Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel

newbiewed_gal

hi jo! look for Casmin, she's very sweet and patient and accomodating.

just checked the calendar and my AD is in 7mths plus... im in a panic cos I havent been doing much.. wish me luck! x

whitelv

hey everyone,

I've been quite disappointed with Marriott on the whole. The coordinators are quite good....quick in responding. However, I can't help but feel so cheated by the quality of their package.

First of all, their packages for certain months are not cheap - above $1200 per table but yet they advertise for only $798++. It makes people think that their dinner is really cheap. It reflects so badly on dinners that are of the higher package range.

Secondly, the quality of the items they are providing is pale in comparison to other hotels. I'm very disappointed with the wedding card and door gifts especially. They look so cheapskate. I don't know how my guests will react when they get this kind of gifts. I've been to previous Marriott weddings before and the things I saw were much much better! This year is just so low budget.

If i had a choice, I would've gone to Fullerton or Shangri-la where the service is so much better and at similar prices.

At the end of the day, I hope the food quality is not compromised and the guests can at least enjoy good food.

I would advise other brides-to-be to think twice about which hotel they choose and not get "cheated" by this smoke-screen of "good offers". Check the quality of their items before signing up. =)

hammiebao

whitelove,

I'm not sure are we looking at the same thing, firstly I do like the wedding invitation card, and they have a wide choice for wedding door gifts.. and some are the standards that other hotel provides..I dont see cheapskate.. some are really nice and if u really not happy with the gift, u can bring in ur own one and they will deduct some money from ur package or exchange for other thing...

mango0977

hey whitelove,

same here, we like the wedding cards and there are a few designs to choose from...in fact, one of colleagues like it so much and asked if we got it from our printer....

pinkmint

Hi, just wondering if they have different designs (both invites and favours) for lunch and dinner? Any idea when we get to choose the favours?

mango0977

hey pinkmint,

u will be asked to choose the wedding favours about 1 mth before the wedding.
The invites for wedding luncheon and dinner shld be the same sets. Favours i m not too sure thou.

doi_doi

as for what i know... their wedding cards only got 3 designs rite...

i also dont quite like their wedding favours... as compare to others... Marriott is pale in comparsion...

precious_11

Yes they have 3 designs for their wedding invites.. which I think all look quite "exquisite"... their wedding favours selection also quite extensive... and our guests all liked the wedding invites + the favours..

But i guess different people have diff tastes.. so they will never be able to please everyone.. but anyone interested in having their dinner at which ever hotel would have requested to take a look at these things before making a holistic decision... and if favours + invites are more impt than service and quality of food, then pls go somewhere else if it doesnt meet your standard...

whitelv

hmmm maybe becos i've seen other cards that look much nicer so im not used to the cards that Marriott is providing. I find them rather plain.

cher, which wedding favour did u choose?

mymelodygal

Hi,

Anyone has hotel coordinator to recommend? Can send me their email address? Wanna get their 2010 wedding package from them

I’m keen to host my wedding banquet there nxt year but need to get recommendation from experience brides =)

Please help and advice if there are any areas to look at before we sign =)

Thanks in advance

etirine

hi mymelodygal, my coordinator is Annabel - [email protected]. She's very accommodating and lovely to work with (so far).

On another note, I've spoke to all the coordinators and they are very nice. So no worries, whichever you choose.

hammiebao

yup Annabel is very nice !!

Cher, I'm going to choose the dove letter opener too !! my hubby likes it alot.. but havent really decide on the other choice

whitelv

hammiebao/cher>> yeah i thought the dove opener was the nicest.....how about the photo frame? u mean we can select 2 choices?

precious_11

yes you have 2 choices.. then they will alternate so on each table, there will be 5 of each...
happy.gif

pinkmint

Thanks Grace. =)

Will be going for my food tasting soon. Hoping to be see the favours then. Very curious about them.

Also, are the vietnamese spring rolls nice? I didn't choose them but saw them in some pictures and they look really yummy!!

precious_11

Hi Nini... I took the one with the "xi" on the cover..

Hammie - yeah i agree that the ribbon is a lot of work... luckily my family sat down on 2 evenings and everyone chipped in.. so it was quite fast... get people to help you..
happy.gif

precious_11

My dinner was exactly a month ago...
happy.gif

Yeah.. folding inserts is actually a lot easier then tying the ribbons.. haha

And u know what..our captain for the evening was so sweet.. he actually remembered that we had our wedding dinner there a month ago and he sms-ed my hubby this morning.. to congratulate us and hope that we would have some special plans for tonight.. am really quite touched.. coz how many people would actually bother to contact the wedding couple once the dinner is over??

whitelv

pink mint>> i don't have my invitation cards yet =S i hope 1 month is not too short a time to give out invites!

im going for food tasting soon. i think i tried the vietnamese spring rolls before and they tasted good. in fact marriott's food is really not bad

hammiebao

We actually don't need must invitation cards, as half of the guest are relatives and they only need 1 card for the family.. so we slowly do maybe 20 a day then we send out.. so far so good, will do more during weekend.. 3 more weeks to my wedding.. hee

happycake

Actually, when I first went to Marriott for viewing, my coordinator showed me their invitations and there were really a lot of designs... No idea why it was left with 3 designs now. I don't really like the landscape style, because the fonts on my inserts seem so cramped.
sad.gif

Anyway, I emailed Marriott asking them to show me what favours they have, and there is quite a variety... They dun look cheapskake to me. How come some of you said they are limited?

BTW, I am running out of invites, (i just increased to 45 tables) if anyone has leftovers and don't mind giving, please email me [email protected]. Thanks a mil!

concerto

Hi all,

I'm considering holding my banquet in Sheraton Towers or Marriot. Has any of you tried food in both n which you reco?

Thanks!

hammiebao

I heard that the ballroom in Sheraton is L shape.. so we never go see Sheraton as we don't want L shape ballroom...

2 more weeks to go !!!

concerto

Thanks! Now my mum wan me to choose Marina Mandarin cos my uncle's fren work ther...
sad.gif
cant parents let us choose...

happy for you! hope all goes well hammie!

s_k

Hi,

I m interested in holding a wedding lunch with marriot. Anyone can share with me what things to ask for/perks to ask for.... Thank you!!!

flyingstar

i'm a marriott btb too!! just that i've been MIA for a long time. hehehe.
happy.gif

grace> care to share your AD schedule with me? i'm having my luncheon at marriott too and would like to know how to arrange the timings.

anyway i chose marriott due to its location and the raves of the food. and the ballroom with a big foyer is a plus point...as my bf's side got a lot of small kids - very good for them to run about.
happy.gif

1 year to my wedding! getting excited over the planning (yes i am quite kiasu!)

muji

Ha you really sound excited flying star! I'm excited too, and mine's in 2011! I have actually decided to book my luncheon with Marriott too, they have better pricing and the ballroom is big!

flyingstar

faith, i guess we are all getting psyched up. heh.

booking the banquet is the first thing i done for my wedding. and i have been slacking after that. hehehe.

now i have less than a year to go...time to buck up and settle everything else... hehe.

yup...luncheon at marriott is still quite affordable, plus a nice big ballroom is a plus point!

ene

Our wedding dinner was at the Marriott in May this year and we have nothing but raves for them. The staff was attentive, the food was good and ample, everything ran like clockwork. My 'brothers' and 'sisters' did not even have to work very hard because the manager in charge was really "on the ball" and did everything. We really felt very well taken care off, even after the dinner! My husband was very hung over the next day and the manager kept coming to check on him, bringing tea bags, etc.

Two thumbs up for Marriott and we will not hesitate to recommend it to anyone who wants to hold their wedding dinner there. We've attended LOADS of wedding dinners and Marriott is still tops in terms of service. If you like, you can read more about our wedding preps here: www.youdecidelor.wordpress.com Just search "marriott"
happy.gif

PS. I am not related to Marriott in anyway. Just a very happy customer
happy.gif

s_k

Hammiebao,

Lunch is getting more and more common now le... The good things is the min tables will be much lesser compare to dinner.... How's the food during the wedding? Any recommendation?

muji

Hi SK, I am also having a luncheon on 20 Feb 2011 too! Congrats! I just went to the hotel to put the deposit too
happy.gif

My sister had her luncheon last year during Xmas too, food was fantastic!
happy.gif