Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel

simplebridetobe

Hi Margeil,

You are a smart girl, Margeil. Yes, my AD clash with F1!!!

N no, I havent found a BS yet!!! How much did you pay for your gown from Allure Charix?? N how much the BS tried to charge you for rental of gown?? The gown you have got from Allure Charix is Wedding Gown or Evening Gown? Which BS did you go to for your PS??

Pls share more with me...I am starting to get cold feet at the amt of work that needs to be done.....
sad.gif

If you like, you can email me @[email protected].

Thanks for all your sharing n support! Really glad to meet you here!
happy.gif

margiel

Hi Carol
No worries. Rather busy lately and out almost whole day catching up with people and running errands, will email you to share more info
happy.gif

Btw i went to Bridal Zone for PS and the gown i got from AC can be a WG or EG, it is currently worn on the mannequin in the shop. I will give u more details of the rental of gown from BS and buying a gown from AC via email.
Oh so ur date clashes!! Interesting to know too hehee... Does Marriot qoute you higher bcos of that period? Just curious to know ;p

kai9

Hi,

Have anyone booked Marriott for 2009 yet?

Seem that lots of hotels have not open the 2009 booking windows yet...

Any BTB getting married next yr SEP/OCT/NOV?

simplebridetobe

Hi Margei,

I have changed my dates to avoid F1!!! hahaha, still lost to fast cars in the end. Marriot can't take anything more than 90 but less than 150 guests, so in the end i can't take Marriot.

Now is time to go gown hunting....wish me luck girl!
happy.gif

margiel

Hey Carol hahaa F1 Formula cars are more powerful rite!!
happy.gif

Okie so I wont be seeing u here liao ;) Anyway good luck for your gown and venue hunting. Cheers!

simplebridetobe

Hi Margiel,

Yup, in the end I wave the white flag in the face of tough competition from F1 hahaha.
happy.gif

Did you sent me an email? I think I accidentally deleted it before I can reply! So sorry, do you mind resending it to me again? I roughly remembered wat you mentioned in your email with regard to your PS package & gown from AC. Looks like its actually cheaper to buy than rent a WG from BS! Your AC's WG is MTM or OTR?

Did you shop around for your gown? why chose AC in the end? Did you consider empire or olive suite or d'sire before you decide on AC? Can share your experience? If you don't mind, can send me a pic of your WG?
happy.gif

We can still keep in contact with each other, rite? even though we are not holding banquet in same hotel???
happy.gif

My email is [email protected]
happy.gif

ykls

hi all, I have just view the actual themes for lunch and must say even their lunch theme is good
happy.gif
So if you are thinking of not topping up it is also all right but my HTB like pure bliss so we waited till 6 to see the actual theme with someone dinner tonight. It is very nice too! Hmm guess should fix on marriot le will discuss contract for next stage. Was also impressed by the banquet manager very nice to intro to us.

Hi carol, no problem the food is great my sis hold hers there last time. Its by Wan Hao restaurant not by banquet caterers. I am also initally thinking of holding it small but in the end it grew so is taking the ballroom. I think you should check if you will exceed better take bigger room because the suite have a max number they can hold then cannot add more tables.

Btw, is anybody looking at using livestudios? Is thinking of using them since Marriott also tie up with them.

simplebridetobe

Hi Y Kim,

Thanks for sharing. But i can't take the ballroom cos not enough tables, I only have max 10 but the min is 15. So have to check out other hotels. But the marriot side has been nice and efficient so far, wat a pity cos i would prefer to work with their co-ordinator if given a choice.

All the best for your wedding planning!
happy.gif

ykls

hi carol, no worries
happy.gif
try mandarin oriental and fullerton straits room I was looking at these when I have small numbe of tables. Cosy and nice. All the best for your wedding planning too!

margiel

Hi Carol, got my dental treatment done today
happy.gif
Not too bad, okie hope we still continue our emailing. Wishing u al the best for your next venue hunting!

Hi Y Kim, nice meeting u here. How many tables are u having with Marriott and when is your dinner? Also all the best for your wedding planning!
happy.gif

simplebridetobe

Thank you, Margiel!

Enjoy your wedding preparation ya! Keep in touch!
happy.gif

Hi Y Kim, thanks for your recommendations. Can check where you get your WG & EG from? n roughly how much?

mrs_ho_to_be

Hi All,
Good to read all the +ve reviews about Marriott here.

I will be signing up with Marriott this week as my HTB and I are extremely happy with the deal and Charlene from Marriott was great and accomodating.

Cheers

hyu_

Ya, I met Charlene once and i find her a really nice and sweet lady.

Anyway, Marriott has new embroidered wedding favours from Shevron. The red "xi" coaster with the mandarin ducks are really pretty! They have embroidered bookmarks too! Think you will have more options Mindy!

Enjoy planning your wedding! =)

kitty_princess

anyone knows if the pricing is going to increase for 2009 lunch banquet? thx!! as i know the booking for 3rd quarter of 2009 has not started yet...

ykls

hi carol, so late then see your message hope its still in time. My WG and EG by my bridal studio FB. I sign up for the package around 3k+. If you interested in the details can PM me.

hi annabella/praisey/all, can check with you all for the lunch package with marriott do you all need to pay for food tasting so shock because not expecting that? My coord say have to pay. Thank you.

margiel

Hi Y Kim
There's no food tasting in our package. But bcos we stay overseas so it doesnt really matter, moreover heard from lots of ppl saying that their food is good. So how much do you have to pay for the food tasting? Isit the same price as you are paying for each table?

annabella

Hi YKLS,

Yup. I pay for the food tasting. It's half price for 10 persons. Not all hotels have free food tasting for luncheon as far as I have checked out.

ykls

hi margiel, oic they are charging $40-50plus per head. Thank you.

hi annabella, are you paying the same price? Thank you.

annabella

Hi YKLS,

I have 20 plus tables from my side, haven't include my husband side. Which is prob why I got a good price for my food tasting.

roomfulofstars

Anyone has more feedback regarding the food at Marriott?

And their latest packages? Not sure if the website one is updated.

Pics of their ballroom? What is it like? High ceilings? Pillars?

Thanks!
happy.gif

hamdy

does anybody know why marriot have such a BIG increase for their dinner package for 2009? i wonder if i sign up with them now, i can get 2008 for my 2009 wedding

simplebridetobe

Hi,

Most hotels charge their New 2009 Package prices for wedding dinners held after March 2009.

However, I heard some hotels start their new 2009 packages prices in Sept/Oct 2008. Think you should double-check with Marriot's co-ordinator to confirm, no use worrying by yourself.

hamdy

ya but the increase is like alot...cos i have most hotels' packages..most just did an increase of $50 per table.

ecarg1310

Hi Hamdy,

I took the Jan 09 package and paid the 2009 price. They gave me the flexibility to choose from 2008 menu or 2009 menu.

The thing about Marriott is you realise that their price states FROM S$xxx++ onwards. Different months they have different pricing. This is unlike many hotels, they tell you S$xxx++ per table of 10 persons, throughout the year, it will be this price. Thus, you said the big increase of $150. It actually did not increase so much, maybe about $20 - $50 per table if let's say you compare Jan 08 and Jan 09 price.

If I did not remember wrongly, the price on their little wedding booklet says weekdays from $748++ onwards. But different months they charge different prices.

melodywed

Dear all,
Anyone of you attended Marriott's wedding before and can share on how is the fanfare for the first dish to be served? do they have alot of 'pattern'? or simple serving? I will like to know this information so as to choose my first March-In music for my wedding. Thanks all.

dreamscape

Do they do dinner for only 20 tables? The webby states min 40 for Sat dinner and max 9 tables for clse knitted dinner.

Thanks gals!

ecarg1310

I took a package of min. 20 tables on a Thursday night with 'no wishes' granted. If you have seen the Marriott wedding package, you will know what the 'wishes' are e.g. complimentary bottle of red wine on every table, complimentary printing of invitation cards etc.

Dreammy, you can always try to contact them to see what they say
happy.gif
You never know they might allow it on a weekend.

dreamscape

Hi grace,

I checked with them already. They say they don't have any rooms suitable for tables of 20. They have a small room for the close knitted and ballroom for min 40 on Sat. I guess you will be taking the ballroom. Maybe yours is on weekday so they allow at a min of 20. Lucky you!!
happy.gif

ecarg1310

Hi dreammy,

Yup, they did not allow me at first even on a weekday! They rejected me flat when I called them.

Then I went down to book the Poolside for my ROM. I asked my coordinator again. Told her to help me check with her manager if it's ok. If not, the next day I will go and sign with Oriental, which was really the case. I was just trying my luck at the moment, anyway we had our minds fixed on Oriental already, even made the appt to go place the deposit.

Who knows she came back and told us ok, she'll let us have the ballroom. Weet! Super happy! Over the blue moon, then waited for them to draft the agreement etc. Initially, we could get the 'wishes'. It was on the day that we went to place the deposit that they told us that their manager could not give us any of the 'wishes' unless we can guarantee them min. 25 tables. That's how I got it. You might want to try and go down and talk to them if you're really keen.

babyiguana

Hey gals,
I was talking with my co-ordinator from Marriott that they MITE be increasing price again for 2009.. So... Juz some updates..
I had signed up with Marriott since last yr for this yr.. hehe.. abit kaisu..=p
Their service is very gd.. follow up very closely.. My co-ordinator is Ivah Ee.. She is very friendly and helpful.. Love her service!! =)

ecarg1310

Hi BBIguana,

Once you sign the package, it will be based on the price that you signed the confirmation, right? Thus, regardless of how much they increase, we'll still pay for the price we agreed upon during signing of confirmation. Yes,No?

babyiguana

Hi Grace,
YES!! =)

Hi all,
I would like to share my experience with Marriott.. I have a very gd co-ordinator.. Very happy with her service.
As for the ballroom, i would like to highlight to those who are like me, having >50tables.. :S
As i had been to weddings in Marriott, and had seen, for the 1st 2 tables in front of the screen, i would advise to put as spare tables.. As they are very near to stage and the screen as well.. cant realli see.. =) I'm not sure whether should or can i put the table arrangements in this forum, but when you have abt >48 tables, when u see the layout, you will get wat i meant.. =)

chris_tien

Hi all,
I've got to sign up a hotel soon by July yet have to decide where. I like Marriott, though kind of ex? Or is it now all the same pricing? One big factor for Marriott is Ivah, she's very nice. She did my solemnise too.
I've got friends telling me to go Novotel because cheap, but have yet to check out the place.
So kind of confusing now, I think I'll like Marriott, yet afriad people not 'auto' in angbao. Shang nao jing.

ecarg1310

Hi Khai Ying,

I guess you should not be afraid about the angbao part. In any case, it's your wedding. Hold it at some place that you and your partner like and will not have any regrets. This beats everything else.

As for angbao, you really gotta see the crowd you are inviting. Only you will know whether your guests are 'auto' or not. I am not expecting to earn, but my main aim is to minimize losses. And I can tell you when it comes to angbao, a lot of people based it on 1) location, 2) relationship with you or your partner.

You'll not regret choosing Marriott.
happy.gif
Do think carefully.

babyiguana

Hi Khai Ying,

I agree with Grace.. =) I also aiming to minimise my losses..
I also like Ivah alot as she is my wedding co-ordinator.. Can click with her soo well!! keke.. She also very cute!! :p
Btw, heard frm Ivah that prices are increasing for next year.. when is your wedding??

ecarg1310

Hi xiaojan,

They have Golden Glow (Gold theme), Pure Bliss (White theme), Sweet Surrender (Pink & Red) theme. For pictures, you can view my website www.gravin.weddingannouncer.com or email me and I can send you those that I took. Those uploaded on my website are taken from Marriott's website.
happy.gif

xiaojan

hi princessxiaomei and grace! thanks for the replies!

they have only 3 themes for 2008? that time when i signed with alicia (who has already left), she told me they will have some other interesting themes wor...the themes look quite plain fr the marriott's pics
sad.gif

grace...can u email me those that u have took to [email protected]? u took it during the wedding show?