Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel

felixp

Hi Ahfaith: I dun have close guy cousins/ relatives.. Think I will ask my close guy friend to help ;)

Thanks for sharing; think will go and ask the 姑妈 at the balestier temple for the GDL date.. Didn't know the GDL oso need pick auspicious date .. ;)

candycandy001

Felix (felixp) > My mum said wan to get her god daughter's son but we are not close also. I afraid she said said only. My hubby said worse case ask the PG to open for us and give him AP. Ha...

GDL and AD are given by the same master. I dont have AC date. Anyhow la...

felixp

Candy: I oso think can anyhow haha.. Cos these are just procedures, if can't find oso no choice.. My cousin told me she heard go groom open door on their own.. So if can like dat dun need worry so much..

The thing is we didn't get the AD date from FS master.. That time the tongshu not out yet, so My Hubby went to see the 万年历 n research abit n got the AD date.. Now we dun have the GDL date.. Think we will go and ask the 姑婆 at the balestier temple for the GDL date ;)

felixp

Hi all, I am in jb citisquare now.. The printing shop at level 3 quoted the inserts (showed them the exact marriot insert) 200 for rm110. Lead time required 1 week and better to bring along a sample of the wedding card when ordering ;)

shopaholicjuan

Thanks Felix!
happy.gif

felixp

Hi candy: gd m! Yups! It's T&T; not sure wats their rate for 80 cos I asked them for 200 pcs.. But I saw dat they have a chart showing the prices for different qty but didn't really take a good look.. U already confirmed with them? Still cheaper than lil'art
happy.gif

felixp

Hi candy: I have seen wedding cards that have no inserts but printing done direct on the cards.. I tot like dat hasslefree n cheaper, haha.. Anyway I emailed lil'art and their reply was dat, yes, can print direct on cards but the price is the same as the inserts ;(. Btw, u confirmed ur printing Liao?

felixp

Hi Christine: hehes... 1 more task completed for you!! ;) u using T&T at jb or kentrich??

For the wedding cards for my relatives, my mum says must write the proper designation and 称呼 according to the traditional way of writing.. etc... HaiZz... Last time for my sister's wedding there was a relative who helped us wrote but he has passed away... Now no one to write... Any of you have such problems? ;(

Btw I am asking my guy friend help open the groom's door, any idea if the door opener must be younger than my Hubby? Cos my friend is 3yrs older??

candycandy001

Felix (felixp) > i think anyone can open the door, but tradition is single (not married guy). I printed from T&T JB, all the wordings is done by them, only need to give them our name & parent name,etc... The chinese year "xing mao", lunar date etc all done by the shop.

felixp

Candy >> hehes!! So exciting for u... Ur big day just round the corner!!! Txs for sharing... My guy friend not married yet... So it's okay loh... ;)) I looking forward to mine in may!! ;)

felixp

Hi kenny >> u planning for 2012 or 2011? Just checked with my wedding coordinator - Michelle yesterday, 2012's packages prices are not out yet. For 2011, I think there are some price differences as ours were booked last year. In either cases, better for you to email marriott directly to chk. If u want u can email my coordinator - michelle at [email protected] ;))

felixp

Hi all, just to share, this is the email from Lil'Art when i emailed them to enquire on the wedding card inserts printing:

You can select the Gold Portrait or Landscape Cards and print directly onto the cards BUT only English OR Chinese can be printed on one side of the card. As the other side has embossed patterns, thus nothing can be printed on it.
- Printing is charged per run.
- Printing of inserts or cards start from $100 for 200 inserts or cards. (Prices vary according to template & quantity)
- Visit www.lil-art.com (text templates) to view text templates, samples and detailed pricing.
- Fax or Email completed print order form to us.
- We'll process order and email drafts to you for your confirmation.
- Upon your confirmation of drafts, prints will be ready in 10 working days. Additional charges apply for express jobs.
- We deliver cards & prints to the Marriott (concierge) every Friday evening.
- Payment is made by cheque or bank transfer.

shopaholicjuan

>felix I used the one at citysquare. Already collected them. They're quite fast in the printing. We sent it in on Mon and got the printing done by Sat. Haha now need to start writing the cards.
happy.gif

felixp

Hi Christine > Wah, so fast... good thing oso... then u can start writing the cards .. =) my mum told me for some of my relatives, i must write the correct designation according to the traditional chinese way, else they wont come... so troublesome... =(

Btw, which wedding card design u chose? I intend to chose the one in red with the "xi" chinese character...

candycandy001

Christine Tan (shopaholicjuan)> I think we used the same printer.. Ha^^

Felix> I also collected the insert liao. but haven collected the card from Marriott. Ha^^ Planning to get the ivory colour stated "wedding invitation" de.

leahteresa

Hi all,

Any reviews about the wedding banquet at Marriott hotel? I am looking around for my wedding in Jan 2012 so any feedback is greatly appreciated!!
thank you!

ah_faith

Leah> I chose Marriott coz of its square and pillarless ballroom (there'll only be a pillar blocking the stage's view if u have more than 50 tables). The distance of the aisle walkway to the stage is quite okay for me and that it's the only ballroom in Marriott so means it's unlikely there'll be another wedding in progress on the AD. So it's to prevent my guests to be confused.
Also, the stage and the door entrance have this special lighting that can change up to 7 colors which can match my wedding theme! XD

U should go join the Marriott's workshop if possible as there's more perks given during the event.

Felix> I chose the card with the "xi" word too! =)

felixp

Hi ah faith > hehes... i like traditional cards and super red one leh... that's the most traditional they got =))

Hi Leah > I only went 2 places to view, with a budget for 25 tables only. I went to Mandarin Marina 1st intending to have the grand ballroom but they need us to confirm at least 35-40 tables for lunch at the grand ballroom but was offered the smaller ballroom at the upper level.. but i dun like the setting of the small ballroom ;( but i must say mandarin marina offered very good perks even without much bargaining... but somehow after seeing mandarin marina, i wasnt very impressed nor displeased...

Then we went to Marriott... immediately i like it very much cos the feeling/ambiene is very coordinated from the moment u walk into the hotel till u reach the ballroom ... hehes... i didnt inspect the ballroom so thoroughly like ahfaith. Yes, we also liked the idea of only us having lunch at that time and no chance of my guests getting confused on my AD =) But one thing is that Marriott is super ngeow... must bargain or ask b4 they will give u more perks loh...

happy 'hunting'!! hmmm... dun choose so many places for shortlisting, u may get overwhelmed. =)

leahteresa

Faith: Thank you! Have you gone for the food tasting? How is it? I would like to have a place with nice food as well.

Felix: Thanks! I am looking at ard 35-40 tables. My in laws have big families. Yeah I will probably short list 3 hotels.

Have you seen Goodwood park/ Hyatt? Any feedback?

ah_faith

Leah: I will be going for my food tasting tis coming weekend. =) Will update u here then! Btw, if you have settled on a date and it falls on a weekend, the minimum table requirement for Marriott is 40 tables. But ur guest list will definitely increase eventually nearer to ur AD.

I have attended my friend's wedding at Goodwood Park last Sept. Food was quite nice though and the bridal suite was on the same level as the ballroom. However, the reception area is a pretty small area as my friend opted for the live band (2 musicians) to play during the cocktail session and the walkway was pretty narrow. She had abt 35 tables. Nevertheless, I should say the ballroom ambience and stage are pretty good. The bridal suite is nice and big too! =)

Have not attended any wedding at Hyatt though so unable to provide any comment on that. Hope this helps! =D

felixp

Hi Leah: I havent go for food tasting yet cos my AD is only in May. But i heard u can taste some of their food if you attend their wedding workshop.

I only been to Goodwood park before. I tot the ambience quite nice too. Another reason on why we chose marriot is that it is near MRT and convenient for guests who dun have own transport =)

Ah Faith: Happy food tasting. Btw, how many tables u having? I am having 25 confirmed tables - Mich says no FOC food tasting unless I confirmed 30 tables later. If i can't get 30 tables, think wont taste cos tasting on tasting day will differ from actual day, can save the $$ too ... =)

ah_faith

Felix> Not to forget that guests who drive need not pay ERP for the wedding in Marriott! Hahaha!

Contract stated 40 tables but my current list may exceed 40.. =S
Quite looking forward to my food tasting! Yum Yum! Kekeke!
Yeah but I hope the AD food will taste almost on par with the dishes we had for food tasting. I heard from my friends who had food tasting advised that the session will be useful if you encounter certain dishes that are too salty or too bland, you should feedback so that the AC dishes will be adjusted accordingly, if not better than the food tasting dishes. Personally, the session is also for both families to meet up and discuss abt our wedding preparations and stuff like that. =)

felixp

Ah faith >> U so fast with your replies.. hehes... I agree loh, if got food tasting then good loh, else need pay leh... on my contract, its $50 ++ per head. Maybe see how. I think i may be able to confirm 30 tables and get the food tasting foc =). Wat theme u select for your dinner? Shld be the red/traditional theme bah? Then can match your wedding cards. When u collecting your cards?

ah_faith

Felix> lol! Office has internet access =X
I believe nearer to ur AD, ur guest list will definitely increase de.
I will be choosing the Blue & White theme! lol! My wedding cards were collected sometime in Dec. I actually took the red and off white cards... Red cards meant for relatives while white cards are for friends. =) Which theme u taking leh?
I'm currently pending the insert printing now. =S
Hope i can get them by this week so I can start sending them out by nxt week onwards... Dont want to clash with the CNY period coz my AD in late Feb...

giraffe~

ah faith, i'm going for food tasting TODAY! in 1 hour's time! haha! i'm really excited. will let u all know how it goes!! =) which menu u choosing?? your AD is in march too right? when u sending out the cards?

leah: i attended wedding at goodwood park b4. food is fairly good la. hyatt ballroom has PILLARS but otherwise i think it's very classy with dim lighting and mirrors everywhere. and a big reception space. but i hate pillars, so it's out for me. i'm just sad that marriott's reception space is so small =(

candycandy001

Leah> I have attended wedding dinner at Hyatt, the food is ok, but too many pillars n inexperience staff. I will not recommend this hotel for tat price. For Goodwood park I dont know but I like their mooncake, ha^^

I choose Marriott one of the main reason also bcos it near MRT. Anyway, my AD is on Sun, no ERP definately. Ha^^

ah_faith

Giraffe, wah must really let us know how's the food! I've confirmed the food tasting menu le so don tink can change. Mine's menu B. U?
My wedding's late feb, so will be mailing the cards out hopefully by nxt week. Will also be meeting up w friends & relatives during the CNY period to hand out the invites.
So far, still feeling relaxed haha! Probably most things are done or fixed appointments le.
Oh remember to take photos of ur food tasting dishes ah! Keke

nickywong09

Hi all BTBs, i am planning to hold my wedding at Marriot Hotel in end 2012/start 2013! so kian cheong i know:)

Is it possible to hold a weekend wedding Dinner at Marriot with only 22 confirmed tables + 2 reserved tables? No ballroom, function room also can.

anyone to share their experiences? thanks in advance:)

felixp

Hi Eileen > I asked my wedding coordinator -
Michelle dat the 2012/13 packages not out yet.. Maybe u wanna contact the hotel directly to chk better.. ;)

ah_faith

Candy> I also no CNY mood... Only look forward to the small time card games and mahjong nia.. lol! Worried about the CNY goodies that will make me put on weight too! =S
Don worry, I shall update on the food tasting once I've gone through it! =)

giraffe~

ah faith --> have fun at your food tasting tmr!! =) i enjoyed mine! yours is lunch right? mine's also menu B but dinner.. dunno if dishes are the same.
anyway, cold dish was superb, sharks fin superb, scallop w broccoli & pine nuts was beautifully presented! but scallops a bit small. sorry forgot to bring camera so no pics, but it was really pretty, arranged to look like the shape of a fish! i took the prawn & spare ribs combo.. really beautiful presentation too! fish quite good, duck very good, rice in lotus leaf very good, dessert was melting hearts... fantastic! looks beautiful & impressive on the glass dish too. we had no comments about the taste. only negative comments are that the scallops were too small, the abalone a bit chewy (but chef says it's the type of abalone, not the cooking style) that's all!
everyone had good comments, even my fiance's family who are generally quite picky. there is no doubt that the standard of food at marriott is good. just whether or not they can reproduce it on the actual day.
but my fiance's sis attended a wedding lunch at marriott recently and said the food was good too. so i believe marriott won't disappoint us on the real day.
are u driving to the food tasting? find out how many cars your family is taking and get your coordinator to provide enough coupons. michelle only gave 2 but we had 3 cars and i am a bit shy to ask for more so i just paid for the 3rd car.
have fun & tell us how it goes!

ah_faith

Giraffe> Mine's a dinner Menu B too! I guess our dishes are mainly the same except for the dessert and cold dish perhaps. Is ur coordinator present during ur food tasting? I think my side only got 1 car so no issue with the parking coupons. =)

So glad to hear the positive comments from ur food tasting. I hope mine's good too. This is because have heard many mixed reviews on Marriott so it's always good to hear positive ones from the BTBs here! XD

I'll definitely be bringing my camera along but just that whether I can resist in not eating first before I snap the photos! =x Shall keep u girls updated soon~

felixp

Hi all >> Happy food tasting!! =) Yes, please share with us your reviews! Btw, can i ask if your food tasting is foc? For mine, i didnt managed to get foc food tasting for 25 tables unless i confirmed 30 tables. =(

Hi Candy >> u collected your cards and inserts liao? How's everything? Finished the inserting and mailing/sending of the cards liao? =)

ah_faith

Morning all,
This' gonna be a long email so bear with me!

Christine> Mine was yesterday. =)

For my food tasting yesterday, I was suppposed to have 10 pax but last minute 2 pax couldnt come so we were left with 8 pax. We actually opted to try 5 portion of each dish in a category except those which comes in a whole (like duck, sharks fins and fish).

Anyway, I received 2 comp parking coupons which we only used 1. Any idea if the other coupon can be used on another occasion?

My families commented that most of the dishes were quite good, except the abalone clams in the cold dish and the dang gui duck dish.

For cold dish, our only complaint was the abalone clam was too hard to chew. Other than that, my family commented the Unagi was very good whereas my hubby's family said they were too soft. =\ But we still opt for the unagi.

For the scallop or prawn dish, we opted for the scallop as we presume not many guests eat celery that comes with the prawns but nevertheless, the prawns were huge, juicy and fresh.

We all had sharks fins so my hubby's family commented that the soup was not 'strong' or 'thick' enough whereas my family thought it was okay. =\

For the soon hock fish, we all commented that it was fantastic, very fresh and the soy sauce was just nice. =)

For the spare ribs with either prawns or scallop, we opted for the scallop again coz the presentation of the dish was very impressive and it seems it requires more work than the prawn dish. Also, the scallop comes wrapped with deep fried yam and the taste was heavenly!

We opted for the zhen zhu abalone with spinach as the entire presentation of the dish is more impressive. However, my family commented that the zhen zhu abalone was too chewy but the presentation of the dish triumps over this. lol!

For the dang gui duck, we felt the dang gui fragrant was not entirely seeped into the duck. And some commented the meat was too coarse. In the end, my hubby's family said that we should take the crispy chicken which we had tried it during my ROM (also @ Marriott) as they felt it was good. My ROM was sometime in Nov 2009 and yet they could still remember the crispy chicken taste so I bet the dish must be good! Lol! Unfortunately, I have a bad memory. Cant remember that taste. =\

As for the yi-fu mee or lotus leaf rice, we all felt that the lotus leaf rice was too bland whereas the mee was more flavourful. The mee was also cooked in a different style as what I normally see in wedding. It's not so dark in color and there were seafood such as squids and crabmeat stick (not the cheapo kind). And by the time of this dish, we were already quite full as the portions were really huge!!!

For dessert, we had 5 portions of red bean with rice dumpling and 5 portion of yam paste. Both were good but my family prefers yam paste whereas my hubby's side prefer red bean but the choice was open. So I asked for yam paste. My dad said it was very uniquely done (nt sure what he meant) but he mentioned it was different from what u'll eat outside. Nevertheless, it was stilll good. Oh, as for the rice dumpling which comes in sesame, you can choose to have it in peanuts.

We met up with Chef Lau (cant recall his full name) and he assures us that the food quality will maintain during the AD as well. As for our feedback, he had noted them all too and will make improvements. so I can say, all of us really enjoyed the food tasting yesterday and my parents no longer have the belief that restaurant's food will be better than hotel's food. =)

I have not uploaded the food tasting photos in fb yet but even if I do, I will put them in private mode so as to keep my guests in suspense first. =)

shopaholicjuan

> ah faith wah ur post is so detailed. Yes I certainly hope the food on the AD will be good too. We had a free dinner here before we even signed with Marriott. Lol but that time we met up with the catering manager. Think Michelle wasn't working here yet.
happy.gif

candycandy001

Felix (felixp)> I collected the card from Marriott, the insert I printed from T&T. Every thing is fine, I took a abt 1 hr to tie the ribbon for 50pcs card. Ha^^