Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel

ecarg1310

Hi xiaojan,

Don't mention. I can tell you it's worth while investing some money in Marriott
happy.gif

Personally I like it very much due to the location. At Orchard, quite got face leh~ Haha

monkie

i do agree with Grace, that its worth "investing"
most guest will not remember what gowns you wear but they will remember where u have your hotel, the decorations and food.

so far..really thumbs up to Marriott!

xiaojan

i oso like marriott's location and the ballroom so we signed up with them! my only complain is that their themes are very limited

ecarg1310

Hi xiaojan,

actually themes wise, people will not really remember.

Like what Cynthia mentioned, usually people walk out will comment on the food, definitely! Most prob for Marriott, they will say it's good cos' the location is super good. And I have tried their food at the wedding workshop. Thumbs up!

monkie

one more thing - service!
my guests complain air con too cold and they give them windbreakers. i thought they are going to bill us, but they gave us free.

sometimes too complicated themes will outshine the couple..not good also.

ecarg1310

Hi xiaojan,

I've no idea when they will contact. If I did not remember wrongly, it's like 1 mths before to confirm the tables and maybe choice/colour of flowers and themes etc. Maybe 3 mths before they will call you for food tasting?

For me, I am super KS. My ROM is in Oct, I have collected my invitation cards yesterday. Want to be settled with the printing first although we're only distributing in Sep. I am the one always contacting my coordinator. I think she may be fan2 by me too. Haha.

But I have no choice cos' I might be outstationed from Aug to Nov. As this cannot be confirmed till end Jul I guess, so I have to do as much first. If I am outstationed, I will only fly back for the ceremony and fly back to work again. Thus, I don't want to leave my hubby with too much to do on his own. Thus, I am being very KS here. Preparing everything that I could do beforehand.

Now, I am concerned with my ROM favours. Have not gotten an idea what should I do.

babyiguana

Hi Ladies,
I chose Pure Bliss for my theme for my wedding on this coming saturday... keke..

Hi Xiaojan,
The co-ordinator will contact you in about 2weeks to 1 month frm your actual to confirm on the # of tables, choose wedding favours, theme, wedding cake etc.. =) Their service is very very good.. My co-ordinator is Ivah Ee.. You can ask for her.. very friendly and can realli click very well with her too!! When you sign during their show, sometimes you can ask for printing of cards (which is the inserts by li'art)

Cheers!

babyiguana

Hi Pinkie Cloud,
It depends on when are you holding your wedding.. In 2008 or 2009.
Different month different price..
I think it is beter for you to approach the hotel for exaxt price for the month you want..

ecarg1310

Hi BBIguana,

Enjoy ur wedding this Saturday! Congrats! Do update us more on the service and food!!!

Hi pinkie cloud,

Yes, different month of the year, different price. Please check with wedding coordinators of Marriott. My coordinator is Annabel. She's also very friendly and my FH and I can click very well with her too.
happy.gif

vertigom

Hi BBIguana,

Congrats on your wedding this saturday. I'm also interested to know more about their service and food as I am considering signing up with Marriott soon! I might even drop by this saturday to see the "Pure Bliss" theme
happy.gif

babyiguana

Hi Vertigo,
Who is your co-ordinator??
Btw, maybe the theme you looking at will be my wedding.. keke..

Hi Grace,
Thanks.. =)

Hi all,
I had attended two wedding in Marriott... Their service is very good.. Food also not bad.. more then enouf for the guests.. And as for the service, one waiter one table.. so its quite personalise.. =)

vertigom

Our co-ordinator is Ivah.
Yup, I'll drop by to take a look at your wedding theme this Saturday
happy.gif

The food is only 'not bad'? Hmm.. how does it compare to other hotels on Orchard, such as Hilton? We're also considering Hilton for our venue.

babyiguana

Hi Vertigo,

My co-ordinator is also Ivah.. She is a very helpful and patient lady.. =)
My last wedding attended at Marriott was about a year ago.. where i find the portion is more then enouf.. Very big filling..'Not bad' means no complaints from guests.. Everyone was very happy with the food.. =) Personally, i like their food.. got the 'cantonese' style.. keke..

ecarg1310

BBIguana,hope u had a great wedding!!! Do update us on the food n service at Marriott.last night i was there to confirm my solemnization set up
happy.gif
so fun!! So happy tat they had my the color theme i want hee

babyiguana

Hi all,

Wow!!! finally it's over!!!
Well.. there were all good feedback on Marriott by my guests..
They had all commended that the food and service is very very good!! My hubby and I also do agree that their service is superb!! The banquet managers were really very up to our standard and more then we expect!! :D

ecarg1310

BBIguana... do you happen to know Lay Cheng? I read her blog and seems that she attended a wedding at Marriott on Sat. Just wondering if it was your wedding she attended.

Hee. Many thanks for the update. Nothing to worry now! When are your wedding photos out? Maybe can share?

praisey

had my wedding at rom at marriott. guests commented the soup (fish and apple) and the spareribs and the yam paste is superb. I was very impressed by the banquet manager - Goh, who was super attentive and keep offering the honey drink to make sure we are not drunk. also kudos to annabel, the co-ordinator.

babyiguana

Hi Grace,
Yup yup.. Lay Cheng is my poly coursemate.. keke.. Her table had enjoyed themselves on that night..

Before both our march-in, the staff from Marriott served us honey drink.. so sweet rite?? =)

cluelessj

Hi

We are looking to book Marriott for a lunch wedding in July next year - great to hear all the good feedback. The thing that bothers me is - my co-ordinator (Annabel Loh) havent been mentioned at all in the forum. As we are located overseas, we really need someone good to help us manage stuff... I see names like Ivah and Charlene.. but no Annabel..:p Anyone has any feedback? Thanks!

ecarg1310

Hi Jo!

Annabel is my coordinator! She's a fabulous lady! Attending to all my urgent requests. Urgent because I will be outstationed soon and this was a last min decision by my boss. Then I will only fly back for my ROM and fly back to work again. I told her about it and she sat down and confirmed everything for my ROM for me. Very nice of her to put me in priority first due to urgency!

She's really a sweet lady. She does try to make everything possible for me
happy.gif
You'll enjoy your experience with her and you're definitely in good hands!

annabella

Hi Jo,

My co-ordinator is Annabel too.. My lunch wedding is coming October.. Very comfortable with her taking care of my event. sweet and understanding lady....

j3nson

Hi Praisey,

Just wanna ask your ROM with Marriott @ the poolside; were there any 'rooms' by the pool where guests can choose to either stand & mingle or move into the 'rooms' and sit while having their food?

Does expressivelyjoho.com do wedding montage?

Thanks!~

praisey

jenson: no rooms at poolside. Only room is the toilet! they serve finger food if you want, chargeable. If rain, then all shift to function room, but still chargeable.

Wedding montage as in slideshow you play for guests to show your childhood pics, or u mean morning express highlights, i.e. pics taken in the morning during gatecrash, then he go back and do up a slideshow to show the guests during dinner banquet? I believe he does the latter. Slidehow can be done using movie maker.

j3nson

ahh...bummer...tks for e reply Praisey.

Hmmm ok, 'coz we're looking for someone to do e montage i.e. childhood pics etc. ^^

margiel

Hello ladies
happy.gif

I had my small wedding dinner on 14 July at their Legacy Suite, have to say every staffs are very helpful and thoughtful! My coordinators were Charlene and Casmin, as we are living in overseas, hence most time we can only communicate thru emails and bcos of the distance, both Charlene n Casmin are very accomodative to our last minute special requests here n there, thumbs up for them as well as their wonderful team who gathered time with our gifts preparations few days before. We had good time on that evening
happy.gif

Good luck to all marriott brides to be
happy.gif
You are defintely in safe and good hands with Marriott staffs. Have fun n Enjoy!

margiel

Hi Jenson,
I DIY our wedding montage (3 slideshows). Not that difficult, can use Windows Movie Maker to do it, very user friendly for a layman like me. Took about 2-3days to do it (put up pics, songs and final refine it). You can give it a try if you have the time
happy.gif

dsenaputra

Hi Ladies,
Any other positive comments about Marriot?
I just went there last week and saw the bridal suite. It was rather dissapointing.

annabella

Hi Diana,

oh... I have never seen the bridal suite before. anyway that's not much of a concern to me.

Sorry, can't comment much till after my wedding in oct.

flowie

hi everyone,

i'm wondering did anyone ever request to have more flowers decor in the ballroom... does anyone know how is the charges like?

annabella

Hi Flowie,

I think they have this additional package that cost $688++ (if i rem correctly). It's better you check out with yr co-ordinator.

doi_doi

hi

when u wanna book marriott for yr wedding banquet.. u can discuss the details with them and ask to upgrade your suite right?

i intend to hold my wedding lunch next year...

flowie

Hi Joyce,

it's good to bring up all your concerns to the co-ordinator during the discussion... as different couple have different concerns... therefore the co-ordinator will also try to compromise a suitable package to individual couples...

densgbrides

Hi All,

My Marriott dinner banquet is next year, and my coordinator is Casmin. I just want assure anyone considering Marriott that their service is splendid! Me and my fiancé has always placed service as our priority..even more so for our wedding since we want to enjoy the process and don’t want any hiccups to spoilt our beautiful memories. I actually shortlisted down to Marriott and Fullerton. But eventually decided on Marriott mainly because of my coordinator Casmin! Unlike most other hotels where the coordinators’ attitude are “this is what we have”, Casmin attitude was “let me know what is your areas of concern, I try my best to address them accordingly”. She is really accommodating and cheerful. No matter how many questions I pester her with, she is always so patient and pleasant.

Thumbs up for CASMIN!!!

underdogs

agree with many forumers here. my Marriott wedding experience was out of this world.

I got married in May this year and till now, my wife and me still look back fondly at our wedding experience. it was simply magical and kudos to annabel and goh (the banquet manager) for making it happen!

chowjin

Hi all,

After reading all the good feedbacks, I am really interested in Marriott as a choice for my wedding banquet 2009. Would just like to know if anybody had Ivah Ee as your coordinator?

blurrz

i have shortlisted marriott as one of the venue... icos i will be having a small wedding lunch, rom with ad together, thus i cannot decide to have a poolside rom with buffet or inside the legacy suite with sit down lunch... anyone can feedback to me? any pics to share with me?

thanks...

lavend3rmist

Ling, i just signed my contract with marriot as well. I'm doing away with the banquet on AD, its just not our style. Will be having a buffet (western menu) and ROM entirely at the pool grill cafe and pool pavilion. The price cost more that having a sit down chinese lunch.

what's the no. of pax you intending to invite? You can contact annabelle, she will be able to come out with some suggestions and customised package for you to consider.

annabella

Hi All,

I just had my food tasting tonight. Thumbs up for the food and service. Many thanks to annabel for the surprise arrangement. The whole family are happily chit chatting whilst enjoying the food throughout the session. My mummy loves the deep fried fish and finish every bit of it. My daddy keeps saying food is nice whlist on the way home. As a host, both my husband and me are very happy that everyone have enjoyed themselves tonight.
happy.gif
happy.gif

Looking forward to my lunch event early next month.