to find anyone holding the entire luncheon at the pool grill. i'm still trying to look for sample pics.. =(

annabella

Hi grace,

Yes, I have a theme in mind, should be meeting annabel next week to discuss abt it. Are u the grace from Sophia Wedding house? R u in my multiply?

ecarg1310

Hi annabella,

I am not from Sophia Wedding House. Eh, my multiply nick is gracekelvin. Hee... what's your nick?

Which theme u using?

penguinna

hihi ....

just wanna check.....will there be a difference with the food in dinner and lunch? as i realised for wedding lunch, marriott being a reputable hotel in the orchard area, has a pretty lower cost for the wedding lunch package...

HTB is concerned and finds it dubious....but I love its ballroom!!! how?? must convince him !!!

ykls

hi fea, I have a wedding lunch also, it is not much lower cost because a lot of things have to pay like to get the dinner themes, food tasting, wedding favors etc.. Most wedding lunch do give free flow of beer but Marriott do not thus if you add up all I feel that the cost is about the same as a weekday evening or slightly more but the perk is that your minimum number of tables is less. Tell your HTB it is not dubious because in the end not very cheap also
happy.gif
The service and food is the same good quality. I sign also because I love the ballroom and do not want weekday evenings since the date I want for weekend evening is taken.

sleeping91

Hi every1,
which theme has u all choosen? Pure bliss, golden glow or sweet surrender?..

i cannot decide leh....pure bliss seems too "white" , then golden glow like not realli have the "wow" feeling.

any advise?

praisey

try sweet surrender then. golden glow is bad for photography, too dark. depends on your dress too.. you wanna contrast it.

ecarg1310

i will take sweet surrender for sure. Can dress either in red/pink/maroon to blend in and look good! Or can have high contrast colours, like turquoise, silver, champagne gold, purple to stand out!

the other 2 themes I find them a little plain for photography, unless you really have very nice gowns to add the WOW factor!

sleeping91

Hi grace,
when is your wedding held? i havent seen the sweet surrender theme as yet. Heard from my coordinator that pure bliss is quite popular though.

Will the sweet surrender be too red?

ecarg1310

Hi Yan zi,

my wedding will be on Jan 09.

Erm... u can go to marriott's website, they have the photos of the themes posted there.

Sweet surrender is a mixture of red and pink. I think elderly will be happy. Pure bliss is very white (elderly may be a lil pantang), but you can play with their backdrop lights to change to other colours. Golden Glow is mostly gold and white.

babyiguana

On hand right now I only have the fotos of the stage.. Btw, for those who had chosen Marriott, I highly recommend the dessert, Love Is Sweet.. My guests enjoyed it alot and its very unique.. =)
These are some fotos taken after the dinner on the layout..
My advice on the layout theme is that.. try not to have your evening gown same colour as the theme's table cloth.. That was what my friends highlighted to me.. And try to have the theme suitable to what you will be wearing.. As I wanted my wedding to be more dreamy.. therefore I chose pure bliss.. =)
My co-ordinator, Ivah had also done a great job!!
2 thumbs up for Marriott!! =)
771219.jpg

771220.jpg

771221.jpg

missybrooklynn

are the ceiling high? i personally prefer those high ceiling and long aisle so i can match in longer. hahahah :D
also, they can accomodate max of 55 tables ah?

fruitypeach

Hi all,

I am deciding between Marriott and Swissotel Merchant Court, which would be better?

I have friends telling me that the Marriott ballroom is quite small. For 40 tables, is it really the case? Will it make my ballroom look cramped?

babyiguana

Hi fruitypeach,
Not really true. Coz I had 50tables for my wedding.. Everything looks fine to me.. =)

Hi Missbrooklynn,
To me, i feel the ceiling quite high.. As for the max # of tables, if i remembered correctly, should be 55 tables.. =)

babyiguana

Hi babiebreath,
You can view the fotos which i had attached in the forum.

Hi missbrooklyn,
Hmm.. how long?? It's difficult to explain but im fine the aisle.. the banquet managers were superb! they follow closely on our instructions on the march in music.. I would advise you go and take a look at the ballroom.. =)

happycake

Hi boo boo,
The 2009 Sept – Dec package for Mon to Thurs wedding dinner is 838++ or 878++ per table.
Weekends at 1028++ or 1068++ per table.
They are not open for 2010 bookings yet, but if you book now for 2010, they are offering 1068++ per table for weekends.

I have decided on Marriott for my banquet venue.
I would agree with everyone here that Annabel is really the best coordinator I met among all!

yhjl

Hi, anyone managed to get complimentary food-tasting for lunch banquet? Or an extra night's stay in the Jr Suite? Is the Jr Suite big/nice? Someone posted before that was disappointing? Any comments?

annabella

Hi Chew,
I didn't have complimentary food tasting, I pay for the food tasting at a special price. No extra night stay too. However, I don't think it's necessary to stay one more night. Our lunch ended at 4plus, we took a short rest before we stroll down orchard rd for our dinner. There's nothing much to do too. But we requested for late checkout on the following day. There's plenty of rest time and we were glad that we didn't extend for 1 more night.

Personally, I think the Jr suite is alright.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with Marriott services. Million thanks to my co-coordinator (Annabel) and banquet manager (Suresh) for making the event a memorable and success.

yhjl

Hi Annabella, many thanks for your reply. Was urs a luch or dinner? How much did they charge u for the food tasting? U see, I need an extra night's stay cos my husband is gonna 'collect' me straight from the hotel.. everything is done at the hotel to minimize hassle..
sad.gif
what time did u chk in into the hotel for your lunch banquet?

ecarg1310

Annabella, ur coordinator is Annabel too? She's sweet! She did a fantastic job on my ROM and really surprised me with what she actually did for me. Thumbs up!!!

Looking forward to my wedding banquet in Jan with her as well.

happycake

My banquet is in next yr end, really a close shave cos I was in the waiting list and most hotels were already unavailable.
Now everything’s finally confirmed at Marriott.
Really gd news to me ..
Does anyone knows how much is the hotel room per night? (Just the normal standard room for our coordinators).

happycake

hi joyce, I was first in que previously... Luckily we reminded Annabel to "chase" the couple in front for an answer! My hubby and i are invited to dine in at Wan Hao restaurant next week to try the food before we sign the package. Hope everything is good!

Good luck to u too! What is the date you looking at?

babiebreath

hi all,
i hv also more or less decided on marriott as my wedding banquet venue...however, recently it seems pretty hard to get in touch with the coordinator..started to wonder if my decision is correct..

btw, anyone has any photos to share? hee..btw, is it a must to set up a multiply a/c to see the photos you gals had posted?

ecarg1310

hi annabella,

my multiply nick is gracekelvin. Yes... I am on your multiply le... so you would be able to view my ROM photos le.
happy.gif

annabella

Hi grace,
I'll try to post my photos asap. But my photographer didn't do a good job even though I have reminded him times and again to take some shots of the ballroom setup, I only have a few shots,very sad. Now, I'm waiting for my videographer on the wideo, hopefully he managed to capture everything.

Hi babiebreath,
Yup, you'll need to register for an account and invite us before you get to view our photos.

Hi Chiew,
Mine is a luncheon event. I pay $288++ for my food tasting(if i rem correctly). Marriott will provide all rooms at 30% discount to wedding couple. So you may stay at a deluxe room on yr wedding eve and change to the suite on yr AD (if you can't get 2 night stay at suite). I check in at ard 10.15am.

Hi happycake,
wow.. so nice, got free food tasting.

yhjl

Thanks Annabella, how many tables did you've?

Happycake, how many tables are you having? Lunch/dinner? Woah how come so gd can go for food tasting before you sign the package? u must have a big banquet!

yhjl

anyone going to the wedding show on sat? i wanna go for it but seems like there arent perks for lunch so not going anymore.

im going to sign with marriott for my wedding lunch next yr! really happy! casmin is really service-oriented! thumb-ups!

annabella

Hi chew,
I have 26 tables. you can still go for the wedding show, you can view the different themes setup,...

Hi babiebreath,
I have just invited you.