Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel

giraffe~

hi, i had my wedding dinner at marriott in march. michelle was very helpful, she offered to stick my personalised labels on the chocolate boxes, make reception table signages and stayed back to welcome an impt guest, even though these aren't in her job scope. she was accomodating to most of my requests although of cos you cannot ask for the moon la. the banquet manager jerome was very helpful too, and assigned a staff to help me carry my train, although i got a bit irritated cos she sometimes gets in the way so i eventually preferred to do it myself. i heard good comments about the food in general, esp the ice cream dessert - guests didn't want to leave early cos they were enjoying dessert! we were all lined up outside to send guests off at 10.30 and no one came out! think the lighting was nice. but i felt that my 1st dish presentation song as abruptly cut off though. in all, i think it went well and i'm glad i chose marriott! for the price, the service and standards are really good. and cos i signed up early the ice cream was from haagen daaz. guests really loved that. as for the room, i thought it was really huge and comfy, the toilet is huge, perfect for me to change into my huge gown. the breakfast is so-so only, but definitely can eat enough to be full la.

maimai

Hey dear all,

I am looking for wedding lunch in october this year. only inviting around 80pax. Can anyone share their package, photo and experience with Marriot? Thank you in advance

[email protected]

maimai

Dear all, I'm Planning to sign up weddin lunch with Marriot but I am requesting a night of bridal suite but shi shi said she can't give it to me so I have to pay. Anyone face this problem?

felixp

Hi Maimai, I got it FOC with my 25 tables. issit ur tables is on the low side? =( So wat is shi shi offering u? If not FOC, any disc? How much is the disc?

elizalynn

Hihi, I recently metup with Michelle, so far very pleased with her services. Briefly spoke to her boss, Deb on the phone and was a pleasant experience. Tho Marriott's ballroom did not give me the wow factor, most prob might sign up with them...
However, HTB n I forgot to view their Solemnization venues when we went there... Anyone had their ROM there?

poh

Hi, thinking of having my AD lunch at Marriott of about 40tables to 45 tables next year. Will it be very squeezy? Cos i am thinking of having a dance floor to be included also. Thinking of going to Mandarin Orchard but they require at least 45 tables which is a bit too many and risky. Did anyone hold 45 tables at Marriott's Grand ballroom with a dance floor? Can share their floor plan?

Hi ladies

Mind sharing me with your Marriott package? Can we request to waive off the corkage of the wine? Whats the maximum % of invitation card and car park coupon are they giving?

Review of food? Nice?

hi Prada,

Nothing beats making an appt with the hotel wedding planner and have an actual site inspection.

However, the hotel is undergoing an a renovation till Dec i think, so you may want to give them some slack.

I had my wedding in June, no complain at all!!! Somemore, you can earn Marriott Rewards points and stay @ oversea Marriott for 2-3 nights =)

star_xin

Hi ladies, I'm considering an AD lunch at marriott but based on the pic tat they sent to mi, the lunch theme seems quite plain. Anyone has pics and can share with mi? Juz need a feel of how it actually looks like. Also, anyone topped up for the dinner themes?
Thanks alot!

felixp

Hi Xin, I had my lunch at Marriot for 32 tables in May this year. I wld recommend them as their service is good, food is great and we had an enjoyable lunch event. We got the traditional theme without any topping up. =p. My coordinator is Michelle - thumbs up for her, very accomodating =p

star_xin

Hi Felix, thanks for the info given. Have liaised with shi shi and she has been very helpful too. However htb feels that Marriott is a little on the high side after taxes, so we're still looking around. Thanks anyway!
happy.gif

star_xin

Hi just wanna share my recent upsetting experience with Marriott.. Decided to meet up with the wedding planner for discussion and ballrm viewing last wk.. Also made a tentative booking with them as the date was still available.. Exactly 1 wk later another coordinator called to say that the date has already been booked and paid by another couple and that I was actually on the waiting list.. I was shocked as there was no phone call nor email from anyone following my meetup updating me on the status.. There I was still waiting for the coordinator to update me on certain queries which nv happened.. Till date I have not received any explanation from them on the double bookings as the coordinator is still on leave.. Not trying to discourage anyone from their services but just to share my own disappointing experience with them..

kjtan

I'm currently negotiating a package with Marriott for my AD in March. However, Michelle doesn't seem to be v willing to give us any perks. She will deduct a bit of things fr package in order to give us the so called "perks"

Anyone can share with me their package with marriott for dinner?

Thanks!
[email protected]

happylala

My coordinator is michelle. I find her very helpful! She listens to my needs and attends to my sometimes unreasonable requests.. Hahaha... Coz I am doing a travel themed wedding in June 2012. Abit of anxiety is unavoidable. LOL.

Kjtan: Michelle just got married this year. I guess she understand best as a bride. Maybe a good chat with her will help
happy.gif
My HTB and myself, we chose the good perks that are most important to us. We have 1 night free stay for 18 table wedding lunch and a wish come true. But food tasting at discounted rate only. Nevertheless, we still happy with the deal! Coz few hotels offer 18 tables for main ballroom. Plus Michelle got me a nice surprise! Eerr..not to share. Thats a secret between us. Haha..

princessie

hey babes! those who have signed up with marriot, are they open to nego esp with regard to no. of tables for wedding lunch on a weekend? if we want a smaller room, i suppose it would be nice to have lesser tables too.

what are the typical things you would choose from the ":wishes" offered under the weekend dinner/lunch packages?

chubbyjuan

Hi, I'm new here. Was browsing and seems like Marriott is a good choice.

Can anyone here share with me their 2012 package with Marriott for wedding lunch?

Thanks a lot! =)

Hi Sherlyn, im a 2011 lunch groom, so my package may not be useful for you. Anyway, 2012 lunch should be $808++ if im not wrong.

Highly Recommend Marriott:
Great brand name
Good transport link/sheltered from MRT/Outside ERP
Marriott reward points earned can be used for complimentary night stay worldwide ( good for honeymoon extension)
Only 1 Ballroom, no need share foyer.
Low minimum 18tables required, good for small and cosy wedding.
Professional and experienced staffs with great service.

Im not a Marriott Staff hahaa... just a Marriott lover!

daprayer

Hi all, we are just starting to plan for our wedding which we are expecting to be in early 2013
happy.gif

Considering Marriott as our parents were raving about it, glad to hear great comments on the service and food!

Understand from a colleague whose sister-in-law just had her wedding there, that the staff and banquet manager are really attentive and they provided excellent service
happy.gif

Laurel, we are intending to have a travel theme too! If you don't mind sharing some of your ideas/ considerations, can PM me?

pinkprin311

Hi all,

My wedding coordinator is Liyan. I am planning to sign up with them this weekend at their roadshow. Anyone have any feedback on my coordinator? Does anyone know what they normally offer at Marriott Wedding Show?

pinkprin311

Hi Rabbit Girl,

apologize on the delay in reply, didnt log on for some time. The Roadshow was over before your post, but dont worry, the perks are mainly for weekday wedding held before July this year
happy.gif

may12bride

Hi! I just signed up with Marriott for their close-knitted dinner on a weekday. Has anyone had experience with this? Cos it's a very small dinner, only 5-8 tables, so is it awkward to do the whole yum seng thing? Also, has anyone had their solemnisation done before the dinner? What is a recommended schedule? Thanks for your advice and ideas!

pigpiglee25

Hi, did anyone go for marriott's last roadshow? Any good perks n what do they usually offer? Cos I'm thinking if I should wait til their next roadshow before I sign up with them. Thanks for your advice!

happylala

Hi Dawn,

Sorry for late reply. Lately so busy. HaHa.. hmm.. my travel theme is done by Sarah Poppy. She is good! She planned my invites, table numbers, Wish tree, and photo booth. If you want, I can send you some pictures. As for Favors, I got my travel themed white heart-shape Luggage tag from Marriott. It is really very nice!! Another friend got the same favor too.

xsuexiao

Hi Laurel

Mind to share your travel theme wedding pictures and wedding package from Marriott with me? Would like to see those as
I am planning for mine in early 2013
happy.gif

Thanks so much

insanelychubby

hi all BTBs

i went down to see Marriott. I doing a wedding lunch in late 2013 and hope to get a grand ballroom as we are planning 18 tables or so.

looks like Marriott currently have this Gallery and if we have 18 tables, they will try to get us to take Gallery. the layout of the Gallery is not what we like. it is in L-shape and basically it at the corridor of Level 2.

now, if we want lunch at Grand Ballroom we need a min of 20 tables and currently Marriott has not open late 2013 bookings. in fact, they are planning to increase their prices again.

=(

happylala

Hi Xsue Xsue,

I tried to PM you. But your profile does not allow PM. Do you have email address etc? I can share with u my travel theme pictures and ideas. But for Marriott packages, I think it may varies, as I signed up a year plus ago. Maybe you can contact my planner, Michelle. She is very friendly and helpful. You can discuss your needs with her. We are quite pleased with what she provided for us.
happy.gif
)

mishelle

hi laurel, could you share with me the theme you had used for your ballroom as well? so you had customised ur own theme and did not use the ones from marriott?

thanks!

vorticist

hi there,

Will you be keen?

Dinner banquet package to let go urgently for a friend. Deposit $5000 paid. (willing to absorb)

Date : 2 Nov 2012
Venue: Marriott Hotel, Orchard
Price: $1218++ (9 course dinner)
Tables : 25 tables (negotiable)

Many free perks included. Pls email [email protected] for more details. =)